Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. (1810 Views)

What I Do When A Bae Visit And Refuse To Go / "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady / How Do You Control Sexual Urge When You Are Single.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by Odoctor(m): 10:21pm On May 03, 2020
The way this idea crystallized into my brain last time, made me to bring it you. Read to end.

It is no longer news that place of origin is now a very important determinant factor in marriages in Igbo land and environs. Well, I am writing because I am an Igbo man, so I cannot vouch for other tribes.

My people for “how long shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?” For how long shall we allow the medieval ideologies of 18th century still determine the status of the very most important institution in our time – marriage.

History has fed us with so many negativities concerning marriage that if time is not taken we will become our own enemies without knowing it. Am I still speaking parables? Don’t worry, let me go direct to the point.

It is not every Imo girl na-agba n’iro (sleeps outside)
Not every Mbaise person bü agwo (that is a snake)
Not every IMO guy na-akpu oke sense (that is too clever)
It is not every Anambra man bü onye ogwu ego (that is a ritualist)
It is not every Anambra woman na-adominate their husband (that dominates their husband)
Not every Enugu/nsukka girl that is primitive
Not all Enugu men are lazy
It is not every Aba/Ngwa girl na-eri anu mmadu (that eats human flesh)
It is not every Abia man (??)
All Abakaliki/Ebonyi people are not primitive
Not all every Akwaibom/Calabar girl na-agba n’iro (sleeps outside)
It is not every Rivers/Delta person (??)
All Edo people are not witches/wizards
Etc

Regrettably, all these factors which we hold so tenaciously are environmentally induced. How do you expect an IMO girl born and brougt up in Enugu to behave like your supposedly Imo-like? There is no way an Abakaliki man born and brought up in Anambra will act like the supposed Abakaliki man. And so on and so forth…These things are modifiable, and are not genetic. Character can be built and is very amenable to change. If you want that Anambra girl to behave like your supposed Enugu girl, you can do it. If you want Aba girl to act like your choice Anambra girl, you can do it. These features are very incontrovertibly malleable, and I can prove that beyond every conceivable doubt for anyone that wishes to.

Apart from the love you have for yourselves (which I am not here to talk about), What should be our primary concern are genetic factors that are non-modifiable. Things like genetic diseases like cancer, sickle cell disease, etc. These ones are even becoming modifiable with advances in medicine and health care.

Please, ladies and gentle men, let us remove these deleterious attributes from our marriage curriculum before it wrecks greater havoc in our hard-earned existence. Do not say it does not concern you, it does. I may not remember your state or your town, but the truth is every town/state in Nigeria has one or more of these stereotyped beliefs hanging on their neck.

He that lives in a glass house, should not throw stones

https://www.odoctor.ng/the-influence-of-place-of-origin-in-marriage-in-igboland-way-forward/
Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by Odoctor(m): 10:24pm On May 03, 2020
I will love to hear your views cum experiences, if any. Thank you.
Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by immaq8(f): 10:44pm On May 03, 2020
you can take someone out of the village but you can't take the village out of the person.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by Odoctor(m): 10:55pm On May 03, 2020
immaq8:
you can take someone out of the village but you can't take the village out of the person.

Meaning? I thought you are a lady?
Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by immaq8(f): 11:05pm On May 03, 2020
Odoctor:

Meaning? I thought you are a lady?
what does your write up gat to do with my personality... because I'm a lady so I don't have opinion..mbok?
Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:15pm On May 03, 2020
immaq8:

What?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by Aidlyfe: 11:17pm On May 03, 2020
Let everybody marry their own trybe.
Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:23pm On May 03, 2020
Op it is religion and tribe that is making people to be sentimental.

Remove these you will find out everybody na the same with same MR NIGER D characteristic
Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by Odoctor(m): 8:51am On May 04, 2020
immaq8:
what does your write up gat to do with my personality... because I'm a lady so I don't have opinion..mbok?
No that's not what I mean. I mean, ladies mostly are the victims of theses biases for obvious reasons. So I suppose you also should be a crusader of unison, just as I'm doing at the moment.
Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by Odoctor(m): 8:53am On May 04, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Op it is religion and tribe that is making people to be sentimental.

Remove these you will find out everybody na the same with same MR NIGER D characteristic
Absolutely the same Mr Niger D. Regrettably, it is we in the circle of religion that are guilty most times.
Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by Odoctor(m): 8:58am On May 04, 2020
Aidlyfe:
Let everybody marry their own trybe.
Love does not recognize tribal boundaries. Constraining Love with the sentiments of geographical landmarks and culture robs it of its essence.

So many potential marriages have hit the rock simply because of unfounded/superstitious arbitrary edifices built by our ancestors.

It is time to exit this mind imprisonment.
Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by Aidlyfe: 10:18am On May 04, 2020
Odoctor:

Love does not recognize tribal boundaries. Constraining Love with the sentiments of geographical landmarks and culture robs it of its essence.

So many potential marriages have hit the rock simply because of unfounded/superstitious arbitrary edifices built by our ancestors.

It is time to exit this mind imprisonment.

Remove Love and put Money in your response and you will make brain.
Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:03am On May 04, 2020
Aidlyfe:

Walahi u are very correct,

See ehn once money is involved, all these rubbish sentiment and prejudice will jump out of the window,

I have seen it happen before, I continue to see it happen in recent times.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by zagorakis(m): 11:08am On May 04, 2020
You obviously wrote that piece to gather likes and shares from women.. grin. You are disappointed i guess. Or a simp.

Odoctor:

No that's not what I mean. I mean, ladies mostly are the victims of theses biases for obvious reasons. So I suppose you also should be a crusader of unison, just as I'm doing at the moment.
Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by Odoctor(m): 4:21pm On May 04, 2020
Aidlyfe:

Well you are correct too. But I think using them (money/love) concurrently will make excess brain.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by Odoctor(m): 4:22pm On May 04, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Walahi u are very correct,

See ehn once money is involved, all these rubbish sentiment and prejudice will jump out of the window,

I have seen it happen before, I continue to see it happen in recent times.
Davido, P squares come to mind. Very true!
Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by Odoctor(m): 7:17am On Jun 23, 2020
zagorakis:
You obviously wrote that piece to gather likes and shares from women.. grin. You are disappointed i guess. Or a simp.

None of the above. I wrote it to help people reason like me.

Secondly, I'm alpha . cool
Re: If You Are Single And Refuse To Read This, You Are On Your Own. by Gentle0wavez: 7:43am On Jun 23, 2020
I'm not against what you just typed oh, since you said it's an 18th century mentality. But why did God in the Bible condemn his people from marrying some certain tribes if stereotype isn't real?

(1) (Reply)

/ Video Of People Having Sêx In A Petrol Filling Station / Meet Lalasticlala, The Snake Mod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.