Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:06 PM

Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 (22281 Views)

Markets To Source Bitter Kola In Bags In Nigeria / 2 Big Markets To Buy Phone Accessories At Wholesale Price In Nigeria / Oil Prices Hit Highest Levels Since 2015 Amid Tightening Markets, Saudi Purge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by Islie: 8:17am On May 04, 2020
State, stakeholders activate flood preparedness plans

The Lagos State Government has issued new guidelines for the reopening of markets and shopping malls in the state as part of efforts to curb the spread of the Coronavirus pandemic following Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s announcement of the gradual easing of the lockdown in Lagos from Monday.

The state’s Commissioner for Local Government and Community Affairs, Dr. Wale Ahmed, who disclosed this at a stakeholders’ meeting in Alausa, Ikeja, reiterated that all markets and stores in the various local councils/local council development areas across the metropolis would be allowed to open from 9:00 a.m. till 3:00 p.m. on selected days.

He emphasised that everyone attending these markets and stores would be mandated to observe precautionary measures such as physical distancing and high levels of personal and respiratory hygiene.

In a statement yesterday, Ahmed declared that malls would also be allowed to open with the proviso that stores will maintain a 60 per cent occupancy capacity at any point in time, while also ensuring that a two-metre physical distancing is maintained between a shopper and the next person in the store.

The commissioner maintained that food handlers must also wear face-masks and hand-gloves in markets at all times, directing that shop owners must provide hand sanitisers and wash hands with soap and running water at all entry points, conduct temperature checks on customers and ensure that nobody is exempted from the process.

Ahmed disclosed that stakeholders at a meeting attended by the Iyaloja/President, General Association of Commodity Market Women and Men of Nigeria, Mrs. Folashade Tinubu-Ojo and other major market leaders in the state, unanimously agreed that effective from Monday, May 4, 2020, food sellers and other ware traders should operate on alternate days in all markets across the state, saying: “In essence, those trading in other items and wares apart from food will only be allowed to trade on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, while all food and farm produce sellers will operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.”

Meanwhile, in readiness for the 2020 rains, which is expected to commence soon and its attendant floods, the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) and its key stakeholders from relevant industries, have kick-started the flood preparedness plans.

In a statement, Director-General/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of LASEMA, Dr. Olufemi Okey-Osanyintolu, said to generate adequate and effective mitigation plans against flooding this year with its prediction of high rainfalls, LASEMA had further employed technology to determine the land area of the local councils at high risk of flood.

Okey-Osanyintolu further stated that Lagos State’s re-activeness against flooding was predicated on the agency’s hazard vulnerability analysis, which empirical results determined its vulnerability to flooding in most parts of the state while the vulnerability risk assessment of flood on every part of the state, as a fundamental process in mitigating against flood disaster, helped the agency to provide accurate early warning.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/lagos-orders-markets-to-open-on-selective-dates-over-covid-19/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by ibksiv(m): 8:22am On May 04, 2020
Not a good idea. What this portends is that, there will be weeklong movements with obviously dire implications. Well, the truth is, either way, the Nigerian system cannot sustain anything. So everyone should just be safe.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by MostImportant(m): 8:29am On May 04, 2020
Ok
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by obaro85: 11:36am On May 04, 2020
Please for those of us with younger once share with them

The below links are for students, online classes start Monday between 9am-1pm

JSS1-
https://newsonthegotoday.com/gw91qh

JSS2- https://newsonthegotoday.com/wiujma

JSS3- https://newsonthegotoday.com/pothcn

SS1 ARTS/COMMERCIAL- https://newsonthegotoday.com/eg79zd

SS1 SCIENCE- https://newsonthegotoday.com/y3zrif

SS2 ARTS/COMMERCIAL- https://newsonthegotoday.com/paeg0k

SS2 SCIENCE- https://newsonthegotoday.com/ocn2pj

SS3 ARTS- https://newsonthegotoday.com/om4x7h

SS3 SCIENCE- https://newsonthegotoday.com/d645ho

SS3 COMMERCIAL- https://newsonthegotoday.com/qsvh0e

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by salbis(m): 11:36am On May 04, 2020
We may have the best of policies or orders in Nigeria. But do people adhere or observe these instructions or orders? Las las we are directionless in this country.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by Nobody: 11:37am On May 04, 2020
Something must surely kill a man

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by Makanakico(f): 11:37am On May 04, 2020
Second punishment of Nigerian Jews coming soon... grin grin

To give you a hint first punishment was in 1967 to 1970.
This one will be more sifia. grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by AbidexFIRE: 11:38am On May 04, 2020
It is well
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by Equal2DeTask(m): 11:38am On May 04, 2020
shocked
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by tillaman(m): 11:39am On May 04, 2020
Social Distancing for Oshodi market, mile 12, Idumota and all??
That seems impossible, more like giving the task force a Herculean task, those ones go just dey use the opportunity to carry out their dirty work

As the matter dey be so ehn all I can say is May the best immune system win!!

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by frugal(m): 11:39am On May 04, 2020
Macsjebs:
Mhen!, this guy is so so crazy!

I didn’t want to raise the issue here more so that it’s past, but felt there is at least a lesson to be learnt from it; I mean people can be fanatical about stuffs, but that shouldn’t endanger others lives...

I am actually referring to the guy in the movie ‘Perfume’ – he could have used natural flowers, whale excrement – which is 10 times more valuable than gold and others...

It goes to show that so much importance and value is placed on oil perfumes since medieval times and even beyond; Little wonder, three men with so much wisdom, ‘brainstormed’ and concluded that there wasn’t any better gift to present to Baby Jesus than oil Perfumes

Kindly see the thread on my signature for testimonies; do reach me on whatsapp via the number on my signature for enquiries and to place your order

Thanks in advance for your patronage

Can somebody please ban this idiot?

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by 2mch(m): 11:40am On May 04, 2020
What is being put in place to prevent over crowding?
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by EricSmallz(m): 11:41am On May 04, 2020
Uplifting the Economy
To the detriment of peoples health
Which ever way sha. Naija doesn't support the lockdown order, hence their protests.
Now that they have been released, they will still complain that the government is endangering their lives.
Still, the faults is the failed Government sha, if they had provided basic stuffs for the people inside to survive, nobody would have complained.
Yeye Government. Whether APC or PDP na one and same Idiots full there. Useless and Heartless fools
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by chukwuibuipob: 11:41am On May 04, 2020
sad So covid Have time E Dey roam about/visit?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by paulolee(m): 11:41am On May 04, 2020
good or bad ia what i dont kno bt i jus pray the government is taking the right way forward in containing this virus bcoz u cnt keep people at home with nothing to provide for their welfare n expose them to hunger and furstration all in d name of lockdown...relaxing it mayb be a good way forward bt with wat a friend in kano told me this morning abt sudden deaths around his place and his fears abt his own health, d worst part ia dt d dollar man keeps playing politics with it and we dnt even kno if he is correct or jus playing games...i jus have to keep praYing for my country...on GOD.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by Saintp(m): 11:41am On May 04, 2020
What is the sense in opening partially? Is it that the virus will go on holiday in those times?

It is either you fully lockdown or not lockdown at all.

Restricting opening times will create an unnecessary surge during those times that will even make the situation worse.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by oyindelacreme(f): 11:41am On May 04, 2020
Going out is a bad idea right now, there is another wave of this virus coming.

http://whistlingbeautiful.com/index.php/2020/05/04/green-with-envy/
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by Sleekmilan01(m): 11:42am On May 04, 2020
Is computer village among the markets cuz I need to change this crappy phone
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by TheSociopath(m): 11:43am On May 04, 2020
Countries that strictly follow their lockdown rules are still experiencing increase in the number of cases let alone a lawless city like Lagos.

Yes some people are mocking Kano. They've forgotten that a lot of the food we consume down south are from the North!
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by dayleke: 11:43am On May 04, 2020
E no go work.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by Goldenheart(m): 11:43am On May 04, 2020
smiley Everyone is confused, there is no proper planning and strategizing.... We just make things up along the way and see if it works... sad

Hell, I would be confused too if I was there... grin
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by dayleke: 11:44am On May 04, 2020
Hunger dey d land.
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by bestman09(m): 11:44am On May 04, 2020

Ahmed disclosed that stakeholders at a meeting attended by the Iyaloja/President, General Association of Commodity Market Women and Men of Nigeria, Mrs. Folashade Tinubu-Ojo and other major market leaders in the state, unanimously agreed that effective from Monday, May 4, 2020, food sellers and other ware traders should operate on alternate days in all markets across the state, saying: “In essence, those trading in other items and wares apart from food will only be allowed to trade on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, while all food and farm produce sellers will operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

So Tinubu's daughter is no more iyaloja of Lagos state markets, but president-general of Association of Commodity Market Women and Men of Nigeria?
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by Chijeep(m): 11:44am On May 04, 2020
I think it a fair idea...
because half bread is better than chinchin.
though it also av it disadvantages too
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by Mizwisdom(f): 11:44am On May 04, 2020
lol
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by wonuks(m): 11:45am On May 04, 2020
cool
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by Mizwisdom(f): 11:45am On May 04, 2020
ibksiv:
Not a good idea.

Keep quiet!
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by wunmi590(m): 11:46am On May 04, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Orders Markets To Open On Selective Dates Over COVID-19 by Lexusgs430: 11:47am On May 04, 2020
Can't he see what happened today?

He should keep ordering like Buhari, as if we're in a military regime......... cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mike Adenuga: "How I Started My Business Empire By Selling Car Stereos In 1974" / Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines / Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.