Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu (20845 Views)

MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) / Guidelines For Easing Of Lockdown By Presidential Task Force (PTF) / Campaign Posters Of Reverend King Flood The Streets Ahead Of 2019 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by 10billionDollar: 11:55am On May 04, 2020
[right][/right

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by EBISABA(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2020
I pray this will not end in regret sir>>
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by King44(m): 11:59am On May 04, 2020
Lagosians must hustle what do you expect.

Lagos na hustle city.
No food for lazy man!

Make we self make some million money.

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///D6eu1klxxqS9DnUxQ5Mc9u

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Angelfrost(m): 11:59am On May 04, 2020
Well spoken Mr. Governor... I think you should work on enforcement due to the innate stubbornness of the average Nigerian.

At least half of these people have no pressing or cogent reason stepping outdoors.

Commonsense is lost on most Nigerians!!!
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by AmazingELixir: 12:01pm On May 04, 2020
undecided

Confused man...what was he expecting

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Sologzy(m): 12:02pm On May 04, 2020
Agungu be careful na express you dey go...

i hope this is not a bad idea, because we lagosians know ourselves.. What to do, science has failed us..
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 04, 2020
Grace001:
You ease lockdown you still dey complain that it’s not a license to flood the street.

You expect people to be sleeping while the lockdown is eased? Expect traffic gala and coke sellers etc to full the street

There is serious traffic right now at Gbagada expressway and Ojota. The problem of Lagos is over population. The landmass cannot cater for the population living in it, and yet these almajiris keep trooping into Lagos daily to make matters worse. It's sad
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Morgning: 12:03pm On May 04, 2020
The situation all over the world is getting stranger and stranger every day. Let's hope all this will end as soon as possible! We will remember these days, we are making history!
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by wink2015(m): 12:03pm On May 04, 2020
JPhilip:
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has warned that the gradual easing of the lockdown commencing in the state on Monday was not a license for all to flood the streets.

Sanwo-Olu, who gave the warning on Sunday while giving update on the management of COVID-19 in Lagos, said there would be zero tolerance against the flouting of safety directives by residents.

“The gradual easing of the lockdown which commences tomorrow is not a license for Lagosians to flood the streets. We are not going from zero to 100.

“I would caution that we still remain at home if we truly are able to continue to work remotely and away from the office. We should not be out unless it is absolutely necessary to be out.

“As I have always said, we are not in normal times, and these challenging times will very likely be with us for some time to come,” Sanwo-Olu said.

He said that the only way forward was the path of discipline and sacrifice; strict adherence to all directives and guidelines regarding personal hygiene, movement and public behaviour.

According to him, the gradual and controlled easing of the lockdown will last for six weeks, in three phases of two weeks each.

He said that the goal was to enable the state to achieve a balance between the protection of lives and the sustenance of livelihoods.

The governor said that following each phase, the Federal and State Governments would review the situation and further adjust the response.

He said that starting tomorrow, Monday, May 4, 2020, for the next two weeks, there would be a curfew across the state from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily.

According to him, all movements in and out of Lagos are prohibited, except for people carrying out essential services or transporting essential products such as agro-products, petroleum products, relief items, construction materials and registered courier services.

He said that all public servants in the entire Lagos State Public Service were to remain at home on Monday, May 4, 2020.

Sanwo-Olu said that from Tuesday, May 5, 2020, only critical staff on Grade Levels 15 and above, and who had also been specifically adjudged as critical staff by their Accounting Officers would be expected to go to work.

“Frontline workers across all levels are, however, expected to continue working.

“In the same vein, all staff of the local government and local council development area offices in the state are expected to remain at home at this time, unless directed by their LGA or LCDA chairmen.

“All open markets and stores will be allowed to operate on alternate days between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.

Markets and stores selling food items will open on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, while markets and stores selling all other items, excluding food, will open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

“Private sector companies and businesses will be permitted to operate within a limited framework.

“What this means is that any offices and businesses that choose to open are allowed to open only between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily, and must limit the number of staff on the business premises to no more than 60 per cent of full capacity at any point in time,” he said.

Sanwo-Olu encouraged companies to operate flexible systems such as combining a work-from-home policy with shifts for staff who had to be in the office.

He said that banks should offer a full complement of services to the public, manufacturing and construction companies to operate between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m, while such company that had to operate outside these hours must obtain a waiver from the Lagos State Government.

According to him, eateries and restaurants will be allowed to open between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m, but only for take-out and delivery services. No in-dining services will be permitted.

“All places of worship, formal or informal, are to remain closed from any form of assemblage or congregational services, until further notice.

“All schools, at primary, secondary and tertiary levels, remain physically closed.

“Private school proprietors and parents/guardians are encouraged to meaningful dialogue regarding the delivery of education through various online and digital channels, and very importantly, the cost implication of same.

“All recreational parks, spas, salons, public gyms, swimming pools and sporting facilities shall continue to remain closed until further notice.

“Hotels are to remain closed until further notice. However, those hotels being used by the state government to accommodate frontline medical personnel, as well as those hotels designated and being used as quarantine and isolation centres are wholly exempted from this directive.

“Any hotel that is not exempted from this directive, and is found to be open or operational will not only be sealed but will be prosecuted by the Lagos State Government,” he said.

Sanwo-Olu said that commercial/commuter operations within Lagos State shall be between the hours of 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. daily.

“This applies only to motor vehicles. All commercial motorcycle operations in Lagos State are hereby suspended until further notice.

“Tricycles operating in unrestricted areas must not carry more than two passengers per trip.

“All of the above directives and restrictions I have outlined must be underlined and accompanied by the following mandatory practices of the use of face-masks everywhere in public and strict adherence to personal hygiene practices.

“Nose and mouth must be covered when sneezing or coughing; hands must be washed or sanitised regularly; and no handshakes or hugs,” he said.

Sanwo-Olu said that the state government had launched whistleblower hotlines for full enforcement of compliance, adding that penalties and sanctions awaited anyone found contravening the directives.

”We are encouraging all Lagosians to be on the lookout for those who flout these orders and directives, and to report them to the Hotline, by calling or sending a text message to the following numbers: 09010513197 or 09010513198 or 09010513199.

“We will investigate all reports, and ensure that we take appropriate action. Penalties and sanctions will be accordingly meted out to all those found contravening the directives,” he said.

Meanwhile, while responding to questions from the media on patients getting reinfected, the Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, said that due to the nature of the virus, patients who had been discharged are advised to still observe self-isolation for 14 days, to avoid being reinfected.

“That has occurred in the past, where we had few people who turned negative and when we retest them, they turned positive for a few periods of time before they turned negative again.

“That is generally the nature of how this virus infection behaves. So, we advise them to still self isolate for the period of further 14 days when we discharged them, even though they are negative.

“They should refrain from excessive contacts with other people because we can’t keep them for a very long period of time,” Abayomi said.

https://ourcommunity.ng/sanwo-olu-lockdown-covid-19/

Lagosian with their social lifestyle.

I hope they will listen to the statement from the governor.

BIRTHDAY PARTIES, OWAMBE PARTIES ETC SHOULD BE CURTAILED TO ITS LOWEST LEVEL.
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Cantonese: 12:04pm On May 04, 2020
What did the governor expect?

Was the so called lockdown obeyed by the people or enforced by government? Why does government try to play the ostrich sometimes?

We expect people to flood the streets.
I think government simply plays politics with this corvid 19 matters. Maybe with a wider spread, some people can make plenty of money for themselves.

The simple truth is that lockdown should extend for the sake of all.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Kmartt(m): 12:05pm On May 04, 2020
fejikhu:
Money can still be made off football, even now. Visit my signature.

You own the prediction site?
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by SkyFi: 12:08pm On May 04, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by mmsen: 12:08pm On May 04, 2020
Realtord43:
When the bible said and i quote "go into the world and multiply"
it does not only mean having children

The situation of covid-19 in Lagos will skyrock rapidly when almost all Lagosians go out
Lagosians cannot observe those instructions

ONLY GOD CAN PROTECT

Only god can protect? What about those who have already died? Why were they not protected?
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Mubixclusive(m): 12:09pm On May 04, 2020
“Kano state is in trouble”, Ganduje says as COVID-19 cases rise
https://www.ngnewsbay.com/2020/05/kano-state-is-in-trouble-ganduje-says.html
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by emmarocks: 12:10pm On May 04, 2020
Medicines after death
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by MSesan: 12:15pm On May 04, 2020
Some people will not have any important thing doing out there oo
To go out just dey hungry them, meanwhile Corona is setting trap for them embarassed embarassed

Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by noisy45(m): 12:17pm On May 04, 2020
you are on your own Sanwo
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Brunicekid(m): 12:18pm On May 04, 2020
Avalancheman:
Baba, people have flooded the streets already.

But I see the figures - confirmed cases and deaths going down instead of rising as some loooonatics have been predicting... smiley

The sham lockdowns didn't work! They can't work!! kiss
You have a very solid point!!!
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Qadaffi2idiamin: 12:19pm On May 04, 2020
Stupid politicians...

What is wrong with ordering the cure from Madagascar?

Now Lagosians should not do their business.
Nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by bluefilm: 12:22pm On May 04, 2020
Look at this Lagbaja governor talking _shit.

Na wa o!
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Realtord43: 12:24pm On May 04, 2020
mmsen:

Only GOD can protect? What about those who have already died? Why were they not protected?
I mean only GOD

Hope you know every man will die someday?
you cant live forever
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 04, 2020
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Mizwisdom(f): 12:28pm On May 04, 2020
Eulalia:
Tell them. Some may not even have anywhere they're going but will still troop out just to look. Lookers conglomerates. Mtchew.

Is it everyone that is an introvert like you? some people will nearly run mad in isolation, isolation is antisocial, it's used in punishing airing prisoners, it's never a good thing to remain locked down, especially for people who aren't introverts like you

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by martowskin1(m): 12:30pm On May 04, 2020
dalass:
Okay... what do you want people to do?. To continue to stay at home while hungry abi? grin

The governor, Buhari and others like them should talk to themselves to stop gallivanting all over the world while they bring in all these viruses like the Covid-19 instead of warning legit businesses and hustlers from eating their daily bread. kiss

No body is stopping them, they can come out as thy want.... In this life, we all take responsibility for our action.

Lockdown has been eased, some will go out, some won't, its all base on ur desecration.

But what ever ur choices are, best know that there is consequences, and if u like blame the government for what ever reason best know to u.

It doesn't change the fact that the consequences is urs to bear
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by atoleybaba(m): 12:31pm On May 04, 2020
Chijeep:
this one that Tinubu is not saying anything about lockdown ease am beginning to suspect something.
could it be that all the Covid19 cases in lagos are from Tinubu?
I trust Nigerians, small time now they'll be fighting for Covid19 slot. as in, hello Sanwo olu , I have 5 slots ooo. calculate my money
just like seeking admission into university
boring....like it makes no sense

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by ARAGON22(m): 12:32pm On May 04, 2020
Eulalia:
Tell them. Some may not even have anywhere they're going but will still troop out just to look. Lookers conglomerates. Mtchew.

U no know say hunger dey the town now? Nobody wey go come out doing nothing cos everyone has come out and hustle for their daily bread... It's not easy my dear

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by PureGoldh(m): 12:33pm On May 04, 2020
Avalancheman:
Baba, people have flooded the streets already.

But I see the figures - confirmed cases and deaths going down instead of rising as some loooonatics have been predicting... smiley

The sham lockdowns didn't work! They can't work!! kiss

Bro...see eeh,you are so on point.

We should always think straight and positive...The government of dx country just dey incur fear which indirectly is good Sha...But I foresee the number of Positive and death cases reducing.

Once people take note of the precautionary measures...No shaking
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 04, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Is it everyone that is an introvert like you? some people will nearly run mad in isolation, isolation is antisocial, it's used in punishing airing prisoners, it's never a good thing to remain locked down, especially for people who aren't introverts like you

Your point exactly? Very lame.

I was simply concurring to the govt' directives and not saying people should become introverted but rather stay safe if there's no gainful venture they are going out to do and not be a street urchin like YOU!

DON'T EVER MENTION ME AGAIN!
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Prenonjebose: 12:47pm On May 04, 2020
The number of people at the various banks I drove past this morning is very high. Though many of the people have face mask on, but queuing under the sun would make many restless.
Re: Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu by Mizwisdom(f): 12:50pm On May 04, 2020
Eulalia:

Your point exactly? Very lame.

I was simply concurring to the govt' directives and not saying people should become introverted but rather stay safe if there's no gainful venture they are going out to do and not be a street urchin like YOU!

DON'T EVER MENTION ME AGAIN!

lol my point is you're an introvert who enjoys staying lock down. For some, even taking a stroll out doors releases happy hormones and reduces stress. It's healthy to go outdoors and unhealthy to remain lockdown continually

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Bola Tinubu In Niger State / EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. / Fresh Crisis Rocks Lagos APC As Faction Moves To Stop Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.