Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today (39687 Views)

Today Is Asisat Oshoala's 28th Birthday / Reims V PSG: Sergio Ramos Receives His 28th Red Card Of His Footballing Career / Ronaldo Celebrates His Girlfriend, Georgina Rodriguez's 28th Birthday (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by lalasticlala(m): 8:49am On May 04, 2020
Victor Oladipo Turns 28 Today

Kehinde Babatunde Victor Adrian Oladipo (born May 4, 1992) is a Nigerian-American professional basketball player for the Indiana Pacers of the National Basketball Association. He played college basketball for the Indiana Hoosiers, where in the 2012-2013 season he was named the Sporting News Men's College Basketball Player of the Year, the Co-NABC Defensive Player of the Year, and a first-team All-American by the USBWA and Sporting News.

That year he was also named the winner of the Adolph Rupp Trophy, given annually to the top player in men's NCAA Division I basketball.

Oladipo was drafted with the second overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft by the Orlando Magic and went on to be named to the NBA All-Rookie first team. He was traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2016, and then traded to the Pacers in 2017. He became a first-time NBA All-Star, led the league in steals, was named to the All-Defensive First Team and the All-NBA Third Team, and won the NBA Most Improved Player Award in his first season with Indiana.

Despite an injury-riddled 2018–19 season, including a season-ending injury in January 2019, Oladipo was named an Eastern Conference All-Star reserve for the second straight year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Oladipo

19 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by Officialgarri: 8:52am On May 04, 2020
The part I do not understand according to Wikipedia is, his father's name is ''Oladipo" but from sierra leone.
How come?
They don't want Yorubas to claim him in peace?

48 Likes

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by Goldencheese(m): 8:55am On May 04, 2020
Happy birthday to you Victor.
Wishing you many more awesome years ahead of you.

1 Like

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by Realtord43: 8:57am On May 04, 2020
I miss NBA
A very good player

Happy birthday

Afonja to the world
Afonja Amaka

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by pyyxxaro: 9:02am On May 04, 2020
More Elbow to your grease

7 Likes

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by Froshloaded: 9:09am On May 04, 2020
Hbd
Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by Lexusgs430: 9:27am On May 04, 2020
We don't care......

4 Likes

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by rawtouch: 9:27am On May 04, 2020
cheesy
Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by sLentlover7778(m): 9:27am On May 04, 2020
Happy birthday Oladipo.. More grace

When you are lost in the universe,
don't lose faith. My mother said,
“Your whole life's in the hand of God.”

— Jon Bellion

grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by Konji3368: 9:28am On May 04, 2020
Hbd
Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by Throwback: 9:29am On May 04, 2020
Officialgarri:
The part I do not understand according to Wikipedia is, his father's name is ''Oladipo" but from sierra leone.
How come?

If only you knew about the Sierra Leone Creoles and that majority of them are Yorubas, you wouldn't have been confused.

Even Fourah Bay with its popular Fourah Bay college is a Yoruba Muslim town.

Besides, his mum is Amanze, so he is both Igbo and Yoruba, but Nigerian through his mum.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:29am On May 04, 2020
Never heard of him

3 Likes

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by ideabuilder: 9:29am On May 04, 2020
Officialgarri:
How come?

For immigration purposes. If you know, you know

3 Likes

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by frozen70(f): 9:29am On May 04, 2020
Officialgarri:
How come?

Situations like this, the mother is a Nigeria but the father is from Sierra Leone

So the child can bear the mother's surname if its a child out of wedlock or the parents are not married
Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by Joefat: 9:29am On May 04, 2020
My man.. HBD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by YorubaKinging: 9:30am On May 04, 2020
The end is near

1 Like

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:30am On May 04, 2020
Officialgarri:
How come?

But you understand surname of Williams from Nigeria?

22 Likes

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by Roon9(m): 9:30am On May 04, 2020
Happy birthday to him
Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by 24kmagic: 9:30am On May 04, 2020
Never heard of him.

Anytime you see birthday threads on front page, just know that lalasticla is the OP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by Bar1941(m): 9:31am On May 04, 2020
Officialgarri:
How come?

That never stopped him from being a Yoruba man just like Emmanuel Adebayo being called Togolese but the fact remains he's from Ogbomosho.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by oluxy(m): 9:31am On May 04, 2020
Happy birthday dude

1 Like

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by wilsontonye: 9:31am On May 04, 2020
[quote author=Officialgarri post=89165968]The part I do not understand according to Wikipedia is, his father's name is ''Oladipo" but from sierra leone.
How come?

His dad is a Nigerian that was raised in Sierra Leone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by FRESHG(m): 9:32am On May 04, 2020
Realtord43:
I miss NBA
A very good player

Happy birthday

Afonja to the world
Afonja Amaka
HES NOT A NIGERIAN

2 Likes

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by IamDavids: 9:32am On May 04, 2020

Initials I. O

Can i get one #500

Save a soul!
Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:32am On May 04, 2020
Officialgarri:
How come?

just keep on being stupid, you've done a great job so far

3 Likes

Re: Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today by Isoduwa(m): 9:33am On May 04, 2020
Officialgarri:
How come?

Probably his father change his nationality and there is nothing anybody can do about it

If Nigerian good this kind see finish Nor go dey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aubameyang Lost His Luggage & Wore T-shirt And Cap To The Glo Caf Awards / FA Cup: Iheanacho Breaks Nigerian’s Scoring Record [see Top Ten] / Sunday Oliseh Slams Klopp: I’m Disappointed In You, Always Respect Your Opponent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.