Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS (19027 Views)

Peter Obi, Atiku Swimming In Wealth, Yet Nigerians Drown In Poverty - APC Group / 133 million Nigerians are living In Poverty - FG / Ugbaha Mohammed 'Dogo': Chief Cook Served 7 Past Nigerian Leaders, In Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by mvem(m): 1:48pm On May 04, 2020
Davash222:
Buhari and APC don finish us for this country, una dey look dem cry cry
so Nigeria problem started with Buhari. I am nonpartisan but the way some people talk you will think Nigeria was UK before 2015
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by lexy2014: 1:48pm On May 04, 2020
desiredhome:

Blame blame blame......... the criminals packing the Nigerian people's money abroad will still blame the government, the ones hiding the money inside suckaway tank will blame the government, the ones doing fake road contracts to further destroy our road will blame the
government, the ones scamming their sheeple will come and blame the government,
even those that have been shouting "it it your money"? will be blaming government.
Funny how same people sabotaging the government will still be complaining of bad government....... embarassed embarassed embarassed

How can d people sabotage what govt hasn't done? Is d govt not sabotaging itself daily?
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by winj: 1:51pm On May 04, 2020
Miniso:
Wots do u expect wen selfish dullards are ruling us.. undecided

Correction Sir or Madam: change it to "dullard Citizens" producing children they cannot afford!

Nigeria's no1 problem is not poverty it is commonsense among the citizens!

2 Likes

Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by KenModi(m): 1:53pm On May 04, 2020
Davash222:
Buhari and APC don finish us for this country, una dey look dem cry cry

Its not Buhari nor ApC nor PDP....its Nigerians.

Nigerians love to suffer; pure and simple.

If next election, we tell same people living in poverty to vote for a better, capable or credible candidate they would say no ooo! That its either PDP or APC; they would be asking you what tribe he/she is from or if he or she is Christian or Muslim......or they would simply sell their votes to the highest buyer.

Not an iota of sympathy from me. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by sonnie10: 1:53pm On May 04, 2020
And these data was obtained before the present oil crisis.
By this next year, if the conditions are the same, that figure might be child’s play.
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Noel19: 1:56pm On May 04, 2020
fergie006:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-82-9m-nigerians-living-in-poverty-says-nbs

National Bureau of Statistics got it wrong, they are trying to be economical with the truth. Sometimes in 2019, the World Poverty clock put the figure of extreme poverty at over 90million persons. A year after, with worsening economic indices, the NBS is now telling us a figure far less than what it used to be, is it possible? I sincerely believe the figure should be in the region of 130million - 145million. Since the inception of this present administration, business are closing down, workers are being laid off in large numbers, monetary policy rate has remained the same since 2015, inflation rate is at the roof top, foreign exchange rate is over #400 per dollar, multiple taxation is the order of the day. Power supply have been epileptic for most part ofthe day, roads are very bad, newly constructed ones have started failing, criminal activities is on the increase. The security situation in the North is disheartening coupled with the grandfather of all, the Covid-19 with its attendant health and economic consequences. How can someone seat in his air-conditioned exotic office in a cozy part of Abuja and tell me that only 82.9million persons are living in extreme poverty in Nigeria. When you go on the streets everything is smelling poverty and hardship, you can feel it because it is tangible.

2 Likes

Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by humilitypays(m): 1:58pm On May 04, 2020
82.9 Million x 2 is the actual figure.

Sense wee nor keel me shocked grin
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 04, 2020
I think it's more than that.
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 04, 2020
humilitypays:
82.9 Million x 2 is the actual figure.

Sense wee nor keel me shocked grin
you are correct!
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 04, 2020
winj:

Correction Sir or Madam: change it to "dullard Citizens" producing children they cannot afford!

Nigeria's no1 problem is not poverty it is commonsense among the citizens!
Yea u so right.. lack of birth control, a poor man wud give birth to 8 kids he cant care for bt the rich dat cud cater for their kids gives birth to just 3.
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by desiredhome: 2:00pm On May 04, 2020
lexy2014:

How can d people sabotage what govt hasn't done? Is d govt not sabotaging itself daily?
What are you saying? what is the difference between the people in government and those not in the government?....same selfish and greedy people...
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by humilitypays(m): 2:01pm On May 04, 2020
mvem:
so Nigeria problem started with Buhari. I am nonpartisan but the way some people talk you will think Nigeria was UK before 2015
Its not as if Nigeria was like UK before 2015, you know each President of Nigeria takes Nigeria backward by 5 years, but you see Buhari eh, he has taken Nigeria backward to 20 years.....it will take another 50 years to correct Buhari's failures and mistakes angry angry
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by wiseoneking: 2:01pm On May 04, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
Audio statistics......!

Extreme Poverty should be 90 million

Normal Poverty is around 85 million

Comfortable ones are 10 millions

Rich ones 5 Million

Stinkingly wealthy 25, 000
You make sense though
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by sonnie10: 2:01pm On May 04, 2020
Kubernetes:

I have a house,2cars,a biz with average income of #290k/month,a savs account bal of N7m...I am comfortable?

I don’t know how someone could have savings of #7M and his monthly income #290k only.
That person is a Mugu to the banks. Why do you have so much saving with but so little income?
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Vatod(m): 2:04pm On May 04, 2020
Yes, and 1m people living below poverty!
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by kunletexs: 2:07pm On May 04, 2020
So with all of this your data, what are you going to do with it?

Na so for lockdown FG claimed they have identified 11 million poorest families. Ok, send palliative to them. We dey hear condition giving. Koni dafun yin.

Just to show us say them know statistics. IDIOTS
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by lexy2014: 2:07pm On May 04, 2020
desiredhome:

What are you saying? what is the difference between the people in government and those not in the government?....same selfish and greedy people...

I didn't say anything. I only asked u two questions. So far, ur response hasn't answered d questions I asked.

Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by humilitypays(m): 2:07pm On May 04, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
Audio statistics......!

Comfortable ones are 19 million

Rich ones 1 Million

Extreme Poverty should be 130 million

Normal Poverty is around 60 million

Struggling & a bit comfortable ones are 8 million

Semi-rich ones 500 thousand

Rich ones 200 thousand

Stinkingly wealthy 4, 000

Fixed wink
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Kayouzka(m): 2:11pm On May 04, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
Audio statistics......!

Comfortable ones are 10 millions

Rich ones 5 Million

That's true that what civilization and colonization brought us, we where peacefully in our hut then came the Europeans
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by afecgivers: 2:11pm On May 04, 2020
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by omonnakoda: 2:14pm On May 04, 2020
Noel19:

National Bureau of Statistics got it wrong, they are trying to be economical with the truth. Sometimes in 2019, the World Poverty clock put the figure of extreme poverty at over 90million persons. A year after, with worsening economic indices, the NBS is now telling us a figure far less than what it used to be, is it possible? I sincerely believe the figure should be in the region of 130million - 145million. Since the inception of this present administration, business are closing down, workers are being laid off in large numbers, monetary policy rate has remained the same since 2015, inflation rate is at the roof top, foreign exchange rate is over #400 per dollar, multiple taxation is the order of the day. Power supply have been epileptic for most part ofthe day, roads are very bad, newly constructed ones have started failing, criminal activities is on the increase. The security situation in the North is disheartening coupled with the grandfather of all, the Covid-19 with its attendant health and economic consequences. How can someone seat in his air-conditioned exotic office in a cozy part of Abuja and tell me that only 82.9million persons are living in extreme poverty in Nigeria. When you go on the streets everything is smelling poverty and hardship, you can feel it because it is tangible.

Sometime NOT Sometimes
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by tayebest(m): 2:16pm On May 04, 2020
...and Buhari orders palliatives to be shared to only 3m Nigerians.

If you can survive this misery, biko, thank God for your life o!
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by humilitypays(m): 2:17pm On May 04, 2020
Kayouzka:

That's true that what civilization and colonization brought us, we where peacefully in our hut then came the Europeans
My brother lol....who knows maybe you for be in one thick forest in your village with your arrows and bows and animal skin clad on your waist chasing lions and tigers for dinner, while your dark skin Olori waits for you at the village square to welcome her champion, what a lovely life we would have been enjoying in our huts shocked shocked

Thunder will fire British people cheesy cheesy
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by omonnakoda: 2:18pm On May 04, 2020
Arrewa there is a STRONG CORRELATION between Islam and poverty.
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by kodred(m): 2:18pm On May 04, 2020
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by repent4christ: 2:22pm On May 04, 2020
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Kayouzka(m): 2:24pm On May 04, 2020
humilitypays:
My brother lol....who knows maybe you for be in one thick forest in your village with your arrows and bows and animal skin clad on your waist chasing lions and tigers for dinner, while your dark skin Olori waits for you at the village square to welcome her champion, what a lovely life we would have been enjoying in our huts shocked shocked

Thunder will fire British people cheesy cheesy

You see what else could I ask for

Beautiful jungle
Beautiful forest
No poverty
No gmo
No Corona
Peace ambiance

Today money never satisfy but brings greed

Those white people are the devils
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Noel19: 2:25pm On May 04, 2020
omonnakoda:

Sometime NOT Sometimes
Look at this pathological olodo!

So you have never come across typographical error?

This is guy is a complete epitome of "I pass through school but school no pass through me.
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On May 04, 2020
Miniso:
Yea u so right.. lack of birth control, a poor man wud give birth to 8 kids he cant care for bt the rich dat cud cater for their kids gives birth to just l3.

This is nothing to do with a LACK of birth control.
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by omonnakoda: 2:30pm On May 04, 2020
Noel19:

Look at this pathological olodo!

So you have never come across typographical error?

This is guy is a complete epitome of "I pass through school but school no pass through me.
You done vex be dat,dem no dey follow you play?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Economic Hardship: Borno State Governor Declares One-Day Fasting And Prayer / Rate The Performance Of Saraki, The Senate President So Far / Is President Buhari Right About The Nigerian Media?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.