Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade (13254 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Arsene Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade Award / Rafa's Pride At World Coach Honour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by 1025: 10:17pm On Jan 25, 2011
Hey!! i m a manchester United fan but i am of the opinion that Wenger Deserves the award.  those who are making noise here are just doing it for sentimental reasons if you look at the materials at their disposal and what he has been doing with them you will know wenger is a great Coach.
 Over the years even the Trophyless seasons of Arsenal they have always been in the top 10 in the world because they get points from getting to the advanced stage of many competitions, the team has indeed been very competitive over the years, Wenger has been consistently in the top three coach over the years with Sir alex Fergie winning it a couple of times, I think the Award is the cummulation of the points Wenger got over the years.    Congrats to Wenger

@badblood,
going by ur analysis, amodu shaibu deserves this award more than any other coach.
if i am a coach, i will stop winning trophies to get this type of award.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by badblood13(m): 11:10pm On Jan 25, 2011
1025:

@badblood,
going by your analysis, amodu shaibu deserves this award more than any other coach.
if i am a coach, i will stop winning trophies to get this type of award.

Ido not see how you can be comparing a national coach with an EPL coach. over the ast 14 years wenger has managed to stay in top four and even as we speak Arsenal is the only team still in all competition both in England and in Europe. this man with an average team has managed to effectively rotate his squad and remain competitive and there is no doubt he is one of the best coaches ever.
talking about the awrd in question over the past 10 years, many coaches has been getting the yearly award, Great sir Fergie, mourinho, Pepe Guadiola and co with Wenger alway coming close all through thses years he has gathered enough cummulative points and the sum total for the 10 years gives him the coach of the Decade, Most of the top coaches undestands this ask a coach like Mourinho he will simply congratulate WEnger even Sir Alex, the problem with most Nigerian Fans is we follow clubs based on trouphies so it is very difficult to understand how a coach who has not gotten a silverware for 5 years gets an award. not knowing that the other half of the decade he got the unbeaten record and some silverware. besides this man is a true coach considering that he uses mostly average players, his ability tro maintain a good team chemistry is outstanding. all said and done. He deserves the award.

One united. Man united for ever!!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by 1025: 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2011
then if wenger finally win the carling cup now, he will be awarded the best coach in heaven and earth abi?
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2011
@badblood why waste time with argument that wont ever take the award from wenger.if una like argue from now till december,the award has already been given and that is final.WENGER IS THE BEST AND HE DESERVES IT.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by 1025: 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2011
in a country where wenger is the best coach, then ferguson will be the worst coach. this is a mumu talk. if the best coach did not win any spoon in six yrs, then the bad or worst coaches will win everything available.
what ever happens to a coach who has won almost everything in football at club levels - mourinho?
what abt the king of england - fergie?
wenger who has never won a champions league cup the best coach in the world? no not in this world we are.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Wahala90: 11:36am On Feb 02, 2011
"Chelsea supported UEFA's financial fair-play proposals but in the morning they announced a £70 million loss and in the afternoon they buy £75m worth of players. Where's the logic in that?" Wenger said.

No wonder Mourinho rightly labeled Wenger a Viewer: he never minds his business. Wenger please concentrate on our dear club Arsenal. I am getting fed up of this trophylessness.

Sorry fellow fans I am learning to be realistic these days.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Wahala90: 11:58am On Feb 02, 2011
besides this man is a true coach considering that he uses mostly average players

to win what? I mean say wetin im use am achieve? You don't give credit without considering the results.

Sorry fellow fans but I think I am waking up.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2011
Wenger won the best coach of the decade.mind you the award has already been given so opinion here is at best academic and useless to wenger.wenger deserves what he got-the best!! He has won trophies before and as the best ever coach of the arsenal wenger will win trophies again!!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Wahala90: 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2011
With their shouts about how many titles somebody have won, their orientation is that clubs West Ham, Birmingham, Reading, Blackpool, Almeria, Borrusia Monchanglanbach and other lesser clubs in the world leagues should not exist or should not be recognized

They can be recognized. Recognition is necessary but being the best is a different thing entirely. FIFA is just trying to recognize Arsene Wenger.

Yes, recognition! Very important so that fight, jealousy and hatred no go dey! At least other coaches go tell am congrats now.

Wenger won the best coach of the decade.mind you the award has already been given so opinion here is at best academic and useless to wenger.wenger deserves what he got-the best!! He has won trophies before and as the best ever coach of the arsenal wenger will win trophies again!!

But others that have won before are still winning. Abi Fergie, Mou, Ancelotti never win before?
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Wahala90: 1:03pm On Feb 02, 2011
What this Award means is that although Wenger was never the best in each those seasons but he was consistently third best, and at his best, the second best. That is, in the last ten years, na Wenger na im hustle to be the best pass, though e no fit make am.

As a iconoclastic and result-oriented Arsenal fan, I prefer to win two UEFA CL in ten years than play all the ten finals without winning any.

If you think differently let me know.

Fellow fans make una no vex say I don dey see well now o!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch360(f): 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2011
Wenger has got what he has got!! the award is already on his shelve. all the rants in the world wont take that from him. it is sealed!! grin
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by codeb(m): 5:49pm On Feb 02, 2011
That funny award was a gift to Wengay from his brother Platini! grin grin
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by leoebhos(m): 10:21am On Feb 03, 2011
are u kidding, can they pls break it down for us on how they give these points that gave this looser the winner. I will personally do the findings on this info.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 3:44pm On Feb 03, 2011
I had some spare time on my hands and in light of the current spending spree by premiership clubs; I put together the cost of the current Arsenal first team.

Szczesny - Trainee
Sagna - £7.5 million
Djourou - Trainee
Koscielny - £8.5 million
Clichy - Undisclosed
Walcott - £5 million
Song - £1 million
Wilshere - Trainee
Fabregas - Trainee
Nasri - £12.5 million
V. Persie - £2.75 million

The total amount for players we have figures for is £37.25. There are 4 players on Arsenal’s books who joined as trainees of which nominal fees of less than £0.5 million each will have been paid for 3 of them i.e. Fabregas, Djourou and Szczesny who joined from other clubs. Wilshere started with the Arsenal so no fee applies in his case. Clichy was signed for an undisclosed amount and I’ll use a ball park figure and assume he was signed for £2.5 million in 2003. I doubt the figure will be this high considering the fact that V.Persie was signed for £2.75 million in 2004 (1 season left on his contract at Feyernoord) and Alex Song was signed for £1 million in 2006.

This brings the total value of current first team players to £41.25 million. This is £10 million less than Chelsea paid for Torres and the entire team cost only £6 million more than Andy Carroll. In fact Cristiano Ronaldo is worth 2 Arsenal first teams.

SWITCH SAYS
Simply put Wenger is a pure coach. he does not repy on ready made players to be at the top. Wenger can blend any set of players and achieve a competitive result. that is what makes a great coach. and as per winning tropgies, Wenger has done that before and i am sure he will do it again. he is one f the best in the world!!
Whichever way you look at it Wenger deserves the coach of the Decade!! Wenger is the best coach
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Wahala90: 11:37pm On Feb 03, 2011
switch47:

Simply put    Wenger is a pure coach. he does not repy on ready made players to be at the top. Wenger can blend any set of players and achieve a competitive result. that is what makes a great coach. and as per winning tropgies, Wenger has done that before and i am sure he will do it again. he is one f the best in the world!!
Whichever way you look at it Wenger deserves the coach of the Decade!! Wenger is the best coach

This is the kind of argument I usually put up to console our trophylessness. This argument would have been credible if Wenger had used these boys to win what the other coaches are winning.

But guy lets face reality. These players you mentioned (Song, Wilshere, Fabregas, Nasri, V.Persie) are good players. So why are we not using them to win. Take them elsewhere and millions will be paid on them. Wenger is using players that are are more talented than those earning millions yet he cannot win anything with them.

The truth is that Wenger is using this as an excuse because if he buys big names and loses, he will have no more excuses.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by 1025: 7:55am On Feb 05, 2011
wenger as a coach is so much afraid of competition. it is only in arsenal that you can see a coach who remains in charge after 6 trophiless yrs. which other club in the world can take that apart from arsenal?
madrid has been inviting him and knowing the implication of been a real madrid coach, he won't go.
madrid has all the money in the world to buy any player so wenger shld go and prove himself.
benitez was making noise in liverpool until the released funds for him but we all know the rest of the stories. mark hughes had all the funds in the world while managing man city but what happened?
let wenger make a move and we will easily see his qualities.
even his quality players do not stand competition when they move out of emirates. tell me any arsenal player that is doing well after moving. they are just average players but because they have no competition in the club, they seem to be the best with nothing to show for it.
no quality player settles in arsenal as he will end up trophiless.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 7:10am On Feb 09, 2011
@ TOPIC

It is written-----------Never try to win by Argument, some people are eternaly blind by Prejudice and Sentiments, well over the 10 years coaches like fergie,pep and JM wins the annual version while Wenger is always coming close in the annual version they never complain as it is FIFA recorgnised------now that the accumulated figures adds up to favour Wenger in 10 years----dont expect Dayokanu to admit -----his pride and megalomaniac king of cyber space bullies on Nairaland mentality wont ever allow him to admit----but for all the wenger lovers take solace in the fact that Ferguson, the outspoken Mourinho, Pep and all the top coaches have all congratulated and recorgnised this award---the independent myopic view and opinion of Dayokanu and his likes is inconsequential and unimportant to waste valuable time on the important opinion is the opinion of entities in the game not some faceless non entities who line in delusion of grandeur in Nairaland------Wenger wears the crown PERIOD!!
By the way the core fans of Arsenal who are actual supporters and the board have the final say on Wenger not nairaland people who knows next to nothing about the relationship between Wenger and the club

personally if i were to be a fan of stoke city for example, i will be a fan because i love the team, like its a tradition and trophies are secondary to my being a fan that is the major difference between a Nigerian fan and an English fan!!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by tkb417(m): 11:00am On Feb 10, 2011
he who argues about color with a blind man should be ready to explain till eternity why he feels everthn the blind sees is not in black

wenger is the best coach in the world over a decade

words of a slowpoke who thinks the earth is floating on river nile
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 7:16pm On Feb 10, 2011
Wenger is even the best coach in the world since creation.he is the best that will ever be !!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Mucokey(m): 7:21pm On Feb 05, 2012
BadBellyPeople'sAssociation(BBPA), Tank God no be una dey rate am, abi u tink say na 9ja wey bribing has bin a 'normal' norm.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by 1025: 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2012
is wenger still the best coach in the universe? ok, are there still arsenal fans on nairaland? hahahahaha, mourinho and fergie are busy winning trophies here and there and wenger and his fans are busy winning the best coach in the world.
if i may ask, is he the best coach that does not win anything in the last 7 years?
in fact, yakubu is the best player of our time.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by purplekayc(m): 4:22pm On Feb 21, 2012
@1025: what does that mean? Wenger is still rebuilding that team now remember he sold key players not so long ago
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by dayokanu(m): 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2012
Didnt Ferguson sell Ronaldo, Beckham, Nistelrooy, Jaap Stam, Tevez etc who are key players?

Did that stop him from winning?
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by 1025: 6:34pm On Mar 07, 2012
@1025: what does that mean? Wenger is still rebuilding that team now remember he sold key players not so long ago

@purplekayc,
how long does it take to rebuild a team? maybe for ever? every club in the world loose players and get new ones at the end of every seasom so why is wenger's case different? the year inter milan lost ibrahimovic to barca the won everything in italy as well as champion's league.
if i may ask, who told u that wenger is not loosing more players this season.
the highest thing he can do about van persie's situation is to ask him to sign a new deal before they sale him.
if he did not sale this season, the value will depreciate next season and only van persie cannot win things for ur club.
why is the club always looking for cheap players here and there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marseille Vs Arsenal - UCL (1 - 2) On 18th September 2013 / Chelsea Vs Everton (0 - 0) On 11th November 2018 / West Ham Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th December 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.