Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? (5404 Views)

Why This Car Scarce?? / 2004 LS430 Needed / Why Is Registered W202 M/benz C180 - 220 So Scarce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by LordTerix: 5:08pm On May 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Sweet! Always been a fan of the SC430. It's the predecessor of the current LC500.

These cars are solid, ride like a dream and importantly, are super reliable.

My only quarrel with the SC is its size. I'm a family man and importantly, I appreciate space.

Lots of it.
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 5:12pm On May 04, 2020
LordTerix:

This is interesting... for a car that appears super complex, I never imagined it could be easy to maintain in like manner.

Thanks again.

Don't forget, Lexus is the Aristo sugar daddy of Toyota.........

So fixing is equally as easy........ Just get competent hands.......
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 5:13pm On May 04, 2020
LordTerix:

These cars are solid, ride like a dream and importantly, are super reliable.

My only quarrel with the SC is its size. I'm a family man and importantly, I appreciate space.

Lots of it.

The LX430 is like a canoe on wheels, you have enough space to stretch those long legs............ cheesy
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by searchng4love: 5:19pm On May 04, 2020
Lexusgs430:

The LX430 is like a canoe on wheels, you have enough space to stretch those long legs............ cheesy

It's a good car though... even though a pirated S Klasse

1 Like

Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by searchng4love: 5:27pm On May 04, 2020
..... I'll share my LS pictures
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by LordTerix: 5:43pm On May 04, 2020
searchng4love:

Copying the Mercedes Benz S Klasse.

You missed the happy ending:'... and becoming well better at the end. So great it became that the S Klasse needed to relearn the art of being good again cheesy'
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by Fentanyl: 5:48pm On May 04, 2020
LordTerix:

Same engine and undoubtedly, an awesome car, the SC.

Is this for sale?

this one, no

I'm a big fan of SC430s, perhaps someday soon when pepper rest it will be added to the garage
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by Conductor261: 5:50pm On May 04, 2020
Fentanyl:

this one, no

I'm a big fan of SC430s, perhaps someday soon when pepper rest it will be added to the garage
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by Fentanyl: 5:54pm On May 04, 2020
LordTerix:
I have a special interest in cars - especially those that have a history and personality that often precede them.

Expectedly thus, the Landcruiser, the W124 chassis and the LS are naturally my all time favorites.

I've always had a W124 around me and recently, I've been thinking a lot about the LS - the 430 to be precise (the Landcruiser will be looked at in the nearest future) �

Now, my challenge is this:

1. Without a shadow of doubt, the LS is the very best sedan mankind has ever made... and the 430 represents its apex. Why then is the car super scarce on Nigerian roads?

2. Being rare, I've not had the privilege of discussing with actual owners here in Nigeria. If you own this gem (or had it in the past), I'll love to hear your experience.

3. I'm also in the market for one, subject to the outcome of my research. If you're a car dealer and have got a clean 2004-2006 (non Ultra Luxury trim), I'll love to take a look.

Let's discuss luxury, comfort and power in its purest form �

oldie but goodie!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by LordTerix: 6:27pm On May 04, 2020
Fentanyl:

this one, no

May that day come soon. These cars practically redefine the concept of (auto) mobility!
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by sultaan(m): 9:32pm On May 05, 2020
Those cars are good, but not exciting.
Most SC430 were purchased but retirees north of the speed limit in age(65ish), or stuck up housewife/ side chick

Despite the V8 they were not very exciting to drive a policeman has to be having a really bad day to give you a speeding ticket in a SC430,
The new L500 was slowest in the world's greatest dragraxe
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:54pm On May 05, 2020
sultaan:
Most SC430 were purchased but retirees north of the speed limit in age(65ish), or stuck up housewife/ side chick

Despite the V8 they were not very exciting to drive a policeman has to be having a really bad day to give you a speeding ticket in a SC430,

The SC430 isn't really a sports car; it's just a boring grand tourer. 4.3L V8 barely making 300 HP, pushing a heavy 3800 lb car. That's even heavier than my car, and my car is already pretty damn heavy.

0-60 in 5.7s. Not really meant to be driven hard, I'd say. Just a comfortable car. The LC500 is more of the same, though it looks amazing and has a really nice exhaust note. It also handles better, though, as the times require.

Lmao, Jeremy Clarkson called the SC430 the worst car in history of the world. I don't agree, but you get the gist.
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by yungboss(m): 9:55pm On May 05, 2020
sultaan:

Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by princeogbeide1(m): 1:15am On May 06, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Lexus GS430
Lexus LX430
Lexus SC430

Big brother, small brother and aristo brother....... grin

It will shock you that some IS 2003 carries 4.3l engine

Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:41am On May 06, 2020
princeogbeide1:

It will shock you that some IS 2003 carries 4.3l engine

Ah, no be you wey dey say Avalon and GS na same car? grin

No IS carries the 3UZ. That car just had an engine swap.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by princeogbeide1(m): 2:00am On May 06, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Ah, no be you wey dey say Avalon and GS na same car? grin

No IS carries the 3UZ. That car just had an engine swap.

Lol bro. Those guys didn't talk to me well so I just decided to argue blindly with them so they will have sense.
Yes.. IS carries 3UZ but lexus built some powerful IS 430 2003. It was an IS project with the 4.3l... IS 200 is the only Lexus with 4cylinder engine after Toyota Altezza was renamed to Lexus IS in 1999. Respect Bro!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:04am On May 06, 2020
princeogbeide1:

Lol bro. Those guys didn't talk to me well so I just decided to argue blindly with them so they will have sense.
Yes.. IS carries 3UZ but lexus built some powerful IS 430 2003. It was an IS project with the 4.3l... IS 200 is the only Lexus with 4cylinder engine after Toyota Altezza was renamed to Lexus IS in 1999. Respect Bro!!

Just one unit was built.
It wasn't even built by Toyota or Lexus, though Toyota did commission it. It was built by Rod Millen.
It was a concept car.

So, essentially just an engine swap like I said.
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by princeogbeide1(m): 2:17am On May 06, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Just one unit was built.
It wasn't even built by Toyota or Lexus, though Toyota did commission it. It was built by Rod Millen.
It was a concept car.

So, essentially just an engine swap like I said.

Okay well said... it was a concept car.
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by LordTerix: 6:26am On May 06, 2020
sultaan:

These cars weren't and still ARE NOT sports cars. They are luxury cruisers for folks who value comfort (and reliability) above speed and the fun factor.
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by Covidhunger20: 12:09pm On May 06, 2020
This 430 series never got built for joy racers, their engines are unbelievably too quiet.

They are meant to munch miles in luxury and class.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by chiefbuchiV12(m): 3:11pm On May 06, 2020
Nigerians want 0.5 litre 2plug fuel economy with V12 bi-turbo performance..... Op buy your LS and enjoy it jho. Money for fuel go show
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by LordTerix: 4:02pm On May 06, 2020
Covidhunger20:
This 430 series never got built for joy racers, their engines are unbelievably too quiet.

I agree. Completely.

I must also add that buying one without factoring this will end in tears grin
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by sultaan(m): 5:18pm On May 06, 2020
Covidhunger20:

You are basically describing the prayer of someone about to die.

V8 is to haul heavy load or speed

If you buying a V8 for reliability in a Sprort Coupe;/Slow Coupe

By the way what does the SC mean before I go further.

Please because it is Toyota, do not think a failed model was meant for something else.
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by Covidhunger20: 5:28pm On May 06, 2020
sultaan:

Please because it is Toyota, do not think a failed model was meant for something else.

Because they decided to call it Sport Coupe, it's very far from a sports car.

Is the soarer a car for the tracks?

On a straight line, you enjoy the push. With bends, that's another ball game.

I never bought any V8 vehicle for speed or ever attached a towbar.

It's a very heavy lump. Would you rather have a sexy leepa or orobo, to fulfil your sexual fantasies?

Choose your poison carefully grin
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by LordTerix: 6:55am On May 07, 2020
chiefbuchiV12:
Nigerians want 0.5 litre 2plug fuel economy with V12 bi-turbo performance.....
Op buy your LS and enjoy it jho. Money for fuel go show

Leave Nigerians mata for Mathias grin

Personally, me and filling stations around get personal rapport... the refills no de too bother me.

Plus, I drive only when necessary and live in a city where traffic isn't crazy.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by sultaan(m): 7:29am On May 07, 2020
Orobo any day,
If its not deep enough to drown in, it not worth diving into grin

The thing is we have to accept that Toyota fail too in their models.
They try to get into an exciting segment, but bring their boring culture with it and the model just dies a natural death.
Most can't even remember Toyota built such model .The SC430 was meant to compete with the SL, Z series,R8.
It was good, but not enough to excite the segment like the unibody design of the RX did to the luxury SUV segment
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by LordTerix: 9:33am On May 07, 2020
sultaan:

While I personally hate the SC (I'm not a coupe or convertible man), you're missing the very core and essence of a v8 to wit versatility and effortless power delivery.

While the LS and SC may have failed in the adrenaline inducing moments quad turbo v8s induce, they were super excellent in this regard and owners who knew these cars first hand never complained.

It is also worth noting that only a v8 could have ensured the bolded above: not a turbo charged 4 cylinder or a tuned v6 smiley
Re: Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:27am On May 07, 2020
LordTerix:

While I personally hate the SC (I'm not a coupe or convertible man), you're missing the very core and essence of a v8 to wit versatility and effortless power delivery.

While the LS and SC may have failed in the adrenaline inducing moments quad turbo v8s induce, they were super excellent in this regard and owners who knew these cars first hand never complained.

It is also worth noting that only a v8 could have ensured the bolded above: not a turbo charged 4 cylinder or a tuned v6 smiley

Not really. The 3UZ is just shite for spirited driving. It's meant to be a smooth engine, and that came at the expense of character. Can't compare it to an LS of the same era.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Car Tour From Lagos To Enugu (007 in Action) / Now, You've Gotten A Hybrid Car. What Next? / Nissan Almera, Golf 3 And Nissan Micra, Which Is Most Rugged For Transport Biz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.