Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) (108874 Views)

Abuja Hospital In Search Of Relatives Of An Unconscious Accident Patient (Photo) / Area Boys Demand Settlement Before Evacuation Of Suspected COVID-19 Patients / Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by cuteboy2: 9:45pm On May 04, 2020
Eulalia:
It is called improvising. grin

Improvising rubbish. They can do better than this, and it doesn't take much to get it right.

The problem with this improvised outfit is that it does not cover them completely.
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Jelzin2412(m): 9:46pm On May 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

Nigeria has designated Covid treatment centers...
Given the worldwide shortage of PPE, Nigeria prioritizes these for those centers (albeit not exclusively).

EVERY SINGLE news conference by Nigerian public health authorities admonishes private and public hospitals NOT to treat suspected Covid patients but to immediately isolate them and contact the NCDC or other appropriate authorities. And yet, many of the Covid deaths in Nigeria have been patients who were initially being treated at private hospitals or clinics, until their symptoms became unmanageable or critical.
>

Let me tell you something. I'm a Dr and I understand our peculiarities but don't you think even for the so called suspected case a Dr would have to do preliminary evaluation before deeming it so? Won't the Nurses check the patient's vital signs on entry? What if the patient has atopic condition like Asthma or other respiratory disease, won't the Dr at least take a brief history to guide him better?

It's so easy to suggest and insinuate from the outside.

I wish them all well. As for me, I'm in a place where my PPE is adequately provided and I'm more confident discharging my duties. If Nigerian HCWs are okay managing the risks, goodluck to them.

Lastly, PPE is globally scarce the reason most nations solicited and encouraged their local manufacturers to produce these PPEs thereby providing adequate protection for its ftontline workers and at same time keeping productivity a bit alive. One stone to kill 2 birds. We should do same. Cheers
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Amanda4life: 9:47pm On May 04, 2020
Hey God.

This people son finish person oooo
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Jelzin2412(m): 9:51pm On May 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

And yet even in the US there’s still critical shortages of PPE...
>

Of course there is but considering their infection rate and how stretched their health system is at the moment, don't you think they are trying? And don't you think it's shameful for Nigeria to be complaining of scarce PPE when we are just 2500 cases? We are still starting you know? What happens when the infection rate further increases?
This next 2wks is very vital in determining how Nigeria handle COVID-19 and we should be getting ready...
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Jelzin2412(m): 9:57pm On May 04, 2020
rotadeco27:

That is the mistake we are making. Who is more at risk? The people that have 1st contact with the patient and suspected the case is more at risk of exposure than the those who are on full kit of PPE having known it a suspected case.
We are shouting front line , that is why the rate of spread to health workers is increasingly alarming.
Everyone at the point of entry into the hospital ( Accident and emergency (A&E), Emergency paediatric Unit( EPU), Obstetrics and gynaecological emergency, ) should all be on Full PPE. Treat all patient as potential covid patient, if not we are all at increasing risk of infection

God bless you for this. Any healthcare worker in any facility COVID-19 designated or not is a frontline worker.
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Jelzin2412(m): 9:59pm On May 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

Except they appear to be wearing standard PPE underneath the trash bags...
>

grin grin grin na the koko
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by xpool(m): 10:05pm On May 04, 2020
Officialgarri:
The French doctors suggested that vaccines should be tested in Africa and everyone was hauling insults at them......
We are a backward race, but our politicians have us the most backward race.
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by jeromedee: 10:07pm On May 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

RIP...

But PPE is NOT a 100% guarantee against infection...
It thus should be used in combination with other precautionary measures.
>
Actually there’s nothing out there that guarantee 100% against this particular virus, because any small mistake, forget it. The stay at home measure put in place seems to be the best for now, but unfortunately it can’t work in the part of the world.
Which is why i respect health workers so much.
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 10:08pm On May 04, 2020
Jelzin2412:
Let me tell you something. I'm a Dr and I understand our peculiarities but don't you think even for the so called suspected case a Dr would have to do preliminary evaluation before deeming it so? Won't the Nurses check the patient's vital signs on entry? What if the patient has atopic condition like Asthma or other respiratory disease, won't the Dr at least take a brief history to guide him better?

It's so easy to suggest and insinuate from the outside.

I wish them all well. As for me, I'm in a place where my PPE is adequately provided and I'm more confident discharging my duties. If Nigerian HCWs are okay managing the risks, goodluck to them.

Lastly, PPE is globally scarce the reason most nations solicited and encouraged their local manufacturers to produce these PPEs thereby providing adequate protection for its ftontline workers and at same time keeping productivity a bit alive. One stone to kill 2 birds. We should do same. Cheers

ANYBODY could come into contact with Covid positive persons on a daily basis because they are so many asymptomatic carriers. Given that (unlike most other viruses) a Covid positive persons can actually transmit the virus without first (or ever) developing symptoms, you might as well suggest that the government should provide EVERYONE with PPE and that no one should leave home without donning one.

Given the reality of the worldwide scarcity of PPE, just in the same manner that you are not actually suggest that EVERY PERSON be supplied with PPE (at least, I hope you are not) but that priority be accorded to HCWs who find themselves in the “frontline” of the Covid battle, so also is Nigeria doing the same (the only substantive difference being where each set the frontline, in light of available resources).

Meanwhile, MASSIVE APPRECIATION and THANKS, as well as prayers and thoughts to all healthcare workers out there!
>
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Jelzin2412(m): 10:13pm On May 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

ANYBODY could come into contact with Covid positive persons on a daily basis because they are so many asymptomatic carriers. Given that (unlike most other viruses) a Covid positive persons can actually transmit the virus without first (or ever) developing symptoms, you might as well suggest that the government should provide EVERYONE with PPE and that no one should leave home without donning one.

Glad that you find yourself “in a place where [your] PPE is adequately provided” (no doubt after benefiting from the cheap/subsidized or even free basic medical education provided in a place that apparently cannot afford to adequately provided everyone’s PPE wink), but the reality of a relatively poor system that cannot meet all of its many overwhelming needs is to PRIORITIZE among scarce resources.

Given the reality of the worldwide scarcity of PPE, just in the same manner that you are not actually suggest that EVERY PERSON be supplied with PPE (at least, I dearly hope you are not) but that priority be accorded to healthcare workers who find themselves in the “frontline” of the Covid battle, so also is Nigeria doing the same (the only substantive difference being where each set the frontline, in light of available resources).

Meanwhile, MASSIVE APPRECIATION and THANKS, as well as prayers and thoughts to all healthcare workers out there!
>

Clearly you can state your points without speculating on how cheap I got my Education. you do not know me neither do you know where and how I got my Education, hence I suggest we don't derail outside the topic of discuss.

Lastly, it's your view, I respect it and you clearly have the best interest of the masses at heart (quite emulating), unfortunately it's easier to view things from the outside.

Cheers and goodnight

1 Like

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 10:18pm On May 04, 2020
Jelzin2412:
Clearly you can state your points without speculating on how cheap I got my Education. you do not know me neither do you know where and how I got my Education, hence I suggest we don't derail outside the topic of discuss.

Lastly, it's your view and I respect it but unfortunately it's easier to view things from the outside.

Cheers and goodnight

I had already removed that part of the comment, but apparently not fast enough...
Apologies if it was too personal (albeit you initiated that), but hopefully the substantive point was clear.

Cheers.
>
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Cousin9999: 10:44pm On May 04, 2020
Panic buying internationally has dramatically reduced the PPE available to medical personal (who need it way more). Some hospitals lacked equipment long before Chinese flu due to lack of funding, foreign sabotage, and embezzlement.

When people in "developed" nations are using the same cloth masks as any Nigerian, obviously it's not an issue exclusive to any nation. So shut up.

Save your negativity for China since those dirty animals got us in this mess.
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Bimpe29: 10:44pm On May 04, 2020
Too bad, too unfortunate.
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Antichristus: 10:51pm On May 04, 2020
Treating COVID-19 with kids' gloves? There is something called "throwing in a sickie."
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Dollabiz: 11:31pm On May 04, 2020
Ye
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by kelvinovie25(m): 11:48pm On May 04, 2020
Kenmatt:
I have always been thinking if these face masks that cover just the mouth and nose can prevent this virus completely
Lol definitely not, other part are still expose, eye Nd ear, even aside that, check this out, try not to touch your face for about 4hrs, if u can achieve that, u will understand better.
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by lanxebony(m): 11:50pm On May 04, 2020
The true story, the nurse wey only joking around asking that since they didn't provide ppe for them , is that what the management want them to wear. And someone just took the pics and post it on the internet.
Morale lesson, not everyone you call friend is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by pacespot(m): 11:59pm On May 04, 2020
Naija people, I hail o, everything na cut cut corner he go be at last, even hazmat suit can be cut with polythene bags grin

I won't be surprised if some of these suits are being hoarded by some ogas at the top in order to sell them later.
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Masterito(m): 11:59pm On May 04, 2020
Can the vaccines be tested on and your family first?
Officialgarri:
The French doctors suggested that vaccines should be tested in Africa and everyone was hauling insults at them......

1 Like

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Digmygold: 12:20am On May 05, 2020
The nurses are not adhering to the Social Distancing directive. They should be quarantined. Lol.
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Nobody: 12:54am On May 05, 2020
Officialgarri:
What's the sense in testing in Nigeria? They had the 3rd highest number of cases back then. Why not test in USA or italy who had the worst numbers worldwide? Why Africa? Why?

1 Like

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by davillian(m): 1:05am On May 05, 2020
A white lady told me she loves Nigerians because they can survive with our without the government....
That they depend on their government for virtually everything...

That Nigerians if the government doesn't provide certain things the people will provide it themselves.....

1 Like

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by Icebreaker212: 1:59am On May 05, 2020
Vacancy we are looking for someone with a graphic design and social media marketing skills. Full time job. Zoom interview on Friday the 8th of May. This is a new account so if I don’t reply you dm me on my instaa username _nancyjj (on my profile I am putting on a black bumper jacket and a white writing on it)
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 2:26am On May 05, 2020
lanxebony:
The true story, the nurse wey only joking around asking that since they didn't provide ppe for them , is that what the management want them to wear. And someone just took the pics and post it on the internet.
Morale lesson, not everyone you call friend is your friend.

Sounds likely....
>
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by KCNATH(m): 2:29am On May 05, 2020
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by ARAGON22(m): 2:32am On May 05, 2020
So many mad people in this country these days... And see d way dem dey pose for picture... Abeg Who do Nigeria dis tin

Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by rizwanali10486: 4:13am On May 05, 2020
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by InvertedHammer: 4:27am On May 05, 2020
/
That's commendable. They are thinking outside the box.

\
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by kizyalex10(m): 5:06am On May 05, 2020
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM EXCLUSIVE

SOURCE: https://politicsnigeria.com/exclusive-nigerian-nurses-wear-polythene-bags-to-treat-suspected-covid-19-patients/
these stupid government is nt even ready to release money to buy kits .how much is the kits please.they re still embezzling money anyhw with the covid 19 even as they stand the risk.even the kogi criminal said he spent 7billion on it and rain washed it away.our governent is so rotten.they will rather spend nd lavish those money on frivolities than essentials.thank God this sickness is nt for the poor only and lets see how long you will hide.time will tell
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by enemyofprogress: 6:14am On May 05, 2020
Very useless country with a very very useless government
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by CentVickBlog: 6:25am On May 05, 2020
Re: Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) by okoolori(m): 6:31am On May 05, 2020
Officialgarri:

Let's start from your family

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial / Benefits Of African Black Soap / Indonesian Teenager Impaled By Needlefish That Jumped Out Of Water (Graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.