Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths (52393 Views)

FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers / 196 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1728. 306 discharged. 51 deaths / 87 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 1182. 222 discharged. 35 deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by stabilizer: 7:26am On May 05, 2020
They have sold Nigerians out to Bill Gates, So whatever they are dropping in the north that is taking their lives should remain there please ... All in the name of Bill Gates vaccine, They are now toying with the lives of the illiterate. Thanks God I'm a westerner. No wonder house of reps were offered 10million dollar bribe to pass the vaccine bill .. Spits!
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by Royalbloodline: 7:28am On May 05, 2020
senatordave1:

My anger is that we have overtaken Ghana again.lagos still topping the charts,I don't know why Edo case is worsening.perhaps its because obaseki failed to lockdown early.

Lol. I can't help but laugh at ur comparism. U are comparing Nigeria to Ghana? shocked
And u are worried that our cases has surpassed Ghana again grin

Let me burst ur bubble a little. If Nigeria try carry out test at the capacity at which Ghana is testing, by now we won't have less than 50k reported cases.

Quote me anywhere!

Believe it or not the number of infected figure in Nigeria is already in hundreds of thousands. And several deaths are already happening in hundreds all over the country.

But our zero to nothing testing is still deceiving us!

Am sure the government knows this. However they will not do adequate testing cus, the question is where will they put all the hundreds of thousands?

Note: a good 95 percent of infected persons will be asymptomatic to slightly sick, depending on the bodies immune level.

This is where the confusion starts.

Buckle up people it's gonna be a long ride!!

One we will by God's grace live to write about, and tell our children and grandchildren the story of how we survived! Amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by datdudeAY: 7:29am On May 05, 2020
makanma:
that is my own fear too.....corona virus is not air borne....why the figures are increasing is what I don't understand..... maybe there's something really wrong with the test kits

Scoffs
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by zedman1(m): 7:34am On May 05, 2020
makanma:
you talk as if you work in the lab with them.....you what do you know about the virus?
I need to work in the lab to know about how the virus spreads? After all these months it has been ravaging the entire world you still believe Nigeria's case is different? You should be quite consoled the rate of spread isn't even as fast in Africa compared with other continents. If you had been following the news from the start you wouldn't have any need to ask that question. You don't need to work in the lab or see pictures before you know.

1 Like

Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by bryonlong50: 7:35am On May 05, 2020
[s]
LivingSage:

Your matter tire me o undecided
[/s]
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by blowjohn(m): 7:39am On May 05, 2020
senatordave1:

My anger is that we have overtaken Ghana again.lagos still topping the charts,I don't know why Edo case is worsening.perhaps its because obaseki failed to lockdown early.

Edo own dey surprise me o. Ah my friends that r there!
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by Saidfx(m): 7:42am On May 05, 2020
#MADAGASCARHERBSNOW
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by Nobody: 7:48am On May 05, 2020
zedman1:
Even at this point you're still asking such a question bro? What is really wrong with Nigerians? Some guys were happy when the virus came in, then I felt pity cos I knew they didn't know what they were wishing for. Now see the question you're asking at this stage, you still do not know anything about the virus?
U dat knows something about the virus, educate us na, an in-depth study by a university in Texas shows dat Malaria and typhoid patients have a very high tendency to test positive to CoronaVirus, so wats ur point? u guys should stop all dis grandstand and make proper use of your reception, I won't blame u guys Sha, most of us dey chop properly, so everything seems normal
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by Nobody: 7:53am On May 05, 2020
LivingSage:

Your matter tire me o undecided
Happy tiring
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by oyeb15: 7:54am On May 05, 2020
NCDC record is fake. Nigerians are very easy to deceive. How many people did they test yesterday with their faulty kits?

1 Like

Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by Investnow2017: 7:59am On May 05, 2020
u11ae1013:
Honestly I don't know what to believe again, is it pawpaw and goats testing positive or states deliberately inflating figures.

A doctor told me that if you have high fever, or typhoid, there is a high probability that your result will come out positive

Should we become carefree then?
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by simmydare82(m): 7:59am On May 05, 2020
By Wednesday this week they will come out with a figure like 1000 in a day just to justify that it was because of the unlocking the people.

May the lord help us as nation that is just my my prayer.

1 Like

Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by Jeromejnr(m): 8:09am On May 05, 2020
makanma:
that is my own fear too.....corona virus is not air borne....why the figures are increasing is what I don't understand..... maybe there's something really wrong with the test kits

Corona is short distance airborne not long distance.

Air conditioner in a room can spread it.
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by Nobody: 8:12am On May 05, 2020
datdudeAY:

Covidiota... mtcheeeeeeeew
mumu mugu
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by DECENCY3: 8:15am On May 05, 2020
We in Cross River State really thank God for helping us at this time not to record any incidence even as the number keeps soaring in other state.

Gov Ayade, we appreciate you so much for being proactive. In the early days of the virus, you immediately ordered lockdown, use of face/nose mask and closure of borders and public use of sanitizer/washing of hands. You got this right from the onset and the result is paying off.

We are grateful indeed that we are only hearing it from afar but not seeing it in our dear state.

I wish infected persons speedy recovery, RIP to the dead and condolences to their families.

1 Like

Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by Kingdelexy: 8:15am On May 05, 2020
shocked
BadRadio:
mumu mugu
senatordave1:

Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by AmTruth: 8:26am On May 05, 2020
Very much correct.

God bless you.

God bless Nigeria!!!
othermen:
It is a difficult choice between livelihood and ones life, but we must choose life, it is not an easy choice but remember job may be lost as our economy will stumble or even collapse but it will recover and the job lost will be recovered, but not the life lost. Pls stay safe, not just for you, but for your aging mother, father, uncles and all. We do not yet have the healthcare facility in place to address a partial blow-up and the more the number, the more likely for it all to crumble.

1 Like

Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by zedman1(m): 8:27am On May 05, 2020
Mrmourinho:

U dat knows something about the virus, educate us na, an in-depth study by a university in Texas shows dat Malaria and typhoid patients have a very high tendency to test positive to CoronaVirus, so wats ur point? u guys should stop all dis grandstand and make proper use of your reception, I won't blame u guys Sha, most of us dey chop properly, so everything seems normal
You guys make unnessary noise online. Ok, I agree, it's typhoid and malaria that is presently in Nigeria, Nigeria's case is different, we are resistant to the virus. Ajebo, chop your food properly in peace and stop rubbing it in our starving faces. Are you happy now?
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by AmTruth: 8:28am On May 05, 2020
Love the spirit, void of sentiment.

God bless you.

God heal the infected patients.

God bless Nigeria!!!

DECENCY3:
We in Cross River State really thank God for helping us at this time not to record any incidence even as the number keeps soaring in other state.

Gov Ayade, we appreciate you so much for being proactive. In the early days of the virus, you immediately ordered lockdown, use of face/nose mask and closure of borders and public use of sanitizer/washing of hands. You got this right from the onset and the result is paying off.

We are grateful indeed that we are only hearing it from afar but not seeing it in our dear state.

I wish infected persons speedy recovery, RIP to the dead and condolences to their families.
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by Beedude(m): 8:31am On May 05, 2020
oyeb15:
NCDC record is fake. Nigerians are very easy to deceive. How many people did they test yesterday with their faulty kits?
Kindly give us your own record. We are our own worst enemy.
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by Investnow2017: 8:41am On May 05, 2020
The lockdown has been relaxed. All those shouting or obsessed with AUDIO are now free to visit the isolation centres of their choice to see live VIDEO of the reality of this dreaded disease.

Please moderator, kindly ban all audio-obsessed members of this forum as they have no more reason to display their unhelpful and dangerous disbelief. Their loud disbelief is not helping the innocent ones who would have increased their awareness and taken necessary precautions not to be infected. Their expressed disbelief irks the sensibility of responsible and sane ones among us and pose increased danger to the public, as it makes them to become carefree and tend to teach others likewise. Please treat this as serious. It is not about freedom of expression, it is about being responsible.

If you have any doubt about the presence of this virus in our society the onus rest on you to douse your doubts by doing all that is necessary and not to be spreading your myopic and unfounded opinion which does not help any one.

The danger of being infected is that one ends up constituting danger not only to self but to innocent loved ones and to the larger society. That is why no one should by any means toy with this crisis. The disbelief of one can pose immediate danger to innocent ones who are already taking all precautions not to be infected. This is the danger.

2 Likes

Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by DECENCY3: 8:52am On May 05, 2020
AmTruth:
Love the spirit, void of sentiment.

God bless you.

God heal the infected patients.

God bless Nigeria!!!

Thanks!

This is no time for sentiment but of sober reflection and unity of purpose. May God heal our land
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by davidas101(m): 8:53am On May 05, 2020
The proportion is terrible and so scary, 2,800+ out of just 18,000+ tests.
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by SirWarlock: 9:01am On May 05, 2020
Honestly with what's happening one of my biggest concerns is how they are gonna keep testing in Lagos with people now moving up and down shocked. The only manner we could to treat this situation now is an exponential increase in testing capacity especially in these hotspots cry
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by SirWarlock: 9:01am On May 05, 2020
dammiecool:
No case in benue n crossriver
Benue had a new case today
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by Havertz(m): 9:03am On May 05, 2020
Hmmm god help us oooh
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by efihenakeno(m): 9:05am On May 05, 2020
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by juman(m): 9:08am On May 05, 2020
Corona cases in nigeria is in millions.

But many got corona and recovered without knowing they had it.
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by Benzinoooo: 9:08am On May 05, 2020
Rotjijatau:
We have to understand that Nigeria's case right now can only be salvaged by God. Nigeria cannot survive lockdown to effectively tackle the spread of this pandemic, yet coming out to look for food will be at risk of contacting the virus. Now is the time to see the consequences of electing our past and present leaders. We will all suffer it together.
U r spot-on brov
Re: 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths by Nobody: 9:08am On May 05, 2020
zedman1:
You guys make unnessary noise online. Ok, I agree, it's typhoid and malaria that is presently in Nigeria, Nigeria's case is different, we are resistant to the virus. Ajebo, chop your food properly in peace and stop rubbing it in our starving faces. Are you happy now?
Didirin who's rubbing it in ur damn face? some of u wee just sit down in ur undeserved comfort to post rubbish on nairaland, I have alotta things to say to you, but do u really deserve the energy and attention hell NO!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi visits Sheikh Guni At His Residence In Kaduna (Pictures) / Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy / Governor Wike In Tears: I Will Never Take Your Supports For Granted (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.