Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,227 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. (26237 Views)

List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year / 2018 Headies: Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, Tiwa & Simi – Artiste Of The Year Award? / Download Best Reggae Mix (classic Djkaysee) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:01am On May 05, 2020
Tpave:
I love reggae music so much because it's educative besides, that's what was on board when I was growing up in late 70s through to 80s and even 90s.

My greatest reggae artists from different reggae genres which are roots reggae, Dub, Rockers, lovers rock, Dancehall, Ragamufffin, Reggaeton etc both from Nigeria and other countries in no particular order are

Burning spear
Peter Tosh
Bob Marley
Gregory Isaacs
Eric Donaldson
UB40
Beres Hammond
Jimmy Cliff
Bunny wailers
U Roy
I Roy
Black Uhuru
Culture
Steel Pulse
Mighty Diamonds
Aswad
Yellow man
Dillinger
Musical youth
Lucky Dube
Garnet Silk
Majek Fashek
Mandators
Don Carlos
Cocoa Tea
Alpha Blondy
Shabba Ranks
Shaggy
Sean Paul
Rita Marly
Chaka Demus & the pliers
Evi Edna Ogholi
Oritz Williki

You can add yours grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w27R8SpRJHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhkNb3XXats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT9onPZ_30A
And you missed the man who was there before marley came..Toots and maytals! Well na old timers go know am..but he paved way for the likes of Bob and tosh.

2 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by andrewtosin(m): 11:01am On May 05, 2020
Lucky Dube
Buju Banton
Bob Marley

2 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by Reform9ja: 11:02am On May 05, 2020
Bob Marley

Culture

Eric Donaldson

Burning spear

Lucky Dube

1 Like

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by rabazamba: 11:02am On May 05, 2020
Goes in this order....
1. Bob Marley
2. Lucky Dube
3. Yellow man
4. Shabba ranks
5. Max Romeo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by lomprico(m): 11:03am On May 05, 2020
Majek Fashek

4 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:04am On May 05, 2020
engrchykae:
Marley was on a different echelon.he is the master.
But then I love dube,his instant change of voice to buttress his point.
Then I like Eric Donaldson
Marley was more philosophical and famous but Dube was a better singer/vocalist....his drummers and guitarist were probably better too..

9 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by timesup234: 11:04am On May 05, 2020
Peter tosh is the best reggae artists. A trillion times ahead of Bob marley who he taught how to sing

4 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by Lumig: 11:05am On May 05, 2020
grin My favorite genre of music LUCKY DUBE DON CARLOS AND GOLD ERIC DONALDSON PETER MACINTOSH etc

1 Like

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by Nobody: 11:05am On May 05, 2020
This is not debatable. Bob Marley by far. Nobody else comes close.

7 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by Nobody: 11:07am On May 05, 2020
timesup234:
Peter tosh is the best reggae artists. A trillion times ahead of Bob marley who he taught how to sing
with powerful lyrics too.. Tosh is nice abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by BushDoctor123: 11:07am On May 05, 2020
Staro:

Lucky Dube

They are dancehall artist. Dancehall is an offshoot of reggae.

Are Shaggy and Sean Paul reggae artistes ?

1 Like

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by emmy512: 11:07am On May 05, 2020
ArmaniUhuru:
Bob Marley was acknowledged as the GOAT, by my favorites are Lucky Dube and Cocoa Tea.,
we share same

2 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by Acehart: 11:08am On May 05, 2020
1. Culture
2. Peter Tosh
3. Gregory Isaacs
4. Majek Fashek
5. Third world
6. Bob Marley

3 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by Speedo17(m): 11:09am On May 05, 2020
Don Carlos

King Yellow (Yellow Man)

Culture

Blakky (Nig) where him dey sef??

Buchi (Nig)

3 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by Nobody: 11:09am On May 05, 2020
I don't classify lucky dube as a good reggae man. Very shallow music and no depth. Everything I look at for in reggae music are lacking in his songs. Marley is miles above every other reggae artist. High inspiration and depth. There are also other good ones in that regard.

4 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by Angelfrost(m): 11:10am On May 05, 2020
Bob Marley and Lucky Dube... The rest are just "musicians"!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by viktor88: 11:11am On May 05, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Marley was more philosophical and famous but Dube was a better singer/vocalist....his drummers and guitarist were probably better too..
That's why many people rate BOB very high, he made music with inferior instruments. Dube on the other hand made music with much better instruments.

3 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by Nobody: 11:11am On May 05, 2020
Damian "Junior Gong" Marley.

That's my favourite of all time. Ever heard of him? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by ruggedtimi(m): 11:12am On May 05, 2020
Damian marley
Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by ruggedtimi(m): 11:13am On May 05, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Damian "Junior Gong" Marley.

That's my favourite of all time. Ever heard of him? smiley
nail pon the cross, welcome to jamrock

2 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by illicit(m): 11:13am On May 05, 2020
Majek Fashek

1 Like

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by Seun360(m): 11:15am On May 05, 2020
Culture and Ras Kimono

2 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by EJanni(f): 11:15am On May 05, 2020
Lucky Dude!
His songs inspires me so much.

Then
Bob Marley.

1 Like

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by placeofallure(f): 11:16am On May 05, 2020
Give me my Lucky Dube anyday anytime!
He's my greatest of all time. His music is an inspiration. If you're close to me and you don't know I love Dube, then, you are not really close.

3 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by Pearlyakin(m): 11:16am On May 05, 2020
No other but Robert Nesta Marley... I see that man like a father figure cry

4 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by Jahwinaboy(m): 11:17am On May 05, 2020
Greatest Bob Marley, lucky Dube, Eric Donaldson, Shaggy, Evi Edina( obaro)

1 Like

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by watchindelta(m): 11:17am On May 05, 2020
For me played all and love all reggae

1 Like

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by joyandfaith: 11:18am On May 05, 2020
dead artists Global- Bob marley Africa- Lucky dube
Alive Global-burning spear Africa-Alpha blonde

5 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by Modaproducer(m): 11:18am On May 05, 2020
Lucky Dube with his soulful reggae vibes. cool
He was a preacher and also better than most clergy men/women I have listen to.

4 Likes

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by ibraheemlamar(m): 11:20am On May 05, 2020
Robert Nesta marley

1 Like

Re: Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. by Burgcudi(m): 11:20am On May 05, 2020
I don’t smoke weed therefore I know any

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Unity FM: Radio Station On Fire In Ebonyi (Photos) / A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? / What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.