Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC (36768 Views)

COVID-19: Despite Lockdown, Lagos, Ogun Cases Rise By 100% In 11 Days; Abuja 150 / Coronavirus: Death Toll In Africa Hits 700 As Cases Rise To 13,145 / As COVID-19 Cases Rise In FCT: Only 2 FG Isolation Centres Ready In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by PureGoldh(m): 9:36am On May 05, 2020
helinues:
Confused set of people..

What exactly are the effects of the lockdown when the cases are increasing daily?

My brother....the government of dx country just dey use Nigerians dey catch Cruise.....The lockdown wasn't effective in any way.

In my region....Almost everybody wey dey go out puts on his or her mask....All man don adjust via the preventive measures so I don't even see how the virus will spread again
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Kingstanding: 9:43am On May 05, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
If you must lockdown again , be ready to make the palliatives go round else you're just wasting your useless lockdown .
. God bless you. Nigeria government is the most useless government had ever seen. Useless and bastard leaders.
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by vanvicker(m): 9:45am On May 05, 2020
I hardly comment on posts, but I had to respond to this.

I believe there are lots of wrong in this country. COVID19 is real in fact very real, but the way our government is handling it is such a pity. The effectiveness of a lock down is to conduct massive testing, but it's so sad that in a country of over 200million population we can only conduct about 2,000 tests per day this alone has defeated the aim of the lock down. In as much as I don't support total lock down, Nigeria may result into another lock down if the figures keeps spiking. But before a new lock down is put in place if need be, then the so called NCDC should increase their testing capacity to about 10,000 per day which will lead to better containment of the epidemic, but if you want to lock us down and still keep up with your minute and useless less than 2,000 tests per day then they are bunch of Jokers.
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by kunyeo(m): 10:01am On May 05, 2020
bamidelee:

Are you educated at all?

Don't blame the poor guy, some don't place any value on their lives simply because there has been no investment whatsoever into it.
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Rapmoney(m): 10:04am On May 05, 2020
This Ihekweazu man is very senseless.
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by BBCdMC: 10:05am On May 05, 2020
[color=#006600][/color] Noted! i'm ready for more, just saying my mind. King of isolation...
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by astonished: 10:13am On May 05, 2020
Very stupid somebody, he is cashing out big time.

For those that are supporting the lockdown, pls lock yourself indoor & throw away the key, i can bet you, your & you family won't die again

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by melbergalex25: 10:28am On May 05, 2020
Confused set of idiots
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Subonbon(m): 10:39am On May 05, 2020
bamidelee:

Are you educated at all?
nna help me ask am very well..... Na covid 19 suspect
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Nobody: 10:41am On May 05, 2020
Mariangeles:

What happened when the lockdown was lifted in Ghana? Yup! Number of cases increased.

and what about here? has the number of cases not been increasing in Lagos, Ogun and fct , before lockdown easing.

I don't see dead bodies on the streets of Ghana, if you want to spend the rest of your live holed up in your crib , be my guest, its just a proof that you have nothing to offer to humanity.
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by funmijoyb(f): 11:01am On May 05, 2020
bamidelee:

Are you educated at all?
You're not
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Ernerstdavid55(m): 11:19am On May 05, 2020
;Dsee em mouth like tooth pick u better don't try dat again o
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by luluman: 11:41am On May 05, 2020
helinues:
Confused set of people..

What exactly are the effects of the lockdown when the cases are increasing daily?
Just say one good thing YOU have done for your immediate community since birth. Only to find fault in others.
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by luluman: 11:41am On May 05, 2020
funmijoyb:
No more lock down let everyone die of the virus awon eleribu
BACK TO SENDER.
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by luluman: 11:42am On May 05, 2020
NextD18:

You'll see the difference and effect one week from now.
The guy is just being dumb.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Nobody: 11:47am On May 05, 2020
Subonbon:
Pls let's help her out by calling NCDC to isolate her before she enters express.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Sultty(m): 11:48am On May 05, 2020
kolaaderin:
1m will only pay 311 people. It will. Not even go round on your street. Even distribution of such money will end up with at most 2 dollars per head N800. What will you do with that.
it will actually be close to $10/head (₦3,200) 37 million accounts with bvn
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Monday60655(m): 12:07pm On May 05, 2020
With or without lockdown, cases has been rising exponentially before nah. So, there is nothing new. FG should not use that as an avenue to lockdown again.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by suremanpatriot: 12:22pm On May 05, 2020
who is we you are referin to? were in lockdown oloshi God punish you there with fire and brimstone.Go to madagaster and drink covid organic to get sense.Chiekwero,chwkwu kpogi oku there na ncdc, oku nmo bu nkegi,oyenzuzu undecided
THANK GOD FOR MADAGASCA ORGANIC IS CURING COVID19 NAIJA PEOPLE GET THAT CURE NOW!
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by suremanpatriot: 12:43pm On May 05, 2020
nony43:
The result of May 4ths madness is from next week
ihekwazu you are not the president,you are not the one runin this country,be careful boy of wht you say against d masss b4 you unleash amagidon to your life. undecided
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Horlhamhi(f): 12:44pm On May 05, 2020
Why FG eased lockdown when reported cases are on the high is what I can't fathom.
well, this time, maybe it's going to be nationwide lockdown till further notice...#justmaybe
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by kokomilala(m): 12:52pm On May 05, 2020
They're are just equivocating on these figures.CNN exposed them.They're are cashing in on this lockdown and exploiting it to full advantage.
There are better ways of stemming this pandemic. Education and practical demonstration of government's resolve to curb it will make people toe the line.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 05, 2020
funmijoyb:

You're not
Agreed
But you're worse.
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by kolaaderin: 1:13pm On May 05, 2020
Sultty:
it will actually be close to $10/head (₦3,200) 37 million accounts with bvn
OK, I'm talking about per citizen.
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Ifeanyiwrite: 1:24pm On May 05, 2020
245 New Cases Recorded In Nigeria... We never saw this World-Pause Coming���

Source: https://fojusi.com/nigeria-records-245-fresh-cases-of-coronavirus-total-numbers-hit-2802/
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Ifeanyiwrite: 1:25pm On May 05, 2020
Ifeanyiwrite:
245 New Cases Recorded In Nigeria... We never saw this World-Pause Coming cry

Source: https://fojusi.com/nigeria-records-245-fresh-cases-of-coronavirus-total-numbers-hit-2802/
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Spicedessay(m): 1:29pm On May 05, 2020
Is it not rising already?
https://spicedessay.com/2020/05/05/covid-19-the-truth-about-the-vaccine/
What rise are they talking bout again?
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 05, 2020
Subonbon:
No mind that girl jare, she's suppose to be sucking breast come here dey disturb us with her juvenile delinquencies.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Mariangeles(f): 1:53pm On May 05, 2020
quentin06:

and what about here? has the number of cases not been increasing in Lagos, Ogun and fct , before lockdown easing.

I don't see dead bodies on the streets of Ghana, if you want to spend the rest of your live holed up in your crib , be my guest, its just a proof that you have nothing to offer to humanity.

It ain't that serious! cheesy

Believe me dude, there's more to your issues than the lockdown and everything that has to do with covid-19.
You'll be a'ight!
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Legendguru: 2:08pm On May 05, 2020
shut up ncdc i dare you to try it i have tested freedom now for 1 day its do or die
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Horlhamhi(f): 2:08pm On May 05, 2020
helinues:
Confused set of people..

well, I'll say what is being practised in Lagos and FCT isn't lockdown, cos if I'm not wrong, lockdown is the confinement of people in their houses, rooms etc, right? buh people still move about one way or the other
Believe you me, if people adhered strictly to the deep meaning of lockdown, reported cases will be at the minimal...buh this is Nigeria, Nigerians will always be Nigerians.

Just look at Kano even after the FG's order in locking down the State, they move about non-chalantly (as we heard) buh we believe they are/should be under lockdown cos FG ordered it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Maturbation Healthy? / Lagos Goes After 60,000 HIV Victims Who Abscond From Treatment - / Man Sleeping On Bare Bunk While Taking Drip In Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.