Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC (36773 Views)

COVID-19: Despite Lockdown, Lagos, Ogun Cases Rise By 100% In 11 Days; Abuja 150 / Coronavirus: Death Toll In Africa Hits 700 As Cases Rise To 13,145 / As COVID-19 Cases Rise In FCT: Only 2 FG Isolation Centres Ready In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by humbleby: 2:13pm On May 05, 2020
tonididdy:
Help me ask bro... No mass testing... Nothing. How the fck dey want those numbers to fall?
tanks brother,i like ur comment
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by RaptorX: 2:15pm On May 05, 2020
Chummynoni:
ehn ehn? they shud give each bvn holder $1m each?. did you bother to do that calculation @all??�
Don't mind him, 311 people will share the loot based on his calculation,

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Theicecode(m): 2:34pm On May 05, 2020
funmijoyb:
No more lock down let everyone die of the virus awon eleribu
Ode! you will be the one to die first

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Lush100(m): 2:36pm On May 05, 2020
sir, all you said, has no bearing if palliatives of substance are not shared to the citizens.
testing oh,
wear mask oh,
stay at home oh,
just give people palliative that can last the expected lock-down period not =N=70 bread and 100 naira worth of raw rice and beans.
Then you can announce all you want.

Kudos to the banks for managing the rush.

vanvicker:
I hardly comment on posts, but I had to respond to this.

I believe there are lots of wrong in this country. COVID19 is real in fact very real, but the way our government is handling it is such a pity. The effectiveness of a lock down is to conduct massive testing, but it's so sad that in a country of over 200million population we can only conduct about 2,000 tests per day this alone has defeated the aim of the lock down. In as much as I don't support total lock down, Nigeria may result into another lock down if the figures keeps spiking. But before a new lock down is put in place if need be, then the so called NCDC should increase their testing capacity to about 10,000 per day which will lead to better containment of the epidemic, but if you want to lock us down and still keep up with your minute and useless less than 2,000 tests per day then they are bunch of Jokers.
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by humbleby: 2:57pm On May 05, 2020
lock down or no lock down man go still die one day
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by enemyofprogress: 3:53pm On May 05, 2020
This second lockdown go be something else
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Royalbloodline: 3:59pm On May 05, 2020
vanvicker:
I hardly comment on posts, but I had to respond to this.

I believe there are lots of wrong in this country. COVID19 is real in fact very real, but the way our government is handling it is such a pity. The effectiveness of a lock down is to conduct massive testing, but it's so sad that in a country of over 200million population we can only conduct about 2,000 tests per day this alone has defeated the aim of the lock down. In as much as I don't support total lock down, Nigeria may result into another lock down if the figures keeps spiking. But before a new lock down is put in place if need be, then the so called NCDC should increase their testing capacity to about 10,000 per day which will lead to better containment of the epidemic, but if you want to lock us down and still keep up with your minute and useless less than 2,000 tests per day then they are bunch of Jokers.
You have just said the entire truth!

We are joking in this country!
U talk of lock down and u do not careybout massive testing to remove the infected and isolate them away from the populace, what then are you doing?

Plain deceit!

We are not even testing 10k daily.! That is a lie. If by now we have only done 18k+ in the whole country of 200million. It tells u of how pathetic this country is.

U tell people to stay at home, in a house of 4flats or face me I face you for example. If one individual is positive, then the whole house inhabitants gets infected. Even if they are 50people in that house!!!

Sometimes I just wonder if we just love doing things backwards in this country

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by ohlahbisi(f): 4:36pm On May 05, 2020
[i][/i]u ehn if I catch u there���
funmijoyb:
No more lock down let everyone die of the virus awon eleribu
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by prettimoi(f): 5:58pm On May 05, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. Stop talking like ignorance.
This is nigeria, my 650k deposited to zenith bank is at risk. I have mail, follow up in all social media no hope except physical contact.

You are the ignorant one here. Go and open your company and expose all your staff to the virus because of one customers paltry sum of N650k. I hope the physical contact released the money into your account and I also hope you don't trade your life for N650k.
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Mizwisdom(f): 6:05pm On May 05, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
What's fed. Govt. Waiting for, it's better you lock everything down now before it will get out of hands. Am safe in my house anyway.

You must be a hermit that don't like leaving his house. Being a hermit is not bad but not everyone can thrive well on lockdown, so you stay in your house and close your doors, leave others that thrive well outdoors to thrive.
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Luckydubby7(m): 6:16pm On May 05, 2020
prettimoi:

You are the ignorant one here. Go and open your company and expose all your staff to the virus because of one customers paltry sum of N650k. I hope the physical contact released the money into your account and I also hope you don't trade your life for N650k.
. Paltry N650k as if u have 10k in ur account.
Let good physical if u want to know me better
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by prettimoi(f): 6:31pm On May 05, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. Paltry N650k as if u have 10k in ur account.
Let good physical if u want to know me better

��
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by cpmconsultingltd: 8:07pm On May 05, 2020
watch these video for tips on how to deal with heart breaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W5a0u4Qkrg
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by nwokeaugust(m): 8:35pm On May 05, 2020
doctokwus:
Shut up.
The problem I have with this wannabe Dr Fauci and some government officials that are threatening re lockdown is this:
If the world is opening, Nigeria cannot re isolate itself
(2)The leaders that make the critical decisions have at this point in time are being faced with the painful knowledge that they simply cannot continue locking down because there is growing painful evidence that asides the severe economic consequences,the lockdown is causing other disastrous consequences that will prove difficult to tackle even after the virus is defeated.
Rather than threaten any other lockdown they should rather use that brain and energy to figure out a way in the open society.
you've said it all
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by CuteYvonne777: 8:55pm On May 05, 2020
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Rufai1314(m): 8:59pm On May 05, 2020
This is just common sense, the cases of the virus is increasing before relax the lockdown, do you expect the cases to drop. The implications of what is happening in the country today is that, people prefer to die of Covid19 than to turn arm robber before that can feed their family or to die of hunger.
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:34pm On May 05, 2020
Rubbish

It won't increase infact the end has come
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by AjoAlusi1: 2:02am On May 06, 2020
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

lol isn't it on a steady rise

[/s]
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by Coolgasman(m): 7:19am On May 06, 2020
Lazy people attacking government for relaxing lockdown, you think lockdown will eradicate this virus completely?. It can only bring about reduction in numbers of victims. I think a month is enough for that purpose to be achieved. Only a cure or a vaccine will eliminate the accruing numbers of covid 19 new cases. The world cannot afford to stand still till then. If you want to remain in your house for the rest of the year, do so. If you want to go out and hustle while taking necessary measures to stay safe. Kudos!
Re: COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC by NaijaTogether: 3:55pm On May 14, 2020
Please stay safe, all! shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Goes After 60,000 HIV Victims Who Abscond From Treatment - / Ochofie Ijimbile: Police Inspector Commits Suicide In Aba (Photos) / Little Growths Around My Neck. Pls Help! (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.