Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ; '"Do This In REMEMBRANCE Of Me". - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ; '"Do This In REMEMBRANCE Of Me". (222 Views)

Which Miracle Of Jesus Christ Do You Think Was The Greatest? / FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "The Kingdom Of God Suffers Violence..." / As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ; '"Do This In REMEMBRANCE Of Me". by Wakeupchristian: 9:30am On May 05, 2020
A woman noticed something unusual around her house and without a second look she picked a quarrel with her neighbor who was not in good relationship with her. She suspected that her neighbor had made some kind of black magic for her. Unknown to her the supposed black magic was "prepared" by little children within the neighborhood in their course of play. This woman ran inside her house and came out with a bottle containing what she called "blood" and poured it on the supposed black magic. What was that for, someone may ask?

The "blood" was meant to neutralize the effect of the "black magic". Many people are stirred by the false interpretation of Christ's message to do things that are equivalent to witchcraft. Some "Christians" act like the woman in the above scenario because they have been made to believe that everything they see around is evil. So they live in fear and perpetual bondage, yet they claim to be liberated in Christ.

The subject of the Holy Communion like many others has been misrepresented to the Church. People are now taught to use the Holy Communion as mantle for defence or as a means to receive favor. This is why it is common to see "Christians" pour the elements of the Holy Communion around their homes, offices and business places. This makes Christianity sound like voodoo and it is in the sharpest contrast to what Christ taught.

At the farewell meal with His disciples, the Son of God blessed bread and gave to the disciples and said, " Take; eat. This is my body " (Matthew 26:26). He also blessed the cup and gave to them saying, " drink you all of it, for this is my blood of the New Covenant which is shed for many for the remission of sin" (Matthew 26:27-28). What does the bread and wine Christ gave to the disciples represent? What is the meaning of Christ's words "take, eat and drink you all of it?"

The emphasis Christ laid on eating His flesh and drinking His blood should make us think. "Very truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of God and drink His blood you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life... For my flesh is real food and my blood real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him" (John 6:53-56). Jesus Christ is the incarnate of the Living Word(John 1:1, 14). This is why He said He is the living bread that came from heaven (John 6:51). Because Christ is the Word incarnate, the material bread and wine He referred to as His body and blood symbolize the word of God.

By telling His disciples to take and eat the bread, the Lord was calling on them to take in His teachings and make them become part of their lives. When He gave them the cup and said drink you all of it, He implied that the entire Word He brought should be received as it was given to man without distortions. This is not the case today. When it comes to doing what the Word says some people are very selective. They do the things that are favorable and convenient to them and throw the rest to the winds.

Notice that Christ did not say "drink part of the cup and pour part to defend yourself or to get favor". He said drink you all of it! It is in drinking all of the contents of the cup, accepting the entire message of Christ, or simply seeking first the kingdom of God, that all blessings will be given to you. When you take in all of God's word without falsifications and strive to live by it, the intense light of the Word will radiate from within you and envelope you. This Light, which denotes the presence of the Lord that can only manifest where His word is honored, will build a hedge around you which no darkness can penetrate. This is what attracts favor, protection and every other blessing to you.

After giving the disciples His flesh to eat and His blood to drink, Christ instituted a memorial of Him by saying, "do this in remembrance of me" (Luke 22:19). What are we to do in remembrance of Christ? Is it just setting tables to eat consecrated bread and wine? Obviously no.

Jesus Christ came to earth to give salvation to mankind through His Word. The Holy Communion is an ordinance that helps to ensure the fulfillment of His mission on earth. It symbolizes the need for man to take Christ's teachings to heart and make vital use of them. His broken body and the blood He shed, represented by the elements of the Holy Communion ( bread and wine) are meant to help us realize the necessity of the Salvation message He brought.

In partaking of the Holy Communion therefore, each individual should think about this necessity that made the Son of God to sacrifice His body and blood on the cross. This realization should then arouse in us a fresh determination to understand aright, and to strive to live out the message which the Lord brought with such great sacrifice. His teachings to love your neighbor as you love yourself, to love your enemies and bless those who curse you, to forgive men as you expect God to forgive you, to refrain from vengeance, to honor marriage, etc, are to be lived out without falsifications. This is the meaning of drinking all of the contents of the cup and indeed the true remembrance of Christ.

Living according to Christ's teachings is the only thing that makes for our eternal salvation, the very purpose of the Lord coming to earth. Whoever does not partake of the Lord's table in this light, partakes of it unworthily and brings judgment upon himself ( 1 Corinthians 11:29).

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT trem87715@gmail.com
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ; '"Do This In REMEMBRANCE Of Me". by omoiyamayor(m): 9:35am On May 05, 2020
Great words,help us change how people see themselves and people around them negatively
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ; '"Do This In REMEMBRANCE Of Me". by petra1(m): 12:08pm On May 05, 2020
Yes oh. The bread and the wine is for the stomach. To be consumed in faith and meditation
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ; '"Do This In REMEMBRANCE Of Me". by Wakeupchristian: 10:32am On May 06, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Releases Prophetic Declaration / Don't Skip! / Just Shine!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.