Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' (33683 Views)

Betta Edu: When Obasanjo, Yar'adua Were Presidents - TonyeBarcanista / Atiku Abubakar Arrives Yar'adua Centre In Abuja For World Press Conference. PICS / Ibrahim Yar'adua And Saratu Sodangi To Wed (Wedding IV Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Onlyonebuhari: 11:52am On May 05, 2020
Yar'Adua the best since 1999 and Jonathan the greatest criminal since 1999. No single saving from the idiot despite the surging price of crude oil.
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Urchman200: 11:58am On May 05, 2020
GGirll:

Pls say say d rubbish you want to say n leave Igbo men alone....what's d meaning of I am an Igbo man you are shouting up n down?? If care is not taken now you may find he is a delta or even a Yoruba man spewing rubbish.....make your illicit comment n smell off.
lol go through the history of my comments, I am a strong supporter of igbo right, u don't know me on this forum that is y u are sounding like that, u don't believe in igbo cause more than me ,but u see for yar'adua nothing comes in between my love for him ,one the reason I hated Jonathan government, because he relegated yar'adua policies to the background, y I use igboman, so that most people who always think that the igbos always criticise every thing north.
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Fulcrum15: 12:00pm On May 05, 2020
He was on his way of becoming a bad leader as well just like buhari courtesy his penchant for nepotism just like every other northern leaders..
Many Nigerians are short sighted and outrightly dumb and so I expect them as usual to sing his praises now that he is no more,but the fact is any right thinking person expecting salvation from a Hausa Fulani led administration is deluding him or herself.
Buhari has shown the highest incompetence of any leader dead or alive.
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Awoleesu(m): 12:06pm On May 05, 2020
Tonyfx post=89206324[b:
] He was the best president in the history of Nigeria. Was just unfortunate his reign was caught short. RIPP YAR'ADUA
As far as you know ba?
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by bergs2: 12:10pm On May 05, 2020
Uncle Yar'adua, I hope u have kept slapping our useless leaders that fell down this covid era because they failed to improve our lives.
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by GGirll: 12:10pm On May 05, 2020
Urchman200:
lol go through the history of my comments, I am a strong supporter of igbo right, u don't know me on this forum that is y u are sounding like that, u don't believe in igbo cause more than me ,but u see for yar'adua nothing comes in between my love for him ,one the reason I hated Jonathan government, because he relegated yar'adua policies to the background, y I use igboman, so that most people who always think that the igbos always criticise every thing north.

Ok I can understand but I still insist you make your opinions without such clarification cos it makes you look as though you owe anyone any explanation or you are trying hard to be heard or accepted. I am Igbo n I don't hate any tribe but will always caution any one who tries to bring Igbo down when they aren't guilty of such accusations. I can see there's a deliberate acts of trolling Igbos whether they are guilty or not n when I see such I bash such fools if I have their time. Igbos be grateful to God ALMIGHTY for making you Igbo n be very proud of your tribe no matter how some idiots tries to put you down.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by mankan2k7(m): 12:15pm On May 05, 2020
Yaradua,the best president of Nigeria of all time.

Bubu is the worst president of all time worldwide, the undisputed heavy weight champion in nepotism, corruptions, heartlessness, dullardinh-o of the universe
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by joshuanwankwo(m): 12:16pm On May 05, 2020
MondayUche1986:
Good day brothers and sisters. Please is there anyone in Uyo close to the traveling park please I want to confirm if I can get a bus going to Lagos abeg!!! Here in Eket no bus so I want to be sure they will be busses in Uyo please whoever that has a connection to contact and let me know please I want to go back to Lagos, please. But if you have any other alternative to help a brother please I want to enter Lag this week abeg

I'm not really sure of uyo itam park. can u take night from ikot ekpene/aba so let me know if i could call someone to inquire for you.
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:18pm On May 05, 2020
May your soul continue to rest in peace Yaradua. Nigerians miss you ! Yaradua was so sweet unlike the heartless tyrant that occupies aso rock now.
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by GuestLog: 12:20pm On May 05, 2020
festacman:
It unAfrican to speak evil of the dead. However, late President Umaru Yar'adua selected Goodluck Jonathan as his VP but soon after inauguration, relegated him as though he did not exist. His presidency witnessed the first use of the term CABAL in democratic era. His pretty wife Turai Yar'adua was highly influential and powerful. VP Jonathan was so irrelevant in state affairs that Chief James Ibori was the one who was consulted on Niger Delta matters. (Here lies the main reason for Jonathan's vendetta against James Ibori, which drove him into exile in Dubai from where he was extradited, by order of Dubai court, to UK his trial and imprisonment.)

Even when it was obvious that the sick President Yar'adua was on life-support machine in faraway Saudi Arabian hospital, the CABAL led by first lady Turai Yar'adua, Dahiru Mangal, Abba Ruma, and Babagana Kingibe shut out VP Jonathan from government. It took street protests from Nigerians organized by Save Nigeria Group led by Pastor Tunde Bakare, the bold speech of late amazon Mrs. Dora Akunyili at FEC meeting, even when able-bodied men lost their voice, for the Senate led by David Mark to act decisively to save Nigeria from constitutional crisis by adopting Doctrine of Necessity to empower Jonathan as acting President.

The rest of the story forms interesting part of Nigerian history.

Rest in Peace, Umaru Yar'adua!
Thank you for being unbiased in your recollection of that era. I wish you more light of understanding.
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by festacman(m): 12:24pm On May 05, 2020
GuestLog:
Thank you for being unbiased in your recollection of that era. I wish you more light of understanding.

Thanks. History is important.
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 05, 2020
References:

https://www.facebook.com/105479482835768/posts/3131249666925386/

He's modest and yet he was worth 800 million naira before he became president...WHERE DID HE GET THE MONEY FROM
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Urchman200: 12:28pm On May 05, 2020
GGirll:

Ok I can understand but I still insist you make your opinions without such clarification cos it makes you look as though you owe anyone any explanation or you are trying hard to be heard or accepted. I am Igbo n I don't hate any tribe but will always caution any one who tries to bring Igbo down when they aren't guilty of such accusations. I can see there's a deliberate acts of trolling Igbos whether they are guilty or not n when I see such I bash such fools if I have their time. Igbos be grateful to God ALMIGHTY for making you Igbo n be very proud of your tribe no matter how some idiots tries to put you down.
my brother most people understand that an average igboman always stand on the cause of justice and fairness even when he is affected ,but people will always try to be mischievous in their assesment of an igbomans stand on issues.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Warmaterial(m): 12:29pm On May 05, 2020
The only Nigerian leader better than others
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Urchman200: 12:36pm On May 05, 2020
Onlyonebuhari:
Yar'Adua the best since 1999 and Jonathan the greatest criminal since 1999. No single saving from the idiot despite the surging price of crude oil.
lets continue to wallow in self deceit, we all voted for Buhari to make a change but is unfortunate that the government that we all outed to usher in this government is nothing but a monumental failure, we all thought pdp was corrupt until this government comes in ,no tangible projects, u guys should continue to deceive ur selves but the true Nigeria knows that Buhari has failed this nation more than any leader.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by MondayUche1986(m): 12:51pm On May 05, 2020
joshuanwankwo:

I'm not really sure of uyo itam park. can u take night from ikot ekpene/aba so let me know if i could call someone to inquire for you.
I swear down and I can do anything to get Lagos like this I swear down
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by UKBobo(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2020
[quote author=Tissaia post=89206314]Yar'adua wants to unite and uplift this country but he was cut short. May his soul rest in peace.
Gej tried but the corrupt politician unite and frustrated him. Including the northern politician and the corrupt empty vessel Jagaban and his minions.

This time i said the truth, without been tribalistic we know the SW are naturally deceptive but they have respect. unlike SE arrogant and disrespectful.

and the Fulani oligarchy nko. Your mouth was quiet on that issue, yet you say you talked the truth (corruptible concept). Ode!
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by robosky02(m): 1:14pm On May 05, 2020
We will start counting another ten years

Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Chirowman(m): 1:17pm On May 05, 2020
may his soul keep resting in peace. during his days N cabal was showing yellow light when dem wan seize power now na red light
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Bahamas95(m): 1:31pm On May 05, 2020
The only Nigerian leader wey he death pain me as if na my relative die.

Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by caution001: 1:45pm On May 05, 2020
7 points agenda Man
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by SEEDORF441(m): 2:18pm On May 05, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

one question is yar adaua fulani??
why is your name Monday Osunbor??
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Onlyonebuhari: 2:46pm On May 05, 2020
Urchman200:
lets continue to wallow in self deceit, we all voted for Buhari to make a change but is unfortunate that the government that we all outed to usher in this government is nothing but a monumental failure, we all thought pdp was corrupt until this government comes in ,no tangible projects, u guys should continue to deceive ur selves but the true Nigeria knows that Buhari has failed this nation more than any leader.

Monumental failure that bailout 27 states that can't pay workers under your brother
Monumental failure that increase minimum wage
Monumental failure that employ 500000 N power
Monumental failure that increase NYSC salary
Monumental failure that has project in all the zones of the Federation despite earning lowest revenue from oil

Please point to one project that your brother that earn money from oil boom did?

People who voted for Buhari know who he is..
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by ofemigeorge(m): 3:18pm On May 05, 2020
thundafire:
Eternity
;Dthankyou
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by MiniMiniPoPoPo: 3:19pm On May 05, 2020
festacman:
It unAfrican to speak evil of the dead. However, late President Umaru Yar'adua selected Goodluck Jonathan as his VP but soon after inauguration, relegated him as though he did not exist. His presidency witnessed the first use of the term CABAL in democratic era. His pretty wife Turai Yar'adua was highly influential and powerful. VP Jonathan was so irrelevant in state affairs that Chief James Ibori was the one who was consulted on Niger Delta matters. (Here lies the main reason for Jonathan's vendetta against James Ibori, which drove him into exile in Dubai from where he was extradited, by order of Dubai court, to UK for his trial and imprisonment.)

Even when it was obvious that the sick President Yar'adua was on life-support machine in faraway Saudi Arabian hospital, the CABAL led by first lady Turai Yar'adua, Dahiru Mangal, Abba Ruma, and Babagana Kingibe shut out VP Jonathan from government. It took street protests from Nigerians organized by Save Nigeria Group led by Pastor Tunde Bakare, the bold speech of late amazon Mrs. Dora Akunyili at FEC meeting, even when able-bodied men lost their voice, for the Senate led by David Mark to act decisively to save Nigeria from constitutional crisis by adopting Doctrine of Necessity to empower Jonathan as acting President.

The rest of the story forms interesting part of Nigerian history.

Rest in Peace, Umaru Yar'adua!

see dis fake man! you no get any level sef.fake man!
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by seanjy4konji: 3:19pm On May 05, 2020
The only sane man i i know to ever become president of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Pelecius: 3:23pm On May 05, 2020
Joefat:

Please where is this lifeless bitchs hail from? undecided
My problem is they seem to be operating Sharia law in Nairaland. You can't post in their forum (just as you can't preach your religion anywhere Sharia is supreme) but they want to have equal right everywhere they go.
It's disgusting.

Do unto others what you want to be done unto you
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 05, 2020
They are trying to re-write history and are painting these dead politicians as Jesus Christ. I know these political elites think Nigerian citizens are stupid (to be fair who can blame them since Nigerians keep voting the same thieves in over and over again) but give Nigerians some credit, we were alive when these dead politicians looted this country into bankruptcy and we remember all their evil deeds.
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by MiniMiniPoPoPo: 3:26pm On May 05, 2020
Officialgarri:
No one appreciated Yaradua when he was in power.

*People said he was weak and clueless. Many said he ought to be impeached

*They said the First lady was one ruling the country in his stead

*His COS —Kingibe— planned a foiled coup

*They said Yaradua was a proceed of election rigging (obviously) and coup

*Goodluck using Madueke and a host of coup plotters tried ousting Yaradua, and wished for his death

We thank God that that same Yaradua is a hero today. But I'm sure it will take the grace of that same God for Turai to forgive y'all

shut up! always posting meaningless comments
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Pelecius: 3:28pm On May 05, 2020
Codes151:
after quoting a book meant to teach you about life and love. You type thrash
Really? Are those verses teaching life abd love?
Is that not definition of hate?

It's nice that it is a muslim who's quoting them.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by festacman(m): 3:30pm On May 05, 2020
MiniMiniPoPoPo:

see dis fake man! you no get any level sef.fake man!

see dis ignorant man! you no get any shame sef.shameless man!
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 05, 2020
Tissaia:
Yar'adua wants to unite and uplift this country but he was cut short. May his soul rest in peace.
Gej tried but the corrupt politician unite and frustrated him. Including the northern politician and the corrupt empty vessel Jagaban and his minions.

This time i said the truth, without been tribalistic we know the SW are naturally deceptive but they have respect. unlike SE arrogant and disrespectful.
God bless Nigeria
The corrupt politicians benefit from tribalism and religious fanatics. There u have it

I prefer to be arrogant and disrespectful to being deceptive. And arrogant and disrespectful one can be trusted but you can trust the deceptive one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Nasarawa (Photos, Video) / Ibikunle Amosun Visits Bola Tinubu In London / 73-year-old Woman, Two Others Arrested With 20 PVCs In Benin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.