Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm (38767 Views)

Panic In Access Bank As MD Herbert Wigwe Announces Plan To Retrench 75% Of Staff / Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers / Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Nobody: 10:43am On May 05, 2020
Tissaia:
Raising fake alarm Buhari will never do that.
The best president ever
Sai Baba his enemy and enemies of the state like I-pigs should........ I'm fasting if not
pls can you stop these fake love you HV for Buhari and face the reality.. ppl are starving... Everything has been damaged, the future has been looted from the past.. you are here blurting nonsense... Pls when are we going to change in this part of the world
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Tissaia(f): 10:44am On May 05, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
pls can you stop these fake love you HV for Buhari and face the reality.. ppl are starving... Everything has been damaged, the future has been looted from the past.. you are here blurting nonsense... Pls when are we going to change in this part of the world
Buhari is not the problem he inherited this near collapse country. Also the Global economy is in shamble
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Ayok90: 10:45am On May 05, 2020
Dogalmighty17:
What's wrong with that? Yes I understand that government scraping some agencies and merging others may lead to job losses. But let's face it, how effective has the federal civil service been anyway? Most of them are there just to collect salaries and nothing more. Deadwoods and redundant lots.
A good number of these agencies already have duplicated functions. We must remember that it was under the government of Jonathan that the Steve Orasanye panel was set up and he came out with these recommendations.
Government cannot continue to be the largest employer of labour. It exposes the society to a lot of structural shocks that could otherwise be avoidable.
In a situation where recurrent expenditure is consuming over 70% of our budget as has been the case for the past 15 years, we can't expect much development. Government does not exist just to pay salaries. The civil service across the federal and state level have not shown themselves deserving of such a large chunk of our budgets.

So who told u the saved money will be use for development, u better wise up, senate and reps consuming most of the country's revenue are left untouched, hissssssssss

Doom coun3
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by wailer1: 10:46am On May 05, 2020
Nigeria must agree it's a failed state and give it back to UK to recolonize
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Officialgarri: 10:47am On May 05, 2020
Temptee101:

Nonsense.

The cutting of cost should start of the presidency, NASS and all other channels of siphoning money by the govt.

They are always quick to implement policies detrimental to the people.

Moreover, all the monies saved so far from TSA, tax etc...how have they in any way benefited the masses?

We keep borrowing yet nothing to show for it.

We have the worst set of leaders on planet earth. An average Nigerian is wicked, greedy and heartless.
Stop to think some things for a moment.

Does the President actually have power over the senate?
Can he realistically tamper with their budget?

Have you tried to find out what happened in 2015 when Buhari said he would slash even his own salary and that of so many other top government officials?
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Nobody: 10:47am On May 05, 2020
Hisincrease:
FG has come again o
After receiving Abacha loot.

Instead of them giving reasonable palliatives to these workers that are underpaid they want to sack.

I wonder why uncle Coro is yet to visit these leaders with beastful heart.

DEM DON GIVE AM BAPTISM NOW O. NO BE LOOT AGAIN NA ASSET.

Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Ayok90: 10:48am On May 05, 2020
Temptee101:

To save which useless cost abi you meant to make more money available for politicians to loot?

Sensible comment bro
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Nobody: 10:48am On May 05, 2020
Paperwhite:
Abeg merge all the unproductive agencies of government with duplicity of responsibilities.Let save cost of governance.

Let them start with themselves first, senators reduce jumbo pay by 50%, sell of their Camry .

reduce security votes.

Leadership by example, that's what's called saving cost if governance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Nobody: 10:49am On May 05, 2020
Officialgarri:

Have you tried to find out what happened in 2015 when Buhari said he would slash even his own salary and that of so many other top government officials?

who are you trying to decieve?
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Hestilow: 10:52am On May 05, 2020
PLEASE IF YOU HAVE MANYCHAT BOT AND WANTS TO SELL PLEASE INBOX ME,I CAN BUY ANY AMOUNT AT GOOD RATE,YOU CAN RECOMMEND A DEALER FOR ME TOO
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Nobody: 10:53am On May 05, 2020
Am not a fan of Buhari, but his wickedness no reach this level pls
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Angelfrost(m): 10:53am On May 05, 2020
handsomeyinka:
Get me that Steve Oronsaye...I need to reset his brain..

He didn't say nor write anything wrong... Government ought to be treated as a business targeted at maximum productivity, enhanced profitability, minimal losses, and improved efficiency/service delivery!!!

Cutting costs of governance is what any serious leader should do as a matter of national urgency, within the first 1 year in office... There should be a balance in expenditure with a serious drift or bent towards profits.

There are so many expenditures this administration ought to have discontinued by now! The above is one of them.

If I would suggest, they should merge all redundant and moribund ministries; retire all old staff members, cut down or slash allowances to all members of the legislative arm... Do this, and you are on track to economic emancipation.

1 Like

Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Brovky(m): 10:53am On May 05, 2020
Raising fake alarm Buhari will never do that.
The best president ever
Sai Baba his enemy and enemies of the state like I-pigs should........ I'm fasting if not

Labor will just go on strike
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Yankee101: 10:54am On May 05, 2020
It's actually possible to merge and only executive level jobs will be lost.

Old staff can be moved to a bigger ministry with similar mandates

Replications of boards, executives, directors, official cars, accommodation and fallow human and material assets can be disposed of to save billions
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Nobody: 10:54am On May 05, 2020
Tissaia:
Buhari is not the problem he inherited this near collapse country. Also the Global economy is in shamble

useful idiots spotted, better go and study facts a bout the nations economy as at 2015, before bubu was sworn in, study his campaign promises to Nigerians as that time.

Its annoying when people make excuses for a bad government, it only tells me that they re part of the problem.

massive loans with nothing to show

insecurity

fall of naira from 180 to 360 (leaving covid out)

I can go on, but won't waste my data for someone who has traded reason for madness.
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by afecgivers: 10:54am On May 05, 2020
dre11:
Labour Raises The Alarm Over Fg’s Plan To Retrench Workers

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/labour-raises-the-alarm-over-fgs-plan-to-retrench-workers/

Is it today you know Nigeria government does not care about civil servants and the citizens at large. A country leaders that live larger than life thereby live her citizens to deliberately suffer in poverty.
They negate health, education, electricity, job creation etc..
The day I'm scared of is here. Because Nigerians has not been able to manage anything the right way.
Ordinary National identity card take 5-6years to access.
Startups and new ideas are not giving platforms to strive.
We never see anything, our greed, tribalism and selfishness will reduce this country to dust If deliberate precautions or actions are not taken.
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by bryonlong50: 10:55am On May 05, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

[/s]
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Temptee101(m): 10:58am On May 05, 2020
Officialgarri:

So he cannot do or influence any these to be done even as a dictator he has proven to be over the years but...

He can flout court orders as he wishes

He can get the rubber stamp senate to approve any amount he wishes to borrow even without a proper laid down procedure.

He can spend over 2 months abroad lavishing tax payers money in the guise of medical check up.

He can expressly order pythons to go and dance in the SE.

Etc...

After reading this, take a moment and ponder over them if you are being sincere with yourself.
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by COMPAQ(m): 10:59am On May 05, 2020
There is never a good time for severance!!

At any time FG brings it up, NLC will find a reason in the times why it is 'insensitive'.

Nigerian government is overstaffed. That's the reality. More money on salaries, means less for projects and development.

1 Like

Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 11:02am On May 05, 2020
imhotep:

grin grin grin
cheesy grin no be so
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by bryonlong50: 11:02am On May 05, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:
False alarm!!!!

Ministry of power was merged with works and housing, tell us how many staff lost their jobs?

If we indeed want this administration to keep cutting cost of running the Government, then we should be ready to accept to pay One minster instead of paying various ministers for similar roles

[/s]
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Nobody: 11:04am On May 05, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
cheesy grin no be so
metaphysical can start it grin grin

cc lzaa itooworwor

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Officialgarri: 11:04am On May 05, 2020
Temptee101:

So he cannot do or influence any these to be done even as a dictator he has proven to be over the years but...

He can flout court orders as he wishes

He can get the rubber stamp senate to approve any amount he wishes to borrow even without a proper laid down procedure.

He can spend over 2 months abroad lavishing tax payers money in the guise of medical check up.

He can expressly order pythons to go and dance in the SE.

Etc...

After reading this, take a moment and ponder over them if you are being sincere with yourself.

So he can put guns to the heads of senators to support the motion to slash their own salary?

The 8th assembly he tried to influence, what was the outcome? Did y'all not support the senate to impeach the President?

Introducing python dance into this discussion is just to prove where your anger is coming from. It's pointless.

You are the same set of people who have been screaming for decades about government expense, and now that someone is gradually fixing it, you are blaming him for doing the people's bidding
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 11:05am On May 05, 2020
imhotep:

metaphysical can start it grin grin

cc lzaa itooworwor
charity begins at home cheesy grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by West2019(m): 11:08am On May 05, 2020
E no concern me
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Nobody: 11:08am On May 05, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
charity begins at home cheesy grin
Gbam.

Sai Baba.

1 Like

Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 11:12am On May 05, 2020
imhotep:

Gbam.

Sai Baba.
Till 2027 cheesy grin
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Temptee101(m): 11:12am On May 05, 2020
Officialgarri:

So he can put guns to the heads of senators to support the motion to slash their own salary?

The 8th assembly he tried to influence, what was the outcome? Did y'all not support the senate to impeach the President?

Introducing python dance into this discussion is just to prove where your anger is coming from. It's pointless.

You are the same set of people who have been screaming for decades about government expense, and now that someone is gradually fixing it, you are blaming him for doing the people's bidding

So of all the points I listed, it was only the one i mentioned python dance you chose to respond to and deliberately turned a blind eye on the rest.

I rest my case on you.

Have a nice day.
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Jimmyubah2: 11:12am On May 05, 2020
It's only in Nigeria, you will see federal govt staff sitting at home and receiving salaries without going to their offices.
Useless country.

1 Like

Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Nobody: 11:15am On May 05, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Till 2027 cheesy grin
In fact, Sai baba till 3027 grin

1 Like

Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by kaludestiny10(m): 11:27am On May 05, 2020
I am recommending to FG that the ministry of humanitarian affairs and disaster management, should be scrapped and the minster in the name of Umar Sadiya Farouk, should be sacked and then jailed. Because the positive impact of that ministry is not been felt by majority of Nigerians.
Re: 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm by Printerscanner: 11:28am On May 05, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Start it in Western Nigeria first cool

Yes, we brought the First Republic to an end. We also aborted the Second Republic. When we want to move, we move, no noise, no chest beating, we take action and get down on it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wow!! See What This Pretty Slay Queen Does Just To Make A Living / IT Professionals' Salary In Nigeria? / Why Do Lawyers Wear The Wig And Gown? Here Is Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.