Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,104 members, 7,860,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

Queen Of Waka Music, Salawa Abeni Goes Spiritual As She Celebrates 59th Birthday - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Queen Of Waka Music, Salawa Abeni Goes Spiritual As She Celebrates 59th Birthday (469 Views)

Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them / Salawa Abeni Releases Her Nude Pictures To Stop Blackmailer Threatening Her / Prince Ned Nwoko Celebrates 59th Birthday Today Amidst Wide Global Commendation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Queen Of Waka Music, Salawa Abeni Goes Spiritual As She Celebrates 59th Birthday by Handsome777(m): 1:00pm On May 05, 2020
Nigeria’s queen of waka music, Salawa Abeni, has clocked 59.

Waxing spiritual on her birthday – May 5th, 2020, Abeni appreciated God’s goodness in her life amidst the current Coronavirus, COVID-19, pandemic.

Taking to her social media pages on Tuesday, she wrote a note to herself and also shared lovely photos of herself:

"Alihamidulilahi oo, modupe modupe… thanking Almighty Allah for another year. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me.

“Please rejoice with me my family. Thank you,” she wrote.

Though born in 1961 in Epe Lagos state, the popular songstress hails from ijebu-waterside in Ogun state.

She began her professional career in music when she released her debut album in 1976 tittle Late General Muritala Ramat Mohammed on Leaders records.

Her distinct kind of sound which is waka music is an Islamic influenced traditional Yoruba music style, it is much older than Juju and Fuji.

Salawa, who started a career in waka music, an Islamic-influenced traditional Yoruba music, was crowned “Queen of Waka Music” by the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi in 1992.

https://candiidonline.com/celebs/whoop-it-up-salawa-abeni-goes-spiritual-as-she-celebrates-59th-birthday/

(1) (Reply)

I Made Him A Millionaire On His Birthday — Hushpuppi / Twitter Trending Sansa And Tife Breakup Is A Lesson For All / The World Reacts As Ghanaian Actress Yaa Jackson Turns To Gospel Singer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.