Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For (41230 Views)

Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua / IBB, Shehu Yar’adua And Murtala Nyako In Mecca (Throwback Photo) / Ibrahim Yar’adua And Saratu Sodangi's Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by FelcoCom: 7:47pm On May 05, 2020
President yaradua... One of the best presidents, I like him so much!
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by ellizy(m): 7:50pm On May 05, 2020
This man death makes me think if truly God loves Nigeria... Messiah gone too soon...
Rip man
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by seedorfg(m): 7:58pm On May 05, 2020
Yar dua, the president that has the kind heart for Nigeria.

Unfortunately we have the opposite in aso rock now, senile old man with his tribalism, myopic and nepotism body odour.
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 05, 2020
Yar'adua/Jonathan combination.... The best Nigeria ever had... Nigeria misses you, Yar'adua.
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by pgmind: 8:16pm On May 05, 2020
ijustdey:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/10-things-yaradua-will-be-remembered-for.html
But I could remembered very well many of you praising and hailing Yar'ad ua today jubilated and celebrate his death...hipocracy
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by abeggnow: 8:16pm On May 05, 2020
Throwback:
I remember he was derisively called Baba Go Slow by civil servants in Abuja and Nigerians in general.

I remember he was more Democratic and civil than any president we have had since 1999 till date.

I remember he returned the local government funds of Lagos state that was seized by OBJ. Many would not remember that even Yar'Adau as Katsina state Governor, was one of a handful of governors who created new Local Development Areas like Tinubu of Lagos, as a prelude to constitutional recognition and approval as new LGAs, but all the other Governors had to back track when OBJ threatened them, except Tinubu who refused to surrender.

I remember vividly how Patience Jonathan complained that Turai Yar'Adua has directed her husband Goodluck to be reading newspapers because he wasn't mentally bright enough and could not play any useful role in the government he was Vice President.

I remember that Yar'Adua was also insular and only trusting of fellow Northern Muslims. In fact, Northern politicians complained bitterly that Yar'Adua's government was only for Katsina, Kano and Kaduna. That's because most government agencies, departments and paramilitary corps were mostly headed by those from the 3K states.

In fact, Yar'Adua regime introduced the Northern cabal vocabulary into our current 4th republic.

I remember that Yar'Adua abandoned the plan by Charles Soludo to eliminate inflationary zeros from the Naira, like Ghana had done by eliminating 1000th number places from their currency. With the 100th zero elimination planned by Soludo, N500 was to become N5, and N1000 was to become N10.

I remember Yar'Adua provided a safe haven for the corrupt and wanted James Ibori.

However, I remember Yar'Adua forced his Vice, Jonathan to also publicly declare his assets like he had done.

Yar'Adua also forced Jonathan to enter the creeks and negotiate a government proposed amnesty with the militants. Only MEND rebuffed Jonathan's entreaties, and when Jonathan became President, he remembered to pay the Okah brothers of MEND in kind with the aftermath of the October 1st bombing.

I also remember that Yar'Adua brought down the price of Petrol after OBJ had increased it some days before his own departure from government. It could have been a gimmick by the PDP regime of OBJ to make Nigerians fall in love with the Yar'Adua regime.

Turai Yar'Adua also ensured she pimped her daughters to the highest bidder, by marrying them off as 3rd wife to prominent Northern Governors and politician.

I remember that Yar'Adua abandoned the plan by Charles Soludo to eliminate inflationary zeros from the Naira like Ghana had done by eliminating 1000th number places from their currency. With the 100th zero elimination planned by Soludo, N500 was to become N5, and N1000 was to become N10. you are funny remuneration of currency has no economic value. Ghana only did it because over the years inflation had made their currency lose a lot of value. I remember 100,000 cedis could buy one orange. So they just removed four zeros and 100,000 cedis became 10 Ghana cedis.It was strictly for convenience purposes.
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by proprince(m): 8:39pm On May 05, 2020
Still one of my favourites.

He increased civil servants salary

He increased NYSC allowance.

He reduced petrol price.

This man did so well under a very short time.

He is the real MR INTEGRITY.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by joefelin2345: 8:53pm On May 05, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
grin

Hats off for a legend
A moment of silence in honour for a leader we once had, but may never 'see' again in another.

One would not have to look far to see that this enviable quality (respect for the law, peace & order as well as due process) truly rubbed off on Ex-Presido Goodluck Jonathan in his meek disposition in conceding defeat to Baba. In Nigeria where the President is usually the de-facto Chairman of INEC, a sitting president only seem to "retire" not "lose election".
But what do we have today? Osun election being declared inconclusive thru telephone call at the last minute. Imo State Governorship election being........
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by DriggityDre: 9:05pm On May 05, 2020
scoundrel:
The discussions in the Nairaland politics section at the time of his rule will prove otherwise.
Hmmm...
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by Stephenomozzy(m): 9:35pm On May 05, 2020
joefelin2345:
But what do we have today? Osun election being declared inconclusive thru telephone call at the last minute. Imo State Governorship election being........

There was a country! But now, what we have is a beer parlour government
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by eriko4life(m): 10:03pm On May 05, 2020
Nigerians lost their shot at good presidency
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by Onecutetivboi(m): 10:32pm On May 05, 2020
I'll forever remember this great man
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by YaksonFCA(m): 10:44pm On May 05, 2020
RIP Presido
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by Babaken(m): 11:35pm On May 05, 2020
blinking001:
He was a good man
Indeed a good man he just opposite of Buhari.
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by haywhy80: 11:40pm On May 05, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

that man is Katsina's finest in terms of leadership, if not for his death Obasanjo's policy would have flourished properly, Jonathan came and turned everything upside down, changed government 7 point agenda to his own transformation agenda, Buhari also came in with another set of new direction and policy summersault

One lesson I learnt about Governance from the Democracy we run is continuity on the right part brings prosperity, Lagos Governors after Tinubu had used the blueprint engineered by Tinubu's cabinet and Lagos is the lowest in terms of unemployment and poverty even with its staggering population it boasts of some of the best infrastructures

If only Yaradua never died and he fully delivered on Obasanjo's blueprint, Nigeria would have been better off

Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by PureNigerian: 11:44pm On May 05, 2020
RIP but protected Ibori the thief with his last blood
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by Anfield247(m): 12:56am On May 06, 2020
Any how, Him still better past Buhari.
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by ogbonti: 12:56am On May 06, 2020
Austino50:
The man who remembered south south people , T[b]he man who gave amnesty and choppings to the south south boz, [/b]The man who died for the south south minority tribe man to become president stress freely and many more.......may Allah forgive all his short comes and continue to grand him eternal rest

and collected their guns and ammo so that fulani herdsmen can use it to torment the south south one decade later
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by AjoAlusi1: 1:45am On May 06, 2020
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

that man is Katsina's finest in terms of leadership, if not for his death Obasanjo's policy would had flourished properly, Jonathan came and turned everything upside down, changed government 7 point agenda to his own transformation agenda, Buhari also came in with another set of new direction and policy summersault

one lesson I learnt about Governance from the Democracy we run is continuity on the right part brings prosperity , Lagos Governors after Tinubu had used the blueprint engineered by Tinubu's cabinet and Lagos is the lowest in terms of unemployment and poverty even with its stagerring population it boast of some of the best infrastructures

If only Yaradua never died and he fully delivered on Obasanjo's blueprint, Nigeria would had being better off

[/s]
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by AjoAlusi1: 1:45am On May 06, 2020
[s]
solmusdesigns:

two terms governor, and brother to General Yaradua senior , 800 million is small change to him, Yaradua senior was a business associate of Abiola

the yaradua's own stake in bank PHB, and a particular shippingline they started with Abiola which Raymond dokepsi was their MD
[/s]
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by awoluyi(m): 5:42am On May 06, 2020
I personally remember him for saying that "The election that brought him in as president was full of flaws and very ungodly."
May his soul find peace with his Creator.
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by Iyiataata92: 7:41am On May 06, 2020
Throwback:
I remember he was derisively called Baba Go Slow by civil servants in Abuja and Nigerians in general.

I remember he was more Democratic and civil than any president we have had since 1999 till date.

I remember he returned the local government funds of Lagos state that was seized by OBJ. Many would not remember that even Yar'Adau as Katsina state Governor, was one of a handful of governors who created new Local Development Areas like Tinubu of Lagos, as a prelude to constitutional recognition and approval as new LGAs, but all the other Governors had to back track when OBJ threatened them, except Tinubu who refused to surrender.

I remember vividly how Patience Jonathan complained that Turai Yar'Adua has directed her husband Goodluck to be reading newspapers because he wasn't mentally bright enough and could not play any useful role in the government he was Vice President.

I remember that Yar'Adua was also insular and only trusting of fellow Northern Muslims. In fact, Northern politicians complained bitterly that Yar'Adua's government was only for Katsina, Kano and Kaduna. That's because most government agencies, departments and paramilitary corps were mostly headed by those from the 3K states.

In fact, Yar'Adua regime introduced the Northern cabal vocabulary into our current 4th republic.

I remember that Yar'Adua abandoned the plan by Charles Soludo to eliminate inflationary zeros from the Naira, like Ghana had done by eliminating 1000th number places from their currency. With the 100th zero elimination planned by Soludo, N500 was to become N5, and N1000 was to become N10.

I remember Yar'Adua provided a safe haven for the corrupt and wanted James Ibori.

However, I remember Yar'Adua forced his Vice, Jonathan to also publicly declare his assets like he had done.

Yar'Adua also forced Jonathan to enter the creeks and negotiate a government proposed amnesty with the militants. Only MEND rebuffed Jonathan's entreaties, and when Jonathan became President, he remembered to pay the Okah brothers of MEND in kind with the aftermath of the October 1st bombing.

I also remember that Yar'Adua brought down the price of Petrol after OBJ had increased it some days before his own departure from government. It could have been a gimmick by the PDP regime of OBJ to make Nigerians fall in love with the Yar'Adua regime.

Turai Yar'Adua also ensured she pimped her daughters to the highest bidder, by marrying them off as 3rd wife to prominent Northern Governors and politician.

mr rememberer
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by truthstands01: 11:04am On May 06, 2020
And more importantly, Unity and peaceful man.
But what will Bubu be remembered for? Destruction of Nigeria.... Killings everywhere and frustration of Christians in the country. Terrible and disaster.
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by LannisterIMP: 12:05pm On May 06, 2020
If His wealth was product of shady Business and Endeavors will he declare and sign it to be opened to the whole Nation and International Community to see and Scrutinize!

Look at it again bro.

ednut1:
Lets be factual here. Where did he see 800m from. Typical of Nigerians they will paint him a saint. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/how-yaradua-was-pressurised-to-revert-refineries-sold-to-dangote-obasanjo/amp/ he also refused to resign to take care of his health. Says alot
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 06, 2020
Is hard to tell the best president Nigeria has had cos there has been none.. RIP t Yar'adua..
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by appreciate001: 3:17pm On May 06, 2020
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by Ghokes(m): 3:44pm On May 06, 2020
Throwback:

Fact
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by sevenhundred(m): 4:09pm On May 06, 2020
katheeroh:
The only Nigerian president that deserves paradise ....

The only Nigeria President in history that reduced the price of petrol.

May his soul continue to rest in perfect peace ...Aamiin.
of what benefits or reason did he reduced the pump price of petrol then? and at the same time revoked the sales of refinaries,.
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by EASTERNPOL: 5:46pm On May 06, 2020
EZIGBO MMADU ( GOOD MAN )
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by don89(m): 7:30pm On May 06, 2020
GOD BLESS HIS SOUL, THE ONLY GOOD PRESIDENT FROM THE NORTH.
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by ednut1(m): 7:37pm On May 06, 2020
LannisterIMP:
If His wealth was product of shady Business and Endeavors will he declare and sign it to be opened to the whole Nation and International Community to see and Scrutinize!

Look at it again bro.

oga mention his company's name and what they do na. They will declare 800m while they have 4 billion. His bro was yar adua so what do you expect. All shady money abeg
Re: 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For by olamariamjonez(m): 8:45pm On May 06, 2020
Gud man rip.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: S.A President Zuma Pose With Unclad Babes / Pictures of Anambra best schools / Dino Melaye And Others PDP Members Rocks Atiku Agbada (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.