Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

4 Overnight Face Masks You Can Make At Home For Healthy Skin - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 4 Overnight Face Masks You Can Make At Home For Healthy Skin (484 Views)

You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich / Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! / Healthy Skin Tips: How To Get Beautiful Skin In Just 2weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Overnight Face Masks You Can Make At Home For Healthy Skin by Opinionated: 4:31pm On May 05, 2020
Healthy, smooth, and flawless skin is something most people desire regardless of age. If your schedule doesn’t allow you to make weekly or monthly spa appointments, there are other options. There are a lot of ways to improve your skin, including through the use of daily face masks. Beauty ‘N Fashion has four face masks you can make at home to naturally brighten and invigorate your skin. Not only will your skin thank you, but they are also much more pocket-friendly than store-bought masks.

Oats and Honey Overnight Face Mask
Oats have a natural cleansing compound called saponins which means they are able to help soothe acne and remove excess sebum from the surface of the skin. Natural oats also fights dry skin and banish dead skin cells with its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich properties. Honey, on the other hand, has a diverse range of beneficial qualities for the skin. The main benefit, when applied topically, is that it works as an intense moisturizer. Honey can be used to soothe dry skin on any part of the body, not only your face. To make a mask, mix 1 tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of natural oats in a bowl. After allowing the oats to soften for at least five minutes, mash the mixture to create a smoother paste. Apply over your skin and allow it to sit overnight for healthier, moisturized skin.

Egg White Overnight Face Mask
For those looking for softer and more supple skin, an overnight egg white-based mask is an excellent option. Egg whites are packed with vitamins, especially vitamin A. This vitamin is well known to help close the pores, fight the signs of aging and tighten skin. Take a single egg white and apply it to your face evenly. Let it dry for 15 minutes before washing it off, or you can let it sit on your face overnight. When used at three times weekly, your skin will look more youthful and feel much softer.

Turmeric & Milk Overnight Face Mask
If tanning has you down, raw milk is an excellent natural remedy. It has proven effective in treating suntans without harming the skin due to the lactic acid in the milk. Turmeric is both antibacterial and antiseptic which is helpful for those who suffer from acne or other skin irritations. Turmeric also naturally works to brighten the skin and promote an even tone. All you need is 6 teaspoons of raw milk and 4 teaspoons of turmeric. Mix them to produce a thin paste and apply the mixture to your skin. Allow it to dry and leave it on overnight and wash it off in the morning for the best results. This mask should be used at least three times a week for the most noticeable results.

Tomato Overnight Face Mask
A tomato is a notable addition to any salad, and it is furthermore a cure for acne-prone skin. Tomato functions as a natural astringent which helps to battle bacteria that causes acne. The acids in the juice of this super fruit also help to brighten skin and reduce the effects of sunburn. To make this handy face mask all you need is 2 tablespoons of raw milk and a medium-sized tomato. Put the milk in a bowl and then cut the tomato in half. Liberally dip one half in the milk and apply it to your skin. Once the initial layer has dried, use the other half and apply a second layer. Allow it to dry and wash it off in the morning.

Final Thoughts From Beauty ‘N Fashion
Some masks can be a bit messy to apply, but they are great for your skin. If you suffer from allergies or have sensitive skin, it is a good idea to speak with your dermatologist before using any new forms of skincare. When you make a mask at home, you are free to use as much or as little as you like. If you find the smell overpowering, such as with the egg mask, you can wash it off after half an hour instead of wearing it overnight. However, you choose to pamper your skin, these at-home masks are sure to make a positive difference in your skin.

Source: HERE

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: 4 Overnight Face Masks You Can Make At Home For Healthy Skin by NairalandSon: 4:39pm On May 05, 2020
Actually producing any of the above is not easy.
Re: 4 Overnight Face Masks You Can Make At Home For Healthy Skin by tweasderd: 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2021
Edd mask feels disgusting... lipsrsealed
Re: 4 Overnight Face Masks You Can Make At Home For Healthy Skin by dettemanon(m): 6:52pm On Aug 22, 2021
I like to make masks myself. Several times I made a mask from olive oil and an apple. I wouldn't say I like face masks made from eggs because they smell unpleasant and stick too much to the face. The best mask I've tried is the Watermelon sleeping glow mask. It is made wonderfully and almost resembles those that I make myself. It's nice when your face smells like watermelon. A refreshing smell. Even now, I wanted to buy a watermelon and eat a slice. I think there is the same mask made of cucumber. I'll try the first and the last! Thank you for sharing the masks.

(1) (Reply)

Man Slumps, Dies While At Phone Vendor Shop In Kosofe / Nigerian Medical Association Responds To Chief Dokpesi's Question: / Drama As NCDC Refuse Carrying Corpse Of Suspected COVID-19 Person In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.