Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches (1111 Views)

Why Are There So Many False Pastors/prophet In Christianity? / Take Heed Of False Prophecies! / Why the enemy focuses so much On ridiculing "Pastors & Churches" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by davidinchrist(m): 10:26pm On May 05, 2020
First, I would like to make something clear here, I don't HATE anyone (not permitted to), including these "great" Pastors/Prophets and other common Religious Leaders of which I have stopped following. And neither am I envious or jealous of anyone: I'm not a Pastor/Prophet, and I'm NOT willing to become one "unless" I get CALLED. The main purpose of this writing is to set people free from the deception of Men: the Truth sets free.

2 Peter 2:3 NLT
In their GREED they will make up CLEVER LIES to get hold of YOUR MONEY. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will NOT be delayed.

Second, I may not go in detail so as not make this rather too long.

That said, let's take a look at some common Lies OR Unrealistic practices and believes in many churches today:

1. Your Problems and Sicknesses are MORE dangerous than your Sins:

Yes, this is not usually said verbally, but would be realized in the impressions you get from the preacher's long sermons and stories on healing and deliverance. Jesus and His apostles majored more on Repentance of Sins in order for people to ESCAPE the damnation of HELL.

For some reasons, Jesus don't heal everyone today (he did heal all at a time to fulfil the scripture, though) Matthew 8:17. Even the apostles were not always healed when they got SICK, and they didn't heal all the Sick of their time either.

If you are Sick, pray and pray, or even get the Elders to pray for you if possible. And if you are not healed immediately, ask God for light on it, but make sure to get rid of SINS, in any case.

Sickness can't send you to Hell; Sins certainly will!
2 Cor. 12:7; Gal 4:13; Philip. 2:27

2. It's not possible to stop Sinning: Just like the above, they do not say it verbally, nor necessarily show that they believe the bible says those that continue to commit Willful sins are of the DEVIL.

Why is He called Jesus?

Matthew 1:21 KJV
And she shall bring forth a Son, and thou shalt CALL HIS NAME JESUS: for he shall SAVE His people from their SINS.

The thing is, Sin is way more dangerous than all Sicknesses and Problems: for instance, the baby is sick and the dog is sick. I hope no one would want to take the dog to the hospital first!

Likewise, let's seek God to GET RID of our Sins or Wicked ways first!

3. Once you are Saved, you're always saved, you can never FALL AWAY: Yeah, I think this is getting commoner these days. Jesus said if a believer keeps looking back, he wouldn't be fit for His kingdom; also said that only those that endure till the end shall be Saved. Matthew 24:13

4. You cannot know God's will without seeing the Pastor/Prophet: God wants us to SEEK and know Him personally; not to depend completely on men.

He is a Jealous Father.

However, we can ask "scarce" Godly men and women for counsel or advice on something.

Acts 2:17 KJV
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will POUR OUT of my Spirit upon ALL flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall PROPHESY, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

5. If you are NOT rich, you're under a curse, or something must be terribly Wrong with you, because Jesus wants you to be very Healthy and Wealthy: Godliness with contentment is great gain.

God determines the financial status and every other thing in every person's life.

"The Love of Money is the root of all Evil." 1 Timothy 6:10

Ecclesiastes 10:8 KJV
... and whoso breaketh an hedge, a SERPENT shall BITE him.

6. You were Not healed because you didn't have enough faith: Sometimes, it is even the preacher's or elder's Faith that is needed here, not of the Sick person. James 5:14-15

And as said before, Jesus don't always heal everyone, sometimes he allows Sickness, Trials or Troubles to discipline and sanctify his children: like he did to Job, Paul and the likes. 2 Cor. 12:7

7. If you do not pay your Tithes, things will be Tight for you: First, in the new covenant, we are to give 100% of ourselves to God (total surrender) Luke 14:33, and to give cheerfully in general.

Many preachers will even make LONG sermons or stories on it to move people. Yet, Jesus and his apostles preached Giving not Tithing: remember the widow? Jesus said she gave more than the rich!

Mark 12:43 KJV
And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast MORE in, THAN all they which have cast into the treasury:

Jesus was talking to the Pharisees in Matthew 23:23, NOT to His disciples, as some try to use this to justify Tithing.

Therefore, IF you are a Pharisee (an Old covenant hypocrite), you MUST tithe! And don't forget to keep all the Ceremonial Laws and the likes in Deuteronomy and all that as well.

I hope you are not a Pharisee, though.

Please, let's beware of Greedy Preachers: doing business or making Money in the name of Jesus. Philip. 3:17-20; 1 Tim. 6:5-10

Give Cheerfully:
2 Corinthians 9:7 KJV
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him GIVE ; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a "cheerful giver".

Many don't even pay the tithes cheerfully, but sometimes imposed!

(See also Romans chap. 12)

8. You must be stuck with one Denomination/Church for forever, even if all they mostly have is the Traditions of Men, and don't follow what Jesus and his apostles taught in Scriptures, you should just ignore it:

The the bible says we should TURN AWAY From those with a form of godliness without the Power (to overcome Sins and live holy to do God's will). Timothy chap. 3:5

9. Believers will be Raptured before the Great tribulation: Sounds nice but the OPPOSITE is true! (See Revelation 7:13-15)

1 Thessalonians 4:17 KJV
Then we which are ALIVE and REMAIN shall be caught up together with them in the CLOUDS, to meet the Lord in the AIR: and so shall WE ever be with the Lord.

Matthew 24:22 KJV
And EXCEPT those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the ELECT'S SAKE those days shall be SHORTENED.

See the following to learn about it and some facts about the End times:
Matthew chap. 24; Mark chap. 13 and Luke chap. 21.

10. Anyone can Give or Support the Lord's work: No, unbelievers and backslidden/sinning Christians and the likes should not be allowed. 3John vs 7; Matthew 5:23-24, 6:3-4

Moreover, the person giving must have enough for his personal/family needs, and should not be in a Large Debt. Mark 7:9-13; 1 Tim.5:8 and
Matt.22:21; Rom.13:8

It's time to get Serious; Studying and Obeying the Scriptures for ourselves to overcome Deceptions.

Jesus already predicted the Arrival of FALSE PROPHETS: WOLVES IN Sheep's Clothing.

AND some that are good or honest seemed to have been BLINDED by the LOVE of Money and Popularity.

We shouldn't TRUST any Man: I mean any Great or Small MAN.

Some are not particularly evil, though: but a subtle MIXTURE.

Romans 3:4 KJV
... yea, let God be TRUE, but Every Man a LIAR; as it is written...

We should check the FRUITS, not just the Gifts: Many will be deceived by Gifts: Great SIGNS AND WONDERS... Even True Believers Might get caught out in it. Matthew 24:24

May we be WISE, so as not be victims of BLIND LEADERS OF THE BLIND.

Matthew 15:14 KJV
Let them alone: they be BLIND LEADERS of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall FALL into the DITCH. (Hell)

Matthew 24:24-25 KJV
For there shall ARISE false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew GREAT SIGNS AND WONDERS; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the VERY ELECT.

[25] Behold, I have TOLD you before.

May Jesus Bless You.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by DavidEsq(m): 10:33pm On May 05, 2020
U bloody liar! sad Number 6 is one reason God will perish u for defaming him. James 1:13 tells us God doesn't try us with evil things. Ode goan read about Job well. Discipline and sanctify kee u dia angry angry angry sad sad. What discipline or sanctification did Job receive?

1 Like

Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by davidinchrist(m): 9:25am On May 06, 2020
1 John 4:1-2 KJV
Beloved, believe NOT every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because MANY False prophets are GONE OUT into the world.

[2] Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every Spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV
All Scripture is Given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be PERFECT, throughly furnished unto all Good works.

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by davidinchrist(m): 7:33pm On May 06, 2020
Matthew 16:23-26 KJV
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

[24] Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. [25] For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

[26] For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by sholay2011(m): 8:07pm On May 06, 2020
davidinchrist:
First, I would like to make something clear here, I don't HATE anyone (not permitted to), including these "great" Pastors/Prophets and other common Religious Leaders of which I have stopped following. And neither am I envious or jealous of anyone: I'm not a Pastor/Prophet, and I'm NOT willing to become one "unless" I get CALLED. The main purpose of this writing is to set people free from the deception of Men: the Truth sets free.

That said, let's take a look at some common Lies OR Unrealistic practices and believes in many churches today:

Yes, this is not usually said verbally, but would be realized in the impressions you get from the preacher's long sermons and stories on healing and deliverance. Jesus and His apostles majored more on Repentance of Sins in order for people to ESCAPE the damnation of HELL.

For some reasons, Jesus don't heal everyone today (he did heal all at a time to fulfil the scripture, though) Matthew 8:17. Even the apostles were not always healed when they got SICK, and they didn't heal all the Sick of their time either.

If you are Sick, pray and pray, or even get the Elders to pray for you if possible. And if you are not healed immediately, ask God for light on it, but make sure to get rid of SINS, in any case.

2. It's not possible to stop Sinning: Just like the above, they do not say it verbally, nor necessarily show that they believe the bible says those that continue to commit Willful sins are of the DEVIL.

Why is He called Jesus?

And she shall bring forth a Son, and thou shalt CALL HIS NAME JESUS: for he shall SAVE His people from their SINS.

The thing is, Sin is way more dangerous than all Sicknesses and Problems: for instance, the baby is sick and the dog is sick. I hope no one would want to take the dog to the hospital first!

3. Once you are Saved, you're always saved, you can never FALL AWAY: Yeah, I think this is getting commoner these days. Jesus said if a believer keeps looking back, he wouldn't be fit for His kingdom; also said that only those that endure till the end shall be Saved. Matthew 24:13

4. You cannot know God's will without seeing the Pastor/Prophet: God wants us to SEEK and know Him personally; not to depend completely on men.

He is a Jealous Father.

However, we can ask "scarce" Godly men and women for counsel or advice on something.

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will POUR OUT of my Spirit upon ALL flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall PROPHESY, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

5. If you are NOT rich, you're under a curse, or something must be terribly Wrong with you, because Jesus wants you to be very Healthy and Wealthy: Godliness with contentment is great gain.

God determines the financial status and every other thing in every person's life.

6. You were Not healed because you didn't have enough faith: Sometimes, it is even the preacher's or elder's Faith that is needed here, not of the Sick person. James 5:14-15

And as said before, Jesus don't always heal everyone, sometimes he allows Sickness, Trials or Troubles to discipline and sanctify his children: like he did to Job, Paul and the likes. 2 Cor. 12:7

7. If you do not pay your Tithes, things will be Tight for you: First, in the new covenant, we are to give 100% of ourselves to God (total surrender) Luke 14:33, and to give cheerfully in general.

Many preachers will even make LONG sermons or stories on it to move people. Yet, Jesus and his apostles preached Giving not Tithing: remember the widow? Jesus said she gave more than the rich!

And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast MORE in, THAN all they which have cast into the treasury:

Jesus was talking to the Pharisees in Matthew 23:23, NOT to His disciples, as some try to use this to justify Tithing.

Therefore, IF you are a Pharisee (an Old covenant hypocrite), you MUST tithe! And don't forget to keep all the Ceremonial Laws and the likes in Deuteronomy and all that as well.

Please, let's beware of Greedy Preachers: doing business or making Money in the name of Jesus. Philip. 3:17-20; 1 Tim. 6:5-10

Give Cheerfully:
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him GIVE ; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a "cheerful giver".

8. You must be stuck with one Denomination/Church for forever, even if all they mostly have is the Traditions of Men, and don't follow what Jesus and his apostles taught in Scriptures, you should just ignore it:

The the bible says we should TURN AWAY From those with a form of godliness without the Power (to overcome Sins and live holy to do God's will). Timothy chap. 3:5

9. Believers will be Raptured before the Great tribulation: Sounds nice but the OPPOSITE is true!

10. Anyone can Give or Support the Lord's work: No, unbelievers and backslidden/sinning Christians are not allowed. 3John vs 7; Matthew 5:23-24, 6:3-4

Moreover, the person giving must have enough for his personal/family needs, and should not be in a Large Debt. Mark 7:9-13; 1 Tim.5:8 and

It's time to get Serious; Studying and Obeying the Scriptures for ourselves to overcome Deceptions.

Jesus already predicted the Arrival of FALSE PROPHETS: WOLVES IN Sheep's Clothing.

We shouldn't trust any Man: I mean any Great or small MAN.

... yea, let God be TRUE, but Every man a LIAR; as it is written...

We should check the FRUITS, not just the Gifts: Many will be deceived by Great SIGNS AND WONDERS... Matthew 24:24

May we be Wise, so as not be victims of BLIND LEADERS OF THE BLIND.

Let them alone: they be BLIND LEADERS of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall FALL into the DITCH. (Hell)

May Jesus Bless You.
I agree with you actually on most if not all. Hmmm...God help us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by davidinchrist(m): 10:32am On May 07, 2020
2 Peter 2:2-3 NLT

2 Many will FOLLOW their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, THE WAY of truth will be slandered.

3 In their GREED they will make up CLEVER LIES to get hold of YOUR MONEY. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will NOT be delayed.
Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by davidinchrist(m): 7:54am On May 09, 2020
1 John 4:1 KJV
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by paxonel(m): 8:16am On May 09, 2020
davidinchrist:

Jesus and His apostles majored more on Repentance of Sins in order for people to ESCAPE the damnation of HELL.
are you sure of what you are saying like this?

Because this idea you have just said is false and it is not different from what these same pastors are preaching that has plunged Christianity into the confusion that we see today
Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by Wakeupchristian: 9:06am On May 09, 2020
I am happy that the Hoy Spirit is enlightening the understanding of many.
Pease don't get discouraged by negative comments. Christ came to save mankind through His Word but many are rejecting the truth He brought yet they claim to belong to Him. Keep the fire burning for those who are willing to be heped. quote author=davidinchrist ost=89231104]First, I would like to make something clear here, I don't HATE anyone (not permitted to), including these "great" Pastors/Prophets and other common Religious Leaders of which I have stopped following. And neither am I envious or jealous of anyone: I'm not a Pastor/Prophet, and I'm NOT willing to become one "unless" I get CALLED. The main purpose of this writing is to set people free from the deception of Men: the Truth sets free.

In their GREED they will make up CLEVER LIES to get hold of YOUR MONEY. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will NOT be delayed.

Why is He called Jesus?

He is a Jealous Father.

Give Cheerfully:

9. Believers will be Raptured before the Great tribulation: Sounds nice but the OPPOSITE is true! (See Revelation 7:13-15)

Then we which are ALIVE and REMAIN shall be caught up together with them in the CLOUDS, to meet the Lord in the AIR: and so shall WE ever be with the Lord.

And EXCEPT those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the ELECT'S SAKE those days shall be SHORTENED.

10. Anyone can Give or Support the Lord's work: No, unbelievers and backslidden/sinning Christians and the likes should not be allowed. 3John vs 7; Matthew 5:23-24, 6:3-4

AND some that are good or honest seemed to have been BLINDED by the LOVE of Money and Popularity.

We should check the FRUITS, not just the Gifts: Many will be deceived by Gifts: Great SIGNS AND WONDERS... Even True Believers Might get caught out in it. Matthew 24:24

For there shall ARISE false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew GREAT SIGNS AND WONDERS; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the VERY ELECT.

May Jesus Bless You.[/quote]
Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by Wakeupchristian: 9:12am On May 09, 2020
[I am happy that the Hoy Spirit is enlightening the understanding of many. Please dont get discouraged by negative comments. Christ came to save mankind through His Word but many are rejecting the truth He brought yet they claim to belong to Him. Keep the fire burning for those who are willing to be helped
quote author=davidinchrist post=89231104]First, I would like to make something clear here, I don't HATE anyone (not permitted to), including these "great" Pastors/Prophets and other common Religious Leaders of which I have stopped following. And neither am I envious or jealous of anyone: I'm not a Pastor/Prophet, and I'm NOT willing to become one "unless" I get CALLED. The main purpose of this writing is to set people free from the deception of Men: the Truth sets free.

Why is He called Jesus?

He is a Jealous Father.

Give Cheerfully:

May Jesus Bless You.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by davidinchrist(m): 7:12pm On May 09, 2020
paxonel:
are you sure of what you are saying like this?

Because this idea you have just said is false and it is not different from what these same pastors are preaching that has plunged Christianity into the confusion that we see today

Hmm. Take a look at the following, IF you don't mind:

Matthew 23:33 KJV
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of Hell?

Matthew 18:9 KJV
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into HELL FIRE.

28 “I tell you the truth, all sin and blasphemy can be forgiven,
Mark 3:28 Nlt

29 but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences.”
Mark 3:29 Nlt
Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by davidinchrist(m): 7:19pm On May 09, 2020
Wakeupchristian

Yeah, thanks a lot. Insults, oppositions and the likes are in inevitable; we just need to fix our eyes on Jesus as we endure till the end.

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by paxonel(m): 7:32pm On May 09, 2020
davidinchrist:

Hmm. Take a look at the following, IF you don't mind:

Matthew 23:33 KJV
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of Hell?

Matthew 18:9 KJV
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into HELL FIRE.

28 “I tell you the truth, all sin and blasphemy can be forgiven,
Mark 3:28 Nlt

29 but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences.”
Mark 3:29 Nlt

so, if these scripture implies that for us to escape the damnation of hell we must repent from our sins what happens to the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross for us to escape that same damnation?

Which one are we to follow in order to escape the damnation, is it the cross or our repentance?
Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by davidinchrist(m): 7:40pm On May 09, 2020
paxonel:
so, if these scripture implies that for us to escape the damnation of hell we must repent from our sins what happens to the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross for us to escape that same damnation?

Which one are we to follow in order to escape the damnation, is it the cross or our repentance?

Friend, please see these two posts of mine, "IF" you so wish. Especially the first one:

https://www.nairaland.com/5808501/failed-gospel

https://www.nairaland.com/5844877/still-under-law-old-covenant

May Jesus Bless You Richly.
Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by paxonel(m): 9:37pm On May 09, 2020
davidinchrist:

Friend, please see these two posts of mine, "IF" you so wish. Especially the first one:

https://www.nairaland.com/5808501/failed-gospel

https://www.nairaland.com/5844877/still-under-law-old-covenant

May Jesus Bless You Richly.
let's use the first one (grace and truth) as example.
You were right saying the gospel is revealed in grace and truth. But saying that the grace and truth was meant to strike a balance, that was wrong.
Note that grace itself was never balanced, there was no justice in grace. Because, how will you explain the favor gotten from grace that one did not merit?

Matthew 20:15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
Matthew 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Please take time to read the full story of that Matthew 20 from verse 1

So, Grace did not come as a balanced entity
Why?
Because mankind couldn't have a balanced justice or truth right from the day Adam and Eve sinned from the beginning.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

So, you saying that grace and truth was meant to strike a balance, that statement do not follow.

But rather, if you read through that scripture Matthew 20:1-16, you will discover that both grace and truth worked separately independent of each other. That means, they have nothing to do with each other. Matthew 20:14

This further explains why Paul made this mutual exclusivity between grace and justice

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by davidinchrist(m): 11:28pm On May 09, 2020
paxonel:
let's use the first one (grace and truth) as example.
You were right saying the gospel is revealed in grace and truth. But saying that the grace and truth was meant to strike a balance, that was wrong.
Note that grace itself was never balanced, there was no justice in grace. Because, how will you explain the favor gotten from grace that one did not merit?

Matthew 20:15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
Matthew 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Please take time to read the full story of that Matthew 20 from verse 1

So, Grace did not come as a balanced entity
Why?
Because mankind couldn't have a balanced justice or truth right from the day Adam and Eve sinned from the beginning.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

So, you saying that grace and truth was meant to strike a balance, that statement do not follow.

But rather, if you read through that scripture Matthew 20:1-16, you will discover that both grace and truth worked separately independent of each other. That means, they have nothing to do with each other. Matthew 20:14

This further explains why Paul made this mutual exclusivity between grace and justice

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Okay friend, if you don't agree with me. I don't argue.
Remember Jesus told a sinner(s) to Go And Sin No More, IF NOT, something Worse would happen to them.

I don't believe in the Grace Gospel that doesn't include Obedience. In fact, I consider it Demonic cos it's Antichrists' (against Jesus teachings).

1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:1

12 Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have NO obligation to DO what your Sinful nature Urges you to do.
Romans 8:12

13 For IF YOU live by its dictates, you will DIE (SPIRITUALLY). BUT IF through the power of the Spirit YOU put TO DEATH the deeds of your sinful nature, you WILL Live.
Romans 8:13

12 Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires.
Romans 6:12

Hebrews 10:26-27 KJV
For if we SIN WILLFULLY after that we have received the knowledge of the Truth, there remaineth NO MORE sacrifice for Sins,

[27] BUT a certain fearful looking for of JUDGEMENT and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

If you still don't agree, again, "okay".

I'll take that as your opinion as much as I strongly "disagree".

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Good bye.
Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by paxonel(m): 6:48am On May 10, 2020
davidinchrist:

Okay friend, if you don't agree with me. I don't argue.
Remember Jesus told a sinner(s) to Go And Sin No More, IF NOT, something Worse would happen to them.

I don't believe in the Grace Gospel that doesn't include Obedience. In fact, I consider it Demonic cos it's Antichrists' (against Jesus teachings).

1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:1

12 Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have NO obligation to DO what your Sinful nature Urges you to do.
Romans 8:12

13 For IF YOU live by its dictates, you will DIE (SPIRITUALLY). BUT IF through the power of the Spirit YOU put TO DEATH the deeds of your sinful nature, you WILL Live.
Romans 8:13

Hebrews 10:26-27 KJV
For if we SIN WILLFULLY after that we have received the knowledge of the Truth, there remaineth NO MORE sacrifice for Sins,

[27] BUT a certain fearful looking for of JUDGEMENT and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

If you still don't agree, again, "okay".

I'll take that as your opinion as much as I strongly "disagree".

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Good bye.
yeah! I understand you.
You tend to have zero tolerance to sin which is very good. But that itself is lousy, because it may seduce you to think that you yourself doesn't commit sin and your followers will also tend to believe so.
For several years with my parents i attended Deeper life bible church and i used to think that pastor Kumuyi do not commit sin due to his zero tolerance methods only for me to be proven wrong as i was growing up cheesy

Bye!
Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by davidinchrist(m): 9:56am On May 10, 2020
paxonel:
yeah! I understand you.
You tend to have zero tolerance to sin which is very good. But that itself is lousy, because it may seduce you to think that you yourself doesn't commit sin and your followers will also tend to believe so.
For several years with my parents i attended Deeper life bible church and i used to think that pastor Kumuyi do not commit sin due to his zero tolerance methods only for me to be proven wrong as i was growing up cheesy

Bye!

Okay friend; however, in case you miss this down below.

https://www.nairaland.com/5831602/attitude-sin-determines-salvation-perfection

And feel free to check by profile page to see my posts about churches and men of God in general; IF you so wish.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by davidinchrist(m): 8:55am On May 11, 2020
NLT Bible

1 Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of his wonderful grace?
Romans 6:1

2 Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?
Romans 6:2

Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by davidinchrist(m): 2:54pm On May 12, 2020
Matthew 15:9 KJV
But in VAIN they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the Commandments of Men.

Matthew 15:3-4 KJV
But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the Commandment of God by your TRADITION?

Matthew 15:6 KJV
And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the Commandment of God of NONE EFFECT by your Tradition.
Re: Some Common Lies Of False Pastors/Churches by davidinchrist(m): 5:17pm On May 17, 2020
1 Timothy 4:1-2 KJV
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall DEPART from the faith, giving heed to SEDUCING spirits, and DOCTRINE of devils;

[2] Speaking LIES in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

(1) (Reply)

Exclusively for you eviana3 / Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit / What Muslims Will Experience At Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.