Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? (879 Views)

Apostle Suleman: "Women Are Not Created For Men To Understand" (Video) / Isn't A Sin To Insult Satan? / If This Isn't Happening In Your Church Then Just Know Your Pastor Needs Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by chucks185: 12:42am On May 06, 2020
why wasn't the message in the book of revelation easy to comprehend? why was it largely written in a symbolic form? like seven horns, four lion-like animals and all that. i don't get it, i'm tired of different versions of interpretation by different christian organizations. i hope the bible is not complicated.
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by pfadom: 1:14am On May 06, 2020
As the name implies it is REVELATION, not story or perception. The book is not for fresh believers or unbelievers.

A requisite knowledge of the book of Daniel and other prophetic books of the bible as well as the Gospels is required to grasp the Book of Revelation. It's a book of figures of speech and idiomatic expressions too.

4 Likes

Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by CXLVII: 2:29am On May 06, 2020
Because its all fiction!

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by OloriOfMontreal: 2:44am On May 06, 2020
pfadom:
As the name implies it is REVELATION, not story or perception. The book is not for fresh believers or unbelievers.

A requisite knowledge of the book of Daniel and other prophetic books of the bible as well as the Gospels is required to grasp the Book of Revelation. It's a book of figures of speech and idiomatic expressions too.

May wisdom never elude you! Although I believe that it's interpretation can be revealed to anyone irrespective of their level of belief. God uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. He calls and equips us, ours is to yield and obey.

OP: Let me just add as well that the Book of Revelations is a book of divine mysteries (prophetic, apocalyptic, and epistolary), hence like pfadom said, you shouldn't read it like a story book but rather ask the Lord for interpretation and discernment every time.

Remember that although the book of Revelation has 22 chapters, it was written in the space of 10 years.
Don't glance through it like a novel.

3 Likes

Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Heathen777(m): 12:37am On May 07, 2020
chucks185:
why wasn't the message in the book of revelation easy to comprehend? why was it largely written in a symbolic form? like seven horns, four lion-like animals and all that. i don't get it, i'm tired of different versions of interpretation by different christian organizations. i hope the bible is not complicated.

It's Mythology, it's not supposed to make sense.
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Kobojunkie: 12:57am On May 07, 2020
pfadom:
That is a bloody lie there.

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Acerola: 4:38am On May 07, 2020
From what I have been told it is written in code and there is an esoteric component to it. You would probably have to study stuff like Kaballah, the Zohar, the Kemtic/Egyptian tree of life (also known as the Paut Neteru), the Essenes, other cosmologies , etc to get to what the author/authors were trying to say. Willing you find what the authors were actually trying to convey.
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by pfadom: 6:23pm On May 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

That is a bloody lie there.

Receive special wisdom to understand my point.

1. Letters kills, but the spirit gives life. You cannot understand the Book of Revelation if you lack the Holy Spirit and in-depth knowledge of the Old testament (especially the Prophets) and the Gospels.

2. Since it was full revealed Word of Jesus Christ, it contains prophecies and m descriptions of past and future images and events. Many of the images revealed to Apostle John came with the some descriptions that accommodate figures of speech.

Remember Jesus opened the minds of the believers travelling Emmaus Road (Luke 24), Jesus opened their minds to understand the scriptures. Jesus promised to send the Holy Spirit to teach all truths.
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 07, 2020
pfadom:

Yes this is correct! To understand Revelation, you need to dedicate your time to studying the other books of the prophets especially Daniel, the prophecy of the Lord Jesus and also that of the Apostles, the Holy Spirit will lead you on as you in your study, pray to God to help you and also seek the assistance of competent believers to study with you.
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 07, 2020
chucks185:

God told a prophet who got the same message not to worry himself over the sacred secrets because it's for those who will live during the endtime! Daniel 12:8-13

Jesus also told his own followers that the secrets will be revealed to those concerned! Revelations 7:14

Now is the time and there is just one group that Jesus is GRADUALLY revealing the sacred secrets to!

Well i'm one of them, so you can ask for the meaning of any of the symbols and i'll be glad to assist. But please don't feel bad if the meaning is offensive because it will surely offend all the religions on this planet apart from the one and only TRUE Christian group!

In fact Jesus said "all the religious groups on this planet will hate his true followers for the secrets revealed to them" Matthew 10:22

Because only those who are honest and sincere that will welcome it's meaning and make changes if the religion they're worshiping with is found wanting! Revelations 18:4 smiley
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Eunetmoi(f): 7:41pm On May 07, 2020
Mehn! I'm studying this presently too, and comprehension is a thug of war. It calls for Holy Spirit interpretation, to make any sense of that book.
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On May 20, 2020
The book reads like a freaking scifi/horror script. It's awesome!
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Nobody: 6:44am On May 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The book reads like a freaking scifi/horror script. It's awesome!

It's full of sacred secrets only God's true servants can tell you the meaning. That's why no single Pastor in the whole wide world can say anything about it because the motive with which those greedy religious title chiefs are reading it is not pure!

For instance wherever Revelation mention "FIRE" it simply means total destruction but misinformed religionists thought it's talking about the real fire! smiley
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Kobojunkie: 1:38pm On May 21, 2020
Maximus69:

It's full of sacred secrets only God's true servants can tell you the meaning. That's why no single Pastor in the whole wide world can say anything about it because the motive with which those greedy religious title chiefs are reading it is not pure!

For instance wherever Revelation mention "FIRE"it simply means total destruction but misinformed religionists thought it's talking about the real fire! smiley
BullPiss!

John saw a vision and he expressed the details of it as clearly as hiss 0 century mind could. No need to inject additional meaning into what he's written. Instead folks ought to try to take it as we ought to take muxh of what is written, as-is.
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by RealEzee(m): 2:32pm On May 21, 2020
Simple, James 1:5-6.
As we seek understanding from God through prayer and study, do we know when he speaks back to us? Guess that's where the challenge is
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On May 21, 2020
When Jesus was tempted by Satan out in the wilderness, one interesting response from Jesus was "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by everyword that comes out of the mouth of God". It is interesting to see where that response came from ..

Deuteronomy 8 vs 3
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word[a] that comes from the mouth of the Lord.
When seeking understanding, it will do good to learn to take God at His word i.e. take literally the words that are recorded as the word that is directly from God("Thus saith the Lord", "God said...", "Jesus said", etc.). Remember, every word out of Jesus own mouth are recorded as the word of God. From that one is able learn to hear God when He speaks, and know HIs voice apart from all the other voices in our heads.
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:

BullPiss!

John saw a vision and he expressed the details of it as clearly as hiss 0 century mind could. No need to inject additional meaning into what he's written. Instead folks ought to try to take it as we ought to take muxh of what is written, as-is.

Just humbe yourself to learn!

These are symbols that must be interpreted otherwise you can never be saved. Jesus revealed it to John and this has always been Jesus' custom when revealing sacred secrets to his loved ones, so no matter how many times you read it you must go and learn the meaning of this symbols from Jesus' true followers! smiley
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On May 21, 2020
Maximus69:
Just humbe yourself to learn!

These are symbols that must be interpreted otherwise you can never be saved. Jesus revealed it to John and this has always been Jesus' custom when revealing sacred secrets to his loved ones, so no matter how many times you read it you must go and learn the meaning of this symbols from Jesus' true followers! smiley
Humble myself to learn, from you?
Symbols? I say you take it easy on whatever you be smoking there. grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Humble myself to learn, from you?
Symbols? I say you take it easy on whatever you be smoking there. grin cheesy grin cheesy

Jesus sent people out to teach people, i'm not special in any way, i humbled myself to learn it.

But if you feel you're OK, then continue contributing without intercepting other people's comments! Zephaniah 2:2-3
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Kobojunkie: 4:59am On May 22, 2020
pfadom:

Receive special wisdom to understand my point.
1. Letters kills, but the spirit gives life. You cannot understand the Book of Revelation if you lack the Holy Spirit and[b] in-depth knowledge of the Old testament (especially the Prophets) and the Gospels[/b].
This is not true.
pfadom:

2. Since it was full revealed Word of Jesus Christ, it contains prophecies and m descriptions of past and future images and events. Many of the images revealed to Apostle John came with the some descriptions that accommodate figures of speech.
Revelation is a vision that was given to John, and John revealed to the rest of us.
pfadom:

Remember Jesus opened the minds of the believers travelling Emmaus Road (Luke 24), Jesus opened their minds to understand the scriptures. Jesus promised to send the Holy Spirit to teach all truths.

What if there are no special interpretations to what is written? What if it is all to be read and understood literally?
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Nobody: 7:27am On May 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:

This is not true.

Revelation is a vision that was given to John, and John revealed to the rest of us.

What if there are no special interpretations to what is written? What if it is all to be read and understood literally?

The Bible book of Revelations mentioned so many things
© Dragon
© Wild beast with 7 heads and 10 horns
© Babylon the Great
© Harlot sitting on many waters
© Four living Creatures
© Locusts and Scorpions
© Woman with a crown of twelve stars
© The number 666
© Lake of fire
© Great winepress
© Mount Zion

Hmmmmmmmm all these and many more that's mentioned in Revelations certainly can't be understood literally!

For your information, there is no Hellfire! undecided
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by petra1(m): 10:11am On May 22, 2020
chucks185:

you cant understand revelation fully except you combine it with other references. from Daniel,joel, matthew,luke, thessalonians, 1peter ,jude and other relevant books

For that reason you need a good reference bible and commentary. other morder translations are helpful too, but if you must use just one bible i will reccomend Dakes bible , it has references and commentary
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by byinks(f): 10:40am On May 22, 2020
Revelation is not written in a strictly chronological order from chapter to chapter

That alone makes it difficult.
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 22, 2020
byinks:
Revelation is not written in a strictly chronological order from chapter to chapter

That alone makes it difficult.

It's filled with sacred secrets that's why God told an ancient prophet who received a similar message not to worry himself because the interpretation is meant for people who will live during the endtime! Daniel 12:8-13

It's has been revealed to born again Christians of our time but how pathetic it is for most people who despises them now?

There is no Hellfire!

The book of Revelations is all about how the born again Christians will be taken to heaven while the remaining will struggle to keep their integrity until Jesus returns with the born again group to destroy all those opposing their government! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by pfadom: 3:49pm On May 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:

This is not true.

No need to argue with you. I commit you to the Holy Spirit for teaching and enlightenment. Read Proverbs 29:18 from KJV, NIV, AMP & MSG versions for the difference/similarity between vision and revelation in the context of the subject.

Apostle John in the Book of Revelation does not provide any interpretation. He only wrote as Jesus Christ. Please endeavour to read Revelation 1:1-2; 9-11.

Shalom!

Shalom
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On May 22, 2020
pfadom:

No need to argue with you. I commit you to the Holy Spirit for teaching and enlightenment. Read Proverbs 29:18 from KJV, NIV, AMP & MSG versions for the difference/similarity between vision and revelation in the context of the subject.

Apostle John in the Book of Revelation does not provide any interpretation. He only wrote as Jesus Christ. Please endeavour to read Revelation 1:1-2; 9-11.

Shalom!

Shalom

The book of revelations, like the rest of the Bible, does not require any unique interpretation or symbolism applied or inserted into what is written.
The Holy Spirit does not "Interprete" the word of God. Nope!
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by pfadom: 9:12pm On May 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:

The book of revelations, like the rest of the Bible, does not require any unique interpretation or symbolism applied or inserted into what is written.
The Holy Spirit does not "Interprete" the word of God. Nope!

Excuse me please.
Re: Why Isn't Revelation Easy To Understand? by Kobojunkie: 10:03am On May 23, 2020
pfadom:

Excuse me please.
You are excused!

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Acquire Powerful Charms Like Sunday Igboho? / Interfaith Marriage. / A Message Sent From Hell! - True Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.