Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) (918 Views)

SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) / DEAD END By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Short Christian Story.) / DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 11:17am On May 06, 2020
I do hope you find this story interesting and worthwhile.

Episode 1

The bed gave a loud thud as I laid on it.
My younger brother had just informed me that he would not be allowed to write his final exams if his tuition fee was not settled by the next morning.
“The exam is starting tomorrow morning. The fee is Thirty thousand naira but Mama sent only ten thousand to me saying market has not been doing well.” Her brother had said to her.
Things had not been easy since Daddy died. I and my Mom involved in selling of clothing materials; but who buys cloth when he hasn’t even gotten what to feed on. Market had been poor.
I sighed as I turned on the mattress. Maybe if Daddy were still alive, the situation would have been better.
"I have to do all I can to get the remaining twenty thousand naira before tomorrow morning." I thought when my phone rang.
It was my fiancé of three weeks. I sat up and cleared my throat before picking the call.
“Hello, Sister Bolu.” He called excitedly immediately I picked up.
“Good Afternoon Bro Sam.” I replied gently.
“Oh God is Faithful. You remember I raised a prayer request while we were praying somedays ago, as regards the money I was expecting from someone. Can you believe he has sent the two hundred thousand naira? I am so happy right now.” He continued excitedly.
“Oh! Glory be to God.” I replied happily for his sake.
Silence!!
“Sis Bolu, are you alright ?” he asked as I breathed a sigh of relief thankfully that he could detect I was not okay or I wouldn’t have liked it.
“Not really.” I replied as I explained the situation to him.
“ Oh!! It is well. God will provide.” he simply said.
"Seriously?” I replied nearly shouting into the phone. I had thought he would help me with some amount at least he just got another extra money.
“What were you expecting ? Oh!! Were you expecting me to send you the money ? You know its not right. What do you want people to say? You know we are to avoid giving each other gifts. We agreed to no gifts remember? ”
"Yes but..."
"I hate Compromise! " he said bluntly.
“Oh really. You said gifts. OK!! How about you send the money to him directly. If that will make you feel better.” I replied sharply.
“But I know him through you. I can’t do it, am sorry. We have to be careful of the devices of the enemy.”
“Ha! You know what. We’ll meet at the Prayer meeting in the evening. I have to go in search of the money.”
“Okay. Call me when you get it." he replied as I gaped in surprise.
“ Bye.” I said as I ended the call.
“I can’t believe this…” I shouted as I fell on the bed in defeat.

To be Continued.

Source: https://peculiarinspiro./2018/12/16/my-fiance-is-holy-episode-1/

______

Comments will be duly appreciated.

Story Source: www.peculiarinspiro.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 11:41am On May 06, 2020
Episode 2

The roof of the building made sounds as forming a rhythm as drops of rain hit it. I looked around as the Prayer was being rounded up to take note of where Bro Sam was sitting.
I moved towards him immediately the meeting was over but saw him rushing to meet the Pastor obviously to tell him about his Miraculous provision.
I sat back patiently to wait for him as I needed to speak to him as regards what happened in the morning.
For minutes I waited but their discussion seemed endless. I picked my phone to text him I was going when Tunde’s message came in reminding me about his tuition fee.
I dropped my phone back as I hissed. I had not been able to gather anything to sent to my brother yet.
I stood up defeatedly to go when the Oyewumi’s a newly wedded couple saw me and walked up to me.
"Good Evening, Sister Bolu. I see you're preparing to go. The rain is still falling, but if you can wait for about ten minutes more, you can join us. We want to meet with the Pastor but his discussion with Bro Sam seem so serious.” Sister Daara Oyewumi said.
I looked towards where the duo were seated and frowned.
"Its alright Ma. I will find my way . I have something I need to settle tonight.” i replied as I turned to go in a bid to escape quickly.
"Oh!! Are you alright Ma?” asked her husband after me.
“Am fine Sir. Its nothing God can’t do. I just need money to send to my brother. The one person that could have easily helped me thinks its a form of unrighteousness or is probably too stingy to give." I said as I looked towards Bro Sam again. The Couple followed my gaze and as I realized what was happening and added quickly "Forget I said that. Good night Sir” I replied as I turned to go.”
“Come, Sister Bolu.” Sister Daara called to me.
“ Yes, Ma.” I replied as I moved closer to her.
“How much are we talking about here?” she asked.
“ Twenty thousand naira ma.” I replied as the she whispered to her husbad.
“ You know what, Sister Bolu. I have your account number from the payment of my wedding gown material. Expect the money tonight.” She said smiling.
I looked at both of them as tears of gratitude fell down my face.
"Alright Ma. Thank you very much. God bless you Ma. Thank you Sir.” I realized the rain had stopped so I moved to go.
“ I will be going then. Good night Ma. Thank you Sir.” I said as I turned to go when my phone beeped.
It was a text from my Pastor. I stopped. I turned around to look at where he and Bro Sam sat. They were both looking at me.
I unlocked my phone to check the text.
"Hello, Sister Bolu. I will need you to see me at my office tomorrow. Bro Sam told me something I will like to confirm."
Tears gathered at my eyes as I texted him back that there was no problem.
I looked at Bro Sam tearfully as I left the Church.

It Continues still.

Source : https://peculiarinspiro./2018/12/18/my-fiance-is-holy-episode-2/

_______

Please let me know your thoughts about the story.

Cc: Lalasticlacla, Olajhidey22, geniuseproxy, ayme, eunice112

Story Source : www.peculiarinspiro.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) by oluwatosin070: 12:43pm On May 06, 2020
OK I'm enjoying the story.. Kudos OP

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 1:25pm On May 06, 2020
Thanks for following the story. Do invite others too.
Re: My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 1:33pm On May 06, 2020
Episode 3.

Pararararararara!!!!!!! Sounded the thunder in the sky as the rain began heavily again.
I had been standing by the road for about five minutes thinking about all that had happened with no bike in sight.
I decided to return to the church and wait for the Oyewumi’s when the familiar sound of a vehicle caused me to look up. It was Bro Sam’s vehicle with him behind the wheel.
I stood straight as he stopped in front of me.
I opened the door thankfully and got in.
“What do you think you are doing ?” he asked anger inscribed boldly on his face.
“I don’t get? Aren’t you giving me a ride?” I asked confused.
“ Ride!! Oh sister Bolu, you shouldn’t expect me to even allow you in my vehicle. Hmm, don’t let the devil have his way with all this you are doing.” He replied infuriating me.
“ I can’t believe this. Bro Sam this is getting out of hand oo.. I don’t even know what to call this kind of behavior.” i said looking at him.
“It's fleeing from every appearance of evil. I just stopped so you wouldn’t feel hurt that I just went past you.”
“ You know what? You thought you didn’t want me to get hurt but your actions have done more than just hurting me. You should have just pretended not to see me.”
“Okay. I will do that next time. Now can you step out of my car?”
I gaped in surprise as I watched him stretch to open the door for me.
“ Bro Sam , this is Bolu. The woman you are to get married to you are pushing into this heavy rain.”
“The more important reason I shouldn’t carry you. Now please is getting late. So you can get home quickly.” Tears flooded my eyes as I got down and closed the door with a loud bang…
Anger shoot through my body like electric shock. I felt hurt…
"Oh God !!!!" I found myself screaming out suddenly as I cried heavily…
I stood at that same point, the rain beating me furiously. A mixture of tears and rain falling down my face.
“ This isn’t the kind of man I want. This is not the best for me. God…. I prayed that you might let me know him but this isn’t what I bargained for. This hurts Lord. It really hurts.." I thought as I wept.

Episode 4 will be posted soon...
Don't forget to drop your comments and feedbacks.

Source:
https://peculiarinspiro./2018/12/20/my-fiance-is-holy-episode-3/
_____

Don't forget to drop your comments.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 1:48pm On May 06, 2020
Episode 4

The sound of a vehicle stopping in front of me made me look up. It was the Oyewumi’s.
“Oh my God! Sister Bolu, you are still here! Get in quickly." Sister Daara said.
I stood there just looking at her, tears dropping furiously.
“Oh Honey, something is really wrong. “ she said to her husband as she moved to get down from the vehicle.
"No, don’t. The rain is falling heavily. Let me assist her.” He replied as he hurried out of the vehicle and rushed towards me.
“Sister Bolu, let's get you home.” He said as he assisted me into the vehicle.
As I sat, Sister Bolu passed me her cardigan to keep me warm as I continued crying.
“Its alright Ma.” Bro Oyewumi said as he started the car.
“Thank you.” I muttered as my teeth gritted together because of the cold. Bro Oyewumi looked at me pitifully as I used my now drenched scarf to wipe my face.
“Sorry to ask this but didn’t you see Bro Sam pass?” he finally asked breaking the silence in the vehicle.
“Oh Honey, those tears speak other wise. She wasn’t crying when we separated in church." His wife cut in before I could reply.
"When I saw Bro Sam leave the church I was happy he would help give you a ride and that you guys might even talk about what happened in the afternoon. I guess I was wrong.” He replied shaking his head.
“ Do you want to talk about it ?” asked Sis Daara as she turned to look at me.
"Yes please." I replied before blurting out, "Bro Sam told Pastor about the money issue.”
“What?” exclaimed the couple together.
“That’s not even the issue though I felt embarrassed about it. He met me where I was waiting by the road and stopped. I had even hopped in gratefully when he told me to get off his vehicle. His excuse was that we should flee appearances of evil. It was an act of unrighteouness since we are not married. This is just 7:15pm for Christ sake, I will be out of his vehicle in less than 6 minutes. Oh!!! I have not been embarrassed like this before. He told me, the woman he will soon marry to get off.” I said as I started crying again.
"This is serious. But even if he is claiming to be living a Holy life and avoiding sin, what about showing forth the fruits of Holiness. What about letting brotherly Love continue. He could have even explained himself in a more reasonable way. This is stinginess, it has no other name.” Sister Daara said shaking her head.
“So if you are in serious danger, he will not make an attempt to save you? He doesn't know your worth; I’m sorry to say.” Bro Oyewumi commented as he drove.
“You know I remember something similar to this happened when we weren’t married. We finished a Combine Service that day and I didn’t have a dime to return home. The people I could go home with left immediately service ended while I waited for a meeting. I accepted my fate and bagan trekking home in the hot sun. I had not trekked up to three minutes when he saw me and stopped to carry me. He dropped me at the junction to my parent’s house. The funniest thing was that I didn’t even know he was the one God was preparing for me but he knew already. if he didn’t stop I would have nothing against him but he stopped.” Sister Daara recounted.
“What now happened? Did you had to be asking for forgiveness from God?"’
“No. I sat at the back seat jejely and he didn’t even involve me in any unnecessary conversation. So what’s the issue?" asked Sis Daara.
“I guess I shouldn't be too shocked to discover more when we get married.” I said as I looked thoughtfully outside the car into the dark nights.

The Story continues.

But wait, How do you feel about Bro Sam?
Do you agree with the Oyewumi's ?
What do you feel Bolu should do?

Source: https://peculiarinspiro./2018/12/20/my-fiance-is-holy-episode-4/

_____

Drop your feedbacks and comments and thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 2:00pm On May 06, 2020
Episode 5 (Final Episode.)

I paced my room thoughtfully as I thought of what to do.
“I can’t continue putting up with this. Thank God we’ve been in courtship for just three weeks. God has better things for me.” I thought as my phone rang.
It was my Pastor.
“Hello, sister Bolu. Hope you are home already ?"
“Good evening Sir. Yes I am home.”
“I’m calling as regards the text I sent to you. There is no need coming to meet me again. I thought about what Bro Sam shared with me. Were you two able to thrash it out?”
“No Sir. He wouldn’t even let me into his car no matter the heavy rain.”
"Oh!! Sorry. Hmmm, you know what sister Bolu?”
“Yes Sir.”
“I thought about what he told me. And looking at what you are also saying, I think you need to ask God to speak to you more. You know I asked if you were really sure God was leading you, I need you to think about it more. Once you are married, its for life. Do you get me ?” said the pastor.
"Yes Sir. Thank you Sir. “
“Its alright, Good night.”
“Good night Sir.”
As the call ended, I knew in my heart what I had to do.
My phone beeped at around 10:00pm signaling a message coming in.
I viewed it and staring at me was an alert of 30,000 naira been transferred to me. I stared at it for seconds thrilled.
I was about calling Sister Daara when a text came in from her.
“The money has been transferred. Don’t bother calling to thank us, just thank God. We are praying for you. Please take care.”
I sat down as I gazed at the text in gratitude. I immediatelty texted back showing my gratitude.
I prepared to transfer some amount to my brother’s account when Bro Sam’s call came in.
“So calling your fiancée at 10:00pm is not unhealthy?” I blurted out as soon as I picked the call.
“I’m calling to check if you’re home. Isn’t that good ?" he asked laughing.
“Oh!! I see. So you expected the aeroplane you have left me with would have dropped me at home by now. You know what, you are just taking the essentials as unessential and the important things as nothing.” I said .
“Wait.. are you insulting me?" he asked, clearly surprised at my outburst.
“ No… I am telling you the plain truth. Bro Sam, all these talks on Holiness, Righteousness, I'm not seeing the practical in your life.”
“What more practical do you want ? Why do you think i didn’t give you that money or give you a ride?”
“Stop mixing things up abeg. What happened to letting brotherly love continue? I'm sure you would have done that to any other person too. Is Stinginess a practical life of holiness too? You can’t even transfer the money to my brother directly?
“Sis Bolu, don’t make a mountain out of nothing. Don’t let the devil cook up unneccesary issues.”
“Oh really. Do you know another problem you have? You don’t listen to other people’s opinion. I was even thinking you will say you will change. There is no point taking this longer. I can’t continue this relationship. We’re done.” I said.
“What did you say?” he asked in shock.
“I said we are over." I said again.
“Sister Bolu, let's talk tomorrow. Maybe because its late that is why you are saying all this things.”
“If you wait till next year, my answer will still be the same. We are over Bro Sam.”
I waited for him to say something but he just kept mute.
"And before you ask, I already got the money from some good believers who know how to practicalise holiness. So thank you for every thing you put me through. We’ll see later.”
"Hold on. Please lets see Pastor before concluding.”
“It is concluded. We are over,” I said as I hung up.
I stopped for a minute before I said "Did I just do that?"
“Oh even though it hurts , what is this Peace I'm feeling." I said concerned as I knelt down to commune with my father.

"Don't tell use you are holy. Show us. Pursue and Practice Holiness the right way. " -: Adebisi Mercy.
#Based On A True Life Story
#Yet Work Of Fiction
#The End.

Source: https://peculiarinspiro./2018/12/21/my-fiance-is-holy-final-episode/

____
Thanks for reading this short Story. ��

Your comments will be duly appreciated.

Source : www.peculiarinspiro.
Re: My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) by oluwatosin070: 2:01pm On May 06, 2020
The Story continues.

But wait, How do you feel about Bro Sam?
Do you agree with the Oyewumi's ?
What do you feel Bolu should do?

I think Bro Sam is taking things too spiritual and I guess he's going to lose out big time..

The Oyewunmi's are quite right based on how their relationship transformed into marriage with a similar case of BOLU's

I think Bolu should know a red flag when she sees one...

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) by zika19(f): 3:52pm On May 06, 2020
Emmm. The story is not only tochy but quite an eye opener. Most times because of what the church would say or think, christian enter into relationships with the wrong person.
I believe if not with that call from the pastor she would have still consider continuing with the relationship. In all thank God for His Mercy. Thanks for the story

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 10:09pm On May 06, 2020
zika19:
Emmm. The story is not only tochy but quite an eye opener. Most times because of what the church would say or think, christian enter into relationships with the wrong person.
I believe if not with that call from the pastor she would have still consider continuing with the relationship. In all thank God for His Mercy. Thanks for the story

Yes! That call prompted her to action.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your comment.
Re: My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 10:11pm On May 06, 2020
oluwatosin070:

I think Bro Sam is taking things too spiritual and I guess he's going to lose out big time..

The Oyewunmi's are quite right based on how their relationship transformed into marriage with a similar case of BOLU's

I think Bolu should know a red flag when she sees one...

Hmm! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Re: My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) by Zara20(f): 4:46am On May 08, 2020
God gave her a warning signal, thank God she understood it

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 10:29am On May 08, 2020
Zara20:
God gave her a warning signal, thank God she understood it

Yeah... You are right Zara20.
There is a new story "Dabira".
Why don't you journey with me through the lines of the story? And invite people over. wink wink
Re: My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) by Zara20(f): 11:22pm On May 09, 2020
pls can you send the link to me

(1) (Reply)

The Storysouth 2007 Million Writers Award For Fiction / Writers Wanted: Please Visit Us, Will You? / The Nigerian International Bookfair 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.