Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,606 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

The Storysouth 2007 Million Writers Award For Fiction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Storysouth 2007 Million Writers Award For Fiction (917 Views)

When Is Literature's Award For This Year? / Untitled Fiction / A Good Sales Rep For Fiction Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Storysouth 2007 Million Writers Award For Fiction by Orikinla(m): 4:55am On Jun 27, 2007
As I do each year at this time, I'm asking everyone I know to participate in and spread the word about the Million Writers Award at storySouth.com. This year, we're fortunate to have one of our own, "All the Way to Grangeville" by A. Ray Norsworthy, in contention for Story of the Year. Please check out the following link, vote for the story you feel is most deserving, and then encourage everyone you know to do the same. I naturally would like to see "Grangeville" win, but more importantly, I'd like to see efforts like Million Writers rewarded for the positive contribution they're making to online literature.

Voting ends on June 30th, so there are only a few days left.

Thanks and best wishes,

Tom

Link: http://www.storysouth.com/millionwriters/2007vote.html

PS: Apologies if this message comes to you unwanted (or more than once). I refuse to use any kind of mass-mailing program, so each of these messages are sent by hand, one at a time, and as such, I occasionally make mistakes.

The storySouth 2007 Million Writers Award for Fiction

The top ten stories of the year have now been selected. They are:

"A Letter from Home" by E. C. Osondu (Agni)
"Spectral Evidence" by Gemma Files (ChiZine)
"Urchins, While Swimming" by Catherynne M. Valente (Clarkesword Magazine)
"13 Halloweens" by Michael K. White (The Deepening)
"All the Way to Grangeville" by A. Ray Norsworthy (Eclectica Magazine)
"Burning Bush" by E.P.Chiew (In Posse Review)
"Dream Engine" by Tim Pratt (Intergalactic Medicine Show)
"Vertically Divided, Blue-Red-White" by Mark MacNamara (Southern Gothic Online)
"Spinning Out" by Jamie Barras (Strange Horizons)
"The Infinite Monkey Theorem" by Marshall Moore (Word Riot)
Don't forget to vote on this year's best story. Voting will run through June 30.

This year's award is sponsored by the Edit Red Writing Community (formerly known as Spoiled Ink). As a result of this sponsorship, the award features a $300 prize for the overall winner and $50 memberships to Edit Red for the authors of the top ten stories of the year.

(1) (Reply)

Psychometric Textbooks Pls? / Me: / Who Is A Freelance Writer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.