Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead (8677 Views)

Breaking: 18 Confirmed Dead In Paris Shooting / Lagos Island Boils Again As Nurtw Factions Clash / Breaking News : Jos Boils Again, Over 500 Killed In Reprisal Attack! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by violent(m): 11:37pm On Jan 11, 2011
JOS, Nigeria (Reuters) - Attackers armed with machetes killed at least 18 people in two separate attacks in villages in central Nigeria on Tuesday, the latest in a series of ethnic and religious clashes in the troubled region.

Thirteen of the victims, including women and children, were killed in an attack on the largely Christian village of Wareng in Plateau state in the early hours of the morning, police commissioner Abdulrahman Akano said.

"I can authoritatively confirm that 13 people have been killed in that night attack," he told reporters.

A further five people were killed in what appeared to have been a reprisal attack in the village of Barkin Ladi, he said.

The violence underscores security concerns in Africa's most populous nation as it prepares for presidential, parliamentary and state governorship elections in April.

Plateau state, of which Jos is the capital, lies in the "Middle Belt" where the mostly Muslim north meets the largely Christian south. The region is seen as a potential flashpoint ahead of the polls.

President Goodluck Jonathan, a southerner, faces a tough election battle with his main contender, ex-Vice President Atiku Abubakar, a northerner, and some analysts fear the national debate could become polarised around north-south rivalries.

Jonathan's candidacy is controversial because of an agreement in the ruling party that power should rotate between the north and the south every two terms, a rhythm which his victory would interrupt.

http://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFTRE70A4DL20110111
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by violent(m): 11:38pm On Jan 11, 2011
Lawd Hammercy!
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by Afam4eva(m): 11:42pm On Jan 11, 2011
God help us in this country. Pls does someone have any idea how much a self contain apartment goes for in Ghana. I don't think i'll will here when the election kicks off.
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by OgidiBoy(m): 11:46pm On Jan 11, 2011
Afam I don't think running will solve the problem, I think it's time we face those animals and let them know times have changed, enough of turning the other cheek.
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by jason123: 11:47pm On Jan 11, 2011
OgidiBoy:

Afam I don't think running will solve the problem, I think it's time we face those animals and let them know times have changed, enough of turning the other cheek.

Well said!!!
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by Obiagu1(m): 11:48pm On Jan 11, 2011
Funny enough, I have not heard a word from Gen. Yakubu Gowon. Strange  angry
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by Osama10(m): 11:49pm On Jan 11, 2011
Whatz really wrong with these people? angry angry angry
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by Obiagu1(m): 11:50pm On Jan 11, 2011
If oil is what keeps the North in Nigeria, share the oil with them (they're already taking a larger share while in Nigeria) and let them secede.
It is a prudent thing to do.
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by Olaedo1: 11:56pm On Jan 11, 2011
Obiagu1:

If oil is what keeps the North in Nigeria, share the oil with them (they're already taking a larger share while in Nigeria) and let them secede.

No.They can't always have their cake and eat it.
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by Afam4eva(m): 11:56pm On Jan 11, 2011
Obiagu1:

That will go down in history as the most stupid action taken by any group. I don't want to belong to that group. Why will you share something that doesn't belong to them.
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by jason123: 11:57pm On Jan 11, 2011
Obiagu1:

NO NO NO!!! angry
Why should that happen? What oil are you talking about? Oil is formed from dead orgainic stuff under high pressure for millions of years. It might have been our dead people (our ancestor), our blood so why should we share I bet they have oil but they refuse exploration! Why? why is it that all the countries have found oil in lake chad but the north has not? SO, NO WE ARE NOT SHARING ANYTHING!!!
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by Olaedo1: 11:57pm On Jan 11, 2011
There is no way these hausa people cant come into a berom village and kill unless they are backed by the army.Its just not possible.
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by jason123: 11:59pm On Jan 11, 2011
Obiagu1:

I did not even know that your brothers have already told you off! It would not happen!
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by OgidiBoy(m): 12:00am On Jan 12, 2011
Just what I'm thinking, let them have the oil and leave us in peace. This whole battle in jos is between the Berom the indigens of jos and Hausa

Fulani, but guess who's shops and property are being burned (Igbo) They beroms are mostly farmers.
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by Obiagu1(m): 12:02am On Jan 12, 2011
afam4eva:

That will go down in history as the most silly action taken by any group. I don't want to belong to that group. Why will you share something that doesn't belong to them.

jason123:

NO NO NO!!! angry
Why should that happen? What oil are you talking about? Oil is formed from dead orgainic stuff under high pressure for millions of years. It might have been our dead people (our ancestor), our blood so why should we share I bet they have oil but they refuse exploration! Why? why is it that all the countries have found oil in lake chad but the north has not? SO, NO WE ARE NOT SHARING ANYTHING!!!

If you can't go to war to liberate yourself, then you should remain with them and never complain about them. Their way of life is their way of life and should not bother you or anyone and you should respect that.

If you want to change that, you do something about it. So the question is: what can you do?

Note: you scream why will you share something that doesn't belong to them, yet they control your oil fields, don't they?
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by jason123: 12:02am On Jan 12, 2011
OgidiBoy:

Just what I'm thinking, let them have the oil and leave us in peace. This whole battle in jos is between the Berom the indigens of jos and Hausa

Fulani, but guess who's shops and property are being burned (Igbo) They beroms are mostly farmers.

NO SE!!! Why would you do that? My GOD, pls give strenght to our brothers and make them not sell their birth rights!!!AMEN!
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by Afam4eva(m): 12:04am On Jan 12, 2011
One question that keeps coming to my mind is: Is it possible to break away from the Northerners without a war breaking out.
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by philip0906(m): 12:04am On Jan 12, 2011
Holy white mary. . .let those almajiris secede and get d hell outta here
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by jason123: 12:05am On Jan 12, 2011
Obiagu1:

If you can't go to war to liberate yourself, then you should remain with them and never complain about them. Their way of life is their way of life and should not bother you or anyone.

If you want to change that, you do something about it. So the question is: what can you do?

Note: you scream why will you share something that doesn't belong to them, yet they control your oil fields, don't they?

WHAT!!! angry

The same oil fields bought from our ( same oil oo!) oil revenues that was meant to develop the country? NA WA OO!!!
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by HamidO1(m): 12:05am On Jan 12, 2011
Ola edo:

There is no way these hausa people cant come into a berom village and kill unless they are backed by the army.Its just not possible.
What makes you feel it's not possible. All the late night ambush in the past is an example. The truth is that not everyone given a knife can slaughter a fellow human which they find easy.
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by Olaedo1: 12:06am On Jan 12, 2011
OgidiBoy:

You sound like a bytch.I'm sorry to say.Never go to jail, you'd definitely leave jail as a Peewee Herman. Give what oil? like their land is anywhere near the oil feeds.Sorry if they need oil, let them buy it after we split. What is going on in jos is fulani expansion and the military is a part of the plan.
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by aljharem2: 12:08am On Jan 12, 2011
Ola edo:

You sound like a bytch.I'm sorry to say.Never go to jail, you'd definitely leave jail as a Peewee Herman. Give what oil? like their land is anywhere near the oil feeds.Sorry if they need oil, let them buy it after we split. What is going on in jos is fulani expansion and the military is a part of the plan.

typical ezeuche
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by jason123: 12:09am On Jan 12, 2011
Ola edo:

GBAM!!!
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by Obiagu1(m): 12:09am On Jan 12, 2011
Ola edo:

You guys sound funny, how do you split from them? Now tell us how you plan to do that.
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by aljharem2: 12:11am On Jan 12, 2011
Obiagu1:

You guys sound funny, how do you split from them? Now tell us how you plan to do that.
grin
but jason and ezeuche i want to hear oooo
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by jason123: 12:12am On Jan 12, 2011
Obiagu1:

A combination of the militant grroups from the various ethnic groups would stop them! Even the jft could not stop MEND talkless of a combination group!!!haba!!! angry
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by Olaedo1: 12:12am On Jan 12, 2011
Obiagu1:

We plan to up root your village and give it to them as an oil field.That should do the trick.
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by aljharem2: 12:13am On Jan 12, 2011
@ op what is jonathan doing about it;

is it because it does not affect the ijaws or ND undecided that is why he is over looking it undecided
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by jason123: 12:14am On Jan 12, 2011
jason123:

A combination of the militant grroups from the various ethnic groups would stop them! Even the jft could not stop MEND talkless of a combination group!!!haba!!! angry
Just to add,

with a bit of organisation and planning, it would work
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by aljharem2: 12:15am On Jan 12, 2011
jason123:

sounds childish cool

also is it igbos that will trust yorubas with there life's ,,,,,,i guess not
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by aljharem2: 12:15am On Jan 12, 2011
jason123:

Just to add,

with a bit of organisation and planning, it would work

hisses
Re: Jos Boils Again!. . .18 Confirmed Dead by Obiagu1(m): 12:16am On Jan 12, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Falana Seeks Pardon For 70 Soldiers Serving 10 Years For Mutiny / Policeman In Uniform Spotted Starring At A Lady's Bum Bum.Photo Goes Viral(pic) / Why Moghalu, Durotoye, Ezekwesili, Others Stand No Chance By Deji Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.