Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,222 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church (78184 Views)

RCCG Refused To Allow A Lady Enter Their Premises Due To Her Dressing (Video) / Pastor And Masquerade Go Toe-To-Toe While 'Evangelizing' In Market Place / Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Teymanhenry(f): 8:07pm On May 07, 2020
If a Christian who spends 2/3 hours in church is complaining, what do you want Muslims who spend 15 mins in mosque to say.. only God knows whether actually misses offerings or ?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by mumu9gerian: 8:08pm On May 07, 2020
asamaigho:

guy u call those 2k sticker per annum taxes? r u for real! dont tell me u dont know they are for settlement for d loyal boys!. we know d country we leave in,..d lga are wheel chairs..its whatever d state give dem dats what dey utilize, so stop carving baseless excuses cos there is no reason on Gods planet y an overcrowded market is open 7days of d week, while a more organised place as d church which meets only 2 or 3day of d week for less dan 3hrs is shot.

if u have any probs with some pastors like i do say it. we can attack it from dat point.
peace.
How much do they make?
On your other point it's not about the organization.
Its about services rendered and possible alternatives.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by mumu9gerian: 8:09pm On May 07, 2020
12inchess:
I know a lot of people will say "Touch not my annointed and do my prophets no harm...." but sometimes the truth must just be said. I know this post may be a little long but please be patient, I'm driving at a very crucial point. One disclaimer is that I'm not a bible scholar but I have a fair understanding of some of this things I talk about from my reading the bible.

First to make it clear. I know DaddyFreeze has over-explained this but I will restate it again. The tithe that a lot of people are paying is an old testament law to feed and provide for the Levites who did not do any commercial work. The Levites was a tribe of priests whose sole and only work was to communicate to God on behalf of worshippers because woshippers were not allowed to do so directly because of the veil in the temple. People could not directly communicate with God then. Nowadays we don't have Levites. There is no need for them.Jesus died and resurrected. The veil has been torn. We can access God directly through Jesus Christ, personally.

Secondly, to make it clear again, this tithe was never a rigid 10 percent as is currently preached. Worshippers were supposed to donate to the temple i.e levites, I believe for 2 years, 10 percent of all their produce. On the third year, they were supposed to take the 10 percent and use it for a vacation of some sorts for themselves and their families. Vacation in the bibles words and times were to go somewhere with their family and enjoy themselves with strong drink. (If you think I'm lying, what I'm saying is right there in the bible). In any case, as I have said this practice was before the early church.

Now to the early Church, what they practised was not tithing but communal/sacrificial giving. And it's clearly documented all over the new testament in the early church. What would happen is that people would sell their properties, bring their income to the church etc and it would be shared especially to the poor, widows and most vulnerable church members. It wasn't by compulsion but it was optional. Part of it was used to take care of the disciples e.g Paul but he personally recommended against it and worked so he wouldn't uneccesarily burden the church.

Now to today, you can see what is been practiced is not communal/sacrificial giving. What is being practiced is a corrupt extractive system that caters mostly for the Daddy G.O and his family where the poor, widows and vulnerable are left stranded and not catered for. It is just similar to the corrupt political system we run in Nigeria where govt funds from taxes and the commonwealth of the country are siphoned into private pockets while the citizens and tax payers get no infrastructure, no good roads, no good healthcare, no security and no light. That is why often you see pastors and politicians in bed with each other because they are agents of the same destruction and crime.

At the end of the day, as we have Coronavirus we can see that the church is not functional, because if it was, even in this trying era and just as the disciples faced persecution in the early church, all church members should still be catered for and none should go hungry. The church should have been a shining beacon to other religion and even provide help to them if it was not extractive. I see no better way to evangalize than helping say a muslim or hindu in their time of need to meet basic necessities in this trying times. The church should have had a supply chain in place of reaching the poor and vulnerable in the COVID era if that had been their major focus all along. The govt should actually be reaching out to the church to use the church's mastery of the supply chain helping vulnerable people to distribute it's palliatives to Nigeria at large. The Nigerian church would have been an essential service.

Finally, what I will advice David Oyedepo to do rather than clamouring for the opening of his "non-essential" church is to take one of his multiple private jets (that we said were not needed then but people said who are we to question their G.O), and get Nigeria an airload of testkits, masks and other PPEs from China. So we can get out of this mess quickly.
Stick to the issue, this isnt about tithes
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by mumu9gerian: 8:11pm On May 07, 2020
abtogroup:

Can you see yourself, you would have made a lot of sense if you don't insult papa, but you really sound f.oolish right now. And the way am looking at you, you are dead on arrival.
Funny you, Oyedepo thug, defender of Papa
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by mumu9gerian: 8:14pm On May 07, 2020
Mizwisdom:
He's very right. If NAS can resume and offices are open, also Markets, what is the rational behind keeping the Church closed? I can understand primary & secondary schools being closed but I just can't understand why the insistence on keeping Churches closed if not satan agenda
Lol Satans agenda indeed, you peoe are truly funny
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by mumu9gerian: 8:15pm On May 07, 2020
Mizwisdom:

If you have a house but your children expect you to visit them instead what will you do?

You are foolish

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Therapyken(m): 8:19pm On May 07, 2020
Candoit:

Sleep...
because you said so?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by tollyboy5(m): 8:25pm On May 07, 2020
Tissaia:
I noticed Igbo and yoruba are dragging themselves Lol, some are saying Amala is better than pounded yam, Semo and garri Ijebu, someone said Bishop oyedepo is Mbah and bankyW’s father lmao grin

I'm actually not interested in all these talks, I just want you to know that I'm here

PS. there's research conducted on atheist, all of them failed lie detector test when asked wether they believe God exist or not. The problems with atheist, they're angry with God for some reason best known to them. They're always paranoid, always arguing about God. They talked about God more than any religious person.
Lol says who? The atheist you met? Do you know how many thousand of them don’t argue or discuss?
You see some go to mosque and attend church services with no hatred.
I do tell people my children would follow my wife’s religion, I don’t have issues with religion.
Many atheist got to understand a lot of things before becoming atheist but not all. You need to think in like being in the quantum world to understand this.
The world is actually still a mystery uncovered tho
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Thomthom(m): 8:26pm On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential
Bros you can stay one full month without praying you no go die.. But you can't stay for a week with out Food.. let's be realistic abeg
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Thomthom(m): 8:31pm On May 07, 2020
igbokwenu90:
grin grin grin..... Tithes don tightening up grin grin grin
Apostle Suleiman shared 2k for me sha
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by maasoap(m): 8:32pm On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential

Nobody was prevented from praying. Just don't gather people from different communities under one roof
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by ayodejisure: 8:33pm On May 07, 2020
archdon:
He donated or the church donated? Trust me there is a difference.

The money donated belonged to the church last time I checked that's me, my "sane father" and you buddy.
When I give to pple( whom I assume u know are "Nigeria"wink its not from tithes and offering.

So don't ,come here lecturing me on what he donated and what he has done for this country.
And what he or the church donated does not excuse the "how else can I discribe it without using the words" foolish comment

Whether the church donated or he donated, he's the one in charge of the church and what the church gives he approved. Whatever you like say my point is * stop calling men of God all manners of derogatory names!*
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by maasoap(m): 8:35pm On May 07, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:
Mr Oyedepo, now more than ever, the Nigerian Church has shown it's self to be extremely non-essential. At the start of the year all the Nigerian churches proclaimed that 2020 would be our year, a year of GREAT HEALTH, GREAT WEALTH AND MAGNIFICENT BLESSINGS.

Well so far 2020 has been awful, and Nigeria and the world are staring at a recession/depression. So pastors of Nigeria, why didn't you people foresee this pandemic? Why are you not healing the sick COVID-19 patients? It just goes to show you all that their miracle shows are carefully choreographed drama shows.

Post COVID-19 expect empty seats in your churches, the people are waking up .

You will be surprised
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Ifebazz(m): 8:36pm On May 07, 2020
So this guy is really this greedy? angry

Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6kHnwuJys
IT'S WRONG TO ALLOW PEOPLE IN MARKET FOR 6 HOURS AND NOT ALLOW PEOPLE IN CHURCH FOR 2 HOURS- OYEDEPO
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by ayodejisure: 8:39pm On May 07, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:

You mean giving to man, helping them buy flashy private jets, helping them build mansions, helping them build hospitals and schools their congregants will never be able to attend?

Wake up brother, its not to late to get out from the sunken state cry

Why do you bother so much about me and about where I choose to be. Can't you face front and beg God for your life. Listen to me if you care to hear, I'm not saying you should not say whatever you like but mind what you say and stop calling men of God all manners of derogatory names!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by mumu9gerian: 8:39pm On May 07, 2020
highflyer012020:

you are a foolish and ignorant, for addressing Bishop Oyedepo. the more you isolate and prevent the church from gathering, the more the number of covid 19 continue to rise. the better the government understand that corporate prayer is a pancea to stop the plague the better. medical workers are even victims of convid 19, but when corporate prayers is permitted. God take over.

i know wisdom is far from you cos you reason from your anus, you will still disagree with me

Ode!!!, so its only in Nigeria that cases will contiue to rise because of physical distancing measures.
Say it out where you and ask anyone close to you how you sound.
They will call you whay you are
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 07, 2020
ayodejisure:

Why do you bother so much about me and about where I choose to be. Can't you face front and beg God for your life. Listen to me if you care to hear, I'm not saying you should not say whatever you like but mind what you say and stop calling men of God all manners of derogatory names!

Last time I checked, it was still a semi-free-Democratic country and everyone is allowed an opinion. Gone are the days of the Religious Dictators. People are waking up from their slumber.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by WEALTHOLA: 8:44pm On May 07, 2020
Is it only in church or mosque one can call on God ? God is everywhere and you can pray in your house and God will answer your prayer .
But you need to put physical food into your stomach to stay alive and stay safe
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 07, 2020
maasoap:

You will be surprised

I hope not.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by desiredhome: 8:51pm On May 07, 2020
gymer:
I know this topic will reach 20 pages because idle and lazy Nigerian youths derive pleasure from insulting men of God and the things that pertain to God. Put a topic around science, technology, IA, investment, etc; you will not see up to 5 pages. No wonder the country is this backward. Channel your energy to things that will add value to you and humanity. Bishop Oyedepo has done more for himself, this country and humanity than most of you wasting your time on his personal opinion which he is entitled to.
People are seeing the scam in his Church and are condeming it doesn't make them lazy rather it's people like you that believe everything Papa Say Papa say that is lazy because you refused to reason with your brain......he ended up embarrassing himself the more ...he feels he is above the government and can do anyhow..... there is no sense in what he had said really....
He is one of the biggest problem Nigeria have today and religion is one of the reasons Africa is backward today

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Dabliss02(m): 9:00pm On May 07, 2020
Make una leave this Baba alone oo... Am leaving
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by dapadawee: 9:00pm On May 07, 2020
Chosen1984:
Amen!
thanks amen o
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by calculator123(m): 9:14pm On May 07, 2020
Temysteve:
You called a whole man of God foolish!!!! even if you don't knw him or you aren't from his church, or u aren't a Christian, such words are not suppose to come of your mouth. you've already cursed yourself, u don't need anybody to placed a curse on your. I'm not talking about not having money or being a broke a$$ nigga wondering the street looking tattered, but with such word to a man of God, you've already shattered your life, is better you go and beg God for forgiveness. You'll just be blabbing upandan with ur stupId mouth as if you can tell the man facially. I see you lack moral etiquette, so Barbaric and a retard€d old fool... Don't worry the society will teach you the right thing, sho lo stupid ni...

You ended up abusing him too, so no much difference between you both. Just because he did it to your beloved MOG doesn't make it different.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by darlenese(f): 9:15pm On May 07, 2020
Chosen1984:

How many people today spend time with GOD in their Closest?

How many people today open their bibles in their closest to read or even pray?

You will be shocked to see the number of Bible's that will be in dust today!

The Church is the body of Christ! It's not just the building! It represents a place where people go to Meet GOD.

So if a Government can open up the Markets and still shut down the places that Represents GOD , it's tells you where their affection is!

It's is Great Foolishness!

Let's see the Solutions!

You don't Isolate GOD and Expect to have Solution

Dont bring God into this , again the church is not a place where people go to worship God . the people is the church the bible talked about .

A lot of pastors have been brainwashing their members ,this is the time we all have to go to our bible to get the truth .

BTW

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Zodiac61(m): 9:20pm On May 07, 2020
highflyer012020:

you are a foolish and ignorant, for addressing Bishop Oyedepo. the more you isolate and prevent the church from gathering, the more the number of covid 19 continue to rise. the better the government understand that corporate prayer is a pancea to stop the plague the better. medical workers are even victims of convid 19, but when corporate prayers is permitted. God take over.

i know wisdom is far from you cos you reason from your anus, you will still disagree with me

How many covid-19 victims have been cured by prayer?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 07, 2020
Thomthom:
Apostle Suleiman shared 2k for me sha
.... He is using that to attract more Tithes and Money Seeds PLANTING grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Semaj77(m): 9:33pm On May 07, 2020
Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6kHnwuJys
IT'S WRONG TO ALLOW PEOPLE IN MARKET FOR 6 HOURS AND NOT ALLOW PEOPLE IN CHURCH FOR 2 HOURS- OYEDEPO

This man should just shut up
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 07, 2020
Temysteve:
[s]You called a whole man of God foolish!!!! even if you don't knw him or you aren't from his church, or u aren't a Christian, such words are not suppose to come of your mouth. you've already cursed yourself, u don't need anybody to placed a curse on your. I'm not talking about not having money or being a broke a$$ nigga wondering the street looking tattered, but with such word to a man of God, you've already shattered your life, is better you go and beg God for forgiveness. You'll just be blabbing upandan with ur stupId mouth as if you can tell the man facially. I see you lack moral etiquette, so Barbaric and a retard€d old fool... Don't worry the society will teach you the right thing, sho lo stupid ni.[/s]..
he is a foolish nearly blind fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Niorte: 9:34pm On May 07, 2020
Zooposki:
Never knew Oyedepo was this foolish. He should be advocating for them to open up schools and essential businesses before his yeye church. All this money hungry pastors sef.
I had always thought you were wise, never knew you are this STUP1D!

To call a servant of God foolish is the height of stupidity.

By the way, if we are to debate logically, it makes no sense to ask market/businesses to open but the Church should be closed down!

Is Corona virus more effective in the church than in the market?

Is the church more disorganised than the market?

If they can allow people to go to work, to enter public bus, if they can allow people to go to market and offices but cannot allow church services to hold then their brains are malfunctioning.

Church is one of the most organised setting. Aside the praise and worship/offering sessions there is no moving around. The church can afford to do social distancing, provide nose mask for all her members.

What am I even typing? Whoever supports that market can open while the church should be closed lacks but logic and common sense
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Semaj77(m): 9:37pm On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential

Food is the only essential of the 2 , without food you'll die within a week but you can live a lifetime without prayer or God
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by StrikeBack(m): 9:38pm On May 07, 2020
willyben:
And all who are insulting pastors ur end has come also, continue and see!!!
Which end is that. Get sense na
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 07, 2020
Zodiac61:

How many covid-19 victims have been cured by prayer?
look! shocked
he said "corporate prayers" not any other type of prayers.
Only corporate prayers in the HOUSE OF GOD god will make him have compassion and send his bataillon of angel gaybriel and angel mygirl to cure COVID19 grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Isaac, Bishop Oyedepo's Son, Resigns From Living Faith Church / Prophet Odumeje Was Slapped & Beaten By Security During His Church Demolition / Pornographic Films Shot In Catholic Church Without Permission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.