Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,917 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church (78277 Views)

RCCG Refused To Allow A Lady Enter Their Premises Due To Her Dressing (Video) / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Candoit: 4:44pm On May 07, 2020
Therapyken:
it doesn't matter. Afterall people make unreasonable comments here and get many likes.

I believe u misunderstood my comment.
His number of likes is 666.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Smhaykins(m): 4:45pm On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential

Can't u pray at home?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by dapadawee: 4:45pm On May 07, 2020
Chosen1984:

Digital Evangelist! Well done!

Some of us decide to be local Evangelist !

It's all to the Glory of GOD!

Bringing Souls into the Kingdom is the Most Important!

Having said that Let me conclude with this

No Genuie Child of GOD would be Comfortable with the Church being shut down. No Matter what you are !

If you are Comfortable with it, then you have a Problem! If an ordinary Virus could get you to be like this then if a Major Persecution breaks out you will be in hiding and giving Reasons why u are hiding!

If you are not Willing and Ready lose your life for doing GOD'S will you are still a joker Believer!

my simple question is how many souls have you won is it by gragra if you want to die for the gospel die in obedience and as a martyr not as a fool if you say you are winning souls what is adeboye olukoya kumuyi doing those people closed there church because they are wise people understand the times a time to fight and a time to make peace. you are saying you want to win soul when your own soul is lost in disobedience even evangelist mouka of the chosen charismatic close down church how many demons you done see pls my question is simple how many souls have you won you are lost you are not even getting the simple truth in the gospel right Abba. no one is scared of the pandemic but we are obeying the gospel. we know this thing is not done against the church if anyone say don't preach Jesus I can die for that but not the one that is said to protect the world at large
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by dapadawee: 4:50pm On May 07, 2020
Chosen1984:

Digital Evangelist! Well done!

Some of us decide to be local Evangelist !

It's all to the Glory of GOD!

Bringing Souls into the Kingdom is the Most Important!

Having said that Let me conclude with this

No Genuie Child of GOD would be Comfortable with the Church being shut down. No Matter what you are !

If you are Comfortable with it, then you have a Problem! If an ordinary Virus could get you to be like this then if a Major Persecution breaks out you will be in hiding and giving Reasons why u are hiding!

If you are not Willing and Ready lose your life for doing GOD'S will you are still a joker Believer!

sorry I forgot you don't argue with every single one you see not to talk of the one you don't know I give in I surrender you win evangelist evangelism more anointing sir
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Reelmii: 4:52pm On May 07, 2020
bigzeru:

The spiritual race is individual, everyone read and interpret the bible differently. God is present everywhere, but how perceptive are you to God wen u are in ur house. Remember, there are times and season, how u understand it,determines how God will respond to u.
Dont forget the children of isaka in the bible.

NB; We Christians should be watchful of our words
the bible said where two or three are gathered there HE is in their mist, u dont need a crowd before God can hear u
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by redsun(m): 4:52pm On May 07, 2020
Mizwisdom:

It's good we agree on this. So why is the Church being gagged?

I don't think any sensible government will stop them from sensibly doing humanitarian works in these times of needs. And gathering to pray in numbers is not in any way a humanitarian work.

Set up for kitchens in church premises and feed as many people as possible, distribute PPEs, then you guys will be truly doing god's work.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by ElderLoLo: 4:52pm On May 07, 2020
We should remember Daniel in the Bible prayed in his house and God hear and answer his prayer. I pray we don't see war. What people think it will happen to places called place of worship.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Harrynight(m): 4:52pm On May 07, 2020
emmasege:
There are alternatives to 'church gathering' as individuals can still meet at family or house fellowship level. But there is no alternative to going to market. People must feed.

Abi Bishop will feed his flock (tens of thousands) with physical food after feeding them with spiritual food? Jesus did it, Bishop should also do it.

Bishop Oyedepo should announce free lunch for all worshippers on Sunday with an additional #5000 pocket money for indingent worshippers every Sunday.

And let no pastor sermonise worshippers to give. The giving should be voluntary and the poor should not be made to feel as if they sinned by not giving or that they are blocking their source of blessings by not paying tithe.

The gospel has gone beyond the elementary doctrines of tithing, giving and prosperity.

How would u want God to bless u, cos am asking Him to bless u immediately
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Alabaintprice(m): 4:53pm On May 07, 2020
Church will not feed you....
Your business will.

Secondly, must you worship God only in the church.
When did it become compulsory....

Did God tell them.that he is angry?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by NaijaAlien: 4:55pm On May 07, 2020
It means what is says WAYO WAYO�
Ejima1:

How do you mean church Wayo?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Therapyken(m): 5:04pm On May 07, 2020
Candoit:

I believe u misunderstood my comment. His number of likes is 666.
SO?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by jubrilELsudan: 5:07pm On May 07, 2020
THIS OYEDEPO MAN IS VERY STUPID.

CORONA FALL INSIDE HIS ANUS.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by chaloskyx: 5:10pm On May 07, 2020
what are you going to church to do by now all you Christians your home and your body should already serve as a vessel to communicate to God. so if you dont enter church you cant have any connection to God or what i dont understand. for your information all bishop is playing at is politics. we all know he has never liked buhari and is against any policy from this government i can bet you if it was a christian as a president he would not see a problem with the lock down. hes only trying to make Christians read another meaning to the lock-down. so if you like play along with his game thats you problem at this stage believe it or not you should be thinking of your individual survival cause guess what some people who are members of this church are ill or have passed away does it look like its bothering him what his bothered about is for his church service to be full. if you dont value any thing at least value your life very thing is not about your pastor. think for yourselves for once
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by ayodejisure: 5:11pm On May 07, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:

Nope. I stay home and keep my tithes and save my money. Continue being a religious slave and continue enriching pulpit pimps. It's your time and money you are wasting not mine grin

Is it your time or is it your money?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by colestephan86: 5:11pm On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Exactly, how can they allow people for 6 Hours in Market and not allow them for two hours in church
This is statement is half witted.
Your church is a confined space , the market isn't.
Is food commodities sold in your church?
One of the fastest ways of helping the virus spread is having people in confined space like the church.
The fact that these people are your leaders doesn't mean u should absorbs all the comments they make.
The last time oyakilome sat next to a doctor and he was spoonfeeding him nonsense , and the idiot was nodding in agreement to the gibberish he was saying.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by truthstands01: 5:12pm On May 07, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Church wayo is non essential right now...persin pray from home.
Because you may not know who God is and the benefits of going to His house. Stay off.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by learner007(m): 5:13pm On May 07, 2020
Zooposki:
Never knew Oyedepo was this foolish. He should be advocating for them to open up schools and essential businesses before his yeye church. All this money hungry pastors sef.

Even if you have stopped going to church, did you also stop going to school? Where are your morals? You dont have to insult people to make your point. Oya delete the first sentence and submit again. Good boy!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by MrLankeeee(m): 5:16pm On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential

Only the prayers you make in church is answered Abi?
The one you pray in your house doesn’t get to heaven Abi?

Stop being a pastor follower
Be a follower of Christ.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by ayodejisure: 5:19pm On May 07, 2020
archdon:
Is he ur father? I didn't call him foolish but dat doesn't mean he isn't for making a comment like dat. He's for all intent and purposes inciting pple to the death knowing fully well that some pple would risk their lifes and go to church just cos he made a comment like dat.

Many pple have died as a result of this virus, many more would die. Comments like dis will inevitably add to the body count. Dont forget that this are pple not just statistics.

He's not my biological father but he's old enough to be. If you think he's foolish for what he says, what do you have to say about the people you elected that brought you into this mess ? You are bunch of hypocrites
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by archdon: 5:25pm On May 07, 2020
One has nothing to do with the other. You are deflecting from the subject matter "Oyedepo's comment" that we both agree is less dan ideal. But should discribe using other words other that foolish

ayodejisure:

He's not my biological father but he's old enough to be. If you think he's foolish for what he says, what do you have to say about the people you elected that brought you into this mess ? You are bunch of hypocrites
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Mrblaq1990: 5:28pm On May 07, 2020
Is it a must you get to church before you can pray to God?
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 07, 2020
ayodejisure:

Is it your time or is it your money?

Nope. You cannot buy salvation.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 07, 2020
ayodejisure:

Are you a relative? Ayo Deji Oyedepo? You are heavily invested in trying to convince the critics that Nigerian pastorprenours are honourable men grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Mizwisdom(f): 5:34pm On May 07, 2020
redsun:

I don't think any sensible government will stop them from sensibly doing humanitarian works in these times of needs. And gathering to pray in numbers is not in any way a humanitarian work.

Set up for kitchens in church premises and feed as many people as possible, distribute PPEs, then you guys will be truly doing god's work.

Good, of course that will be part of it but just like honor is paid to whom it is due in any meeting, they shouldn't be stopped if they decide to pray briefly and give honor to God before sharing food. Secondly, congregation are the ones who will contribute to such emergency food banks and they has to be a meeting point to discuss such emergency response reactions.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by jacksol(m): 5:34pm On May 07, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:
Mr Oyedepo, now more than ever, the Nigerian Church has shown it's self to be extremely non-essential. At the start of the year all the Nigerian churches proclaimed that 2020 would be our year, a year of GREAT HEALTH, GREAT WEALTH AND MAGNIFICENT BLESSINGS.

Well so far 2020 has been awful, and Nigeria and the world are staring at a recession/depression. So pastors of Nigeria, why didn't you people foresee this pandemic? Why are you not healing the sick COVID-19 patients? It just goes to show you all that their miracle shows are carefully choreographed drama shows.

Post COVID-19 expect empty seats in your churches, the people are waking up.
Some people are waking up. Most can't because they are missing brains.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Arewa1408: 5:40pm On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential

Is it only in Church that God answers prayers?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by ayodejisure: 5:44pm On May 07, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:

Are you a relative? Ayo Deji Oyedepo? You are heavily invested in trying to convince the critics that Nigerian pastorprenours are honourable men grin
Yes I'm a relative if you care to know, We belong to the same family of God.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by onmyowncj: 5:45pm On May 07, 2020
Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6kHnwuJys
IT'S WRONG TO ALLOW PEOPLE IN MARKET FOR 6 HOURS AND NOT ALLOW PEOPLE IN CHURCH FOR 2 HOURS- OYEDEPO
this has made govt know they can deal with religious organization with out issues,more of this against religious organization to come in the future
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by ayodejisure: 5:47pm On May 07, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:

Nope. You cannot buy salvation.

Christ paid for my salvation already.... You should not tell me not to waste my time and money, afterall it's mine not yours. Giving to God's work is not a waste, I can choose how I want to spend my time and money.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by okiaso(m): 5:53pm On May 07, 2020
It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church for 2 hours - Bishop Oyedepo.

What's your opinion?
https://oki.ng/1159/its-wrong-to-allow-people-in-market-and-not-in-church-for-2-hours-bishop-oyedepo

--
Welcome to Oki.ng, where you can ask questions and receive opinions from other members of the community.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by ayodejisure: 5:54pm On May 07, 2020
archdon:
One has nothing to do with the other. You are deflecting from the subject matter "Oyedepo's comment" that we both agree is less dan ideal. But should discribe using other words other that foolish

My point is that you should stop disrespecting men of God, it's getting too much, you can oppose whatever they say or criticize them but not to the point of calling him a foolish man. The same man you called foolish donated so much to fight Covid-19, and he has always been doing so much in this country. what has your sane father donated ?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 07, 2020
ayodejisure:

Christ paid for my salvation already.... You should not tell me not to waste my time and money, afterall it's mine not yours. Giving to God's work is not a waste, I can choose how I want to spend my time and money.

That's fine bro, you do you, Nigeria is still sort of a free country wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

COZA Members Mock Protesters: We Were In Church Laughing Our Eyes Out (Photos) / Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) / Stephanie Otobo "Apostle Suleman Told Me To Make False Confession Against FG"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.