Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,971 members, 7,814,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church (78155 Views)

RCCG Refused To Allow A Lady Enter Their Premises Due To Her Dressing (Video) / Pastor And Masquerade Go Toe-To-Toe While 'Evangelizing' In Market Place / Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Seetto: 8:55am On May 07, 2020
Adiola:
Yoruba churches no Biafran will come to that useless Yoruba church
No be yoruba Muslim again, na yoruba churches, the day Yoruba christains will play to your script which I strongly doubt, that day they will realised what people yanmuri are made of..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by xreal: 8:55am On May 07, 2020
Oga, worship from home, GOD is everywhere.

If you are short of money to maintain your jets, sell one to maintain others.

8 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Faithful4real(m): 8:55am On May 07, 2020
Bishop David Oyedepo is giving out food to his member and some of you will say he is broke.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by wanger50(m): 8:55am On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Exactly, how can they allow people for 6 Hours in Market and not allow them for two hours in church
Aside from the markets being a necessity with little or no alternative, they are also open spaces and more permissible of social distancing. Papa Oyedepo should be handing out massive palliatives in times like this in line with Christ's teachings and examples. After all, he loves to boast about his being a billionaire

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by baysol: 8:56am On May 07, 2020
igbokwenu90:
grin grin grin..... Tithes don tightening up grin grin grin
Healers that went into hiding in the face of Covid 19. They are waiting for tithes to help pay parking fees for aircrafts they parked in various hangers during lockdown. Let me tell you the truth is your prayers in the inner recesses of your rooms are heard by God Almighty more than the prayers you've been praying precovid 19 which were all ruse till covid came unannounced. The tension is easing thanks to your private prayers. Vultures are also waiting to take your money by the vulnerability you imposed on yourself by not reading your bible and meditating on it and praying in your own as the Bible rightly prescribed for us all not listening to fantastic lies from pastors. Only for the wise.

11 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by DonUmeh(m): 8:56am On May 07, 2020
Fraudsters everywhere.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by ojeshola: 8:56am On May 07, 2020
go and heal all tge covid19 patients and see if churches would not be allowed again

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by armadeo(m): 8:57am On May 07, 2020
Abeg go siddon.

This annoyed me anyhow just now.

What rubbish.

I say again go siddon.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Savvy118: 8:57am On May 07, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential

U mean can't pray from home?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Temysteve(m): 8:58am On May 07, 2020
Zooposki:
Never knew Oyedepo was this foolish.
You called a whole man of God foolish!!!! even if you don't knw him or you aren't from his church, or u aren't a Christian, such words are not suppose to come of your mouth. you've already cursed yourself, u don't need anybody to placed a curse on your. I'm not talking about not having money or being a broke a$$ nigga wondering the street looking tattered, but with such word to a man of God, you've already shattered your life, is better you go and beg God for forgiveness. You'll just be blabbing upandan with ur stupId mouth as if you can tell the man facially. I see you lack moral etiquette, so Barbaric and a retard€d old fool... Don't worry the society will teach you the right thing, sho lo stupid ni...

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Seetto: 8:58am On May 07, 2020
babadee80:
i do not also see any reason why people would b allow to go market and stop people from going to church. It doesnt add up
Bro God is everywhere, pray from home.

abi you want catch coro cool
I don't understand what the pastors are waiting for, they should mobilize to isolation centres and start performing miracles.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by osusuallstars: 8:59am On May 07, 2020
Where two or three people are gathered in my name , I am there says the Lord.
Therefore God is everywhere. Worship in your homes.Oyedepo is only concerned about lost tithes and offerings

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by gbemmyjoseph(m): 8:59am On May 07, 2020
Let us see it from every angle. They receive money from all angles not only offering go back to your bible DANIEL 3:16-18 and see where our religious leader are at fault. W
LordShiva97:
It seems like the tithes and offerings are drying up undecided

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Covidhunger20: 9:01am On May 07, 2020
If they open churches/mosques, nite clubs too must open.

Some of us worship twerking ladies, ladies on poles + liquor

8 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by darlenese(f): 9:01am On May 07, 2020
Chosen1984:
Very unwise and foolish thing to do

They feel they are wise but they don't know they are Foolish!

They isolate GOD ALMIGHTY and they still call on HIM for Help!

Foolish people!

The Church is not a building ,synagogue ,cathedral or temple , check bible Jesus never referred to any of these as church . A church is a gathering of people who believe in Christ . don't the brainwashed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by yemluc: 9:01am On May 07, 2020
emmasege:
There are alternatives to 'church gathering' as individuals can still meet at family or house fellowship level. But there is no alternative to going to market. People must feed.

Abi Bishop will feed his flock (tens of thousands) with physical food after feeding them with spiritual food? Jesus did it, Bishop should also do it.

Bishop Oyedepo should announce free lunch for all worshippers on Sunday with an additional #5000 pocket money for indingent worshippers every Sunday.

And let no pastor sermonise worshippers to give. The giving should be voluntary and the poor should not be made to feel as if they sinned by not giving or that they are blocking their source of blessings by not paying tithe.

The gospel has gone beyond the elementary doctrines of tithing, giving and prosperity.

Bishop has been feeding tens of thousand even bfr u were born. Olodo

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Hoodbilonia: 9:02am On May 07, 2020
Soon he go sell him cars n landed property
Covid 19 till 2025

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by izubext007: 9:02am On May 07, 2020
all ways talking for him self. he own one of the biggest market (church) in Nigeria where people buy AMEN through offering tithing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by dazzlingd(m): 9:02am On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential

And how many had died from not praying, use your number 6

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by richee123(m): 9:02am On May 07, 2020
emmasege:
There are alternatives to 'church gathering' as individuals can still meet at family or house fellowship level. But there is no alternative to going to market. People must feed.

Abi Bishop will feed his flock (tens of thousands) with physical food after feeding them with spiritual food? Jesus did it, Bishop should also do it.

Bishop Oyedepo should announce free lunch for all worshippers on Sunday with an additional #5000 pocket money for indingent worshippers every Sunday.

And let no pastor sermonise worshippers to give. The giving should be voluntary and the poor should not be made to feel as if they sinned by not giving or that they are blocking their source of blessings by not paying tithe.

The gospel has gone beyond the elementary doctrines of tithing, giving and prosperity.

Bros. If that was truly the case, then why didn't the Government say it verbertim that churches are allowed to operate in small gatherings, eh? Why didn't they?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Bruno3000(m): 9:02am On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential
prayer can be done any where fool.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Urchman200: 9:02am On May 07, 2020
Oyidepo no dey fall my abeg ,I am one of ur supporters, when have church become an essential service?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Dcartel(m): 9:03am On May 07, 2020
Bobgattii:
ogbu don dey blow some people,, no offering n tithe 4 d past 10 Sundays now.

I dey tell you bro, you know the 100s of millions wey him for don cash out since? Him nor fit dey bill Dem like usual again from online service na wetin dey pain am

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by StrikeBack(m): 9:03am On May 07, 2020
Temysteve:
You called a whole man of God foolish!!!! even if you don't knw him or you aren't from his church, or u aren't a Christian, such words are not suppose to come of your mouth. you've already cursed yourself, u don't need anybody to placed a curse on your. I'm not talking about not having money or being a broke a$$ nigga wondering the street looking tattered, but with such word to a man of God, you've already shattered your life, is better you go and beg God for forgiveness. You'll just be blabbing upandan with ur stupId mouth as if you can tell the man facially. I see you lack moral etiquette, so Barbaric and a retard€d old fool... Don't worry the society will teach you the right thing, sho lo stupid ni...
see this foolish man defending a very foolish fraudulent man

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by lapo(m): 9:04am On May 07, 2020
Because church is also a market place?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by festyese: 9:04am On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential

We can pray at home

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by mumu9gerian: 9:05am On May 07, 2020
Temysteve:
what a shallow thinking, you only know what you know
If his thinking is shallow in your opinion, your own thinking is worse

8 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by PHijo(m): 9:05am On May 07, 2020
emmasege:

There are alternatives to markets, any public gathering can cause the spread. What the government should have done is home supply of the basics or 100k per bvn cash payment prior to a complete lockdown.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by watchindelta(m): 9:05am On May 07, 2020
Even the people that introduced Christianity to us are still lockdown! Even pope they house, everyone they house. Are Nigerians more Christian than the other Christians in the world? Or na witch dey worry some of who na? Am outa here.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:05am On May 07, 2020
babadee80:
i do not also see any reason why people would b allow to go market and stop people from going to church. It doesnt add up

What doesn't add up here?

I don't know how going to church is essential when you can pray and hold a church with your family right there in the comfort of your homes. Even if it is just you alone, you can still study your Bible and pray. God is everywhere. As long as you are sincere, He will answer.

Church attendance is a mere duty. It is not part of the requirements for making heaven.

As for markets, people need to shop. It is not like prayer that they can do in the comfort of their homes.

It is very clear that you people are yet to come to terms with the reality of the deadly Covid-19. If not, you will not be equating going to church with going to market.

Maybe if Nigeria's case was as terrible as Italy's, many of you will understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by HallaDaTruth: 9:05am On May 07, 2020
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 9:06am On May 07, 2020
[s]
darlenese:

The Church is not a building ,synagogue ,cathedral or temple , check bible Jesus never referred to any of these as church . A church is a gathering of people who believe in Christ . don't the brainwashed
[/s]
Ignorance is your problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Isaac, Bishop Oyedepo's Son, Resigns From Living Faith Church / Prophet Odumeje Was Slapped & Beaten By Security During His Church Demolition / Stephanie Otobo "Apostle Suleman Told Me To Make False Confession Against FG"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.