Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,915 members, 7,821,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends (495 Views)

Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry / Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So / Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends by adem30: 5:43pm On May 06, 2020
The Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development has placed the mother of late Super Eagles striker, Rashidi Yekini, Alhaja Sikiratu, on a monthly stipend of N10,000.

Mr Olaitan Shittu, a representative of the Minister of Sports, Mr Sunday Dare, disclosed this at Ijagbo, near Offa in Kwara on Wednesday, when he donated Ramadan gifts on behalf of the minister to the aged mother.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the minister donated the sum of N50,000 as part of the Ramadan gifts to Yekini’s mother.

Some of the items donated with the cash included a 50 kg bag of rice, 10 kg bag of wheat and six tins of Milo beverage drink.

Shittu explained that it was not the first time the minister was reaching out to Alhaja Yekini as he was also at her residence in September, 2019.

Rashidi Yekini’s mother

He said that the Ministry would also be extending the same gesture to the mother of late Super Eagles player, Samuel Okwaraji.

Responding, Alhaja Yekini, who spoke in her local dialect (Yoruba), thanked the minister and prayed fervently for him.

“I have been abandoned for a long time and have not seen any help from anyone.

READ ALSO: Yekini remembered eight years after mystery death
“I was hospitalised for few days some months ago and I did catered for myself despite scarce resources: even last month, I received treatment from the hospital.

“I need help from Nigerians, but this minister has done very well, especially remembering me in this holy month of Ramadan.

“Since my son died, it has been very tough for me because I do not have any help from people.

“Rashidi’s siblings are not doing well too, so, I was left to struggle for life everyday,” she said.

NAN recalls that late Yekini died eight years ago in Ibadan after retiring from football.

His professional career spanned more than two decades and was mainly associated with Vitória de Setúbal in Portugal.

Besides playing for Nigeria, Yekini also played in six other countries including Ivory Coast.

Yekini scored 37 goals as a Nigerian international from 58 games and represented the nation in five major tournaments, including two World Cups where he scored the country’s first-ever goal in the competition against Bulgaria in the USA ’94 World Cup.

He was also named the African Footballer of the Year in 1993.

(NAN)

https://l.?u=https%3A%2F%2Fthenationonlineng.net%2Fsports-ministry-places-late-rashidi-yekinis-mother-on-monthly-stipend%2F&h=AT3rQWYlA98pbOoZjQVEygBEuqcEFO7XajJtlp2NEtyZ6krhhwtxqzxjb8uMWD_cBhAsNJRDDDQuOXK_6jz2YPX_P05eke2NnH8eWtkq2UV6DcqF5UNsgaYFOy0fFPoieIBTakI.

Re: Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends by gaby(m): 5:45pm On May 06, 2020
I know some will come here to say "at all at all na him bad".

This is some $30 or less and they are so proud to make an announcement of it.

I don't even know what to comment on further.

Na turn by turn.

Shameless bastards.

I've had a personal encounter that made me lose every respect for that catterpillar headed Picnic or peak milk whatever his name is, but to see him presiding over this national shame truly beggars belief.

Tueh
Re: Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends by Simplyleo: 5:45pm On May 06, 2020
Very embarrassing.

If you don't want to give, nobody force you. But since you want to give, 10k is damn embarrassing from the Federal Govt. At least this is in recognition of her late son's role and performance while representing the country.

But 10k per month? No no no. Even an average Nigerian can comfortably handle that. undecided
Re: Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends by Ahmed0336(m): 5:46pm On May 06, 2020
On top N10,000 monthly stipends national dailies carry d matter? Dem just wan humiliate dis old woman.
Re: Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends by NwaNimo1(m): 5:47pm On May 06, 2020
What a shame...
Re: Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends by Simplyleo: 5:50pm On May 06, 2020
[s]
gaby:
I know some will come here to say "at all at all na him bad".

This is some $30 or less and they are so proud to make an announcement of it.

I don't even know what to comment on further.

Na turn by turn.
[/s]
The 10k monthly stipend from the fed govt is quite embarrassing. But the old woman is a Nigerian living in Nigeria not US. We earn and spend naira in Nigeria. All these unnecessary conversion to dollars is nothing but a glaring case of display of inferiority complex.
Re: Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends by ojun50(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2020
10k corona go visit una wet agree to dat amount
Re: Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends by Righteousness89(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
Very embarrassing.

If you don't want to give, nobody force you. But since you want to give, 10k is damn embarrassing from the Federal Govt. At least this is in recognition of her late son's role and performance while representing the country.

But 10k per month? No no no. Even an average Nigerian can comfortably handle that. undecided
[/s]

Who held your hands from doing it? Or u Just wanna be heard
Re: Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends by Simplyleo: 5:54pm On May 06, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]

Who held your hands from doing it? Or u Just wanna be heard
Yes, I just want to be heard. So now get out.
Re: Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends by DanseMacabre(m): 5:54pm On May 06, 2020
This is misapplication of taxpayers' funds if you ask me. undecided
Re: Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends by Righteousness89(m): 5:57pm On May 06, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

Yes, I just want to be heard. So now get out.
[/s]
Unfortunately u will not be heard! The topic is on front page already!

Pele!
Re: Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends by Simplyleo: 6:01pm On May 06, 2020
Righteousness89:

Unfortunately u will not be heard! The topic is on front page already!

Pele!
So have you deleted it?

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:03pm On May 06, 2020
10k only? For someone that die representing Nigeria very bad angry Nigeria really need governor ifeanyi okowa to transform Nigeria system for good cool
Re: Nigeria Sport Ministry Places Rashidi Yekinni Aged Mother On Monthly Stipends by Ishilove: 6:05pm On May 06, 2020
What a country...

(1) (Reply)

How Ronaldo’s Body Structure Transformed In 12 Months / Top 10 Best Football Players 2020 / Peter Crouch Lists Premier League Title Challengers For Next Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.