Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Can Facebook Or Google Monopolized Zoom? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Facebook Or Google Monopolized Zoom? (559 Views)

Any Country Number For Verification Or Google Voice / Earn N300 Per Day With Himarac By Sharing Ads On Facebook Or Whatsapp / Should We Say Dollar Stumble Against Naira Or Google Is Hallucinating??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Facebook Or Google Monopolized Zoom? by chibestjerry(m): 9:37pm On May 06, 2020
Can Facebook or Google Monopolized Zoom?

If there's one company the pandemic has sky rocked into a household name, it's Zoom. The video conferencing platform has recently become a hub for businesses gathering, workout classes and even weddings. Well, that has attracted the attention of some of the world's biggest companies, including Facebook and Google.

Zoom Competitors

The two giant companies are now gunning for Zoom by adding more creativity to their own group videos apps, these has raised questions if they can successfully corner Zoom's by leveraging on the huge advantages they hold in scale and already existing user loyalty.

Google announced last week that its video conferencing tool for businesses called Google Meet, will now be free to everyone with an email address, it can occupy up to 100 people to meet for as long as they want.

Facebook also, recently announced its new service called Messenger Rooms, which doesn't need a Facebook account and can occupy up to 50 people to meet virtually for as long as they want.

Facebook which has a history of reproducing popular features of its contenders and turning them into successful products given its scale. For instance, its introduction of Instagram Stories was broadly viewed as an answer to Snapchat.

By assessment, Zoom's free tier allows 100 people to meet for up to 40 minutes at a time. To measure its growing success, Zoom (ZM) has turned to a metric known as "daily meeting participants," which means the number of people Zoom hosts in meetings during a given day.

Zoom announced last week that it hosted 300 million meeting participants each day, up from 200 million per day in March, signifying intense growth.
Google (Google Meet) wasnt left behind, it said last week that it had hit 100 million daily meeting participants.

Facebook (Messenger Rooms) said in its announcement that between Messenger Room and WhatsApp, 700 million accounts already participate in video calls each day.

Facebook is already leading with a massive figure. That has already make them a massive competitor to Zoom with a large, built-in audience and a strong consumer brand. Zoom is really in for a big race to stay relevant in the industry.

That means that the competition of who will grab the throne of virtual video conference has been set. The growing competition will give consumers more choices for group video calls.

Laura Martin, an industry analyst at Needham & Co said, "It's more likely that Facebook will be successful than Google, based on Google's track record of late entries into other companies' businesses, where its results have been anemic."

Although many experts say video conferencing differs from pure social networking, where how many of your friends are also using the same service matters more.

What do you think about the contenders, which of the company do you think will emerge as the front runner of video conference calls.

Source: https://www.buddiescent.com/2020/05/can-facebook-or-google-monopolized-zoom.html

Re: Can Facebook Or Google Monopolized Zoom? by MidaserveNG: 9:45pm On May 06, 2020
It's business as usual
Re: Can Facebook Or Google Monopolized Zoom? by 9icest: 10:24pm On May 06, 2020
I currently work for the organization in their Fresno, CA office. I manage analytics and Cortana.
Zoom was listed last week by NASDAQ and raises over $5billion in its IPO. Zoom although might not be as big as Facebook or Google but it doesn’t need these organizations. Facebook or Google will have to pay some serious mullah to acquire the company which I serisoisly doubt. With fresh funds, Zoom can become the future of video-conferencing, educational or recording tech.

1 Like

Re: Can Facebook Or Google Monopolized Zoom? by chibestjerry(m): 11:13am On May 07, 2020
MidaserveNG:
It's business as usual
the way its going facebook will definitely monopolized it
Re: Can Facebook Or Google Monopolized Zoom? by chibestjerry(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2020
9icest:
I currently work for the organization in their Fresno, CA office. I manage analytics and Cortana.
Zoom was listed last week by NASDAQ and raises over $5billion in its IPO. Zoom although might not be as big as Facebook or Google but it doesn’t need these organizations. Facebook or Google will have to pay some serious mullah to acquire the company which I serisoisly doubt. With fresh funds, Zoom can become the future of video-conferencing, educational or recording tech.

well i haven't heard any news stating that facebook or google wanted to acquire it, they just introduced a new level of Video conferencing platform and its really giving Zoom a run for its popularity... and again people are already suspecting Zoom for data thief... So i think of Zoom doesn't come up with something solid then they will lose their grip as the front runner
Re: Can Facebook Or Google Monopolized Zoom? by Latidoh1: 11:54am On May 07, 2020
No they cant.
Re: Can Facebook Or Google Monopolized Zoom? by chibestjerry(m): 2:44am On May 08, 2020
Latidoh1:
No they cant.
Reasons

(1) (Reply)

Ten Things You Need To Know About Grammarly. / Earn Dollars Monthly With Google Admob Using Your Android Or IOS Smart Phones / ** Opportunity To Be A Part Of The Future Now**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.