Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Top 10 Goddess Of The Ancient Hindu - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top 10 Goddess Of The Ancient Hindu (800 Views)

The Ooni Of Ife Wearing The Aare Crown As He Parades The Ancient Ife Town / Ayiri Emami Offers Coke, Fanta, Sardines And Bread To River Goddess -photo / Iya Olumo (Mother Goddess Of Olumo Rock) In Ogun State Turns 137 Years Old (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Goddess Of The Ancient Hindu by IdotG(m): 11:03pm On May 06, 2020
Hinduism has both masculine and feminine deities representing the supreme power of the universe, and all the major deities have both male and female counterparts. Hindu goddesses are the representation of Shakti, the feminine source of power in the universe. They are highly revered and powerful and play a central role in the creation, protection, and destruction of the universe. Here is a list of 10 Hindu goddesses who are the source of this power:

10. Radha

Radha, in Hinduism, the gopi (milkmaid) who became the beloved of the god Krishna during that period of his life when he lived among the gopas (cowherds) of Vrindavan . Radha was the wife of another gopa but was the dearest of Krishna’s consorts and his constant companion. In the bhakti (devotional) movement of Vaishnavism , the female, Radha, is sometimes interpreted as symbolizing the human soul and the male, Krishna, as symbolizing God.

The love of Krishna and Radha has been given expression in the lyrical poetry of many Indian languages, particularly Bengali. The Bengali saint Chaitanya was said to be an incarnation of both Krishna and Radha: he was Krishna on the inside and Radha on the outside. Chaitanya also composed many devotional poems celebrating the divine love, but they have not survived. The Gita Govinda , by Jayadeva , was a favourite source of inspiration for the later Rajasthani and Pahari miniature painters, in whose works Radha is seen waiting for Krishna to return with the cows in the twilight or sitting with him in a forest grove. The bronze images of Krishna playing the flute that are enshrined in temples are often accompanied, particularly in the northern and eastern parts of India, by images of his beloved Radha, and she too is worshipped.

9. Kamadhenu

https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=e761be32fb47756e386d42d8c5eb30c0&news_entry_id=s7664dfc2200505en_ng&open_type=transcoded&request_id=SUBSCRIBE_ITEM_197a75d2-d6b3-4040-ac92-f9c65677455a&from=news

1 Share

Re: Top 10 Goddess Of The Ancient Hindu by mrmanish109(m): 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
[quote author=IdotG post=89268232] Lord Krishna is the main deity of Indians. He is considered the eighth avatar of Lord Vishnu. Lord Krishna is also called Kanha, Keshava etc. He was born in an imprisonment in Mathura on Ashtami. His birthday is celebrated as Janmashtami. Lord Krishna and Radha are worshiped on this day. Here i am sharing a blog, in which you can find some of the best Radha Krishna Images, so follow the below blog.

Best Radha Krishna Images
Re: Top 10 Goddess Of The Ancient Hindu by tweasderd: 1:04pm On Aug 24, 2021
All these Gods are so beautiful embarassed
Re: Top 10 Goddess Of The Ancient Hindu by dettemanon(m): 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
Thank you very much for this list. I like to read about our mythology. It's always fascinating and helpful for memory. In addition, my friends adore our national mythology and often give me gifts related to the spiritual world. I also wanted to provide them with a pleasant surprise a couple of times, so I wanted to make a tapestry with Krishna that they could hang on the wall in their house. I was looking for a lot of exciting sites with pictures. If you are interested, this site attracted me immediately https://imagesday.com/festival/happy-krishna-janmashtami-images. There are many pics of our culture and many images for postcards and wishes for the holidays.
Re: Top 10 Goddess Of The Ancient Hindu by mrmanish109(m): 7:44pm On Aug 28, 2021
Like all other festivals, on this special occasion also people congratulate each other by sending greetings, GIFs, etc. to their loved ones. We have brought you some such Janmashtami messages, quotes, and wishes, which you can share with your friends and family. You can check out 200+ Janmashtami quotes and wishes here....

For more Janmashtami Wishes and Janmashtami Quotes

https://radhakrishnaimages.com/janmashtami-quotes-and-janmashtami-wishes-2021/

Re: Top 10 Goddess Of The Ancient Hindu by buildbrite: 4:09pm On Feb 28

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It Hard For Us To Help Each Others In Times Of Need? / Aboriginal Australian Art / Do You Think Encouraging Our Young Ones To Speak Our Mother Tongue Is Good?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.