Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? (11704 Views)

Poll: Who's More Difficult To Train?

Girls: 76% (114 votes)
Boys: 23% (35 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Are Girls More Closer To Their DAD Than MOM? / Is The Girls More Useful In The Home Than The Boys? / Girls Are More Caring Than Boys. Do You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 13, 2011
its subjective
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by paule: 11:02am On Jan 13, 2011
dappssee:

Well researchers seem to have a contrary opinion

http://www.sixwise.com/Newsletters/2008/July/16/Are-Girls-or-Boys-More-Difficult-to-Raise.htm

Maybe 9ja girls are just different

because girls tend to be more wary and compliant, they're also more likely to be insecure than boys ,  and may need an extra push to try out new things. And because girls are so in-tune with communication, when they reach their pre-teen and teenage years, you can expect much more drama. Girls, for instance, may talk back more than boys, and they may [b]experience harsher arguments [/b]with friends or emotional bullying at school.

Though this is not well researched piece cos it's centered on child education but ignored the extra moral instruction and care given to a girl, I still agree the bold words
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by legba1(m): 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2011
Obviously,the gurl child is more a burden to bring up than the male child.it takes extra care to make them look outstanding.you got to ensure the tab is kept on them,else your lli gurl is sharing the booty at every corner.they are way difficult than the boys to train
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by agbenyo: 1:22pm On Jan 13, 2011
boys are unfortunately more difficult to train than girls. boys eat more, destroy more furniture, bruise and fracture more, fight more than girl children. boys you all know mature slower than girls of the same age and leave their parents later than girls. only few girls still stay and depend on their parent at the age of 25 but most boys are still single and still serching for jobs at that age. girls tend to remember their aged parent more than we boys so what is your view? with me or against me
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 13, 2011
As a society, we've been conditioned to think that a girl is more difficult to train than a boy but I disagree. A girl not trained well can get pregnant at a time when it's not right and a boy at the same age can do drugs, and become a criminal.

Bottom line is raising a child has it's ups and downs. What you get depends on how much effort you put in in the first place.
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by Tsun(f): 3:13pm On Jan 13, 2011
With God, all things are possible. The bible said we should commit all our works to God, and He will establish it.
What ever happens i suggest that parents should commit the bringing up of their children to God Almighty,
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by Breezy04: 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2011
Gals are definitely mre difficult to train, Plus dey are more influenced by their peers,
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by Fynist(m): 4:39pm On Jan 13, 2011
Am not tryin 2 b chauvinistic.But girls are sure a weight on the shoulder.Check out the rate of teenage unwed mothers,its appalling.10-15yrs ago i would have said no.Jst ask your girlfriend what her past history are.
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by Coretalk(m): 4:43pm On Jan 13, 2011
At age 1- 12, girls are easier to train than boys

At 13- above. . . ,God help us

The trick is to make sure they are smart (make them difficult to manipulate) and get them into church activities
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by Fynist(m): 4:55pm On Jan 13, 2011
chi-baby:

I am of the view that boys are more difficult. They mature from about 25years eish. Even some at dat age don't know their left from their right itz pathetic. Girls mature faster and get their brains geared faster than boys, fact!
u know u r absolutely wrong.
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Jan 13, 2011
Core_talk:

At age 1- 12, girls are easier to train than boys

At 13- above. . . ,God help us

The trick is to make sure they are smart (make them difficult to manipulate) and get them into church activities

I kinda agree. With boys you just need energy to keep up to their pranks, They are more open and they forgive easily.

With girls they might be easier when young but as they group, their problems multiply.

We have even some women who dread having girls, I have never seen a man who doesnt want male children
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2011
Some parents also believe that while boys may be more "high-maintenance" physically, girls tend to be high-maintenance emotionally.

I would prefer the physical stress than the emotional stress. With physical you know the problem With emotional you try to guess and imagine what the problem is.

A boy By the time they spend the whole afternoon running around, In the night they flop in bed and sleep away atimes forgetting their dinner.

But girls, You have to wonder whats worrying her, What could have upset her? is it the food, the TV, the clothes you didnt buy her, her shape, Her friends, Her hair, Her brother, the bed she sleeps on TOO MUCH WAHALA
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by 1money: 6:35pm On Jan 13, 2011
Both are.
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by vislabraye(m): 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2011
When they reach their puberty, they can be difficult especially if they are raised by single mothers
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by freshera: 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2011
[b] @OP, children are a bundle to train, they can be trouble in their early days, boys or girls. but one thing is certain. most societies are male-dominated and most of your points are really some stereotypes established and sustained by a male-dominated society. it is why you see that most men avoid successful, intelligent and beautiful independent women. these ones were not given any extra-special girl-focused attention. i am sure they were given equal attention just like the boys.

Male-dominated societies are insecure of the fact that biologically, females mature much quicker than males the same age and this can pose a problem. so they give you that story that girls are harder to train so you need to buy em more clothes, give em money when they want and teach them to care about their looks (rather than intelligence) so they can find a husband easily and settle down to have kids give a girl equal footing as a boy child when growing up, chances are she'll be better off. guys always seem to rough their way through anything growing up, why not give a girl child the same benefit of doubt and train them equally[/b]

Don't I just love you Larger?
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by ARareGem(f): 9:12pm On Jan 13, 2011
Yes, girls are more difficult to train. It's not easy to provide for a girl's needs. But I thnk boys are more prone to mischief (of different kinds) . The thing is, boys can get away with it but for the girls. . . . they are not so lucky.
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by Jenifa1: 1:40am On Jan 14, 2011
most of your points are really some stereotypes established and sustained by a male-dominated society.

I agree.

dayokanu:

We have even some women who dread having girls, I have never seen a man who doesnt want male children

something funny is that in the US, the past three presidents have girls only.
clinton has one daughter
bush has two daughters
obama has two daughters

no sons!!
I can't imagine that for a nigerian "big man" to be ok with girls only. so I think it has to do with culture and society.
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by Jenifa1: 1:53am On Jan 14, 2011
ARareGem:

Yes, girls are more difficult to train. It's not easy to provide for a girl's needs. But I thnk boys are more prone to mischief (of different kinds) . The thing is, boys can get away with it but for the girls. . . . they are not so lucky.

I agree. we need to train our boys more. They are more prone to mischief because we take girls mischief more seriously and ignore the boys.

I think fathers need to participate and play a role in training their sons too especially after puberty since women may not be comfortable with this.
which is why boys get ignored and are allowed to do whatever they want especially if the dads are not too involved in their lives.

this is especially evident in western society where there are many single mothers among blacks. the boys get ignored a lot after puberty. they have no fathers to train them and they fall to the wayside academically and socially.
in my house, my dad disciplines my brothers more and my mom disciplined me more. that's why I find my dad nicer than my mom, and my brothers think the opposite. they think mom is nicer and dad is stricter.
that's where we get the phrases daddy's girl, mommy's boy. to me, it reflects the role of the parents in disciplining their kids.

one reason girls may be difficult to train is because of their physical needs - hair, clothing, sanitation etc. good for families with enough funds. lol
where as boys are difficult to train because of their gregarious behavior especially when they are very young - good for the father who wants boys. but bad for the mom who has to take care of them. i bet such women are prone to migranes lol
this can depend on personality too though. some girls are mischievous where as we will have boys that are well behaved. gender roles in society eventually come into play and shape the kids more.
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by MrRambo: 5:08am On Jan 14, 2011
Boys cost more financially in the first 10yrs of life i believe. The come back home with a broken arm, cut above the eye, broken someones windshield while playing ball etc.
But i believe girls are more generally emotional nd impressionable than guys sha. Because chinyere has a Blackberry bold 7 she also wants the same, wants brazillian weave, wants to always look and maintain a certain false standard. Im a UNILAG grad and the number of runs babes in that school alone is alarming. They come into LAG as sweet 16/17 yr olds wanting to "know", by their 2nd year they re schooling you a final yr chap.
I believe girls of that age are concerned about impressing both sexes- guys that see them around and their friends/ roommates.
I believe our ladies need to be better educated into believing they can be achievers without using their bodies. In school i sold shoes, at another time laptops, and books. I had friends who sold recharge cards, were graphic designers, organised shows etc. Of the 80+ females in my class, the ones who werent married to some IGWE(3) or SU (5 max); at least half the rest were SHARP RUNS BABES
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by Pettitegal(f): 6:08am On Jan 14, 2011
freshera:

[b] @OP, children are a bundle to train, they can be trouble in their early days, boys or girls. but one thing is certain. most societies are male-dominated and most of your points are really some stereotypes established and sustained by a male-dominated society. it is why you see that most men avoid successful, intelligent and beautiful independent women. these ones were not given any extra-special girl-focused attention. i am sure they were given equal attention just like the boys.

Male-dominated societies are insecure of the fact that biologically, females mature much quicker than males the same age and this can pose a problem. so they give you that story that girls are harder to train so you need to buy em more clothes, give em money when they want and teach them to care about their looks (rather than intelligence) so they can find a husband easily and settle down to have kids give a girl equal footing as a boy child when growing up, chances are she'll be better off. guys always seem to rough their way through anything growing up, why not give a girl child the same benefit of doubt and train them equally[/b]

GBAM good quote, I do agree to a large extent!
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by megastu(m): 7:33am On Jan 14, 2011
Boys or Girls, each has its own problems. Children are indeed difficult to train, the same way your parents trained you. For girls, you might be worried for them not to fall victim of rape etc, for guys, you might be worried not to be visiting the police station all the time. Whether boy or girl, thank God for giving your children and ask the lord for guidance in training them.

Parenthood could be very daunting but interesting.
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by freezy(m): 8:17am On Jan 14, 2011
You guys might just want to see what boys could get up to. . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-582578.0.html#msg7498172

Chie! Children Of Nowadays (i Am Shocked To The Bone Narrow) Mature Response Pls
« on: January 10, 2011, 01:55 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I usually do not share my personal problems on line but this one is beyond me and I seriously need advice. Also I have faith in the family section as been the only decent section on nland that give people reasonable advice. So all them Mature ladies ( chaircover, Outstrip, Jenny, Ifyalways, Sissy, Ujun etc) please I need ya all and everyone else.

There is a dilemma in my house right now and we are all stuck. Something terrible happend last night, My mom very very very best friend (they are like sisters) son came to sleep over, he is only 14yr, at the middle of the night, when everyone were sleeping around 12.30 to 1.00 mid-night, he quietly when into my sister room, according to her, she was fast at sleep, but she felt something cold rubbing her whole body from her waist down, she was was shocked to see it was him, unclothed, and ready to ra***pe her, this boy is like the most Innocent most cuttest sweetest respectful boy you will see very hard to believe, but I know my sis, she rarely lie. She is the blunt type, she may get in trouble but she never lies. So as surreal as it may be it is actually true. She said she caught him red heanded,slap him and sent him back to his room.

So it's morning here, and I have just been told this, I am sorry if am blaberring in my post, but i am still very shocked. Oh I forgot to say my sister is 28 yes 28!!! God I can not get over it, I used to admire this little boy so much. He actually has admitted to doing it, and he is still crying, he don't want us to tell his parents, cus his father is the hitler type, I swear to God he will kill his son if he gets to know, I know that man, We are kinda afraid to tell his parents, but then again my mom is thinking if we don't tell them, this despicable behaviour may just get worst as time go on.

So Mature people of nland I ask you please what do we do?
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by ifyalways(f): 9:20am On Jan 14, 2011
dayokanu:

I kinda agree. With boys you just need energy to keep up to their pranks, They are more open and they forgive easily.

With girls they might be easier when young but as they group, their problems multiply.

Me pls  cheesy and luckily,i am almost done . . .all boys.Thanks be to God.
I just don't want a girl child cos of all the pranks i played on my mum whilst growing up  shocked Ol'boy,i was extremely naughty . . .pretending to be a bad girl,acting preggie,littering my room with stubs of cigar. and all what not.Kai, if i have a girl that took after me,wahala go dey.
Btwn,for every bad girl out there . . .there's a bad boy somewhere as a partner.
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by queensmith: 10:12am On Jan 14, 2011
freshera:

beautiful. . . . .just beautiful *standing ovation*

to grow a decent nation i thinks its time we stopped limiting the girls and payed alot more attention to our sons.
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by food4tot: 10:57am On Jan 14, 2011
My opinion - girls need more attention once they get into puberty but both need love, care & good parental guidance. Boys are usually more troublesome but they become more level headed as they grow older. If parents let them roam the streets then the troublesomeness wont decrease with age.

@queensmith and freshera
freshera:

@OP, children are a bundle to train, they can be trouble in their early days, boys or girls. but one thing is certain. most societies are male-dominated and most of your points are really some stereotypes established and sustained by a male-dominated society. it is why you see that most men avoid successful, intelligent and beautiful independent women. these ones were not given any extra-special girl-focused attention. i am sure they were given equal attention just like the boys.

Male-dominated societies are insecure of the fact that biologically, females mature much quicker than males the same age and this can pose a problem. so they give you that story that girls are harder to train so you need to buy em more clothes, give em money when they want and teach them to care about their looks (rather than intelligence) so they can find a husband easily and settle down to have kids   give a girl equal footing as a boy child when growing up, chances are she'll be better off. guys always seem to rough their way through anything growing up, why not give a girl child the same benefit of doubt and train them equally

over-intelligent people probably lack social skills
hence successful males go for an easy target - a young girl
& successful females don't have the guts to do likewise

I don't think it has anything to do with male domination, could your basis of judgement be flawed?
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by queensmith: 11:14am On Jan 14, 2011
food4tot:

My opinion - girls need more attention once they get into puberty but both need love, care & good parental guidance. Boys are usually more troublesome but they become more level headed as they grow older. If parents let them roam the streets then the troublesomeness wont decrease with age.
this is the thing, boys need attention too! Just because girls are more emotional, doesnt mean a boys dont need to be tended to.
Boys should be coached when they reach puberty too- otherwise they take to the streets and become nuisances.
Just because girls have periods, that doesnt make her all of a sudden a sensitive fragile little mouse that needs to be 'handled with care'
The only reason most 'African' parents are soo concerned is because they think a girl out having sex, is 5million times worse than a boy out having sex.
Maybe if they trained their boys a little better they wont fear soo much.

food4tot:

@queensmith and freshera
I don't think it has anything to do with male domination, could your basis of judgement be flawed?
Theres no such thing as over intelligence, you can never be over intelligent
the lack of social skills is an african belief that also needs to be dispelled, Im guessing its an excuse people give when they lack intelligence.
Its not the lacking of social skills young men fear, its the actual intelligence, a man with confidence issues is not going to want a woman to be smarter than him. Esp if he was brought up in a household where they think girls are fragile little beings that just mope around when they grow breast!
If a boy is brought up in a house where the parents dont share this stereotypical ignorance, the boy will have smart sisters that dont mope and around. and will look for that in a partner!
its all about male domination, chauvinistic beleifs and utter ignorance.
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by Jenifa1: 11:34am On Jan 14, 2011

food4tot,
what do you mean by "over-intelligent"? undecided there is no such thing as over-intelligent.
Chimamanda Adichie is an example of an intelligent woman. She is married by the way and very successful.
We should be encouraging more girls to be like her. rather than training them on how to buy lace and throw owambe's. Socializing and materialism is not everything.
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by queensmith: 11:37am On Jan 14, 2011
Jenifa_:

food4tot,
what do you mean by "over-intelligent"? undecided there is no such thing as over-intelligent.
Chimamanda Adichie is an example of an intelligent woman. She is married by the way and very successful.
We should be encouraging more girls to be like her. rather than training them on how to buy lace and throw owambe's. Socializing and materialism is not everything.

ahhhh jenifa kiss kiss kiss kiss

you have touched an INCREDIBLE point!

sooo true!
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by morrisj: 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2011
Consequences for "mismanaging" the training of girls can be more serious than for boys , although I believe (my limited experience) girls tend to model other young girls in their lives, whereas boys look to adults for guides on how to behave
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by Cogent: 5:09pm On Jan 14, 2011
@post above me; Its not true that girls fall into peer pressure while boys take after adults, (as if they are immune to peer pressure). It goes both ways, for males and females. Some boys fall into peer pressure and some girls do same. Likewise, some girls take after adults and so do some boys. The foolish way of life is not limited to only girls, kwo?
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by Xionez(m): 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2011
LWKMD!!!!!!!!!

okay(wipes tears), i also agree. U know its a girl who needs more training cuz i hav to say at young age, they are exposed to many gullible tactics just to get them to do 'shity stuffs'by peers. but a guy can be let loose a little so as to build his street cred and to wise him up.

ive noticed that if a guy brings his pregnant gf, marriage jus simply follows it. But in the case of girls, its another thing entirely hence the need for further advanced training.

Just my 2 cents. . .
Re: Are Girls More Difficult To Train Than Boys? by Ranoscky(m): 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2011
Girls wey don spoil finish.

Wey a 15yr old girl go dey tell u im xperince about im "X" boyfriend! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Women Paying Dowry For their Husbands? / Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? / When A Cheating Spouse Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.