Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri (50907 Views)

Ganduje: We Are Opposed To The Breakup Of Nigeria / Reno Omokri: I Am Opposed To General Buhari But Sowore Lied / Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2020
Audio
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Dedetwo(m): 12:19pm On May 07, 2020
bolaayenimo:

Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state on Wednesday said the 19 Northern governors in the country have collectively agreed on putting an end to the Almajiri system in the country and are ready to face anyone who dares to stand on their path in realising this objective.

Speaking on Channels Television programme ‘Politics Today’, El-Rufai said the almajiri culture system is archaic and has led to any positive result both for the Northern region and Nigeria as a whole.

According to him, though the northern governors have been looking for a way to end the menace, the COVID-19 pandemic has given them the golden opportunity to make it a reality as the system has become a scourge which is capable of mortgaging the future of youths and creating problems for modern generation.

“What the Northern governors Forum has determined is to end this (Almajiri) system once and for all because it has not worked for our part of the country and it has been a source of problem for the rest of the country and we are determined to end it once and for all”.

“We have discussed this and we are ready to face anyone on this subject. There is nowhere in the world where children go through this kind of system which does not give life skills, does not prepare them for modern education and creating future problems for generations”.

We are ready to face any­one that wants to confront us on this matter. All the 19 northern governors, we took a decision collectively and we are going to implement it to the letter.

“We are ready for any back­lash but we will not mortgage the future of our children and put our region at risk as well as Nigeria at risk with the con­tinuation of this system. It is archaic, it is out-of-date. It has not led to any positive result for our region and for our country and so, we must end it”.

https://www.independent.ng/northern-govs-ready-to-confront-anyone-opposed-to-ending-almajiri-culture-el-rufai/

I have never been interested in the silly business of Almajiri and sincerely do not wish to get into it. However if the sudden enlightenment of the northern governors will lead to the end of the system, I shall support the idea only if the north will keep their unwanted load of rubbish. The idiotic idea of shipping the damaged commodities to southern states in the name of freedom of movement is unacceptable twaddle. The loudmouthed governors in northern states must put in place the tools to rehabilitate the kids. I also want the governors to continue the vocal disdain on Almajiri during the elections.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by SamPeeLamen(m): 12:27pm On May 07, 2020
What does 19 govs forum have in common with covid 19? They both don't give a rat's ass about human lives.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Simontempla: 12:37pm On May 07, 2020
this was what Sanusi Lamido have seen. He called no one responded.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Jimmyubah2: 12:44pm On May 07, 2020
I thought it is their culture and heritage?
So they just wanna let go of such rich culture and heritage?

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by slerry(f): 12:51pm On May 07, 2020
I thought d northerners said almajiris are the pride of d north... � the north don't want their pride again or they want to remain humble ������
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by najib41: 1:10pm On May 07, 2020
Gracealone:
You should give credit to Sanusi on this.

Modified.
NB; I'm not a fan of Sanusi, please.
You just said my mind.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by jasman1: 1:37pm On May 07, 2020
I’ve never seen people soo stupid and the same time blind in everything civilization in my entire existence. Even the Arabs that brought the religion to them have since modernized it. TELL YOUR ZOMBIES TO STOP HAVING BABIES THEY CANNOT CARE FOR. It’s not difficult sir

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by madridsta007(m): 1:51pm On May 07, 2020
bolaayenimo:

https://www.independent.ng/northern-govs-ready-to-confront-anyone-opposed-to-ending-almajiri-culture-el-rufai/

Story.
With Almajiri system, you have won elections, caused violence in states, manipulated INEC registration, obtained Foriegn Aid funding from International Institutions.
Why end a cash cow?
Story.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Tenshades(m): 3:27pm On May 07, 2020
Alpha100:
It done more harm than good. It will be a good thing if they finally wake up and not make it audio promises.

PS: I have a passive income stream that can make you some money which can help you with money for data and take care of minor bills. No investment. No referrals. Email me (email address in signature below) if you are interested

Please respond to my mail bro.

riddick******@gmail.com

Thank you.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Legendguru: 3:58pm On May 07, 2020
Oh
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by runningriot: 4:13pm On May 07, 2020
. This should have been a long priority, not now. Shame....! until after spreading corona virus
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Yankee101: 4:30pm On May 07, 2020
Better

At last

At least
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by cashtips(m): 4:46pm On May 07, 2020
bolaayenimo:

God put it in there Hearts ,The wild beast turn against the Harlot to devastating her
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Iyipinua: 5:56pm On May 07, 2020
Gracealone:

Modified.

This is simple to see, they are now sure that going by the bastardised 2019 sham of an election, the north alone can win the presidential election without the south so they can now disband their militant structures.

Re-structuring is the way forward.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by darediamond(m): 7:42pm On May 07, 2020
awhybliss:
Buhari order for the Madagascar herb, it is really working when used under prescription...
is it by chance or luck we haven't record any death in Madagascar? With over 200 cases?
Mind you, it's not only W.H.O who have expert as medical scientist, every country have theirs.. everybody are experienced in their own field...
W.H.O won't claim responsibility of the rate of death toll before the arrival of vaccine, why can't everyone look for a "life-saving" alternatives?
The reality is W.H.O is a Covert Organization set up by the Olympians or World Most Powerful Occultic Group.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by zicoraads: 8:10pm On May 07, 2020
In as much as moving them now has posed more danger, it's good the virus has brought about some form of good. For years, it felt like it wasn't going to happen. Ending the practice was always the best way to solve the problem at its roots.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by StoneColdBiceps(m): 11:06pm On May 07, 2020
Gracealone:

Modified.

I'm sure Jesus appeared to El Rufai when e catch Coronavirus grin

Ankara Face Mask may hurt you!
https://naijanofilter./2020/05/07/�️ankara-face-mask�️/
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by StoneColdBiceps(m): 11:08pm On May 07, 2020
Racoon:
Another political gimmick.Seperate almajirism from Islam? So why did you lots fought Emir Sanusi? Well, let's see how it all pans out because that means the foot soldiers doing most of the dirty works will be gone. Remember Garba Adamu from Kano said "The Almajiris Cultural Heritage is the Pride of the North"

I'm sure Rufai got an encounter with Jesus during his koro isolation grin

Ankara Face Mask may hurt you!
https://naijanofilter./2020/05/07/�️ankara-face-mask�️/
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Nobody: 4:29am On May 08, 2020
darediamond:

The reality is W.H.O is a Covert Organization set up by the Olympians or World Most Powerful Occultic Group.
I thought as much

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by HenryPenstuff(m): 10:16am On May 08, 2020
Altleast if they can keep to their words alot more than that will change since they ve seen that no positivity was achived with all the so called almajiris. All we need is prayers not Roguidity. Take note Nigerians.[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Obi Had ‘Sweeping Victory’ In South-South, South-East - Okowa / Youths Hold Rally For Peter Obi & Labour Party In Kachia, Kaduna (Pictures) / Justice Mary Odili In Supreme Court Panel Reviewing Bayelsa Election Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.