Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri (50925 Views)

Ganduje: We Are Opposed To The Breakup Of Nigeria / Reno Omokri: I Am Opposed To General Buhari But Sowore Lied / Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Exc2000: 7:47am On May 07, 2020
Elrufai the short daring man with balls of steel.... confronting almajiri as small as they are, is like confronting a giant size hydra headed monster

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Priye007(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2020
Then keep them in your state nan.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2020
so na now day break for una eyes!
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Coldie(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2020
The north must protest. This is unacceptable. Almajiri must survive. The north is against the northern culture.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Jeffyblaq(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2020
These almajiriz would still be needful during election and chaos..

Letz not do away with them now..

PATHETIC!
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by zikter(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2020
This is a step in right direction, only if there is commitment to implement this. Yes, the system should not have existed in the first place. What kind of system throw children on the street with no hope of education or viable skills? I just hope this is implemented
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by kokoA(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2020
Is this not what your friend Sanusi was fighting for?
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Shelumiel: 7:47am On May 07, 2020
Iscoalarcon:
this coming from El rufai, one can't say what you said if you know how fearless he is
El-Rufai has said it, yes. But let him act it.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Dewisedick: 7:48am On May 07, 2020
Dead corpses everywhere. All you want is for evil to continue. You think southeast and south south leaders have your time? El rural Wait you will hear from them soon. After that you can enter their states to fight them. The real corona is on the way...

Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Nobody: 7:48am On May 07, 2020
beautyhd:
Finally, Lamido sanusi was right.
Including GEJ

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by contigiency(m): 7:48am On May 07, 2020
Gracealone:
You should give credit to Sanusi on this.

Because Sanusi is the one leading the governors on the project? Or because he was the first and only person in the North that has ever criticised the system?
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Tribalism123(m): 7:48am On May 07, 2020
Corona virus efficacy at work
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by gift2xl: 7:49am On May 07, 2020
What the northern government, would have done long time ago. Nobody is even ready to oppose, it's a one way drive. Gudluk.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Roon9(m): 7:49am On May 07, 2020
EVILFOREST:

FINALLY....
bet me it will take another TEN YEARS to implement.
Hope they are ready to face BUHARI on this..?

Lols! I don't think so
Those guys would spread it throughout the north faster than the speed of light
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by goodlistener: 7:50am On May 07, 2020
Welcome development which has been long over due. Uncle Coro is formatting some brains.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Iscoalarcon: 7:51am On May 07, 2020
Shelumiel:
El-Rufai has said it, yes. But let him act it.
just wait and see he will definitely do that even if its only Kaduna
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by kayusely70(m): 7:51am On May 07, 2020
Lets wait & see the end result
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Nukilia: 7:51am On May 07, 2020
Never! Almajiri must continue.... This is an Islamic trend that has been carried out over the years... I do not want to believe it is now unislamic to practice this system of education.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by mordred44: 7:52am On May 07, 2020
Governors 1 9
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by PigTormentor: 7:52am On May 07, 2020
Good. About time to improve the educational system in the North and Nigeria as a whole.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:52am On May 07, 2020
Urchman200:
Then y the hate on Sanusi? Their Muslim brothers down the other side will always support them whenever they are fighting someone, without knowing the motive for the fight, they will turn around to fight the a Maj iris they have been supporting all this while. When u hear confusion and frustration they are the examples to use.

Ganduje's claims was that Sanusi should have called him and the Northern governors privately to discuss the issue.
But Sanusi voiced everything publicly without telling them anything which was a big disgrace and embarrassment to the whole North hence the embarrassment netted on him.

I think the Southwest is slow about the issue, all governors should cooperate and send them all to the North.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by MahatmaGhandi: 7:53am On May 07, 2020
bolaayenimo:

https://www.independent.ng/northern-govs-ready-to-confront-anyone-opposed-to-ending-almajiri-culture-el-rufai/

Talk is cheap, make practical moves and let us figure. These are just hypocritic political assertions and should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Viicfuntop(f): 7:54am On May 07, 2020
Juliusmalema:
You want to end Pride of the north.

Strength of the north during elections.

Not to sound ignorant, but what is the Almajiri system. I have checked online but not one gives a logic explanation enough
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by DaddyGngeess(m): 7:54am On May 07, 2020
They are humans like every other persons
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Ewedegubbler: 7:55am On May 07, 2020
they should go and beg the igbos to start taking them as apprentices. give it 10 years and you will how they will transform the lives of these alhamajeris
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by jrusky(m): 7:56am On May 07, 2020
That is it enough is enough of Amanjiri bullshit its bad and evil seen innocent kids in such pitiable situation because of some wicked human making it look like its a religious crap.

Hell Rufai first time you will imoressed me thanks to Corona.

Anyone that try to stop the governors decision should be arrest and jail.
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by psalmistkakah(m): 7:57am On May 07, 2020
It's better
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by ehardetola(m): 7:59am On May 07, 2020
Las Las they having sense
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by awakeuche(m): 7:59am On May 07, 2020
What the governors forgot is that Alamajiri is not the crux of the issue, marrying more than one wife and giving birth to children you can't cater for is.
As long as they see polygamy and excess birthing as Allah's blessings, Alamajiri will be here to taunt them forever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Karemarealty288(m): 7:59am On May 07, 2020
What Sanusi saw sitting down...19 Northern Governors are now seeing standing up...if this Alamajiri system is not flushed out..Boko Haram is a joke to compare to what will be...

Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Conze: 8:00am On May 07, 2020
Better, though long overdue
Re: El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri by Nobody: 8:01am On May 07, 2020
Please someone should educate me on this almagiri stuff. What class of citizens give up their children for this? Is it the lower or middle class that engage in this sort of thing? Like from my childhood days, I've been seeing them and I mean in ikoyi, all those falomo under the bridge, kingsway and high brow areas as far back as then. But it never occurred to me that its a culture and..... Mehnnn...

So what part of Hausas major in this? Is it all the northern parts? And where did it originate from? ( now dont refer me to google cos i want answers in one straight sentence, not ready to read history.) One needs to be cleared on these things just in case. Huh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Northern Youths Blast Dangote: "You Are A Traitor, Moral Liability To Us" / Buhari Receives His NIN Identity Card (Photos) / Youths Hold Rally For Peter Obi & Labour Party In Kachia, Kaduna (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.