Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,817 members, 7,956,082 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:07 AM

. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1672 Views)

Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) / If Nigeria Was Governed By Russia President? What Will Be Your Take On This! / Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 9:34am On May 08, 2020
giftedben:

Do you think we have not heard those words before. Our fathers said the same thing. Now the people that ruled our fathers are now the people ruling us. Who is next? Is it Gowon or is it babagida

I'm going t tell u one thing, bad things of Tomorrow is not going to happen if u can control things now, that's y we plan.ahead that's y we make plans 4 2026 now, nigerian leaders lacks foresight( POTUS Bush was one man I admire his sense of leadership, Angel Merkel, Putin, trump(although many won't agree) , if we.want t. See right and quality.leaders we need to control d electioneering.process to make sure only those we need are voted in that's y I advocate 4. E voting and independent collation of.results by.admired & independent journalists, activation of the powers of observers(whether.EU, AU), breaking elections into stages instead of.a one.day general.election.we.would.start having early.elections mid term & d general.election

1 Like

Re: . by gidgiddy: 9:36am On May 08, 2020
KingJa:

I’m not against referendum, I’ll gladly get rid of this shit hole called Nigeria as long as it’s within the constitution and it is done peacefully.

But to make Nigeria work because that’s what we have as our country at the moment and in order to address what’s wrong with our country, we’d need to get rid of tribalism. And the best way to do that in my opinion is to make it illegal.

Meaning, your tribal identity is confined to your household and ancestral awareness only. So addressing anyone by their ethic origin for example, Ijaw, Igbo, Hausa, Fulani, Yoruba will treated like the N and subjected to scrutiny. So only places those words would be allowed is in school textbooks, history books, and other venues that those words could be used in appropriate manner. If anybody dares try to engage tribal or ethnic discrimination, then the act could be considered CAPITAL TREASON and punishable by death.

I know it’ll be difficult to look past your tribal bigotry but because I know u wan chop life like every other Nigerian, you will adjust fast and see yourself first and foremost as a Nigerian because u no wan die cos u carry tribe foh head.

This ranks as one of the most foolish things I have ever heard in my life. So you will ask over 40 million Igbos to forget hundreds of years of history, their culture, their norms, their language and traditions so that they can assimilate as Nigerians? Even if you erase tribe, will you also erase religion and ideology, both of which are even more divisive than tribe? Nigeria was just the colonial experiment of the whiteman. If tribal bigotry is the big problem why Nigeria cannot move ahead then there should be no Nigeria. Unity must come from the heart, any unity that comes from enforcement is slavery.

This same thing happened in the Soviet Union where Russians, Latvians, Estonians and many others were constantly fighting each other because they could not see themselves as 'Soviets'. A time came when they all had to look themselves in the eye and tell themselves the truth, that the dream of one huge progressive Soviet nation that would be the envy of the world was never going to happen because they were too different and had different agendas. The Soviet Union broke up into over 10 countries and the fighting stopped as there was nothing to fight over any more.

This is the same that must happen with Nigeria. If after 105 years as a country and 60 trying to be a nation, we have not yet risen above tribal sentiments to see our selves as one, then it is time to return as we were before Lugard came in 191r to force us all together. It is time for us to go our different ways and stop the fighting.

We must all admit that Nigeria has failed and agree to a peaceful dissolution just like the Soviet Union
Re: . by Nobody: 9:38am On May 08, 2020
The Nigerian constitution needs t.be updated to more modern times. POTUS invoked the Production Act which I've never had of b4 & used by.any POTUS b4 , this is wat Is needed.. New laws.that are needed when.drastic measures.need t be taken urgently. Trump showed the deficiencies in.democracy but.also.trump has opened even more New laws that were never used b4
Re: . by Nobody: 9:41am On May 08, 2020
gidgiddy:

This ranks as one of the most foolish things I have ever heard in my life. So you will ask over 40 million Igbos to forget hundreds of years of history, their culture, their norms, their language and traditions so that they can assimilate as Nigerians? Even if you erase tribe, will you also erase religion and ideology, both of which are even more divisive than tribe? Nigeria was just the colonial experiment of the whiteman. If tribal bigotry is the big problem why Nigeria cannot move ahead then there should be no Nigeria. Unity must come from the heart, any unity that comes from enforcement is slavery.

This same thing happened in the Soviet Union where Russians, Latvians, Estonians and many others were constantly fighting each other because they could not see themselves as 'Soviets'. A time came when they all had to look themselves in the eye and tell themselves the truth, that the dream of one huge progressive Soviet nation that would be the envy of the world was never going to happen because they were too different and had different agendas. The Soviet Union broke up into over 10 countries and the fighting stopped as there was nothing to fight over any more.

This is the same that must happen with Nigeria. If after 105 years as a country and 60 trying to be a nation, we have not yet risen above tribal sentiments to see our selves as one, then it is time to return as we were before Lugard came in 191r to force us all together. It is time for us to go our different ways and stop the fighting.

We must all admit that Nigeria has failed and agree to a peaceful dissolution just like the Soviet Union

I.agree.let's.have an.election.t.determine if.we.all want a referendum or breakout.
IEXIT (igbo exit

But I'm going t tell.u.d truth d igbos don't even.like.them selves , d same thing we were running away from in. Nigeria would still exist in the kin.biafra.. it mite even be worse if we 've biafra than.if.we don't..

4 me the only people really causing problems.are the north with their overpopulation and greed the west and east can form an alliance and go if d wnt
Re: . by ayoola27: 9:47am On May 08, 2020
Heathrow44:

But he can push 4 an amendment of the constitution with article clauses bearing a referendum act, the constitution are not rigid like that not t be changed
First of all... Nigeria constitution is a rigid one.. it takes months to amend otherwise a lot of people including Obasanjo would have changed it to their favour

Section 2 of the Nigeria constitution states that Nigeria shall be an indivisible state

I don't think that can be amended easily

1 Like

Re: . by gidgiddy: 10:05am On May 08, 2020
Heathrow44:

I.agree.let's.have an.election.t.determine if.we.all want a referendum or breakout.
IEXIT (igbo exit

But I'm going t tell.u.d truth d igbos don't even.like.them selves , d same thing we were running away from in. Nigeria would still exist in the kin.biafra.. it mite even be worse if we 've biafra than.if.we don't..

4 me the only people really causing problems.are the north with their overpopulation and greed the west and east can form an alliance and go if d wnt

Whatever problems Igbos have amongst them is far less than the problems Igbos have with the other two main tribes in Nigeria
Re: . by davillian(m): 10:30am On May 08, 2020
Death sentence for past and present corrupt political leaders...
No carpet crossing.....
Re: . by Nobody: 11:59am On May 08, 2020
Triangle of integrity of a nation

Power (and energy ) supply

Entrepreneurship

Education
Re: . by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 08, 2020
gidgiddy:

Foolish Yi-gbo man, stop attacking my suggestions, just post yours and leave me out of it.

Get it into your thick skull that secession isn’t something that will happen anytime soon. So in the meantime, we still have a country to run / a country to live in.

It’s obvious you’re not trying to have a civil discussion, you will continue to carry Yi-gbo for ur head to ur own detriment and sabotage yourself and ur tribe. Yeye boy get your good for nothing ukpabi self off my mentions and never quote me again, kapish!

1 Like

Re: . by HighWITCH: 5:06pm On May 08, 2020
BabaOwen:
This is not possible.
Says who?
Re: . by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 08, 2020
HighWITCH:

Says who?
Says common sense. Even in the Russia federation and Soviet Union, they didn't try to make the people lose their identity.

How you wan even make the 36 states house of assembly pass that kin bill?
Re: . by Nobody: 8:38am On May 27, 2020
Update..........

Good citizens and law abiding and caring and patriotic people is what Nigeria also lacks if we want to get Nigeria working again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Igbos In The North Don't Have Freedom Like Herdsmen In The South / Nigerian Coat Of Arms; History, Meaning, Symbols, Facts, All To Know / Buhari Govt Has Been Printing Money: Peoples Gazette Releases Audio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.