Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,233 members, 7,867,609 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. (5654 Views)

There Are Consequences When You Leave Arsenal / Arsenal Offer Thierry Henry Two-month Loan Deal / Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by bolaoni(m): 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2007
I am sure you know how important he is to the team sha.

Time will tell sha. Na my own be that. lipsrsealed
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by debosky(m): 8:26pm On Jun 08, 2007
I know he's African with our age palaver, but he's definitely younger than Henry.

I can't wait for the Liga to end, thats when we'll see Arsenal making transfer moves.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by doyin13(m): 11:36pm On Jun 08, 2007
u guys should get it in ur greasy heads.

Etoo will never come to england. Ronaldinho is the one most likely to leave barca

and henry has expressed his interest in milan.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by SirKay3(m): 9:01am On Jun 09, 2007
I dont think he'ld leave. English press are known to always blow negative news out of proportion.

Read this:

[b]Henry told ESPNSoccernet Press Pass: 'It's great to hear [being linked to AC Milan]. How can you not think that? On the other side as I said to you, and so many times at the moment, I'm an Arsenal player.

'Everybody knows that a lot of stuff happened at the club recently that wasn't supposed to happen. In terms of the departure of Mr Dein, the bosses have been unsettled and a lot of players have been unsettled in the club. So the only thing I can tell you is right now I'm an Arsenal player but hearing that is nice to hear, I can't deny it.

The Gunners' record goalscorer did not hide his disappointment at Dein's exit. He said: 'I was devastated. Everybody who knows Mr Dein, we know that the guy loves football. He knew everybody at the stadium, the name of everybody and I mean everybody at the club, whether you play for the youth team or you clean the dressing room - he knew everybody.

'He's the type of guy who used to turn up raining, snowing, windy, to watch the under-17s, the under-19s, the reserves - everybody - on his own at the training ground and one person that I wouldn't have liked to leave the board, would have been Mr Dein.

'But it's out of my hands, I'm not up there. I don't know what happened, and I don't want to know what happened.'[/b]

I believe it's just to hit the board members rightly with the displeasure in the way and manner things have been of late. Remember he's not the only one saying he may leave, Cesc is also inclusive.

A kind of "threat", I'll say.

Another one:

'But I would like to say that whatever happened, Mr Dein leaving wasn't a clever move.

'So far I'm here, talking to you, about a thing that happened that I didn't agree with but sometimes that's just the way it is. It happened, and we have to move on.'

Despite Henry's future in north London being in doubt, he sees the signs of recovery for an Arsenal side which has been off the pace in the Premiership in recent seasons.

'The potential is definitely there,' he told ESPNSoccernet Press Pass. 'The signs are definitely there. So now let's hope we can put that all together and bring back some silverware. Man United didn't win the league for three years and finally they did it - who would have said that 10 years ago? So things happen sometimes, you have to keep going and make sure you can be better and have a great season next season.'
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by tosinadeda: 9:16am On Jun 09, 2007
Make him dey go jare
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by dinozzo(m): 11:26am On Jun 09, 2007
Its all speculations now. I beginning to have doubts about Henry's future. What is really worrying me now is why he hasn't said whether he wants to stay or not. If he states clearly he is staying then all this rumours will end.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Imani(f): 12:01pm On Jun 09, 2007
dinozzo:

Its all speculations now. I beginning to have doubts about Henry's future. What is really worrying me now is why he hasn't said whether he wants to stay or not. If he states clearly he is staying then all this rumours will end.

He isn't saying anything because he wants to see what's up with the bidding process.

With the right amount, Henry will walk.

However, i think Henry is more loyal to Wenger than to Arsenal.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by mukina2: 12:21pm On Jun 09, 2007
Imani:

However, i think Henry is more loyal to Wenger than to Arsenal.

yeah .i recall him saying that as long as wenger stays he stays cheesy
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by doyin13(m): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2007
But if I were an Arsenal fan, I would not fret. Players are ultimately replaceable, even Henry.

Even if Henry doesn't leave, Arsenal still need a Secondary scorer with both Pires and Ljunberg gone.

I wouldn't rest my hopes on Adebayor or Walcott or Hleb etc.

As wonderful as I think Fabregas is, he needs to score more goals as well.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by misright(f): 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2007
Nehiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii He is goin now where
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by A40(m): 7:28pm On Jun 09, 2007
Henry can go if he pleases, but i think our gaffer has to get a replacement a quality one and if hes not gonna do that then let Henry please stay, I do have a problem with Wengers inactivity in the transfer market it makes me wonder sometimes if he is really the PROBLEM
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by 9ja4eva: 10:16am On Jun 10, 2007
Dont console urselves.If Henry leaves Arsenal is done for

grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by topeorekoy(m): 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2007
9ja4eva:

Dont console urselves.If Henry leaves Arsenal is done for

grin grin grin grin

WHAT DO U MEAN IF HENRY LEAVES , ARSENAL IS DONE FOR. WHEN ANELKA LEFT FOR MADRID, WE BOUGHT A LESS KNOWN HENRY WARMING THE BENCH IN JUVENTUS AND MADE HIM A SUPERSTAR. WHEN VIERA LEFT WE GROOMED FABREGAS AND MADE HIM INTO ONE OF THE BEST IN THE PREMIERSHIP AT 19.
SO IF HENRY LEAVES, TRUST WENGER ANOTHER STAR IS COMMING
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by justkunmi(m): 2:57pm On Jun 11, 2007
this is the real gist. if henry leaves arsenal, it would take another 2 or 3 seasons for arsenal to recover. the whole arsenal strategy is wrapped around henry. every single thing is done with him in the middle. if anyone wants to disagree, bring it on, , .
even wenger knows this fact and he's afraid of life without the french man.

i pity henry cos he's in a corner. if he leaves, u guys would label him unpatriotic like u did ashley and viera. if he stays, he might not win any silverware till he hangs his boots.

my take, in henry's interests, HE SHOULD QUIT ARSENAL, NOW AND FAAASSTTTT!!!.

one bloody gooner wrote this. . .

He's Certainly No Captain
[b]As a Gooner I love Henry. He's an awesome talent who has given us so much over the years. However, this habit he has of sniping about things in the press is infuriating and unbecoming of the club captain.

So he wants the club to sign some experienced players and he's annoyed that Dein has been ousted. OK, Thierry we get the sodding message. You don't have to follow it up with these veiled threats to leave. "I'm an Arsenal player FOR NOW" and "It's nice to hear about Milan". Do give it a rest. So you're the great and mighty Thierry Henry and if things don't go the way you'd want them to at the club then you'll go play somewhere else.

Well I have a couple of points for you -

(1) Wenger will sign whoever the hell he wants and if he wants to continue to sign 15 year-olds that no-one has heard of he will.

(2) The Board can sack whoever the hell they choose especially if the person they choose to sack has been secretly trying to sell the club to some American bloke.

(3) You're not doing us a huge favour by deeming to play for us. We pay you £120,000 a week to do us that favour.

(4) Arsenal football club existed before Thierry Henry and will exist after Thierry Henry. If you're really that annoyed with the current situation then just go.

Pete, Sarf London Gooner [/b]

tryin to paint henry in a bad light if he eventually leaves arsenal.
any henry lover would want him to leave so he can have a new experience abroad.

the guy don try now, haba
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by topeorekoy(m): 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2007
justkunmi:

this is the real gist. if henry leaves arsenal, it would take another 2 or 3 seasons for arsenal to recover. the whole arsenal strategy is wrapped around henry. every single thing is done with him in the middle. if anyone wants to disagree, bring it on, , .
even wenger knows this fact and he's afraid of life without the french man.

WHAT DO U MEAN BY ARSENAL WILL SUFFER 4 2 SEASONS WHEN HENRY LEAVES? WHEN VIERA LEFT DID WE NOT FIND A SUITABLE REPLACMENT FOR HIM. IF HENRY SHLD DECIDE TO GO THIS MOMENT, I DONT ANY GUNNER WILL TAKE HIM TO BE UNPATRIOTIC LIKE ASHLEY COLE COS HE HAS GIVEN HIS BEST AND I GUESS BRO. WENGER WILL MOVE ON WITH ARSENAL
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2007
Ok if you insist

1, Vieira was sold, so who said he was unpatriotic (Gunners started complaininfg after he started making comments that he wanted to Win the CL thats why he left, yet we beat his Juve in route to the Final, (which we lost) but JK he got a lovely reception when he played that CL game at Highbury and also when he played at the Bergy Testimonial at the Emirates, so i have no idea what you are refering to

2, JK you complain about Gunners and Ashley Cole   Err!? i really doubt many scummies were putting Ruud Van Horseface in their good books for his behaviour before and after he went to Real, so what are you on about   do the Spuds ever forgive Sol for moving to Arsenal or the Hammers Defoe for putting in for a request as soon as they are relegated. Cashley knows what he did was wrong, so now turning round and saying Arsenal fans should "Kiss His A@@" for meeting Jose and Peter K just a few days before our game with you, is a bit rich.

3, Arsenal is not necessarily built around Henry anymore, it is built around Fabregas, thats why our game is now slower than when we had Vieira, Bergy and co running the Midfield. You forget that even with his limited appearances RVP was still Arsenals highest goal scorer.

We played Key games with out Henry and we managed

Chelsea home and Away
Mancs away
Spuds and Carling Cup games

so Henry was not really a factor, yes his finishing was solely miseed (anyone that had Crapista in their team would have even missed Francis Jeffers and i won't even comment on Ade's missed chances as he acknowledges himself)

http://arsenal-mania.com/news/3104155/Adebayor-I-can-work-on-my-finishing.html

So yes we will miss Henry if he goes, but Life will go on, when we lost Anelka, we didn't die, when Liam Brady left for Juve did Arsenal die, like you said when the C Ronaldo issue came up, "No player(s) is / are bigger than the Club" so guess your theory is only applicable to United right undecided tongue

And your talk of not winning any trophy   Are you now God, can you say how next season will pan out, or as usual you guys will start imaginig "Fake Trebles again" tongue

JK remember; 3 years it took to get back on track for you scummies in the Prem, so please let others rest. HABA!!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2007
na wetin concern me if Henry come comot? When them sell Kanu, Ash Cole, and all them big players, he no affect them?
No problem sha, THOSE KIDS (like Mourinho say) will take over
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by topeorekoy(m): 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2007
[[size=8pt]size=8pt]Arsenal are the new target of Mohammed Al Hashimi, a mega-rich Arab businessman who narrowly missed out on buying Liverpool. (The Sun) [/size] [/size]
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2007
Na whao o ! cry Another Abramovich grin
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by topeorekoy(m): 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2007
I JUST PRAY THAT SOMEONE SHLD BUY THE GUNNERS SOON SO THAT WENGER WILL NO LONGER BE AFRIAD OF BUYING EXPENSIVE AND QUALITY PLAYERS AND HE WONT BE OUT-BIDDED BY OTHER CLUBS AGAIN
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by galatico(m): 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2007
I think Mr. Wenger should sell Henry with likely destination Barcelona or Acmilan.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by dinozzo(m): 11:18pm On Jun 11, 2007
more rumors on Henry leaving. STORY. They'll never give up.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by mukina2: 11:20pm On Jun 11, 2007
puhleaseeee bros you get time sef cheesy

leave them with their stories grin
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by topeorekoy(m): 7:42am On Jun 12, 2007
Arsenal executives are to meet would-be new owner Stan Kroenke next week to talk about his plans for the club (Daily Star).

isnt that good news. i pray it is so, wenger will have more money to solidify our team
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by justkunmi(m): 8:54am On Jun 12, 2007
@loyika.
Nice analysis, thats why i like yarning wit you. But u've forgotten something. There is a very very big difference between Fergie and wenger. Fergie is not afraid of anybody. No matter how good and influential d player is,if he wants u out,you are out. See becks. So d ruud issue does not apply. Ruud was d most prolific striker in england and Fergie booted him out (and i remember clearly i came out here and said i was happy for him for d move to real,), He kicked becks out too.
But its pretty obvious wenger is stalling on henry's issue.
Remember last season he was giving wenger conditions that arsenal must sign new players before he can stay! i mean, wat is that? Givin conditions? This season too, he told wenger he needs assurance that arsenal's future is bright before he can stay, Thats the height.
Believe me, wenger knows how hard it wld be without henry thats why hes tryin his best to keep him.

Henry is not viera or pires or anybody else. So his absence wld be greatly felt.
Dont compare united's quick adjustments to Ruud's absence wit arsenals life witout henry cos we play very differently.
Now on all the games u played witout henry, wat were d results on d overall? He missed a big chunk of games this season and wat was the overall outlook? U guys ended d league worse than last season when he played well. And was it not him dat took arsenal to d brink of CL glory? And wat was d outcome this season witout him. ?.

Henry is more important to arsenal than Ruud or becks was to united and a replacemet would be near impossible. An alternative approach to your game wld work better.

Henry has tried for arsenal and its only fair for him to play abroad. At least to see life elsewhere,
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 11:41am On Jun 12, 2007
Ended the league worst

We came 4th (again tongue sad) Could have pipped Liverpool if the boys had actually been bothered, but no worst than the season before (The only downer was the point difference btw both our clubs)

We also got to another final (Yeah its the Milk Cup, but just think, we beat Everton, Liverpool with Stevie G, Spurs 1st team (Home and Away grin) and took the Chelsea 1st team to the Wire, all this without Henry)

Anyway on the 1st statement, well i agree with you in a way;

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2100704,00.html

Not many Managers would take this, but as per Fergie, well he didn't really caution Ronaldo when he was flirting with Real, what he did was use diplomacy by allowing Carlos Queiros handle the matter (and also encouraging the lad that he was at the right place).

What we have is a situation where Henry is the Most senior player in the Club right now, and so there is no one that can put him in his place. Gallas is a tongue and does more harm than good, #Ade worships the bleeping ground Henry walks on. Cesc is on some "I love Wenger" SH@T, and folks like Gilberto and Toure are too quiet to get involved in this kind of stuff (I really don't think RVP cares a lot if Henry goes to the moon, so you won't hear him say a word)

So basically its left for Wenger to sort out, as Pat Rice doesn't really hold that much sway as Assistant Manager.

But like i said, do not underestimate Wenger, he was ruthless with Vieira and Pires. He was ruthless with Anelka and he didn't really pamper Ashley Cole. However Wenger is guilty of having "Soft Spots" for certain players, Cesc, Henry, Lungberg (Aliadiere, but guess he's used up his 9 lives grin) and the list goes on.

Either way, whether Henry goes or not is not the isssue, If we can get a good replacement for him and RVP stays injury free, i repeat WE WON'T MISS HIM!! (that much wink) Our Midfield play is still one of the best in the World of football, what we lack is concentration at the back (which cost us some silly goals) and sharpness in front of goal (which cost us some games) Henry could provide a solution to the second, but there are other players that can do that. With the chances Arsenal create even Klose would become PFA player of the year cool

Anyway we watch and see what will happen cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by justkunmi(m): 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2007
wenger sure has soft spots, glad u know that. and its too obvious with henry. and believe me, he cant be ruthless to henry.
viera's departure should not be seen the same way as wats happening now. viera wanted to leave and he made it obvious. he said he wanted to go cos the grass is greener at juve. it was all in the news till he left so wenger jus had to let him go.

yeah, no player is bigger than the club but some are almost as big as the club. i tell u, if henry goes, no one can replace him. wenger should just get someone else to play another role, not henry's vacant role. so ur game play would change. no more henry like runs cos hes the best at it.

did u notice united's style changed when ruud left? we no longer had a point man. we no longer gave all the goal scoring load on a man. now everybody scores. neville was the only united player without a goal. (ok excpet our keepers).

wld like to say wat wenger wld make of the team witout henry, so we can see how well he can adapt
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2007
ERRR

Did you watch Vieira's interview with Rob Bonnet on BBC Sport Extra Vieira was on Holiday when he was told he would be sold, he didn't want to leave, on the contrary he wanted to leave the season before when Real Madrid was courting him, but Wenger said no. What broke the Camel's back was allegations made by Ashley Cole that Vieira was craeting something like a "Mafia" in the dressing room, (he actaully sent a text msg to Ashley to demand for more money from the Board, which Ashley used in his defence during his bargain with the board) And Arsene walks with stats, and the stats showed that he wasn't getting the best from the captain in terms of performance, and a young Cesc Fab was waiting in the wings to be blooded. (Where is Vieira now Injured all the time, thats where)

JK what you need to know about Arsenal is the "David Dein" Factor, As much as Wenger might love some players, he is prepared to let anyone go if he wants (Case in point Reyes) Henry stayed last season due to David Dein courting him with assurances, Cole left because Daid Dein didn't give a SH@T about him, especially with his meeting of Peter Kenyon.

Wenger let players go on the Free, Sol Campbell to Pompey, Lauren to Pompey and so on, so if Henry really wanted to leave, BELIEVE ME JK< Not even Wenger could stop him. But here is the thing I DON'T FEEL HENRY WANTS TO REALLY GO, Arsenal have been good to him, as Henry has been good to Arsenal. What Henry is playing at is his displeasure over an ally in Dein being kicked out of the club (like i said NO INDIVIDUAL IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB) so basically JK if Dein can be kicked out and the whole club doesn't melt down, WHO IS HENRY

When Anelka left look what happened. So if Henry were to (God Forbid) die suddenly would Arsenal be relegated

Upper season with Henry we came 4th and got to a Final, this season without him we came 4th and got to a Final, so JK Henry is not the problem.

Anyway lets see how things pan out, but i feel Henry ain't going no where in a hurry

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by justkunmi(m): 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2007
i agree with you on the david dein issue. really.

but see something. i think henry really wants to go but he's afraid cos fans who have showed him so much love would be disappointed. he doesnt want to go cos arsenal like u said has given him everything he has now. he doesnt want to go so u wont see him in the light fans saw ashley. . .because trust me, if he goes, many fans would hate him.

surely, he'll be offered more money wherever he decides to go. Barca, milan, and if thats the case, the money issue comes in. they might label him money chaser like they did cashley. forget the fact that ashley left with beef and everything.

to me, the only thing keepin henry at arsenal now is loyalty to wenger.

'c'mon, he publicly said he was flattered at milan's offer. so wats stoppin him? FEAR OF BETRAYING YOU GUYS. . .

how old is he now? he's not getting any younger so still getting offers from barca and milan is surely something to seriously consider.
and all his friends have left arsenal. . .pires, viera, campbell and others, . .

if he stays if he goes. . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by topeorekoy(m): 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2007
HENRY'S SITUATION IS DIFFERENT FROM COLE'S SITUATION . ASHLEY COLE WENT BEHIND TO TALK TO CHELSEA AND THAT WAS WHY WE FAN WERE SO ANGRY WITH HIM.

PERSONALLY, IT WONT BOTHER ME IF HENRY GOES COS I KNOW WENGER WILL GROOM A NEW REPLACEMENT.
LAST SEASON WE PLAYED WITHOUT HENRY FOR MAJOR PART OF THE SEASON AND WE CAME FOR AND WOULD HAVE BEEN THIRD BUT GOAL'S DIFFERENCE TO LIVERPOOL. TWO SEASONS AGO WE, PLAYED WITH HIM AND STILL FINISHED 4TH.

IF HE WANTS TO GO, HECAN GO SO THAT WE CAN MOVE ON. HE JUST NEEDS T MAKE UP HIS MIND RATHER THAN GO TO AND FRO.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by 9ja4eva: 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2007
Henry leaving spells doom for Arsenal
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by lordimpaq(m): 8:47pm On Jun 12, 2007
frankly it might not spell doom for arsenal,

but u guys should bear in mind that arsenal played most of season without him and our best games were without him, a perfect example is arsenal charlton which we won 4-0, and a host of other games,

its about time we find a replacement for him, we cannot depend on him all the time, we need someone else,

and for pete's sake can someone tell wenger to sign someone for next season!!!!!!

and i still stand by my word the best game played by arsenal last season was without henry, i stand to be corrected,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UCL: Bayern Munich Vs Napoli (3 - 2) On November 2nd 2011 / Arsenal Vs Tottenham [ 2 - 3] On Sat 20th November 2010 / Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.