Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,763 members, 7,862,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:08 PM

Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. (5644 Views)

There Are Consequences When You Leave Arsenal / Arsenal Offer Thierry Henry Two-month Loan Deal / Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by dinozzo(m): 12:33pm On Jun 15, 2007
Razorr:

The reverse is actually the case. They want Henry + 10 Million Pounds. grin
angry angry angry angry angry angry. Typical glory Hunter.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Razorr(f): 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2007
topeorekoy:

THEY HAVE TO GIVE US ETO'O WITH CASH FOR HENRY COS I GUESS THEY ARE DESPERATE TO HAVE HENRY, WENGER HAS TO CASH IN ON THIS SO THAT HE CAN GET CASH TO BUY BABEL

The reverse is actually the case. They want Henry + 10 Million Pounds. grin

They want 25 Million Pounds for Eto!

ARSENAL have been priced out of a sensational swoop for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger flew to Africa two weeks ago for a secret meeting with the Cameroon international.

And the Frenchman came away confident he could land his man after Eto'o revealed he would jump at the chance to play in the Premier League.

Wenger reported the good news to his board but was disappointed to be told Arsenal could not meet Barca's asking price.

The Spanish giants will not part with Eto'o, 26, unless they receive an offer in the region of £25million.

Wenger has spent just £2m on Polish goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski since the end of last season.

But his target of signing a major star to keep skipper Thierry Henry happy is unlikely to materialise.

And Eto'o will not get his wish of playing alongside Henry — unless the French ace joins him at the Nou Camp.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007270774,00.html
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2007
cry
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2007
@ Razorr

Stop confusing yourself dear grin tongue

In a weeks time (When the Spanish season is over, Henry is back from America and details of what transpired in Paris are known) We will know the truth from the "False stories".

So hold yourself.

As they say; "Abstinence is the best policy!!"

So Razorr; "ZIP UP!!"

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Razorr(f): 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2007
@Loyika, I don't use zippers. I use buttons. tongue
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2007
Besides Razorr

Instead of worrying about Arsenal all the time tongue tongue Worry about this;

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472067&CPID=21&clid=120&lid=2&title=Berlusconi+prefers+Sheva

Now what are the permutations over this;

If sheva goes, i doubt Jose would pick Eto (Jose would be stupid to have 2 Africans as his main strikers, considering the ACN, Arsenal are better placed as there are RVP and Bendther available) Seeing he already has Drogs and Kalou (another African grin) in the front line.

So that limits Eto's choices (and i really do not see Eto wanting to go up north in England, when he can have the opportunity to stay in London and be the "New" star at the Emirates and work with Wenger)

Anyway, all i know is that, alot "might" happen and a lot "might not" happen. We all have to wait and see cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Razorr(f): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2007
Haa haa haa. . . Berlusconi and his big talk. grin grin

Talk is cheap! tongue
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by justkunmi(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2007
Henry, Henry, Henry,
generatin so much noise. It all shows how great a player he is.
@loyika,
You've not tot about d possibility of henry going witout eto'o coming. Arsenal,as i heard mite sell to barca for a little above 20 million pounds. . . witout eto'o in d deal.
Like you said, alot mite happen and alot mite not. .
But from d last i heard, eto'o has pledged his future to barca. .
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Razorr(f): 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2007
justkunmi:

from d last i heard, eto'o has pledged his future to barca. .

Thank You Sir! wink
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2007
Eto'o pledging his future doesn't mean crap tongue

What matters is where Barca stand and on Eto'o's Agent convincing Eto'o of the best deal for him.

La Porta promised the Barca faithful Henry, he never promised them Henry with Eto staying, Did Crapista not promise his future to Real before he was loaned out. Who would have thought Figo would leave Barca and move to Real.

Didn't Smugders just commit himself to staying at United (but said the final decision rests with the Gaffer/Club) So my friend JK; Eto could kiss the ring of the Pope for all i care, If Barca are prepared to let him go, nothing he can do.

Like i said, Wenger will not only take money for Henry (why would he do that ) after what happened with Vieira.

So lets wait and see.

Razorr once again, Concentrate on your own team, at least Sheva "really" wants to leave, so the situation is different grin

Thats why its called a Transfer summer people (things are meant to happen)

What we know is that Wenger will not make the same mistake he made with Vieira twice, besides i want to ask, WHY ARE YOU GUYS WORRIED WHERE ETO'O GOES TO Hmmm!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by RuuDie(m): 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2007
here's how i reckon it;
Henry can only be prised away from Arsenal by a club with much bigger clout, Barca or Milan etc.
Barca have always shown signs of interest in Henry and Milan has expressed interest in both Eto'o and Henry in recent times but Berlusconi has recently been quoted as saying "I like Eto'o but i'm a romantic, i prefer Shevchenko" - invariably, i translate this to mean if he can't get sheva back from Chelsea, then he'll be gunning for Eto'o (i think he secretly covets the Cameroonian and is just using the "Henry" bit as a decoy, just so Barca can up their "Henry" frenzy) and if he gets Eto'o, Arsenal should say goodbye to Henry - Barca will get him and knowing Wenger, i think he'd just prefer to have bucks in his pockets to go shopping for a handful of youngsters !

As things stand, who leaves what club is vey much dependent on if Sheva stays with Chelsea and to some extent, how highly Eto'o is esteemed in the Nou Camp - i know Laporta loves that guy like his kid but Milan have a way of getting what they want !
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2007
So Ruudie

Milan get Eto'o
Barca get Henry
Sheva stays at Chelsea
And Arsenal get Money

Yeah i really see your reasoning there tongue

I guess in 2 weeks we will all know who got what, so we can all rest cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by justkunmi(m): 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2007
loyika,
the only power the club has is to tell you they dont need your services anymore. They cant sell you to a club you do not want or involve you in a swap witout your consent. . . So where eto'o goes(if he leaves barca) is entirely up to him.

In henry's case, he really wants to leave! So arsenal doesn't av a choice but to release him.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by mukina2: 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2007
i never knew so many people lived inside TH's head undecided

they even know that he really wants to leave    

na wa o

we shall know whats up very soon   cool
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2007
Jk

Please show me anywhere where Henry has said he wants to leave Arsenal ANYWHERE (Even if its on a Blog)

How can the Club have the final say on one player, but then when it involves Arsenal, we have suddenly lost our ability to hold a player Henry is on contract and if Wenger says he will not leave, Henry will not complain (he might not be happy about it, but HE IS NOT THE KIND OF PLAYER THAT WILL REBEL), taking into account the Wenger factor and the issue of the Fans (for heavens sake, apart from Lungberg, Henry is the second oldest player and the CAPTAIN).

What is all this sudden crap FFS!! Is Wenger a "New Kid on the Block" The last say goes to Arsene (despite what Henry wants) It was Arsene's call for Vieira (Cesc was there to take up the midfield mantle), it was Arsene's call for Cole (we got Gallas plus money in a transfer deal), it was Arsene's call for Reyes (we got Baptista in a loan exchange). SO WHO THE HELL IS HENRY!!

JK let me tell you something, even if Henry wants to go, and Wenger says NO!! HENRY WILL NOT LEAVE. That is never going to be something that anyone can argue with a Gunner (or do you know more of what happens in our club I distinctively remember your comments when we were on the Ronaldo to Real issue, so what has changed since then Oh your "imaginary" notion that Henry has Granted a "News Conference" stating that he wants to leave, has suddenly convinced you that "Some players are Bigger than their Clubs". My Bad, cause my News sources told me that just a few days ago, Henry's agent was slamming News sources from French Football over such allegations Guess you know Henry personally right)

We shall all see how this ends as its getting sickening tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by RuuDie(m): 3:07pm On Jun 15, 2007
loyika:

So Ruudie
Milan get Eto'o
Barca get Henry
Sheva stays at Chelsea
And Arsenal get Money

Yeah i really see your reasoning there tongue
I guess in 2 weeks we will all know who got what, so we can all rest cool

cool GOONER 89

yeah meen, i figure so - but its all conjectures though !
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by RuuDie(m): 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2007
I don't think Henry is keen on leaving Arsenal; i think he now has an emtional attachment to the club. he coulda left @ the tail end of the season b4 last but opted to stay with Arsenal !

On the issue of club/player, a lot of it is dependent on certain clauses on a players contract - but Arsenal is not the kinda' club that holds players back - never heard one case of 'em doing that. if for any reason you're discontent and you w'anna go they free you and i think that's a very good practice ! On the other hand, Henry ain't the rebellious type too, so its just a great marriage of convenience !
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 3:18pm On Jun 15, 2007
@ Ruudie

Yeah everyone gets players and we get "Money"

Some conjectures tongue

By the way, you promised your 11 players angry I am still waiting for your list on your thread grin

@ Razorr

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6755991.stm

Is that why Chelsea is suddenly fascinated by "Osho Free" runs grin grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2007
@ Ruudie and all

Please take a cue from this senario;

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=438931&cc=5739

Like i said, THE FINAL CALL RESTS WITH (THE CLUB) WENGER AND NOT. Thierry "Bloody" Henry angry

Its the way it's been and will always be.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 5:56pm On Jun 15, 2007
For all those interested in another "Unbiased" look at the "Thierry situation", just have a listen to Arseblooger's new Arsecast (you could download it on your IPOD or your system)

http://www.arseblog.com/WP/index.php

He takes an indepth look at all the Premutations with another well known Arsenal blooger "Eastlower" and they both come up with some interesting analysis/conclusions (well better analysis than all the CRAP we are getting from the Print Press tongue)

If you can, give it a listen (bloody funny too grin grin you will be laughing your eyes out believe me cool)

Hope by weekend we will get something concrete, At least Henry will report for Pre Season training on Monday, so we might hear some more "Ambigous quotes" from him undecided Wouldn't we all love that tongue

Anyway, have a lovely weekend ya'll.

And GUNNERS pray that Arsene nails those B@TCHES from Barca and gets us Eto'o (if IGWE has to be sold) as far as i am concerned he should even ask for Eto'o and money cool, like we did to Chelsea over Cole. Now that should really piss them off. The  tongue tongue

What luck if Barca get henry and they don't win La Liga again till he retires grin grin (Like they had a bit of a bad spell when we sold them Marc Overmars and Manu Petit grin grin grin) Yes!! Yes!! i know "BAD BELLE!!!" grin

Lets see what the weekend has in store cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by debosky(m): 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2007
Myles Palmer is a pretty objective guy, but he's a bit of a pessimist, while Babel is no Henry or Ribery, he would be a quality addition and can play equally well on the wings or in the center, giving Theo a chance to play in his preferred center position.

Lets wait till after the Liga ends this weekend, then we will be able to truly say anything substantial about whether Henry is staying or leaving

Eto'o would be a good buy in exchange for Henry+cash, if Chelski paid 30 million for Sheva, Henry is worth at least 25mill, if you remove the excess that was paid just because it was chelski

I would grab a 6 million pounds + Eto'o deal, not perfect, but pretty good, then buy Babel and then look for another CB, and send Djourou on loan.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by 9ja4eva: 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2007
He might leave
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by RuuDie(m): 11:00am On Jun 19, 2007
ETO'O IS MILAN's TOP TARGET
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=439700&cc=3888
Guess this means that Milans chances of getting Sheva back is getting slimmer by the day - but i always knew Milan would love to have Eto'o who wouldn't ?.

Back to Henry, Barca saga:

La'Porta had promised the Catalan faithful Henry; not a Henry/Eto'o combo - meaning, Barca could still afford to let Eto'o go - but to where   odds are on Milan, Barca cannot be as foolish as Chelski was when they used Gallas as a bargain chip, Barca have money and they can comfortably sort the Gunners 4 Henry and still make some by selling Eto'o to Milan, why go 4 a player swap  
on the other hand, the Gunners just don't have 'nuff cheddars 2 square-off with Milan !

Wenger is feeling that he can do without Henry and besides he ain't getting no younger - so Henry's definitely like the pun in this very intriguing "chess-like" transfer imbroglio

------- and it only gets more intriguing: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/6766157.stm

Barcelona want Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger to become their new boss, with Frank Rijkaard expected to step down after his side were pipped to the Spanish title by Real Madrid. (The Sun)
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by dinozzo(m): 11:30am On Jun 19, 2007
RuuDie:

ETO'O IS MILAN's TOP TARGET
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=439700&cc=3888
Guess this means that Milans chances of getting Sheva back is getting slimmer by the day - but i always knew Milan would love to have Eto'o who wouldn't ?.

Back to Henry, Barca saga:

La'Porta had promised the Catalan faithful Henry; not a Henry/Eto'o combo - meaning, Barca could still afford to let Eto'o go - but to where  odds are on Milan, Barca cannot be as foolish as Chelski was when they used Gallas as a bargain chip, Barca have money and they can comfortably sort the Gunners 4 Henry and still make some by selling Eto'o to Milan, why go 4 a player swap 
on the other hand, the Gunners just don't have 'nuff cheddars 2 square-off with Milan !

Wenger is feeling that he can do without Henry and besides he ain't getting no younger - so Henry's definitely like the pun in this very intriguing "chess-like" transfer imbroglio

------- and it only gets more intriguing: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/6766157.stm

Barcelona want Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger to become their new boss, with Frank Rijkaard expected to step down after his side were pipped to the Spanish title by Real Madrid. (The Sun)

Its all shite. Wenger has stated clearly that he is going to stay till his contract expires next year. The papers prints rubbish to get attention.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 11:38am On Jun 19, 2007
@ Ruudie

The SUN boy you should know better (i guess the whole Frigging Arsenal squad is off to Spain)

I repeat once again, Wenger will not just take Money for Henry, it won't happen. (and if it does, i will be so surprised). why would Wenger agree to sell his "Prized Jewel" without a replacement especially after the Vieira saga.

In this whole deal, Wenger holds the aces, We are selling Reyes, and so money is coming in, We just sold Aliadiere, so with the Money in the bank we can buy someone, so selling Henry is NOT A PRIORITY!! Wenger can afford to say NO! Like Blackburn said NO for enquires over Benni M and Newcastle have just said NO for Enquires over Mickey "Mouse" Owen. (same as Milan over Kaka)

So don't hold your breathes for any major move, if it happens at all (like i said, i would be quite surprised if wenger did something as DUMB as that, when he doesn't need to. Cause if Wenger tell henry, he is going nowhere, Henry will SHUT UP AND PLAY, and that is the Truth).

Lets all wait and see cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by RuuDie(m): 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2007
@ Loyika,

easy man - i don't particularly ascribe to your calling "Henry", Wenger's "prize jewel" bc'uz in recent times Wenger has been quoted as saying the team has performed well "without" a no. of its high profile players and he doesn't seem too keen on keeping him! ever since the Henry gist came up, have you heard any official statements from the club/Wenger in particular ?

plus, i never said Henry's g'onna leave for free - the only club willing to buy him now is Barca and they're not g'onna take him on credit are they ? but getting Eto'o is g'onna be a pretty tall order for you guys c'uz of the Milan angle.

but you never know ! the transfer market is like 5 Wall Streets put together; you need folks who have made a profession outta' studying it to make a headway - why do you think the 1st thing Chelski did when the bucks started rolling was to snap-up Peter Kenyon from UTD ?

As for the Sun's gist about Wenger moving - i know its just that gist.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by A40(m): 4:42pm On Jun 19, 2007
All this rumours can give a nigga a brain tumor, Whatever will be will be but Henry must not go for nothing it is either Eto comes or no deal
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by 9ja4eva: 2:46am On Jun 22, 2007
Abeg we don tire for paper transfer.Barca/Milan buy am quick
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by oberon(m): 9:41am On Jun 22, 2007
If he goes this man will replace him and i think he is going to do well

Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by justkunmi(m): 11:03am On Jun 22, 2007
oberon:

If he goes this man will replace him and i think he is going to do well

shocked shocked what
if henry goes, the worthiest replacement u can muster is martins
of course that was a joke. right?
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by sucess001(m): 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2007
barca wont sell eto wit cash for henry, cos its purely illogical, eto is 5 yrs younger, and his game is on the rise while henry is on the decline, u doubt, check the records, really, another factor is whether henry wants to leave, this season, i think he wants to, he mite go 4 as little as 20m, mark my words, howevr cos of the french football mag story, he mite be tempted to go 4 milan instead, all these is just speculations anyway.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by A40(m): 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2007
@oberon
No way Jose we arent replacing platinum with bronze, Henry for martins hell no,
If Henry will go Etoo will come trust me on that one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

England Vs Brazil - International Friendly (2 - 1) On 6th Feb 2013 / UCL: Bayern Munich Vs Napoli (3 - 2) On November 2nd 2011 / Arsenal Vs Tottenham [ 2 - 3] On Sat 20th November 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.