Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,206 members, 7,867,506 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:15 PM

Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. (5653 Views)

There Are Consequences When You Leave Arsenal / Arsenal Offer Thierry Henry Two-month Loan Deal / Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by mukina2: 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2007
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I am so shocked and confused sad

i'll wait till Monday sad
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by dinozzo(m): 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2007
mukina2:

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I am so shocked and confused sad

i'll wait till Monday sad
better come to terms with it now than later, it will just be too painful seeing him in barca colours come monday.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by mukina2: 9:00pm On Jun 22, 2007
dinozzo:

better come to terms with it now than later, it will just be too painful seeing him in barca colours come monday.

I will no longer watch barca play cry cry

i'll wait till Monday, till i see it officially sad
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by danniecool(m): 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2007
mukina2:

I will no longer watch barca play cry cry

i'll wait till Monday, till i see it officially sad

Girl this reality and football, he didn't sign a life contract with Arsenal, so he deserve to leave for a better pay and laurels.

Still watch Barca huh wink
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Iman3(m): 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2007
Gab Marcotti is saying that there was no clause in Henry's contract.He said Arsenal are lucky to get that amount.He was expecting £15 million.His reason is that very few clubs indicated an interest in Henry and as such,Arsenal will have no choice but to accept what Barca offer.

Given that Henry is 30,he has only a few years left.A 4 year contract is going to cost Barca £20 million,plus the £16 million,Barca's total outlay on a 30 year old could be up to £36million.The flip side is that Arsenal are saving £36 million on a 30 year old.

The amount is reasonable amount for someone of that age.People keep looking at Shevchenko's deal,but we know that Chelsea are regularly mugged in the transfer market.Utd got only £10 million for RVN. Another exception that I just remembered was Batistuta's transfer to Roma for £19 million at the age of 31.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by danniecool(m): 9:20pm On Jun 22, 2007
hmmm angry it simply ridiculous and annoying. i can't say it is a charm cry
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by debosky(m): 9:25pm On Jun 22, 2007
How can you say few clubs showed interest? what of AC Milan and Inter Milan?

The amount is NOT reasonable, Henry is worth more than a paltry 16million, RVN's case is because he was pissed off, and if Batigol was bought for 19million at 31 Henry should get at least that figure and more, because he is just as prolific.

If Chelsea get mugged, then we should've mugged barca as well, I am so pissed off right now, but not as pissed as I will be if its confirmed at that figure.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Iman3(m): 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2007
debosky:

How can you say few clubs showed interest? what of AC Milan and Inter Milan?

It seems those two didn't put in a bid.My bad,Batistuta actually moved for £22 million at 31.In a situation where only one club showed any tangible interest,Arsenal have no choice but to accept the offer
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by debosky(m): 9:34pm On Jun 22, 2007
why does Arsenal have no choice? they can refuse to deal, it has happened in the past, the key issue is probably that Henry has decided to leave and Wenger believes doing it quickly without too much noise will save the club from unnecessary speculations and further uncertainty.

22million for Batistuta? Henry should go for just as much, we are not desperate to sell him off, so there is no need settling for any offer. I can't wait to see what Wenger will say or do about this. He better move fast before our best talent decides to leave as well.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by bolaoni(m): 9:52pm On Jun 22, 2007
debosky, why are you gutted by the sale? Thought you were all
putting up the bold face of NOTHING DEY HAPPEN?

TH has made up his mind to leave for long and I am sure his dream
has come to pass. he can't afford to suffer the nightmare of fighting
for 5th place with Spurs come next season grin

@ muki, you won't watch Barca again, who you go watch instead? More
heartbreaks for all the gooners o. Haba this na wickedness o grin grin grin

This guy must be a wizard o. See as him don prophecy TH's coming
since last year.

Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by mukina2: 9:57pm On Jun 22, 2007
bolaoni:

debosky, why are you gutted by the sale? Thought you were all
putting up the bold face of NOTHING DEY HAPPEN?

TH has made up his mind to leave for long and I am sure his dream
has come to pass. he can't afford to suffer the nightmare of fighting
for 5th place with Spurs come next season  grin

@ muki, you won't watch Barca again, who you go watch instead? More
heartbreaks for all the gooners o. Haba this na wickedness o grin grin grin

This guy must be a wizard o. See as him don prophecy TH's coming
since last year.

Bola angry lets wait till Monday . sad

the whole thing is ridiculous and confusing sad
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by kaydee(m): 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2007
So he left?
cry cry cry
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by justkunmi(m): 11:39pm On Jun 22, 2007
16 million quid shocked?? a whole thierry henry for 16 million?

c'mon, wenger coulda done better. at least for henry's image, .
i mean, shaun, duck wright phillips went for 24 million. .
shocked

but IS THIS CONFIRMED??
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by justkunmi(m): 12:38am On Jun 23, 2007
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by 9ja4eva: 1:15am On Jun 24, 2007
He has left to Barca
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by sucess001(m): 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2007
hey guys
its been a while since i ve been here, however u guys shud give me some credit, try check out my posts on this issue on page 1 & 4 and u ll think i am a prophet, not so, just having followed football 4 a while, i saw it coming, am a barca fan and iam a biut disapointed at some arsenal fans, now that we ve got henry, everyone is sayin we got a finished player, not so, now, mark my words, henry will get nothin less than 30 goals next season provided he goes withot injuries, he is also goin to smooten ronnie/eto relationship,besides,his commitment and professionalism is goin to rub of on the others, i see barca winni the champs league next season, mark my words,

n;b; another factor mite affect all these analysis, the competitive edge, eto'o,ronnie and henry will want to all prove they are the best and cud be gud and bad, cud be gud in that all will step up their game or all play individually ands divide the team, that will be all my analysis for now,
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by sucess001(m): 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2007
hey,

i really feel for arsenal fans but there are really strong indications that wenger will be going to barca with/without fabregas in the 2009 season, this is real, got my sources, will furnish u wit details later,
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by 9ja4eva: 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2007
Wenger,Cesc need to find a better club.

Flamini rumored to be on his way out
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by bolaoni(m): 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2007
I sure smell something.

Wenger is up to something and it is surely between him and some of his players.

time will tell sha cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UCL: Bayern Munich Vs Napoli (3 - 2) On November 2nd 2011 / Arsenal Vs Tottenham [ 2 - 3] On Sat 20th November 2010 / Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.