Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 (58791 Views)

Police Arrest 5 Robbery Suspects Who Pretended To Be EFCC Officials In Abia / Fake EFCC Officials Caught In Lagos (Photos) / Man Shoots Friend In Anambra Over N1,000 Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by photon3106: 9:10pm On May 07, 2020
mechanics:
Just because of ₦1,500, even when he apologized, she should have forgiven him.

The account was written in favour of the owner of Star Shawarma. There could be more to this story.

Look at it this way, I'm assuming the said owner never believed the customer despite the claim and proof of the customer. She might have begun to insult the customer defaming him/her of fraud plus a thread to arrest him/her if 1500 payment isn't repeated.

Most people can relate with some biz owners' reaction when it comes to unreceived alert for a commodity or service. Many people have been forced to pay twice just because of alert/transaction ISH.

My best bet, this is a matter of a customer 'gallantly' showcasing his/her ability at rebuffing accusation.

Lots of people hate to be insulted for an offence not commited and accused of fraud and will go extra length to prove their worth.

Though I don't support abuse of power but I don't also think that's the case here.

Moreso, it isn't about the money anymore. Justice is independent of the value of money involved.

1 Like

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by mechanics(m): 9:13pm On May 07, 2020
photon3106:

The account was written in favour of the owner of Star Shawarma. There could be more to this story.

Look at it this way, I'm assuming the said owner never believed the customer despite the claim and proof of the customer. She might have begun to insult the customer defaming him/her of fraud plus a thread to arrest him/her if 1500 payment isn't repeated.

Most people can relate with some biz owners' reaction when it comes to unreceived alert for a commodity or service. Many people have been forced to pay twice just because of alert/transaction ISH.

My best bet, this is a matter of a customer 'gallantly' showcasing his/her ability at rebuffing accusation.
No
Lots of people hate to be insulted for an offence not commited and accused of fraud and will go extra length to prove their worth.

Though I don't support abuse of power but I don't also think that's the case here.

Moreso, it isn't about the money anymore. Justice is independent of the value of money involved.
But after apologizing she should have let go na
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by DanHaske: 9:17pm On May 07, 2020
Kobicove:
I need to hear from both sides before I can pass judgement in this matter undecided
the first intelligent comment so far.
Until the lion tells his story, the story of the hunter always glorifies the hunter. Nobody has thought of how they might have insulted and harassed the poor woman over 1500 naira.
How can they even say the 1600 naira was from another customer when they were not expecting 1600 froma any other customer.
She had to go to the bank to obtain a statement to prove that she transferred N1600 to them.
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by photon3106: 9:24pm On May 07, 2020
mechanics:
But after apologizing she should have let go na

One can never be too sure about the severity of damage done to the customer o. Imagine a considerable number of observers are convinced that you just scammed a biz owner of 1500 naira grin I know one part of you would also want a greater number of observers to see that the accusation was false.

Though you're right but some people find it difficult to let go when wronged especially when their reputation is at stake.
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by mechanics(m): 9:29pm On May 07, 2020
photon3106:

One can never be too sure about the severity of damage done to the customer o. Imagine a considerable number of observers are convinced that you just scammed a biz owner of 1500 naira grin I know one part of you would also want a greater number of observers to see that the accusation was false.

Though you're right but some people find it difficult to let go when wronged especially when their reputation is at stake.
It's well o, but it was not done in public, so how will her reputation be at stake? It's just a display of power.
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by DanHaske: 9:33pm On May 07, 2020
new2012:

Why the f**k should they do that when your bill is 1500?

Ever run a business? Someone bought something 100 naira and you see alert 200 naira.. Its impossible to link it to the 100 transaction, its even silly to ask the owner of the 100naira business if he paid 200.
But in this case the owner of the 100 naira business has told you he paid 200 naira, and you saw the 200 naira alert. But you kept disturbing him to pay you your money, that he is a thief
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by White007(m): 9:33pm On May 07, 2020
JosWatchDog:
Lalasticlala

And someone with a brain between their ears drafted a charge sheet to investigate a transaction of N1500. If the prosecutor is mad will the judge also be mad? It will be thrown out at the first appearance in court. Judges have better things to do with their time.
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by photon3106: 9:44pm On May 07, 2020
mechanics:
It's well o, but it was not done in public, so how will her reputation be at stake? It's just a display of power.

No na grin It doesn't have to be only public for one reputation to be at stake. My church mind is telling me the customer is doing pay-back for being treated with almost zero respect. All join, na ego sha but I won't blame the customer and the biz owner much as this is a biased report all along.

Like you said, All is well o grin

1 Like

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by mordred44: 9:45pm On May 07, 2020
GamalNasser:
Lol
i lov naija my country
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by pastillon: 9:53pm On May 07, 2020
Power drunk idiot
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by ostechno(m): 9:57pm On May 07, 2020
Eulalia:
angry

Meanwhile Star Sharwama was expecting an alert for the Payment of 1500 but the alert did not drop , they saw an alert but assumed it was for another person's order not hers because her bill was 1500 and not 1600.

How can they assume the payment was for another person? Did someone else place an order at that time? So why not use their initiative to reason that it could be the same Customer who just placed an order or better still call to confirm if she made the payment.
Very flimsy excuse and poor customer services.
A fool at 40 is a fool Forever
You're a fool. Start shawarma did the right thing by waiting to get the bank statement
Go to a website and place an order of 1500 with bank deposit, if you send 1600, you will not receive your order because the amount on the invoice is 1500, they'll refund your money until after you've confirmed you made the payment
On a norms, the woman should win the court case because she did the right thing

1 Like

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by new2012: 10:09pm On May 07, 2020
DanHaske:

But in this case the owner of the 100 naira business has told you he paid 200 naira, and you saw the 200 naira alert. But you kept disturbing him to pay you your money, that he is a thief

First of, let's be realistic, nobody pay more than the cost of what he bought, it's ridiculously suspicious.. Even Dangote won't pay more than he's charged for an item.

So in Nigeria, I bought something 1k5 from u, while you're waiting for my alert, u got an alert for an higher price. Will u believe me? And upon confirmation, I apologize, it's not sufficient? You'll have to use your colleagues to harass me?

1 Like

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by DanHaske: 10:26pm On May 07, 2020
new2012:

First of, let's be realistic, nobody pay more than the cost of what he bought, it's ridiculously suspicious.. Even Dangote won't pay more than he's charged for an item.

So in Nigeria, I bought something 1k5 from u, while you're waiting for my alert, u got an alert for an higher price. Will u believe me? And upon confirmation, I apologize, it's not sufficient? You'll have to use your colleagues to harass me?
I thought you said to be realistic? You are not being realistic
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by new2012: 10:29pm On May 07, 2020
DanHaske:

I thought you said to be realistic? You are not being realistic

At this junction, no need to argue with you, you've obviously never run a business or know how anything works
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by eziezi90(m): 10:45pm On May 07, 2020
Bruhhh

Fucking STUPID!

Just imagine telling your friends and family 'I dealt with them, they thought they could cheat me of N1600'. Abuse of useless power.

BTW, customer service was poor too. But definately don't deserve this level of attention.
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by executive12: 10:50pm On May 07, 2020
Kobicove:
I need to hear from both sides before I can pass judgement in this matter undecided

Contact the EFCC Makurdi then.
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by 2016v2017: 10:52pm On May 07, 2020
meetme01:
Power drunk.
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by mechanics(m): 11:10pm On May 07, 2020
photon3106:

No na grin It doesn't have to be only public for one reputation to be at stake. My church mind is telling me the customer is doing pay-back for being treated with almost zero respect. All join, na ego sha but I won't blame the customer and the biz owner much as this is a biased report all along.

Like you said, All is well o grin
Okay bro, I hope they resolve the issue amicably.

1 Like

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by enirock(m): 11:20pm On May 07, 2020
And tomorrow someone will tell me to allow a free ride from either a politician or a career technocrats or whatever it's called
Just common head of efcc for Markudi oh come think say na im be head of the body for 9ja

Na im some ppl wan give arbitrary power to NCDC boss constitutionally
Ha this country self
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by debosalau(m): 12:11am On May 08, 2020
This still sounds funny to me. It hurts to see something like this happening. How long shall we continue like this in Nigeria ? At times of massive unemployment in the country an official of EFCC is aiming to shut down a small business because of #1600.

This is what happens when the judicial system is not functional.

A time will come when all the will become intolerable, people will revolt massively for injustices.

1 Like

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by MrLekan95(m): 1:38am On May 08, 2020
amurudu:
we give 100% warranty on any UK used laptop you buy from us
do you do dropshipping?
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Dybala11(m): 3:01am On May 08, 2020
Wickedfact:
Attempted fraud. There's nothing like that in the Penal code.

The lady should get a lawyer to sue the officers involved and the head of Efcc in that state. Sue for damages and a declaration that they're unfit to hold public office.

That's automatic sack for them.
It seems you're new to the ways of some government agencies in Nigeria.
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Apple2: 3:48am On May 08, 2020
Both of them are just wicked. How can someone tell you she sent 1600 and you saw the alert but kept disturbing and harassing her to pay you when she has already done saw and you just needed little patience to confirm ur statement before you harass her of not paying, what nonsense protocol is that

And the efcc woman herself just want to harass them like they did to her instead of forgiving and let go. Highest you stop patronizing them. Blacks are so wicked and ungrateful fellows
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Drizzy5001(m): 4:53am On May 08, 2020
What else do you expect from a shithole country. undecided
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by HIbreed(m): 6:04am On May 08, 2020
Eulalia:

Exactly my point. Poor management, poor customer service.
you're missing the point. There is nothing like poor management. They did a great work.
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by HIbreed(m): 6:16am On May 08, 2020
DanHaske:

the first intelligent comment so far.
Until the lion tells his story, the story of the hunter always glorifies the hunter. Nobody has thought of how they might have insulted and harassed the poor woman over 1500 naira.
How can they even say the 1600 naira was from another customer when they were not expecting 1600 froma any other customer.
She had to go to the bank to obtain a statement to prove that she transferred N1600 to them.
you are wrong, this is a business and i don't think it is right to vindicate the woman when she defaulted by mistakenly paying 1600 unstead of 1500. First things first, she made a mistake but it solely depends on what later ensued, for example she might be infuriated by the customer service of wasting her time, curses and threats may have resulted. In all, she defaulted.
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by tammie24: 6:56am On May 08, 2020
Lordjiggs09:
Nigeria is my country. The kind of unimaginable things that happens here, leaves a lot to be desired. Gross abuse of power and privileges has become the norm in my country.

Meanwhile Igbo bu Igbo mmamma nu, o kwa nu aku ruo uno bu ife anyi no zi na ya. check my signature for that affordable land and other real estate properties in Igbo-land and beyond. kpoo mu ma o bu whatsapp efu, asato, efu, isii, ano, ano, asaa, ato, ano, ano, ato. Ya gazie, umu Igbo ndi oma.
all these language is so that people from other tribe will not come and buy land in your community

And you think development will ever come to the east?

1 Like

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by tammie24: 6:59am On May 08, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
Do you mean he was arrested just because of hundred naira That's abuse of power.

If the detainee knows his right, he would sue the EFCC official sharpaly sharpaly.

A police man once threatened that he would plant a corpse in one of my shops if I refused to sell an item to him at a particular price. That I should sell my products to him at a price very far below what was normal... The way I replied his statement even surprised him. I am sure he would look twice before making such remarks next time.
not to sue the official but efcc as a whole

She acted in the capacity and on behalf of efcc

Efcc should deal with her by themselves
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Vulcan24(m): 7:53am On May 08, 2020
new2012:

Bro, please grow up na and stop reasoning like a kid! Life ain't all abt chopping money and terrorizing your neighbours.

then shut ur dirty trap and respect ppl above u
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by DanHaske: 7:58am On May 08, 2020
new2012:

At this junction, no need to argue with you, you've obviously never run a business or know how anything works
Me too.
Since you don't have an idea that mistakes happen during online transactions and someone can send a wrong amount of money
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by DanHaske: 8:19am On May 08, 2020
HIbreed:
you are wrong, this is a business and i don't think it is right to vindicate the woman when she defaulted by mistakenly paying 1600 unstead of 1500. First things first, she made a mistake but it solely depends on what later ensued, for example she might be infuriated by the customer service of wasting her time, curses and threats may have resulted. In all, she defaulted.
If someone pays you more than the required amount, you give them their change. What is the defaulting in this matter?
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by new2012: 8:22am On May 08, 2020
Vulcan24:

then shut ur dirty trap and respect ppl above u

Of course, I knew you were a child, no wonder the unnecessary insult..

You gotta grow up, its not everybody u see online that is in the same league with you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

John Terry Beaten To Death With Rods By Cultists In Benin City. Graphic Photos / Husband Shot Dead By His Wife After A Misunderstanding In Zambia (photos) / Man Discovers Drugs Inside Tubers Of Yam Set To Be Delivered Abroad.Photos/Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.