Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles (68808 Views)

Wike Orders Arrest Of PHED CEO, Sends Him To Isolation Center / Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown / Customs Begins Online Auction Of Seized Vehicles, Goods - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by tellwisdom: 8:43am On May 08, 2020
This guy isn’t selling anything . Just raising tension

Watch out for daily news paper- Infinite suspense
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Charly68: 8:44am On May 08, 2020
Leadership is to apply the rod where necessary ..God bless the Governor ,there must be deferent factor
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by sleemomymy: 8:46am On May 08, 2020
WHERE IS THAT DEM NIGARR? ARE YOU FEELING ME? EEEEHN, EEEEHN. I SAID RETURN THE DEM CAR TO THE OWNER MEEEHN.

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Cantonese: 9:03am On May 08, 2020
Bagehot:

The problem with this thought process is that it glorifies strong men and not strong institutions. Hence why when the strong-men like Quadaffi and Saddam fall, their nations crumble. Should any Leader in a democratic setting suddenly wake up and declare a law to retroactively take effect? If truly you understand how laws work, that alone is a red flag for the courts. If you don't believe me, ask legal practitioners around you about the enforcement of retroactive laws.

I'm not against punishing people who break the law with hefty fines, community service, or even a few weeks of imprisonment, but for a Governor to wake up and make uncouth and draconian pronouncements should be a source of worry to anyone who truly cares about democracy. I also hope you know that this dictatorship you are clamoring for wasn't exactly rosy - it is rife with state-sponsored assassinations, genocides and corruption. So maybe you should ask yourself 'Who would watch the watchman?'

My dear friend, without strong men how can you have strong institutions?

Let's take a look at our recent history with OBJ. Do you remember that with him as the president insititutions were built. He was a fearless leader, very decisive and he put the right professionals in the right positions. Can you honestly say that with OBJ boko haram would lay claim to any part of Nigeria? Today insitutions built by him thrive. That's what visionary strongmen do.

Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein were victims of international political interests by the Americans. Their countries were solid and they left solid economies. The Americans destroyed their institutions and infrastructures just to create markets for the American business people. They were solid leaders who had the interests of their people at heart.

See are their no laws against crimes like murder, kidnapping or robbery. Just as you have prosecuting lawyers you also have defence lawyers whose duties are to convince the judges that the accused, caught red handed, was not an offender in the first place. So it is with the case of Rivers state. Certainly you must have lawyers for and against.

"State sponsored assassinations, genocide, corruption", etc are prices that some will pay. Those who pay the prices are exactly like those people caught by the Rivers Gov who think they are untouchable.

Do you know that no one will dare in Portharcourt and ObioAkpor local governments to drive their cars out, walk out of their houses or try to defy the order following this example? The ones caught face compulsory quarantine. If hunger was their excuse, now they will learn their lessons in detention potentially without food.

If the virus spreads in Rivers state, the same governor will be accused of not doing enough to protect the people.

The lesson is there for all Nigerians who are either leaders or ordinary citizens. Behave yourself or get punished.

The one who watches the watchman are those who live by the rules. They say "those who go to equity must have clean hands". After their service, the institutions in place surely will judge them.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by ifko: 9:03am On May 08, 2020
This man is mean
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by truthstands01: 9:10am On May 08, 2020
This is too extreme and should be stopped immediately. Gov Wike cannot auction peoples cars rather they can caution them, keep the cars for some days and then release them. PDP should call Wike to order. He's becoming so harsh and brutal. That's not good at all.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Cantonese: 9:15am On May 08, 2020
Tonnyray:
GOD bless you bro.
You will make it in life.
I always laugh at the joke we've constituted ourselves into and called a democracy. Simply aping the West because we lack a sense of self worth and introspective reasoning as a people. Until we identify our uniqueness as a people both positively and negatively we're making no progress.
It takes strong men to build or to facilitate building strong institutions. Nigeria, and I must add all of black Africa can only advance under a benevolent, visionary form of dictatorship. I dare say it is a lack of it that has brought us this low and if we do not get our acts together we can only sink further.
We were taught something in medical school: there's no democracy in an emergency. Case in point in a multiple vehicle accident scene, as a doctor it's not a scenario where you waste precious time deliberating or seeking opinion. You immediately get into your element and tell people what to do. You dictate. Delegate what you can. You hold that man by the leg! You check that little girl's pulse!! You raise that woman's head up! You clear that boy's airways like this!! You tie this cloth over the bleeding arm!! No time. Every second counts. Lives are at stake. My question is is this not where we are as a country? If what we are in currently as a country is not a dire crisis, a gruesome emergency somebody tell me exactly what it is. But we swallowed the concept of governance shoved down our throats by our colonial masters hook, line, sinker, fisherman and the whole goddamn boat and expect we will make meaningful progress. Negroes wake up from this inebriated, sedated consciousness. We have an extremely bloated Senate and House that is bleeding us with unmatched and historically unprecedented avarice and we call it democracy. Somebody tell me we do not need an iron hand to handle us in this country and I'll show you a pathological liar. We are lawless as a people, at least 98% of us. Tell us to go out and we choose to stay in. Tell us to stay in and we give you 1,001 reasons why we should go out and how there's nothing you can do about it.
The West has sold us their democratic form of government as the best thing for us but it is nothing but a lie from the pits of hell.
I'm glad you made reference to Lee Kuan Yew and how he transformed Singapore into an economic giant. He held sway for 31 years to achieve this. All the while the West were busy accusing him of highhandedness, lack of freedom of speech, political persecution bla bla... See Singapore today. The end has justified the means. Mustafa Kemal Ataturk of Turkey is another one of note. Paul Kagame of Rwanda who took the reigns of leadership in the aftermath of 1994 ethnic genocide is another classical example. Forget the fine boy look that guy is a ruthless dictator. But he has overturned the woes of the needless genocide and placed Rwanda in a positive socioeconomic trajectory.
I will always say this Visionary benevolent dictatorship is what can get the Black race out of the doldrums. Strong men with vision and unmitigated powers need only to surround themselves with and employ technocrats instead of hopeless self-seeking politicians. A benevolent dictator does not need to pander to every nonsense group, agency or constituency. He has a vision for his people and he pulls out all stops to achieve it. Get in his way and you'll be wasted. As in wasted. Any reasonable government would adopt this principle for our power sector for example. Nothing can kick-start our economic growth faster than instituting uninterrupted power supply to the entire populace. But no, we prefer to speak English at our different levels of tiers of government.
We go tey.

Thank you so very much bro.

We need to ask ourselves why Nigerians conduct themselves decently while they are in foreign countries. The ones who flout the laws there are caught and jailed. Who goes there to ask them why their laws should be applied on the offenders?
Several Nigerians are in prison yards all over the world, how many foreigners are in Nigerian prisons? Nigerian teach foreigners how to disrespect our laws and in turn the foreigners take advantage to deal with them...factories owned by Indians and Chinese come to mind quickly with their harsh employment conditions in Nigeria. We cannot do the same in foreign countries. Such businesses will close without delay.

We must get to the point of enough is enough to have a better country. If PMB according to his slogan says "it begins with you", then truthfully leadership must take responsibility and deliver quality to the people. That's what I see Gov. Wike doing in this situation.

When he dealt with the helicopter company three weeks ago or so, the minister told him that he was acting outside his powers. The chairman of Bristow called all the way from America to apologize.
The minister clearly was playing politics and being hypocritical.

This business as usual must come to an end someday in this country.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by letitrainnow(m): 9:20am On May 08, 2020
How much make I come buy abeg
. grin
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by onyxo76(m): 9:22am On May 08, 2020
upon all your gra gra your state still recorded 3 fresh cases yesterday.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Voltz1987: 9:25am On May 08, 2020
Does he posses the constitutional backing to carry out this tyranic act...
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by EmmyKrim(m): 9:29am On May 08, 2020
djon78:

I mean what I am saying. Africans need very mean leaders. Majority of our people are lawless. They don't obey laws.
Go around the country and see it everywhere.

Up till today, the most feared government in this our democracy time is still Obasanjos government. If you mess up, you are ruthlessly dealt with. Be you a governor or whoever.
honestly lot of nigerians are very lawless, if you treat them with soft hand they will always misbehave, but when you go hard on them they will start blaming the govt.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by slowice(m): 9:34am On May 08, 2020
punisha:
Okay, this is a bit extreme.

Did you say a bit? This is extreme to the core.... There re certain things one shouldn't do really
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by izubext007: 9:53am On May 08, 2020
I will buy two then
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by AntiWailer: 9:55am On May 08, 2020
Applying which of our laws ?

They will be there screaming Buhari is a dictator when they are monsters and dictator combined in one person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Myself2(m): 10:00am On May 08, 2020
BlueBanana:

Wike should sha chill with his gra gra. No be only him state get Covid19

I tire for this man o
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by willyjacs(m): 10:04am On May 08, 2020
seunlayi:

You got it. Just a threat and I m sure he will have lesser people to chase out of the street today because nobody will dare the risk of losing his/her property. I m dissapointed that many didn't realise this and they started blaming woke. Is this not where lagos and many Nigeria state missed it which lead to the partial gain from the last lockdown?
U right man.
we tend to abuse privileges in this country.
I was watching Chinese news during their lock down, u don't hear news of people violating lock down...
Citizens are well enlightened because they really want to understand the situation....but here,it's the opposite; people behaving like goats.

u don't hear of people violating lock down in Germany,France,....even south Africans are behaving mature on this matter.....
these people are not just ahead of us in advancement,but also in attitude nd maturity...... We will always lag behind if the people don't change their mindsets nd approach to life.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by santuspearl: 10:18am On May 08, 2020
muykem:
Stupidity has started running in Gov Wike's blood. This is the reason why Buhari is still far better than many of our so called governors. You are now executive, judiciary and legislator and come to think of it, he called himself lawyer.

The only person I see that is stupid here is YOU. I am not surprised because you are like your role model. You don't know anything or you can't read with understanding, a bill was passed and punishment prescribed for those who defile the lockdown orders. One of the punishment is auctioning of the vehicles caught violating the lockdown. He is simply applying the law and you here on nairaland showing your stupidity as your principal in Aso Rock. Cases at rising on daily basis and your best president is relaxing the lockdown, is that not stupidity of the highest order?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by ESSENCE92: 10:56am On May 08, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

Nice question, lockdown the metropolis, then make a newspaper ad on how to get auction details.
Maybe you travel to the rural areas, newspaper vendors should be there
k
Hahahahaha
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by ESSENCE92: 11:01am On May 08, 2020
willyjacs:
U right man.
we tend to abuse privileges in this country.
I was watching Chinese news during their lock down, u don't hear news of people violating lock down...
Citizens are well enlightened because they really want to understand the situation....but here,it's the opposite; people behaving like goats.

u don't hear of people violating lock down in Germany,France,....even south Africans are behaving mature on this matter.....
these people are not just ahead of us in advancement,but also in attitude nd maturity...... We will always lag behind if the people don't change their mindsets nd approach to life.

On one hand, I wouldn't blame the people because these countries you mentioned didn't put anyone on lockdown without palliatives..
How can one survive behind doors without sustenance, the virus we dread so much won't kill but hunger will definitely kill if left unattended to..
Na one death go kill a man o
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by YinkaGold02: 11:06am On May 08, 2020
Hope the cars will be upsure for cheap price.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by muykem: 11:12am On May 08, 2020
santuspearl:

The only person I see that is stupid here is YOU. I am not surprised because you are like your role model. You don't know anything or you can't read with understanding, a bill was passed and punishment prescribed for those who defile the lockdown orders. One of the punishment is auctioning of the vehicles caught violating the lockdown. He is simply applying the law and you here on nairaland showing your stupidity as your principal in Aso Rock. Cases at rising on daily basis and your best president is relaxing the lockdown, is that not stupidity of the highest order?
I don't engage illiterate like you. Since the bill has passed, offenders have no right of fair hearing in the court again. Can you see how your brain is working upside down now.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Tamzblaze(m): 12:18pm On May 08, 2020
Let’s see it from this point. You gave a notice/instruction days ago for no vehicular movements in the local government as a governor. Then on that said day,people begin to violate your instruction,it’s a clear proof of them asking him ‘what can he(wike) do?’.

I don’t really blame Wike
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by ibinaboonline: 1:03pm On May 08, 2020
Wike is Cuomo of Nigeria. Man really means business. Rivers State has all the potential to be a Covid-19 hotspot and the man knows they won't get the same FG attention like Lagos. Probably why he's all out for war against an outbreak in Rivers.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Alzirida(f): 2:03pm On May 08, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
Lol forget these jargons u re saying "not backed by law, sued"bla bla. D question to ask urself is can u really go through those hastles to take on the govt Better just obey, u will end up selling ur house to pay ur lawyer lol

Thanks for your advice
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by djon78(m): 2:46pm On May 08, 2020
Bagehot:

Africans need very mean leaders Even when people actively disobeyed lock-down rules in Italy and America, I didn't see anyone talking about this sort of draconian measures. With people like you, Africa doesn't even need democracy.

I don't think Africa needs democracy. Democracy creates weak leaders.
Look at China, are they democratic? No. But they are still economically very successful.

Africans don't like obeying laws. They need very strict, mean leaders, that can now discipline the people ruthlessly and channel everyone to sound economical development.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by djon78(m): 2:50pm On May 08, 2020
EmmyKrim:
honestly lot of nigerians are very lawless, if you treat them with soft hand they will always misbehave, but when you go hard on them they will start blaming the govt.

Take these Nigerians to developed societies, they will behave themselves or else they will end up in jail. But here they are lawless.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 08, 2020
djon78:

I don't think Africa needs democracy. Democracy creates weak leaders.
Look at China, are they democratic? No. But they are still economically very successful.

Africans don't like obeying laws. They need very strict, mean leaders, that can now discipline the people ruthlessly and channel everyone to sound economical development.

In Churchill's words, 'Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others'. China is not a democracy, and yet has managed to become a global power - but you didn't mention how that has worked out for the Uighur, or the millions of lives sacrificed in it's 'great leap forward'. You assume this Dictator would be benevolent, competent, wise, and even-tempered, but you didn't mention how we would manage to find someone who wouldn't turn out to be an Idi Amin.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by samictelecoms12(m): 3:33pm On May 08, 2020
This is unfair oo, some people use bike to feed their family
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by djon78(m): 3:34pm On May 08, 2020
Bagehot:

In Churchill's words, 'Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others'. China is not a democracy, and yet has managed to become a global power - but you didn't mention how that has worked out for the Uighur, or the millions of lives sacrificed in it's 'great leap forward'. You assume this Dictator would be benevolent, competent, wise, and even-tempered, but you didn't mention how we would manage to find someone who wouldn't turn out to be an Idi Amin.

I repeat myself. We don't need democracy in this continent. It has not favoured us.
Our people like to hide under the so called freedom but behave lawless ways.

When the Europeans came to Africa they forcefully put law, order and government on our forbearers. Did they ask for our permission?
They created Nations and boundaries. Some of us up till today don't like it. But that was the only way to put order in place.
My own line of argument is that we may not like it. But thats what our people need.
Africa has been free for over 5 decades and nothing to show for it.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by mira4u: 4:29pm On May 08, 2020
muykem:
Stupidity has started running in Gov Wike's blood. This is the reason why Buhari is still far better than many of our so called governors. You are now executive, judiciary and legislator and come to think of it, he called himself lawyer.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by willyjacs(m): 5:09pm On May 08, 2020
ESSENCE92:

On one hand, I wouldn't blame the people because these countries you mentioned didn't put anyone on lockdown without palliatives..
How can one survive behind doors without sustenance, the virus we dread so much won't kill but hunger will definitely kill if left unattended to..
Na one death go kill a man o
The hungry ones are the ones who obey more...
u read about the government officers nd VIPs he caught breaking the rules.

we just have a problem with behaviours here.

I have friends in UK nd America,I also belong to an American platform.
palliatives(stimulus reliefs as they call it) is not reaching everyone.

I have self employed nd private sector working whites here who are crying of being broke but they'll tell u its better to bear it for a short while just so this problem can end quickly....They are making sacrifices.
the consideration of these people going unemployed plus the economy hit is why lock down are being eased gradually in these countries now.

and u can see how the people are adhering to every rules that comes with the lock down easing....
may God help us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Again, Twitter Deletes President Buhari’s "Genocidal Threat" Video / MC Oluomo Talks Tough At Oshodi APC Mega Rally, Vows To End PDP In Lagos (Pics) / Dibbo, Hajo Sani's Son Flaunts His New Mercedes Benz (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.