Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles (68866 Views)

Wike Orders Arrest Of PHED CEO, Sends Him To Isolation Center / Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown / Customs Begins Online Auction Of Seized Vehicles, Goods - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by willyjacs(m): 11:32pm On May 07, 2020
Good one...its a warning,so who hear this kind warning nd still decide to try nd see like a typical naija man only has himself to blame...
Sometimes Nigerians need steel hands to obey instructions...

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by funshint(m): 11:32pm On May 07, 2020
You'll sell people's car; their prIvate property just like that?? Abeg na who dash this one lawyer? This man is a disgrace to the bar.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by xaggar(m): 11:35pm On May 07, 2020
sexyice:

Another fool... You need to work with facts in your life, else you’d be part of the statistics.

Shut up!

Dunce!

You felt you made sense with that useless epistle you wrote? What do u know about statistics that has made you so sure of the "fake trend" your tout of a governor is spreading.

Nincompoop!

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by funshint(m): 11:36pm On May 07, 2020
djon78:

I mean what I am saying. Africans need very mean leaders. Majority of our people are lawless. They don't obey laws.
Go around the country and see it everywhere.

Up till today, the most feared government in this our democracy time is still Obasanjos government. If you mess up, you are ruthlessly dealt with. Be you a governor or whoever.
Before you reply first go and check the meaning of "mean" . People like you should be feared...Idi amin mentality.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by MPESA(m): 11:36pm On May 07, 2020
dukeprince50:
that Was The reason but wen he started his madness, people told him this is democracy and even called him major general, Rivers State and Nigeria never reason Wike matter, na sharp sharp him tenure go collapse if him no deh flexible like PMB

You as confuse as Buhari..... Lifeless in everything.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by djon78(m): 11:43pm On May 07, 2020
funshint:

Before you reply first go and check the meaning of "mean" . People like you should be feared...Idi amin mentality.

Ah if I was president it will be operation law against Indiscipline and lawless ness.
Traffic law, government laws, tax laws etc must be obeyed.
Anyone that goes fowl will be dealt with ruthlessly.

We like weak leaders that will just allow us do anything we want. Not at all.
Weak leaders are impotent.
Look at President Jonathan, he was weak as a leader and people took him for a ride.
Compare him to Obasanjo.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by sexyice: 11:43pm On May 07, 2020
xaggar:

Shut up!

Dunce!

You felt you made sense with that useless epistle you wrote? What do u know about statistics that has made you so sure of the "fake trend" your tout of a governor is spreading.

Nincompoop!

The pain you feel lacks description, so so sorry.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by chiboysic: 11:46pm On May 07, 2020
If I tell you, you know gree

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by nedekid: 11:51pm On May 07, 2020
yommen:
Wike is confused. People like Wike don't even know if there are existing protocols for punishment of offenders. He now thinks he is the Alpha and Omega.

Was it not Wike that said he was relaxing lockdown during Easter so that xtians can celebrate? This singular act shows that he doesn't even understand the reason for the lockdown in the first instance. Now, he is overdoing it. A confused leader will definitely confuse his people.
Guess he knows the law and powers entrenched on him in his capacity as governor, after all he is a lawyer grin
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by thegloor: 11:51pm On May 07, 2020
BlueBanana:

I watched the video on AIT. He said so

He said something about burning people's houses
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by abdsamad(m): 11:52pm On May 07, 2020
iLegendd:
If you don't like it, get lost. We need leaders like him. We Nigerians hate obeying rules and when we see a leader who doesn't take nonsense, we cry.

One thing you people don't know is: he is not going to auction any car, but with that statement, more car owners will not default.

Lagos and Rivers state are the two states that are supposed to set examples. If these two states don't, Nigerians will continually be disobedient as usual in all states.

These two states should make any rule they set strict and mean — just as Wiké is doing. When Nigerians start obeying rules in Rivers and Lagos state, the rest of the other states will also start obeying rules in their various states.

i don't want to say u people are not serious but there... I said it.
You want to sell a person's car because it was your father's money he bought it with, abi. Noo, seize his wife too and gift her to your younger ones.
Or you think it's 200 naira they are selling it.

That's how you people will encourage another Abacha to come and rule you. There are relatively reasonable laws in existence, just enforce them. And there are reasonable lawmakers in extraneous circumstances, use them. Selling people's properties isn't something that should be encouraged. Before you know it, we'll start hanging people in the market square for refusing to wear face masks

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by MrPaul2: 11:56pm On May 07, 2020
BleedingPen:

https://m.facebook.com/rvsgng/photos/a.2226699437424865/2901922216569247/?type=3&source=48
If it's interstate boundary, I think it will send a note of warning to drivers and passengers who deliberately violate the lockdown rules. Stay in your current state, Nigerian will not listen to simple instruction

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by thegloor: 11:56pm On May 07, 2020
muykem:
Stupidity has started running in Gov Wike's blood. This is the reason why Buhari is still far better than many of our so called governors. You are now executive, judiciary and legislator and come to think of it, he called himself lawyer.

Buhari is no different

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by miceroms: 11:57pm On May 07, 2020
That is an extreme measure.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Sniper101(m): 11:57pm On May 07, 2020
At times like this, it's always good to parade a scape goat so as to deter other citizens from misbehaving.

Gov. Ezebunwo Onyesom Wike
Carry Go!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by dukeprince50: 11:58pm On May 07, 2020
MPESA:

You as confuse as Buhari..... Lifeless in everything.
im in a good mood, I'll pass
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by toxtimmy: 12:01am On May 08, 2020
BleedingPen:

https://m.facebook.com/rvsgng/photos/a.2226699437424865/2901922216569247/?type=3&source=48

Who did not see this coming based on the way he handled the helicopter thing are now confirmed zombies... I mean those that supported his illegal action then should support this action now
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Tribalism123(m): 12:02am On May 08, 2020
THEY SHOULD ALSO AUCTION THE HUMAN BEINGS O
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by lordswill03: 12:14am On May 08, 2020
I think you don't get to hide your character for a long time
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Adgideon(m): 12:21am On May 08, 2020
Senior agbero is selling there cars the best option, cos i definitely know it will be bought by ur pple precisely ur local guvmnt pple they gain more fr u than others
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Numerouno94(m): 12:23am On May 08, 2020
I use to like dis man cos of his doggedness nd dexterity. Buh wat i see in him now is a tyrant. Why is re blacks dis wicked?. Did we offend God?.

This shit cant hapn in decent societies.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by JAYUK(m): 12:35am On May 08, 2020
Nigerians are funny,why can't we obey simple instructions,stay at home order,I have nothing against the Governor .We should be thought to listen attentively.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Goke7: 12:43am On May 08, 2020
hypocrites everywhere, thank God, its not PMB or sanwolu, we for no hear word by now about rule of law and dictatorship
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by newdawn2017(f): 12:49am On May 08, 2020
ghettokid1:
our able Party @PDP should pls caution Gov. Wike, he is going extra mile and that is not what we are known for
Is it not Rivers people?? I trust their valiance & galantcy they can tmdeal fataly with wine when he steps down I know my people, wike could regret dis o. shocked
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by NwaforIgbo: 12:50am On May 08, 2020
Wike is notb fighting any Coronavirus, All I know is that he is engaging in a power play/tussle with FG.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Angelfrost(m): 1:01am On May 08, 2020
Usual 2nd term "I don't care" madness... Rivers people, behold your useless emperor!!!
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by joyfullyjoyous(f): 1:02am On May 08, 2020
This is rather too harsh.
Why not make the pay fines instead!
We are not in North Korea remember!
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Nobody: 1:08am On May 08, 2020
I hope this is a joke, dude is becoming Pharaoh of Egypt.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Cantonese: 1:45am On May 08, 2020
How can people forget so easily?
When PMB was campaigning to become the president, the principal reasons why he was voted were:

1. His intergrity
2. His actions between 31st dec 1985 and aug 1985 as a military head of state
3. His presumed political will as against the "sluggishness" and "foolishness" of GEJ.

The result of the days of standing in the sun is a complete opposite of the reasons for voting. Definitely a lot of the young people on nairaland and Nigeria voted PMB on the basis of hearsay. Many are here today lamenting and regretting.

Nigeria requires decisive leaders. Nigerians on a lot of occssions need rough handling. Those with some sense, once they get on the streets lose their senses. The ones who travel abroad behave themselves very well there. Once they get back home they run crazy.

Wike is exactly the kind of leader Nigerians need. The lockdown in Lagos was heavily defied because the governor was very sympathetic and simple mimded. Today corvid 19 has started spreading faster than imagined in Lagos. Even at that the people do not care. In a few days lockdown will return in full force in Lagos.

With Wike's order there will be sanity. As long as you venture out with your car or walk on the streets you risk getting into trouble. Their complain about hunger will be met with seizure and detention. The ignorant will not put the wise into trouble.

Wike personifies the Nigerian president visualised in the minds of people before 2015. As long as he keeps performing we should clap for him.

As for the follow follow people on nairaland who just join the bandwagon of negative people here, congratulate yourselves. I hope you can carry the same follow follow spirit to Rivers state and dare Gov Wike.

Here for those of us who are realist, I say thank you. For Govs Wike and Umahi I say keep up the good works.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Wizzarro(m): 1:51am On May 08, 2020
Divickofficial:

Youdonminit , so because of small violation u wan auction car wey person dey use feed him family. I laugh in french cool. Nothing wey okoro nogo see for sokoto

All these people supporting all these violators and making noise here will all shut up eventually when a loved one of theirs die of covid 19, my dad got sick recently, for the first time in a very long time I actually felt very scared angry ... this is the first day the lockdown, and yall are being this pathetic. spits

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Proflere: 1:52am On May 08, 2020
You guys should think, think and think.
Why would you sell people's property just to prove a point?
But you can simply make a statement and go back on the statement later.
Nigerians are hard to control, therefore you need to put a little fear in them before they listen to you. He said they should auction the cars, noe people will be forced to stay at home and not dare float the rule again.. Then after you confirm that people are now compliant, you can say you are impressed and forgive the initial offenders.

I am sure he won't try and sell those vehicle, the statement is just to force people to be compliant.
Re: Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles by Nobody: 1:56am On May 08, 2020
djon78:

I mean what I am saying. Africans need very mean leaders. Majority of our people are lawless. They don't obey laws.
Go around the country and see it everywhere.

Up till today, the most feared government in this our democracy time is still Obasanjos government. If you mess up, you are ruthlessly dealt with. Be you a governor or whoever.

Africans need very mean leaders Even when people actively disobeyed lock-down rules in Italy and America, I didn't see anyone talking about this sort of draconian measures. With people like you, Africa doesn't even need democracy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldiers Beat And Flog IPOB Supporters In Isiala Ngwa, Abia (Photos, Video) / Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) / Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.