Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue (5865 Views)

UK Meeting: Aggrieved PDP Governors Demand Tinubu's Support In Five States / Court Stops FG From Unlawful Deduction Of $418million From States Account / 16 SARS Operatives Indicted For Killings In Five States –presidential Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Beautifulminde3: 11:41pm On May 07, 2020
Empty brains these are what contributes to Nigeria economy

8 Likes

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 07, 2020
Some are just mad because Lagos is and will keep on winning. Just using typical fallacies for analyses so as to belittle Lagos' dominance and power-pillar of the country's economy.

It's plain stupidity and gutter arguments to challenge the clear analyses of the economic experts at the helms of economic sector.

Just tell us you are all angry because it is lagos. INCASE YOU WANNA BITE LIKE DOGS, I STUDIED ECONOMICS AND WILL CALABAR YOU OUT.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by YorubaHero12: 11:46pm On May 07, 2020
Beautifulminde3:

All these polytechnic dropouts from West

Ode what do you understand about economy check So for your mind only oil and VAT contribute to economy, go through components gross non oil revenue table forth quarter 2019 , check figures from non oil revenue , VAT etc.

What did SE contribute from all the revenue? No matter the revenue you choose SE contributes nothing but noise.

Barren land and parasitic region!

I spit on flatt-ies head!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by YorubaHero12: 11:48pm On May 07, 2020
okeyglm:
“Onitsha port will serve the South East Nigeria; in fact, Onitsha port will be the most viable port as over 60 per cent of cargo in Nigeria goes to Onitsha, so it is going to be a very busy port,” Ibrahim said. When you Add Aba, nenwi , port Harcourt and Igbo importers in Lagos and other states you will reach 85%. Who brings more to the covers of the Government ? Don't let Afonja to deceive you. Igbo are pillar of this nation.

http://www.nan.ng/news/fg-to-inaugurate-completed-baro-inland-water-port-in-august/

Shut up!

SE are parasites, you contribute nothing.

Where are the revenues from the Onitsha port? Abi na audio?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by HimName: 12:47am On May 08, 2020
I am from 'that side'

In our usual manner, I have decided not to glee.
Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by AngryIgboMan: 1:53am On May 08, 2020
YorubaHero12:

That’s not my question.

The question is what does the SE region contribute to the National purse?

I think SE are the real parasite in Nigeria and not the North. They contribute nothing which explained why they always link themselves to the SS every time.

Lalasticlala Seun hope you guys are seeing this? Calling Igbos parasite?

And this news is even 2017 when Adeosun was minister.

Ok oo. We are watching
Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by YorubaHero12: 1:54am On May 08, 2020
AngryIgboMan:

Lalasticlala Seun hope you guys are seeing this? Calling Igbos parasite?

And this news is even 2017 when Adeosun was minister.

Ok oo. We are watching

So what should lalasticala do?

Ban me for calling SE parasites?

Do you know how many time your uncouth kinsmen called the Northerners parasites on Nairaland??

SE region are contributing nothing to Nigeria purse. They are just feasting on the other tribes. Face the fact and stop crying!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Beautifulminde3: 5:14am On May 08, 2020
YorubaHero12:

What did SE contribute from all the revenue? No matter the revenue you choose SE contributes nothing but noise.

Barren land and parasitic region!

I spit on flatt-ies head!
Ode the VAT is it your kinsmen that contributed to it, check this below tell me what Yorubas contributing, I just pray this country will divide for you guys to see how empty you are, you don't even have gas to power your region, everyday you guys rant over the tax revenue because they use Lagos as headquarter but you guys are so dumb to know gas that power those three power plants in Yoruba land doesn't come from your region, I just pray quick desolation of this country then you will know the real meaning of barren grin

If not the companis own by others, tel me what Yoruba contributing? These are top firms that contribute to Nigeria tax revenue, mind you GTBANK is UK firm

1 Like

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by FlordFlorez(m): 5:36am On May 08, 2020
I got to know that so many people here don't really know what VAT is.
Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Beautifulminde3: 5:40am On May 08, 2020
Empty brains will be making silly noise over tax revenue as if their families are the ones contributing to it, MTN that pay the highest tax is South African firm brought in by Igbos and two Igbo men control the highest shares in MTN Nigeria , Zenith bank is own by Igbo man, UBA is own by Igbos, same with Access bank, Stanbic IBTC Is South Africa bank the biggest Nigeria shareholder is Ifeoma Lillian Esiri an Igbo woman, the only firm Yorubas control major shares is FBN and they are here making silly noise, majority of all the industries in your region are foreign firms, Igbos and others, you cry that those companies is in your land and you guys are so empty to know that gas that power those firms are in other people's land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Lordave: 7:01am On May 08, 2020
Multichoice Nigeria is headquartered in Lagos State. Now when I make a subscription for my DStv I’m always charged 5% VAT.

Given that I don’t reside in Lagos, and I was taxed for the payment I made on my DStv who’s headquartered in Lagos State does my 5% VAT get recorded into VAT collected in my state of residence or in Lagos State where the company I had my transaction with is headquartered in?

Seunmsg, YorubaHero12, Simplyleo.

GamalNasser WiseandTrue
Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by GamalNasser: 7:07am On May 08, 2020
Lordave:
Multichoice Nigeria is headquartered in Lagos State. Now when I make a subscription for my DStv I’m always charged 5% VAT.

Given that I don’t reside in Lagos, and I was taxed for the payment I made on my DStv who’s headquartered in Lagos State does my 5% VAT get recorded into VAT collected in my state of residence or in Lagos State where the company I had my transaction with is headquartered in?

Seunmsg, YorubaHero12, Simplyleo.

GamalNasser WiseandTrue

It gets remitted in Lagos and that's the dynamics I have been trying to get Seunmsg to understand, I think it's wrong to try to use VAT as a Yardstick to measure contributions by regions to the Federal Purse

3 Likes

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Lordave: 7:11am On May 08, 2020
GamalNasser:

It gets remitted in Lagos and that's the dynamics I have been trying to get Seunmsg to understand, I think it's wrong to try to use VAT as a Yardstick to measure contributions by regions to the Federal Purse
Let’s wait for their answers.

Maybe because 60% of companies like that are headquartered in Lagos so only people from South west contributed to the Lagos 55% VAT returns.

2 Likes

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Lordave: 7:16am On May 08, 2020
There’s a reason Ogun State which is listed among top 5 States in internally generated revenues is not on that list.

But trust empty tribal bigots, their only purpose of thinking is for tribal bigotry, yet they’re always the first to yell hatred and bitterness.
Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Gracchus: 7:22am On May 08, 2020
Beautifulminde3:

Ode the VAT is it your kinsmen that contributed to it, check this below tell me what Yorubas contributing, I just pray this country will divide for you guys to see how empty you are, you don't even have gas to power your region, everyday you guys rant over the tax revenue because they use Lagos as headquarter but you guys are so dumb to know gas that power those three power plants in Yoruba land doesn't come from your region, [/b]I just pray quick desolation of this country then you will know the real meaning of barren grin[b]

If not the companis own by others, tel me what Yoruba contributing? These are top firms that contribute to Nigeria tax revenue, mind you GTBANK is UK firm
We hope so too... While we wait, why don't y'll stay in your region first, at least that will help in fast tracking it. Mind you, bulk of the gas used in powering plants in the west comes through the ecravos-lagos pipeline and not your land, let the owners of the gas decide. Abi ecrsvos na una land too

1 Like

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by SpatialKing(m): 7:27am On May 08, 2020
Simplyleo:
Lol.

The report says 5 states account for 87% VAT in Nigeria. The states are Lagos (55%), Rivers and Kano 6% and 5% respectively. FCT came a distant 2nd with 20% while Kaduna was a much more distant 3rd with just 1%. grin grin

Having said that, even a blind, deaf and dumb man knows Ogun, Oyo, Ondo, Benue, Niger, Kwara, Cross Rivers and Edo states account for about 10 out of the 13% balance.

Now, let's assume the remaining 23 states contribute equally to the 3% balance, even though we all know Borno is slightly higher than Ebonyi while Osun beats Anambra and imo states combined. But to avoid argument, let's just assume all contribute equally.

Dividing the 3 into 26 places gives 0.12% per state. Multiplying this by 5 equals 0.57%.

So some 5 worthless undeveloped villages contribute just 0.57% VAT to the national purse (far less than what only Kaduna with the least contributes). Ironically, they claim to be the richest in Nigeria. Smh. undecided

No wonder Lagos na obodo oyibo to some people. angry
Take a chill, you sound frustrated already...VAT is most times influenced by population which SE doesn't have.
Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Gracchus: 7:35am On May 08, 2020
[s][/s]
Beautifulminde3:
Emty brains will be making silly noise over tax revenue as if their families are the ones contributing to it, MTN that pay the highest tax is South African firm brought in by Igbos and two Igbo men control the highest shares in MTN Nigeria , Zenith bank is own by Igbo man, UBA is own by Igbos, same with Access bank, Stanbic IBTC Is South Africa bank the biggest Nigeria shareholder is Ifeoma Lillian Esiri an Igbo woman, the only firm Yorubas control major shares is FBN and they are here making silly noise, majority of all the industries in your region are foreign firms, Igbos and others, you cry that those companies is in your land and you guys are so empty to know that gas that power those firms are in other people's land.
[s][/s]Stop bleating like a goat, y'll have been consistently challenged on this forum to move your audio companies away, is your land averse to those companies?? You played the airport card the other time and we dared you to stop using Lagos airport and port to PH Airport, have you? Weren't you the same fool who created numerous threads about one port in the Niger delta and you rejoiced about how Lagos will soon collapse, our market now, hope your importers have moved to the on e port now, we can't wait for your departure. Bunch of nuisances!!

2 Likes

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Beautifulminde3: 7:39am On May 08, 2020
Gracchus:
We hope so too... While we wait, why don't y'll stay in your region first, at least that will help in fast tracking it. Mind you, bulk of the gas used in powering plants in the west comes through the ecravos-lagos pipeline and not your land, let the owners of the gas decide. Abi ecrsvos na una land too

Igbos are going no where until Nigeria cease to exist, their investments is in West you guys are not feeding them, Lagos economy is Nigeria common wealth, stop hating Igbos because its hard for you people to compete with them.

There are so many gas fields that supply gas to Escavous gas pipeline non in Yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Beautifulminde3: 7:42am On May 08, 2020
Gracchus:
[/s][s]Stop bleating like a goat, y'll have been consistently challenged on this forum to move your audio companies away, is your land averse to those companies?? You played the airport card the other time and we dared you to stop using Lagos airport and port to PH Airport, have you? Weren't you the same fool who created numerous threads about one port in the Niger delta and you rejoiced about how Lagos will soon collapse, our market now, hope your importers have moved to the on e port now, we can't wait for your departure. Bunch of nuisances!!
Ode is PH loacted in Yoruba land grin grin

1 Like

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Gracchus: 7:48am On May 08, 2020
Beautifulminde3:

Igbos are going no where until Nigeria cease to exist, their investments is in West you guys are not feeding them, Lagos economy is Nigeria common wealth, stop hating Igbos because it hard for you people to compete with them.

There are so many gas fields that supply gas to Escavous gas pipeline non in Yoruba land.
If you like cry from today ti eternity, it doesn't change the fact that y'll simpletons supply us no gas, plants in the west are fed by via the ecravis gas plant which is not in your muddy land, when did ecravis become your land?

1 Like

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Beautifulminde3: 7:49am On May 08, 2020
Gracchus:
[/s][s]Stop bleating like a goat, y'll have been consistently challenged on this forum to move your audio companies away, is your land averse to those companies?? You played the airport card the other time and we dared you to stop using Lagos airport and port to PH Airport, have you? Weren't you the same fool who created numerous threads about one port in the Niger delta and you rejoiced about how Lagos will soon collapse, our market now, hope your importers have moved to the on e port now, we can't wait for your departure. Bunch of nuisances!!
You guys will continue your social media rant, Igbos are going no where until Nigeria cease to exist, if Nigeria cease to exist Igbo can never depend on you guys for anything because they are fully blessed with all both human and natural resources, if not Nigeria and British planned policy against east, sea port and airport tell me what else Yoruba can boast of, you guys should stop ranting, start agitating for Odua nation, quick desolation of Nigeria then you guys will understand the meaning of barren land.

2 Likes

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Gracchus: 7:51am On May 08, 2020
Beautifulminde3:

Ode is PH loacted in Yoruba land grin grin
Look at this bastard, who says PH is in Yorubaland, I was merely asking you to start using PH Airport which is closer to your land or probably your land(I care less anyway), and stop using the Lagos airport which you so much hate, at least we know y'll can't wait for the fall of Lagos, but in order to hasten your so called fall of Lagos you can start using PH Airport. How market with your onne port Hope Lagos port has stopped functioning, hope y'll have moved to onne port?

1 Like

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Beautifulminde3: 7:51am On May 08, 2020
Gracchus:
If you like cry from today ti eternity, it doesn't change the fact that y'll simpletons supply us no gas, plants in the west are fed by via the ecravis gas plant which is not in your muddy land, when did ecravis become your land?
You don't even understand the meaning of Escavous pipeline

1 Like

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Beautifulminde3: 7:53am On May 08, 2020
Gracchus:
Look at this bastard, who says PH is in Yorubaland, I was merely asking you to start using PH Airport which is closer to your land or probably your land(I care less anyway), and stop using the Lagos airport which you so much hate, at least we know y'll can't wait for the fall of Lagos, but in order to hasten your so called fall of Lagos you can start using PH Airport. How market with your onne port Hope Lagos port has stopped functioning, hope y'll have moved to onne port?
Bastard Son I feel you emotion grin grin

2 Likes

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Gracchus: 7:54am On May 08, 2020
[s][/s]
Beautifulminde3:

You guys will continue your social media rant, Igbos are going no where until Nigeria cease to exist, if Nigeria cease to exist Igbo can never depend on you guys for anything because they are fully blessed with all both human and natural resources, if no Nigeria and British planned policy against east, sea port and airport tell me what else Yoruba can boast of, you guys should stop ranting, start agitating for Odua nation, quick desolation of Nigeria then you guys will understand the meaning of barren land.
[s][/s] Stop crying werey. Who rants more on social media, no b una dey shout biafra on social media space, ohh, so its no longer Hausa fulani and Yoruba plan its now British plan.... I thought onne port is now working well according to your numerous threads, how are we stopping you from using it? Is PH Airport not functioning? Don't international flight land there? It's funny calling others land barren when they can't even sit their ass down in their land flowing with so called milk and honey. How ironic!!

1 Like

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Gracchus: 7:55am On May 08, 2020
[s][/s]
Beautifulminde3:

Bastard Son I feel you emotion grin grin
[s][/s]Is this all your miniature brain could come up with?

1 Like

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Gracchus: 7:57am On May 08, 2020
Beautifulminde3:

You don't even understand the meaning of Escavous pipeline
Idi
Gracchus:
[/s][s]Is this all your miniature brain could come up with?
Idiot, show me any pipeline that tapped gas from your land and moved it to Lagos.. The only pipeline that feeds Lagos is from the ecmscravos gas plant and not your village gas.

1 Like

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Beautifulminde3: 8:04am On May 08, 2020
Gracchus:
[/s][s] Stop crying werey. Who rants more on social media, no b una dey shout biafra on social media space, ohh, so its no longer Hausa fulani and Yoruba plan its now British plan.... I thought onne port is now working well according to your numerous threads, how are we stopping you from using it? Is PH Airport not functioning? Don't international flight land there? It's funny calling others land barren when they can't even sit their ass down in their land flowing with so called milk and honey. How ironic!!
Onne is working yes, Lagos ports traffic was built for years, it's a process, if you want a quick Igbo usage of eastern ports just wait when Nigeria separate, you can't eat your cake and have it, you can't be telling Igbos to leave your region on the other hate any mention of Biafra to go, if your leaders are contendended with what you have in your region, why fighting and killing many soil to keep Nigeria as one Keep deceiving yourselves with propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue by Beautifulminde3: 8:05am On May 08, 2020
Gracchus:
IdiIdiot, show me any pipeline that tapped gas from your land and moved it to Lagos.. The only pipeline that feeds Lagos is from the ecmscravos gas plant and not your village gas.
Ode go and study the maps I posted gas fields were dotted also with the pipelines

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) / More Than 85 Died In Renewed Cholera Outbreak In Ghana / Festival Of Bare Breast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.