Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,339 members, 7,829,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

FG Activates 22 COVID-19 Testing Laboratories - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Activates 22 COVID-19 Testing Laboratories (325 Views)

NCDC Activates Anambra COVID-19 Testing Centre / COVID-19: 20 States Yet To Have Testing Laboratories / COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Activates 22 COVID-19 Testing Laboratories by Indahosa: 8:20pm On May 07, 2020
The Federal Government has activated 22 molecular diagnostic laboratories for testing coronavirus across the six geopolitical zones of the country.

This is in line with the Presidential mandate to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) to engage in aggressive contact tracing and testing.

It has also set an ambitious target of testing 2 million in another three months.

As at the time of this report, the NCDC has tested 22,492 persons for COVID-19.

The Director-General of the NCDC, Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu, who made these known in Abuja during the daily briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19.

He said that although there are 21 laboratories in the country, the number will increase to 22 with Port Harcourt testing laboratory joining the list.

According to him: “We are managing a network of 22 laboratories nationwide now for COVID-19 testing, they are 21 but by the end of today it will be 22 when we add Port Harcourt.

“We don’t own these labs. We only own the National Reference Laboratory in Abuja. We have been working very hard to prepare the rest to do all these testing.

“We have 36 plus one states, therefore, when results are generated from the lab

Source:http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1030795738?-395:737

Meanwhile:b]GET UNIQUE LOGO, FLIERS, INFOGRAPHICS,BUSINESS CARD,BROCHURES, INVITATION CARD, WEB BANNERS, for your business and start ups. Click on this to Get me on WhatsApp : 0805__262__9795[/b]
Re: FG Activates 22 COVID-19 Testing Laboratories by Tissaia(f): 8:21pm On May 07, 2020
Meanwhile what?
Re: FG Activates 22 COVID-19 Testing Laboratories by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On May 07, 2020
This is good news. Hope more labs are onlined soon to help increase testing capacity, and aid in painting a more complete and accurate picture of the spread of this disease across the country.

1 Like

Re: FG Activates 22 COVID-19 Testing Laboratories by nonyofor2(m): 8:53pm On May 07, 2020
Audio laboratories
Re: FG Activates 22 COVID-19 Testing Laboratories by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:39pm On May 07, 2020
Shell Petroleum Development Company has donated coronavirus testing machines to Rivers State.

https://www.nairaland.com/5842794/covid-19-shell-donates-covid-19-testing
Re: FG Activates 22 COVID-19 Testing Laboratories by SirWarlock: 10:53pm On May 07, 2020
I don't get it. Government can't own testing centres or what What about the ones in Government universities and teaching hospitals . Are we really serious about this thing?
Re: FG Activates 22 COVID-19 Testing Laboratories by Kobojunkie: 11:55pm On May 07, 2020
SirWarlock:
I don't get it. Government can't own testing centres or what What about the ones in Government universities and teaching hospitals . Are we really serious about this thing?
My guess is many of the universities and teaching hospitals remain too ill-equipped to handle the need.

I honestly don't trust the government to adequately run it's own labs so I welcome this news of privately owned labs coming in to help build capacity as far as testing is concerned. Maybe now, Nigerian can process more than an average of 300 tests per day.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Researchers Predict Coronavirus End Date In U.S., UK, Rest Of The World / How To Burn Extra 300 Calories A Day / Another COVID-19 Loophole Bursted In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.