Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections (1512 Views)

How Rufus Akeju Coordinated The Rigging Of Oyo State Elections / Breaking News Inec Declares Imo State Elections Inconclusive / Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 2:16pm On Jan 12, 2011
My people, please review CNN's verdict on the recently concluded Delta state Election, Shows it was a Total Fraud.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/problems-line-nigerian-election-delta-state-nigeria-cnn-report
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by wesley80(m): 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2011
Oh really! So thats what they think? well I've stopped reading Sahara Reporters but here's what Allafrica.com thinks abt same elections;

Nigeria: Delta Rerun - Group Commends Electoral Commission

Agaju Madugba

11 January 2011

Independent Election Monitoring Group (IEMG) has commended the leadership of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) over what it described as INEC's commitment to the electoral process and efforts at improving logistics, during the just-concluded re-run gubernatorial election in Delta state.

The IEMG in its report of the election noted that the outcome of the polls represents the will of the people, in spite of the problems, imperfections and challenges witnessed during the process.

The report equally commended the people of Delta state, "for enthusiastically turning out in large numbers to exercise their democratic franchise, despite the tense political environment before the elections."

The report signed by the coordinator of the group, Festus Okoye, observed that there were still genuine complaints of omissions in the voters' register which had created rowdy situations in some of the polling units, "as those who, could not locate their names on the register or those with the temporary cards or what they saw as a voters register could not vote and insisted on voting.

"There were multiple versions of the voters register in circulation in some of the polling units and some of the party agents used such registers to confuse the voters in some of the polling units."

The report further recommended that, "INEC should carry out intensive and comprehensive sensitization of Nigerians on the demands and provisions of the Modified Open Ballot System that will be used in the April 2011 elections. ,
allafrica.com/stories/201101110640.html

So u see? You've got to choose whom to believe.If I were u I'lld stop allowing myself 2 be brainwashed by SR. See what its turning you into!
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2011
@Wesley80,

but there was video evidence, abi u didnt see that one?

The election was a damn fraud, keep decieving yourself
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by wesley80(m): 4:07pm On Jan 12, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Wesley80,

My friend I trust my eyes more than any damn camera - I was there. You must have a pretty good sense of humour to call that crap 'video evidence'. Believe me. u're d one deceiving yourself.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2011
@Wesley80,

So was I, and my eyes saw wonder.

PDP are damn thieves, thank God they are begining to get the purnishment they deserve, this is the start. Dont worry they will consume themselves, and you can continue to live in denial, and shamelessly call that sham election free and fair
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by wesley80(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Wesley80,

So was I, and my eyes saw wonder.

PDP are damn thieves, thank God they are begining to get the purnishment they deserve, this is the start. Dont worry they will consume themselves, and you can continue to live in denial, and shamelessly call that sham election free and fair

Whateva itches your black n scraggy bum!
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2011
And in good Time that Thief Uduaghan will be unceremonously thrown out, and staright into jail like his phucking brother, where he belongs.

The people of Delta will get justice, you watch
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by wesley80(m): 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2011
monkeyleg:

And in good Time that Thief Uduaghan will be unceremonously thrown out, and staright into jail like his phucking brother, where he belongs.

The people of Delta will get justice, you watch

U know what puts me off the most abt u guys crying wolf? U're not fighting 4 anything other than to have another Urhobo crook as governor. this whole sadistic campaign is just so u guys can trade one crook for another of your stock and choice.What is Ogboru's manifesto U loud mouthed freak? Delta state has got at least 7 major tribes and if u think the rest of the state will sit back and watch u guys produce one crook after another to be governor simply becos they r Urhobos, then let me be the first to tell u u're living in an imagined utopia!
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 5:35pm On Jan 12, 2011
@Wesley80,

I am glad you have finaly come to your senses and admitted that your preffered choice is nothing but that damn thief. He will go to jail, you just watch. By the way I wonder why you think I am Urhobo? narrow minded sod.

Lets set things straight. I am not complaining because I feel an Urhobo man should have it, far from that. No, I am complaining because the whole election was a fraud, after all I am not from the Urhobo tribe, But I believe and stand by the truth, so that you and I in that Delta state might be free.

But it is good that you have come out of your shell and told us that you voted on tribal lines. Big shame. Before tribe comes truth, people like you are prepared to hide the truth just because your tribe is affected.

Mark my word. Uduaghan will be jailed, So I said about Ibori, and so it is happening. You do not spill innocent blood, and hope that nothing happens. The good people of Delta state have suffered too long, and I pray someday soon they will receive the Justice they deserve
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Jan 12, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Wesley80,

I saw what you claim as video evidence myself and NOTHING in that video supports the claims you make of it. I remember the thread very well and nothing in every second of that video supports the claim that the Ballots were snatched or that they were rigged. What I saw was that it was moved, not snatched.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 5:42pm On Jan 12, 2011
@Kobojunkie,

did you see the Christian Purejoy of CNN video? before commenting
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Kobojunkie,

did you see the Christian Purejoy of CNN video? before commenting

I have already seen that, and that too does not have any evidence of the ballot snatching or rigging claimed for the first video, or are you saying it has something else?
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2011
@kobojunkie,

i never infered that the video had anything to do with ballot boxes being snatched, I know that happend. why dont you make your own conclusions from what you see. I have made mine, and it is extremely clear to me that the whole thing was a bloody joke at best
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by Mariory(m): 6:29pm On Jan 12, 2011
Interesting. This is reuters snapshot of the elections.

. . .

Thursday's vote, seen as a litmus test ahead of nationwide polls in April, passed without serious unrest, although there were isolated acts of sabotage. (Reporting by Samuel Tife; writing by Joe Brock; editing by Andrew Dobbie)

http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFLDE70605320110107
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2011
monkeyleg:

@kobojunkie,

i never infered that the video had anything to do with ballot boxes being snatched, I know that happend. why dont you make your own conclusions from what you see. I have made mine, and it is extremely clear to me that the whole thing was a bloody joke at best

I did make my conclusions from what I saw. That particular thread was about the video . .  numerous people tried to claim that video highlighted what they claimed was snatching of ballots and rigging of votes, which I made clear was not the case. You came in, claiming it did.

Now CNN's video shows there were delays and problems in some zones. What conclusion do you need me to draw from that? That the election did not go well and then I should jump to conclude that votes were rigged and the declared winner is a fraud? I still can't do that because I have no evidence of that, but you seem to have made that clear leap yourself, and I ask again, how? SHOW US!!!
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by unipol(m): 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2011
i watched and rewatched this CNN video, and i weap for our dear country, this is a national shame. even the INEC chairman accepted he has failed but it is not his fault, then whose fault is it? maybe mine?his empty promices is a chalade. this man is as foolish as iwu. JUST IMAGINE

(1) IT IS NOT HIS FAULT THAT PEOPLE CAN'T VOTE
(2)IT IS NOT HIS FAULT THAT ELECTION MATERIAL WAS NOT AVAILABLE
(3)IT IS NOT HIS FAULT THAT POLLING STATION WAS EMPTY
(4)IT IS NOT HIS FAULT THAT INEC OFFICIALS COULD NOT BE SEEN
(5)IT IS NOT HIS FAULT THAT SECURITY WAS NOT PROVIDED

THE LAW COURT THAT STRIKE PDP CHAIRMAN OUT OF OFFICE SHOULD STRIKE HIM OUT TOO.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Jan 12, 2011
Na wa ooo!! grin
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2011
@Kobojunkie,

I have invited you to Nigeria to come and witness the forthcoming elections, dont worry i will pay your fare. but please carry camera, notepad and pencil. Register, and vote, and while at it you are likely to see malpractice, please record it on your camera, the show all of us. All this sitting in the US making mouth just wont wash.

Like I said, why was NTA, Channels, and co not running full commentary and covering the elections fully? they would have probably gotten their heads blown off.

what was the point of that cnn video, if not to show the state of unpreparedness of INEC, and that recent sham elections. You seem to be the only one seeing it differently
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Kobojunkie,

I have invited you to Nigeria to come and witness the forthcoming elections, dont worry i will pay your fare. but please carry camera, notepad and pencil. Register, and vote, and while at it you are likely to see malpractice, please record it on your camera, the show all of us. All this sitting in the US making mouth just wont wash.

I am a registered voter and have voted in the past in the same country and the country I currently reside in, so I don't see why you need me to come down to Nigeria to document what you can as well do for yourself rather than just coming on here to whine and complain election after election. I am sure your own arms and legs are not broken, so again, I see no reason why I ought to come down there to do your job for you.

monkeyleg:

Like I said, why was NTA, Channels, and co not running full commentary and covering the elections fully? they would have probably gotten their heads blown off.

Do I really have to tell you why NTA and some of the other channels would not even bother covering what you want? Are we not speaking of the same Nigerian system that has been broken for like forever? Why are you not doing that for yourself? If you really feel strongly about this and you believe there is fraud and rigging as you claim, why have you not taken it on yourself to document and cover it for the world to see? You have the means to do it, so why do you need NTA and channels that likely do not share your passion to do this for you?

monkeyleg:

what was the point of that cnn video, if not to show the state of unpreparedness of INEC, and that recent sham elections. You seem to be the only one seeing it differently

Yes, it definitely shows INEC is not doing a good job BUT it still does not show rigging, fraud etc as many continue to claim. CNN did what it could. You on the other hand should show us something about the fraud you claim. You were here 2007 complaining of the rigging. Fast forward 2011, you want to continue doing exactly?
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by wesley80(m): 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2011
@monkeyleg
I'm sure u probably think I support Uduaghan cos I'm Itsekiri, but u're wrong cos I'm not. and just because u're isoko doesnt make u a non-urhobo.
Ethnicity aside, I asked a question, have u seen Ogboru's manifesto? What is d basis of your support 4 him? R u so blinded by yoyr desperation 4 change dat u dont care who takes d seat? Y should i be in a hurry to vote 4 another Urhobo man when d 2 they've produced (Ibru & Ibori) were collosal failures? Lets face it, 95% of those against Uduaghan do so becos of his association with your criminal son Ibori and that includes u. Most of u dim witted opposers can hardly give any other sensible reason 4 your criticisms. Uduaghan has only served one term and has already achieved more than what yr annointed son Ibori managed in 8yrs and yet we r supposed 2 throw him out 4 someone whose only campaign slogan I can recall from 2007 to date is that his mom is from Obiaruku!
Uduaghan is no saint and obviously hasnt made d best use of our resources but some of his projects r laudable and wld transform d state when they come through. If Ogboru hopes 2 rule this state, he's got to learn to tell pple what plans he's got as well as reach out to every tribe in d state like Uduaghan has done instead of naively basing his support in Urhobo/Isokoland, counting on d votes of his maternal home and inlaws to deliver an election then turning around 2 cry blue murder wen he gets d bashing of his life.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2011
@Wesley80,

There you have it, another very wrong assumption. I no be Isoko man. but what are you complaining about Uduaghan and ibori no be brodas? 2 big thieves from the same family, dem parents don suffer.
udughan has been in government for the past 12yrs so do give my that crap. he has been part and parcel of the Ibori/uduaghan fleecing dynasty.

A nd talking of achievements, what has he done? is it not this same idiot that listed swimming pool in Government house as one of his achievements? Abi im dey let you swim inside?

Listen, young man, i dont care what part of delta state the governor come from, as long as he rules well and makes absolute prudent use of our resources. not sponsoring his 19yr daughters NGO. can you believe that? 19yrs, but already has an NGO which her fraudulent father has pumped in millions of state fund.

You should learn to eat at the kings table, not being content with being fed Scraps not even fit for a dog. uduaghan is meant to be a public servant, serving you and me, not stealing our money
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by asha80(m): 10:03pm On Jan 12, 2011
Monkeyleg and wesley80 both of you are from delta north so please quit assuming other ethnicites for yourselves.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by SapeleGuy: 10:07pm On Jan 12, 2011
"No one is voting because in many areas people are taking the law in to their own hands. [b]Many of our officials have been attacked, many of our voting materials have been diverted in many of these places you are talking about [/b]so it cannot be our fault," said Attahiru Jega, Chairman of Nigeria's Independent National Electoral Commission, or INEC.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2011
^^^^^
Yet they called it free and fair election. It was a bloody SHAM
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 10:12pm On Jan 12, 2011
@Asha 80,

I have not assumed any false ethnicity. My simple point is that I call it as I see it. I dont give a phuck where the Governor comes from as long as he does a decent Job, but in this case Uduaghan has failed miserably, and should get reayd to join his brother in Crench AKA Jete
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by SapeleGuy: 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2011
asha 80:

Monkeyleg and wesley80 both of you are from delta north so please quit assuming other ethnicites for yourselves.

Now that was a funny line. You don put sand for the garri.

Rather than focus on Uduaghan or Ibori, I hope they will be honest  enough to name their indigenes who 'delivered' Delta North to PDP for personal gain.

Monkeyleg, it is not enough to be fixated with jailing Governors, you also have to include Commissioners Civil Servants, Local Government Chairmen etc otherwise it becomes a pointless vendetta.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 10:39pm On Jan 12, 2011
@Sapeleguy,

Bring them all, Okere High college awaits
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by SapeleGuy: 10:50pm On Jan 12, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Sapeleguy,

Bring them all, Okere High college awaits

grin
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by wesley80(m): 11:54pm On Jan 12, 2011
@monkeyleg
So Uduaghan has done nothing? Perharps u're too blind 2 see. I'm not surprised anyway considering your penchant 4 denying d obvious. But i'm surprised u keep dodging my question;What was Ogboru's campaign promise? Nothing is d answer. He rode on d ignorance of folks like u, whipping up sentiments propagated by d likes of Clark - Nothing more. And just like a castle of sand, it has collapsed b4 your very eyez and here u are refusing 2 sleep every night fighting a long lost battle.
D truth is Uduaghans achievement was neva d issue in d election just as Ogborus manifesto wasnt. Rather, d issues were Ethnicity,political balance,money, power and of course d ubiquitous zoning. Victory was guaranteed 4 anyone that could manipulate all 5 to his advantage and thats exactly what Uduaghan did therefore victory was inevitable. So dont sit your black butt there tryin 2 climb a moral high ground about achievements and whats best 4 Delta state. U and your likes have refused to accept d fact that u backed a grossly inept politician so u go about peddling baseless allegations abt electoral fraud bla bla bla, Y not save your breaths 4 April where u're sure 2 get anoda whooping d way u're going.
@asha, I refuse to believe this guy is from Delta North. Dont tell me the effects of Too much Oghwo and Starch can be this bad! Tufiakwa.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by unipol(m): 11:59pm On Jan 12, 2011
SapeleGuy:

"No one is voting because in many areas people are taking the law in to their own hands. [b]Many of our officials have been attacked, many of our voting materials have been diverted in many of these places you are talking about [/b]so it cannot be our fault," said Attahiru Jega, Chairman of Nigeria's Independent National Electoral Commission, or INEC.

KOBO and others are here making baseless point
the election was not rigged. what is the definion of rigging?
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On Jan 13, 2011
^^^ First of all, be careful what you accuse people of cause it might come back to bite you. Nowhere have I made any claims on this election or any other. The only post I made a conclusion on was on another thread where people tried to claim the particular video the thread was based on, proved there was ballot snatching and rigging which it clearly did not show. I repeated that claim here for @Monkeyleg to be sure of what I said and where I stood on that.

Please learn to READ to UNDERSTAND posts instead of responding with BASELESS accusations yourself.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by wesley80(m): 12:22am On Jan 13, 2011
@unipol
U Can read and write so i want to believe you've sat for an exam before. All through your sojourn in primary school (safe to assume you're now in secondary school) was there neva a time a classmate of yours cheated during exams? Lets say he had a missile somewhere or was caught seriously giraffing. Did d offense lead to the cancellation of your entire exams or the culprit was isolated and punished? Ok which one makes more sense to u? Singling out d individual 4 punishment or ridiculing d entire class including the examiners?
There's a reason the troubles during d elections were described as 'isolated incidents'. Now for your assignment tonight can you describe the relationship between my simple analogy above and the Delta state elections? Come on, I've got sweets!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. / Is poverty D reason for D loudness of D subsidy protest in some parts of Nig? / Revert Fuel Price Within 24 Hours: David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.