Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections (1515 Views)

How Rufus Akeju Coordinated The Rigging Of Oyo State Elections / Breaking News Inec Declares Imo State Elections Inconclusive / Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by Beaf: 12:53am On Jan 13, 2011
The bigger question in Delta state and national politics is, what happens to E.K. Clark?
He has lost resoundingly to GEJ's troops, so what next for the man?
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 7:27am On Jan 13, 2011
@Wesley80,

Right, why dont you tell the esteemed panel on this forum what Uduaghan's achievements have been? considering he has been in government for 12yrs? Please also remember to point out that he listed swimming pool in goverment house as one of them. I can go through them, but they are not worthy of mention, damn shaleful if you ask me.

And yes, i am from delta north. I didnt sell my soul and my childrens future for 1000 naira, like you did. People like you remian the problem we have in Nigeria. Still engaging in buns and stock-fish politics.

I ask again, what has uduaghan done for the state? please list them
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by texazzpete(m): 7:35am On Jan 13, 2011
PDP would have won the re-run elections, rigging or no rigging. And the process was largely fair even though there were isolated instances of fraud.

There is another election in 4 - 5 months time. Use your energies to prepare well and sell your message to the voters instead of engaging in internet arguments.

monkeyleg:

@Wesley80,

Right, why dont you tell the esteemed panel on this forum what Uduaghan's achievements have been? considering he has been in government for 12yrs? Please also remember to point out that he listed swimming pool in goverment house as one of them. I can go through them, but they are not worthy of mention, damn shaleful if you ask me.

And yes, i am from delta north. I didnt sell my soul and my childrens future for 1000 naira, like you did. People like you remian the problem we have in Nigeria. Still engaging in buns and stock-fish politics.

And i ask you, what are you doing now to ensure that the next election will see PDP kicked out?
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 7:53am On Jan 13, 2011
@texazzpete,

the elections were far from being free and fair, so lets not kid ourselves. The forthcomig national elections will prove my point.

What do you expect a people to do, when the whole process is in such a mess.

have they tackled election thuggery?
Election theft?
False voters registeration?
security?

You say it as if all is well. for me the issue here is not if what happend in Delta state was wrong, ofcourse it was, but what would happen nationally
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by wesley80(m): 11:50am On Jan 13, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Wesley80,

My friend its people like u that are d problem we have in Nigeria. Your failure to realize that we are a country with over 70% of its population living on less than a dollar a day is the problem we have. There are people in your village and even in towns that would be happy to get N1000 in an entire month! I'm talking about abject poverty and you expect them to vote for a candidate that they've neva even heard of and discard the one that shared them bags of rice, salts and clothing materials during the yuletide? You can yapp all you want about all thats wrong with buying of votes but fact is Nigeria is not one idyllic society where people look beyond immediate gratification in casting their votes nor consider the implications of trading their votes for cash.
The states commissioner for works, a special adviser to the state governor, a representative in the states house of assembly and a representative in the federal House of reps (All PDP) hail from a community in Delta North, but this same community has No road, No drinkable water (except the Niger and a couple of surrounding streams around), No electricity( The generator donated by Agip packed up years ago). But guess what? on the day of the PDP rally for Uduaghan and local primaries, almost d entire village young and old with masquerades congregated to hold a befitting rally for their political 'sons' and the most heart wrenching was the venue - a derelict government primary school with blown out roofs and chairless classrooms! I hope u're beginning to understand d power of immediate gratification. And people like u dare to question how the PDP won by a landslide? Questions like this make me wonder if people living in this same society can really be this naive?.
What u should be wasting your breath on is on how to enlghten and educate voters to look beyond gratification in casting their votes instead of indulging in this brazen display of ignorance and naivety. But come to think of it, isnt that typical of someone that is ready to shed blood for a candidate he doesnt even know his manifesto? And u think u're better than those that trade their votes for a bag of salt? Your arguments are the very echoes of what the average okada man in the street thinks and I find it hard to believe I'm trying to convince an educated(?) person about his own society.
And about what uduaghan has achieved, pls lets not go there.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2011
@Wesley80,

From your post, I really dont get you stand. Are you for bread and butter politics, or one whichs the right candidate on merit?

And please be very clear with your comments because I have never suggested or advocated for violence
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by wesley80(m): 1:49pm On Jan 13, 2011
My friend this isnt about what I'm for or against. the point i'm trying 2 make is that ppl are too blinded by poverty 2 give a damn about what their votes are worth and so Uduaghan couldnt have lost d elections merely based on his perceived incompetence.
My reference to u ready 2 shed blood was only figurative so dont pee on your pants just yet.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 2:43pm On Jan 13, 2011
@Wesley80,

Well I havent suggested that Uduaghan would have lost the election based on his incompetence, I am suggesting that the muddafocker was damn useless and had to rig his way back in. You can take it or leave it.

I am not prepared to accept rubbish as a governor, maybe you are. But u can be rest assured that the guilty will finally pay. And you my friend should start learning how to eat from the kings table, stop being told that all you are good for is Uduaghan's scraps

Uduaghan is your servant, he is meant to be serving you, not feeding you scraps of food with rightfully belong to you.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 3:38pm On Jan 13, 2011
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by wesley80(m): 4:09pm On Jan 13, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Wesley80,

I am not prepared to accept rubbish as a governor, maybe you are. But u can be rest assured that the guilty will finally pay. And you my friend should start learning how to eat from the kings table, stop being told that all you are good for is Uduaghan's scraps

Uduaghan is your servant, he is meant to be serving you, not feeding you scraps of food with rightfully belong to you.

Someday, we'll get there. we r not there yet so pls stop making a complete foool of yourself. I take God beg u.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2011
@Wesley80,

you must be living in another planet to think that with this behaviour you will be heading in the right direction. Dont kid yourself my friend.

If it means by facing up to the truth, I am called a fool, then so be it. I am not in the business of telling myself a lie. To you my friend that is the best lesson you can ever learn, keep accpeting rape from those who should serve you. And remember to tell your kids that you sold them up for 1000 naira
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Jan 13, 2011
monkeyleg:

@texazzpete,

the elections were far from being free and fair, so lets not kid ourselves. The forthcomig national elections will prove my point.

What do you expect a people to do, when the whole process is in such a mess.

have they tackled election thuggery?
Election theft?
False voters registeration?
security?

You say it as if all is well. for me the issue here is not if what happend in Delta state was wrong, ofcourse it was, but what would happen nationally

Aren't you tired of repeating the same old story over and over? I mean Who do you now expect to do all the above in a Country where you have concluded that all is not well? Who? I really hope in a couple of months, you will not be back again telling us the same sob stories of how "YOu are still the victim in all this and no one is fair to you". Seriously, it get's really old!
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by monkeyleg: 5:10pm On Jan 13, 2011
@Kobojunkie,

Really, what is your problem with my complaint? If you dont like it, go somewhere else and comment, why dont you start with issues that affect your own state, at least I am speaking about those which affect mine.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Jan 13, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Kobojunkie,

Really, what is your problem with my complaint? If you dont like it, go somewhere else and comment, why dont you start with issues that affect your own state, at least I am speaking about those which affect mine.

The problem is it seemed you were going at me for not seeing this your way, earlier on this thread, and on the other thread(the video thread)! I can easily ignore your comments . Sure, I will.

By the way, how do you know these issues ,you claim, do not affect my own state? Let me guess, you have also concluded I am definitely not from this state because I do not share your view?  undecided
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by wesley80(m): 5:28pm On Jan 13, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Kobojunkie,

Typical. Gets whooped in elections and cries foul, Gets whooped by a lady and cries for mom! grin grin grin
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by fstranger1: 5:33pm On Jan 13, 2011
wesley80:

Typical. Gets whooped in elections and cries foul, Gets whooped by a lady and cries for mom! grin grin grin

Ode

Kobo is not a lady

She is a senile grand ma!
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by wesley80(m): 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2011
fstranger1:

Ode

Kobo is not a lady

She is a senile grand ma!

If the 'f' that begins your name didnt stand for 'FOOOL' u wld av known the only thing that matters is her being female.
Re: Cnn's View On Recent Delta State Elections by unipol(m): 10:34pm On Jan 13, 2011
@ wisley80, you need to grow.your tribalistic mentality is making you to be illogical in every sense of judgement. i am not from delta and i don't care about any tribe or any candidate. i am after the fact that delta rerun is one state election, which  can make or mal the whole thing that is pretentious about what is meant by democracy.
  ok, imagine that you are an examination candidate with a national interest. and on the day of your exams, no material/question papers was brought to your centre, no examiner, no explanation. but the education minister has just anounced that your material have been hijacked by your challengers, you still insist the exams should not be cancelled.
"injustice any where is a threat to justice every where" you are the change that this country is yet to have. but from what i am seeing, nigeria will still remain the devils kingdom for long, my hope is far.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? / Tony One Week Is Anambra House Minority Leader! / South Africa, Not Nigeria, Included In BRICS Because It Made A Better Acronym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.