Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Corona Virus: Observations. Lessons Learnt - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Corona Virus: Observations. Lessons Learnt (214 Views)

Real Life Lessons I Learnt From An Injury I Had 6 Years Ago, But Treating Today. / I am Scared O, Have Learnt My Lesson, No More Skin To Skin / Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corona Virus: Observations. Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 12:14am On May 08, 2020
What do you think are the observations/lessons learnt from this corona pandemic?
For me personally I believe corona virus has revealed the gross inadequacies in our system and of course leaders. A situation where palliatives were as good as "non-existent" despite the immense wealth of the nation. A situation where people are being told to "stay-at-home" with no food, money or care whatsoever.
How do you expect people to stay at home when there are issues such as:
1. Inadequate water supply
2. "Largely" inadequate, ineffective and insufficient power supply: (For this heat, you no fit talk say people go siddon inside house. for wetin na? Not all Nigerians have generators that can power Air conditioners)
3. Inadequate waste disposal
4. Other issues like continuous billing systems (including electricity tariffs) which doesn't care or pause for corona virus to "finish and go". The taught of the billing system alone would cause you to stand up.

I realized that other than people asking intelligent questions like "what is going on in our government and with our "elected" leaders?? Why are we not being catered for in times like this? Why hasn't Nigeria gone passed this stage. Is it a curse?? Why is Nigeria stagnant and poor?? How can we feed?? etc." they are bothered about/fighting over grossly irrelevant things like religion, sexuality and tribe (Especially "TRIBE). I see some nasty and SENSELESS posts on tribalism (especially here on nairaland). Don't you realize that a divided house cannot stand especially in days of adversity?? Don't you know that whether we divide or not, our so-called leaders will never change and still remain who they are? (Always failing?) Don't you realize they are using all sorts of means (whether through our tribal heads, religious heads etc) to get us at loggerheads to create for distractions from the realities?? How on earth can you call yourself a graduate and not figure this out?? I wonder what kind of graduate will not figure a simple trick like this. (So many DUMMIES as graduates).
We ought to unite so as to question these folks on how they run this country and to make demands from them (as its clear WE DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE BASICS EXPECTED IN A COUNTRY TO START WITH). I watch foreign news and just shake my head when the citizens ask for much greater things from their governments despite the fact that they are being taken care of adequately. These are countries that are "world powers" o and yet they do not show arrogance to their citizens as they do to other countries. Whenever it gets to their country/citizens, they humble themselves and show GREAT CARE. Sometimes, I just shake my head on what is even making their citizens "scream".But in Nigeria, it's the other way round. They show arrogance to the people and then show humility before foreign nations (even though at times they come as investors to these foreign nations with looted funds). No sovereignty! Nothing! So pathetic! I wonder, "is Nigeria CURSED??" The way these our politicians are going, I just pray there's no revolution.
The politicians are not even my problem but Nigerians who have chosen to be senseless, taking heed to even their pastors that have proven to be useless in a time such as these.
Nigerians ought to wisen up and stop bigotry. We ought to come together and ensure our nation is built at least for posterity sake. If we unite and we ourselves stand on our grounds, our politicians would have no choice than to bring out the best in themselves and WORK. Let's encourage these politicians by uniting. Let's not spoil them by allowing them to do whatever they like. Where we unite, they bring out their bests and work, where we divide they take advantage of the situation and loot.
These are my observations (and lessons)

Add yours
Re: Corona Virus: Observations. Lessons Learnt by helinues: 12:26am On May 08, 2020
Religion and politicians are scammers

Our Nigeria billionaires are audio billionaires.

Nigeria banks are one of the worst banks in the world.. None of them make direct donation even to their customers.

That man shall reap whatever he sows.

Even though Engr, Prof Karma does not have legs or arms, it's damn real

Savings is very important
Re: Corona Virus: Observations. Lessons Learnt by Kobojunkie: 1:05am On May 08, 2020
sbaks:

Nigerians ought to wisen up and stop bigotry. We ought to come together and ensure our nation is built at least for posterity sake. If we unite and we ourselves stand on our grounds, our politicians would have no choice than to bring out the best in themselves and WORK. Let's encourage these politicians by uniting. Let's not spoil them by allowing them to do whatever they like. Where we unite, they bring out their bests and work, where we divide they take advantage of the situation and loot.
These are my observations (and lessons)
When a person in an environment and culture that cloths one in many layers so much foolishness and bigotry, on a regular basis, it becomes hard for that person to do any differently when given the chance to.

(1) (Reply)

Strange US Congress Bill Over COVID-19 / How To Drink For Health And Longevity / Oyo confirms 19 COVID-19 cases from the 'same organisation'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.