Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) (10236 Views)

May God Keep Daddy Adeboye. That Man Is A True Man Of God / WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? / Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. (From John 14:24) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by lonelydora: 9:45am On Jun 14, 2020
And the greatest of all is LOVE
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by loadedvibes: 9:45am On Jun 14, 2020
The Lord's commandments are not very difficult to the man who loves God.. but I like to say it takes God to love God.

Anyway.. come and buy Educational Tablets for your kids at very affordable price

Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by barrypro: 9:47am On Jun 14, 2020
True
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by IJOBA2: 9:48am On Jun 14, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.
And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever"— John 14:15-16

If you truely love GOD you won't break HIS law.
WHICH COMMANDMENT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT SINCE THE OLD THINGS HAVE PASSED AWy MOST CHRISTIANS ARE CONFUSED I SWEAR
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by YorubaKinging: 9:51am On Jun 14, 2020
Well, lukewarm like righteousness89 thinks it's okay if you don't keep Gods commandments because God loves you and His grace Is sufficient

He said it's okay not to remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy

Indeed 90percent of Christians don't really know what they are doing

They can't think for themselves

But always say whatever thier false pastors told them
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by SenecaTheYonger: 9:55am On Jun 14, 2020
Yes. What humans call love is actually lust. If you think you love a woman, then you should be able to transfer that same feeling to a man, but it's not possible, because waht we call love is lust. The only true love is obedience.
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by Kobojunkie: 9:59am On Jun 14, 2020
IJOBA2:
WHICH COMMANDMENT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT SINCE THE OLD THINGS HAVE PASSED AWy MOST CHRISTIANS ARE CONFUSED I SWEAR

Jesus Christ gave you about 46 commandments to obey, of which the 2 greatest of the 46 you probably already are aware of.
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by Kobojunkie: 10:01am On Jun 14, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Well, lukewarm like righteousness89 thinks it's okay if you don't keep Gods commandments because God loves you and His grace Is sufficient

The commandmemt for the sabbath is of the old Covenant though. grin
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by Onlyonebuhari: 10:02am On Jun 14, 2020
The first commandment is your Lord is one.
Only ONE and beside him there is no other saviour
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by betterman22(m): 10:02am On Jun 14, 2020
cool
Stephenmoka4:
I know this question is weird, (I am kind of a weird person too): How do one love God, sometimes I ask myself what kind of love do I have for God and I can't tell if it's love, since you mentioned it's not the physical type of love I.e chemical (passions and desire)
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by Kobojunkie: 10:03am On Jun 14, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
Yes. What humans call love is actually lust. If you think you love a woman, then you should be able to transfer that same feeling to a man, but it's not possible, because waht we call love is lust. The only true love is obedience.

We can love our ownselves, so we can love as God has callee us to. God commands that we love our neighbor as we love our ownselves.

First, you need to figure out what it means ti love yourself. Then apply that to loving all men and women alile, exactly as you apply it to your self.
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by IJOBA2: 10:04am On Jun 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ gave you about 46 commandments to obey, of which the 2 greatest of the 46 you probably already are aware of.
STOP SAYING RUBBISH BRUH, CHRIST DID NOT CHANGE ANY LAW. EVEN THE ALMIGHTY HIMSELF SAID THAT THE HEAVEN AND EARTH WILL NOT PASS AWAY UNTIL HIS LAW FULLY COME TO PASS.

SO YOU MEAN THAT A MERE MORTAL JUST LIKE YOU AND I CAN CHANGE THE WORD OF GOD
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by Kobojunkie: 10:10am On Jun 14, 2020
IJOBA2:
STOP SAYING RUBBISH BRUH, CHRIST DID NOT CHANGE ANY LAW. EVEN THE ALMIGHTY HIMSELF SAID THAT THE HEAVEN AND EARTH WILL NOT PASS AWAY UNTIL HIS LAW FULLY COME TO PASS.

SO YOU MEAN THAT A MERE MORTAL JUST LIKE YOU AND I CAN CHANGE THE WORD OF GOD

Christ did not change the law.. instead He is a new law, the New Covenant, that is to make you perfect. That New Covenant comes with a light yoke ( about 46 commandments) and a burden that is easy( your cross/Life).

It also comes complete with blessings for obedience and curses for disobedience, an entry requirement (about 7 commands) and a seal(The Spirit of God Himself).

I did not change a single thing of His truth. Simply telling you what you are obviously not aware that Christ is, the New Covenant that was promised -- a complete agreement for each person to choose.
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by IJOBA2: 10:21am On Jun 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Christ did not change the law.. instead He is a new law, the New Covenant, that is to make you perfect. That New Covenant comes with a light yoke ( about 46 commandments) and a burden that is easy( your cross/Life).

It also comes complete with blessings for obedience and curses for disobedience, an entry requirement (about 7 commands) and a seal(The Spirit of God Himself).

I did not change a single thing of His truth. Simply telling you what you are obviously not aware that Christ is, the New Covenant that was promised -- a complete agreement for each person to choose.
IM A MONOTHEIST BRUH, WHY WOULD CHRIST CURSE A FIG TREE THAT HE DID NOT CREATE
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:22am On Jun 14, 2020
Thank

you,

Jesus

1 Like

Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by eddyvin(m): 10:31am On Jun 14, 2020
[/left]
Kobojunkie:

[left]
Kobojunkie:

Kobojunkie:

Brother please name the 46 new commandment given in the new covenant.
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by Kobojunkie: 10:33am On Jun 14, 2020
IJOBA2:
IM A MONOTHEIST BRUH, WHY WOULD CHRIST CURSE A FIG TREE THAT HE DID NOT CREATE
Why is that connected to you being a monotheist?

Why did Christ curse the tree? Because He could! grin

According to John 1, He , Jesus is the life even in the tree. undecided
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by ahamonyeka(m): 10:34am On Jun 14, 2020
if we must keep the commandment then we should learning to keep the Sabbath day holy and which day is that Sabbath day?
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by Finallydead: 10:45am On Jun 14, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
I usually expect the love man have for God should be a passionate and affectionate love.
The kind of questions I get made me think so;
Do you desire God
How much do you love God
Have you spend 5 minutes with God just for a day.

With questions like this I do expect the kind of love to be craving and desiring.

There are two aspects of love. In greek, they are distinguished as the "agape" and the "philo" (I'm leaving out "eros" ).
"Agape" is simply love that is principled on utter selflessness/ sacrifice of one's will and devotion only to the will of God and needs(not selfish wants) of another.(1Cor13).
"Philo" on the other hand is based on pleasure and the enjoyment/joy of satisfaction derived in another, the object of love.

If you're a believer, you should have experienced at least a minute measure of God's pleasurable love(philo) which convinces us of His goodness.
But after that, the thing is, God wants every believer to experience this pleasure to the fullest, having fullness of joy and satisfaction within(1Pet1:8 ). In this "philo" love all desires for sin are expunged and all your desire is renewed for God and His beauty as you find nothing created compares to.
Jesus Christ remains the pattern for how we can enter into fullness of pleasure love. He lived on earth on the principle of selfless love(agape) until His death and after which He entered into fullness of His Father's joy and pleasure. And He gave His disciples the secret, capping it up here:
Joh 14:21-23 KJV 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him 22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (here, after the agape love is fulfilled by the man, the pleasurable enjoyment comes through the manifestation of Father and Son to the man)

So also we can here on earth experience God's pleasure love of satisfaction if we live selflessly devoted to the will of God.

NB: God is love regardless of what we do. But those who will experience the fullness of joyous love at will are those who follow the principle of selfless love. Others will settle for mercy droplets and providence.
Some scripturally unlearned folks may tell you we don't have to work for God's love providing scriptures out of context. But we are not working, agape love is expressing the divine nature in us i.e. God is working through us and the more we sow this as a seed the more we can yield the fruit of "philo" love/fullness of joy.
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by SenecaTheYonger: 10:54am On Jun 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

We can love our ownselves, so we can love as God has callee us to. God commands that we love our neighbor as we love our ownselves.

First, you need to figure out what it means ti love yourself. Then apply that to loving all men and women alile, exactly as you apply it to your self.

My post was trying to define what the word "love" is, as it has been misinterpreted by humans since the beginning of time.
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by mywells: 10:55am On Jun 14, 2020
Have you ever read something in the Bible that seems a little weird? I have, and I did. In this case, it had to do with the kings. It struck me as I was reading along in Deuteronomy 17 that God was giving instructions for kings. That was strange since they had no king. God was their king, and He spoke to them through his chosen prophets and leaders. But God knew that the day would come when the people would demand a human king. He knew that they would not be happy until they were like all the other nations who had kings. So around chapter 17 of Deuteronomy, God laid down some specific commandments for these future kings through Moses.
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:01am On Jun 14, 2020
YorubaKinging:

90 percent of Christian don't read their Bible,
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:02am On Jun 14, 2020
God love doesn't exist. True love is not conditional.

Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:04am On Jun 14, 2020
The above children must keep Gods commandments before he helps them.
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:07am On Jun 14, 2020
Finallydead:

There are two aspects of love. In greek , they are distinguished as the "agape" and the "philo". I'll leave out the "eros" love.
Agape is simply love that is principled on utter selflessness/ sacrifice of one's will and devotion only to the will of God and needs(not selfish wants) of another.(1Cor13).
Philo on the other hand is based on pleasure and the enjoyment/joy of satisfaction derived in another, the object of love.

If you're a believer, you should have experienced at least a minute measure of God's pleasurable love(philo) which convinces us of His goodness.
But after that, the thing is, God wants every believer to experience this pleasure to the fullest, having fullness of joy and satisfaction within(1Pet1:8 ). In this "philo" love all desires for sin are expunged and all your desire is renewed for God and His beauty as you find nothing created compares to.
Jesus Christ remains the pattern for how we can enter into fullness of pleasure love. He lived on earth on the principle of selfless love(agape) until His death and after which He entered into fullness of His Father's joy and pleasure. So also we can here on earth experience God's pleasure love of satisfaction if we live selflessly devoted to the will of God.
Selflessly devoting , I will be honest with you that part is not an easy one. I do get jealous seeing religious people practicing it and get motivated to doing it, once they are out sight - well my materialistic self comes back sad .
One sided love is a no no for me, I always like it 50-50 or balance. I know the love of God is bigger than anything great emotion of man, which can never be a 50-50, you can't tell me God loves me and I will be still sinning, any idea how that feels.
I can be annoying and sometimes stirring up trouble, I know it's wrong but, I think it's fun a the moment but, I regret later ( I have a sensitive conscience)

What I am trying to say is, the thought of agape love is just beyond my concept of love, I don't understand why someone (God) will love anyone (me example) without seeing flaws, forgiving a continuous sinner (fall, repent, fall, repent again)
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by Finallydead: 11:21am On Jun 14, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Selflessly devoting , I will be honest with you that part is not an easy one. I do get jealous seeing religious people practicing it and get motivated to doing it, once they are out sight - well my materialistic self comes back sad .
One sided love is a no no for me, I always like it 50-50 or balance. I know the love of God is bigger than anything great emotion of man, which can never be a 50-50, you can't tell me God loves me and I will be still sinning, any idea how that feels.
I can be annoying and sometimes stirring up trouble, I know it's wrong but, I think it's fun a the moment but, I regret later ( I have a sensitive conscience)

What I am trying to say is, the thought of agape love is just beyond my concept of love, I don't understand why someone (God) will love anyone (me example) without seeing flaws, forgiving a continuous sinner (fall, repent, fall, repent again)
Read my modified post. You can only live out agape when the agape nature of God is in you. You cannot give what you don't have. Whoever does not have agape inside of Him yet is yet to receive God into Him.(Rom5:5, 1Jn4:7,8,12,13,16).

1 Like

Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:35am On Jun 14, 2020
Finallydead:

Read my modified post. You can only live out agape when the agape nature of God is in you. You cannot give what you don't have. Whoever does not have agape inside of Him yet is yet to receive God into Him.(Rom5:5, 1Jn4:7,8,12,13,16).
Thank you, I will work on those scriptures.
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 14, 2020
I do my best to keep God's commandments.
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by Noel19: 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Nice, can one really love God. I mean not by saying it or doing things in the name of pleasing God, I mean genuine love like cravings, burning passions and desire. I don't know, like the love and desire for money is strong, but, I am really referring to a limitless love that is stronger than that of man to money.

The only way you can truly love God is to accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour and accept that he died on the cross just to set you free from the claws of eternal damnation.

That my friend is how you can truly love God.
Re: If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
Noel19:

The only way you can truly love God is to accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour and accept that he died on the cross just to set you free from the claws of eternal damnation.

That my friend is how you can truly love God.
I do accept those, I am not getting this love bond or feeling thing, it's not just there. Someone told me that the love is not the attraction type or chemical type, which I find it difficult to understand how then will the love be expressed in a non physical or psychological way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? / Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? / Long Church Service: Good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.