Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. (892 Views)

The Television Nigerian Lady Got After She Place An Order And Paid For It. / Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers / I Paid Evans 223,000 Euros As Ransom – Witness Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by Price042: 3:51pm On May 08, 2020
Good afternoon my fellow nairalander,pls i need matured advice.
I just wanna know if dere is any consequence attached to what i did,i did it becos of my family reputation.
their is a guy dat normally visit my sista, wen i ask my sista abt the guy,my sister will reply (he wants to marry me).
One faithful day i called my sista to hav a word with her concerning guy,I asked her wat does de guy do for a living,she reply dat the guy is into business and his parents promise to sale their land to support him more.
The annoying part of it is anytime the guy visit,he comes empty handed and my sister will serve him evening food.
Lemme cut the story short.
One day i came back from work i notice that my sister stomach is getting bigger day by day, i called my mom tell her what i noticed,she told me that my sister is pregnant and the guy is responsible for it his family are planning to come and perform the marriage rite i was relief a bit.
3weeks has come and gone i didn't see anybody,i invited the guy..do you the funny part de guy send his mother, i overlooked it i went further to ask her what are his family plan concerning my sista situation.the woman said they don't hav money to perform the rite rather the want to sale their land to raise money for that.I decided to lend them money to pay back when the most have dispose the land.
till now they haven't returned my money back and they stopped talking on how to sell the land again,as I'm talking now my sister is having 2 kids for him.
Can i claim those kids or wat do i do to get my money back.
Pls no insult
Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by OgbeniOja1: 3:58pm On May 08, 2020
Your sister no wise at all. Butbyoubhave set a very wrong precedent. See ehhh. Now the guy knows na you the shame dey kill pass so he won't care at all. And as for your sis who opens her legs all the time, hmmm. I'm sure u cloth and feed them all. What nonesense. How long will it continue?? Are u married if no then I wonder when u would be able to marry with the kind liabilities you chose to carry. You need to allow you sis see life small.

2 Likes

Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by Acme45: 4:38pm On May 08, 2020
Price042:
Good afternoon my fellow nairalander,pls i need matured advice.
I just wanna know if dere is any consequence attached to what i did,i did it becos of my family reputation.
their is a guy dat normally visit my sista, wen i ask my sista abt the guy,my sister will reply (he wants to marry me).
One faithful day i called my sista to hav a word with her concerning guy,I asked her wat does de guy do for a living,she reply dat the guy is into business and his parents promise to sale their land to support him more.
The annoying part of it is anytime the guy visit,he comes empty handed and my sister will serve him evening food.
Lemme cut the story short.
One day i came back from work i notice that my sister stomach is getting bigger day by day, i called my mom tell her what i noticed,she told me that my sister is pregnant and the guy is responsible for it his family are planning to come and perform the marriage rite i was relief a bit.
3weeks has come and gone i didn't see anybody,i invited the guy..do you the funny part de guy send his mother, i overlooked it i went further to ask her what are his family plan concerning my sista situation.the woman said they don't hav money to perform the rite rather the want to sale their land to raise money for that.I decided to lend them money to pay back when the most have dispose the land.
till now they haven't returned my money back and they stopped talking on how to sell the land again,as I'm talking now my sister is having 2 kids for him.
Can i claim those kids or wat do i do to get my money back.
Pls no insult
for the guy to even show up and accepted the pregnancy is good. But you're not supposed to give them any money to pay for your own sister's bride price. Don't even expect any return , remove your mind from it. Only God will pay you back.

5 Likes

Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by TheChameleon: 4:47pm On May 08, 2020
wink
Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by Yobabad: 4:55pm On May 08, 2020
This one strong, am coming let me reason with my brain

1 Like

Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by Ogilinsaka: 4:58pm On May 08, 2020
But the title says you paid for your sister's bride price? Did you or did you not pay? If you paid, then it means the children belongs to him.
If you didn't, the children aren't his according to Igbo tradition...

All in all, children are a blessing from God, accept them and your sister.

Life goes on marriage or no marriage...
Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by Bola146(f): 4:59pm On May 08, 2020
The foundation is already faulty cry You need to talk real sense to your sister, hope he is taking good care of your sister and her kids Just forget the money

1 Like

Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by Price042: 6:02pm On May 08, 2020
You made a point
OgbeniOja1:
Your sister no wise at all. Butbyoubhave set a very wrong precedent. See ehhh. Now the guy knows na you the shame dey kill pass so he won't care at all. And as for your sis who opens her legs all the time, hmmm. I'm sure u cloth and feed them all. What nonesense. How long will it continue?? Are u married if no then I wonder when u would be able to marry with the kind liabilities you chose to carry. You need to allow you sis see life small.
Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by Price042: 6:04pm On May 08, 2020
Bola146:
The foundation is already faulty cry You need to talk real sense to your sister, hope he is taking good care of your sister and her kids Just forget the money
De way I'm seening her I don't think the guy is taking care of them.
Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by Price042: 6:07pm On May 08, 2020
Ogilinsaka:
But the title says you paid for your sister's bride price? Did you or did you not pay? If you paid, then it means the children belongs to him.
If you didn't, the children aren't his according to Igbo tradition...

All in all, children are a blessing from God, accept them and your sister.

Life goes on marriage or no marriage...
l lend them money to do all the marriage rite including the traditional marriage.....no be small money oooo
Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by Price042: 6:08pm On May 08, 2020
Price042:
De way I'm seening her I don't think the guy is taking care of them.
Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by Ogilinsaka: 6:13pm On May 08, 2020
Price042:
l lend them money to do all the marriage rite including the traditional marriage.....no be small money oooo

For the sake of your sister and her children, forget the money.
If God be God your investment in their marriage would not be in vain.

Peace

1 Like

Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by Price042: 6:15pm On May 08, 2020
Yobabad:
This one strong, am coming let me reason with my brain
you beta come up with a gud idea
Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by bmdmixer: 6:59pm On May 08, 2020
can u claim d I have kids? na property they b?
Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:07pm On May 08, 2020
Sell family land to pay bride price?

No wonder they are baby mamas and dem still full market.
Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by DGoldenJenny: 9:40pm On May 08, 2020
first i will blame you for nursing such thought in the first place. That is ridiculous you know.
Had it been he is your friend that would've make sense a little bit.

But since the deed has been done i would employ you to forget the dept for now, what should be your utmost desire is to verify whether your bro. inlaw is treating your sister niece/nephew well. Remember the motive you had towards your action was to erase the shame and stigma that goes with single motherhood; that is to say you have the interest of your family at heart, so let no depth speaks otherwise.

in a nutshell.....believe me when i say that change may occur in your inlaws situation(financial breakthrough); God is the owner of our destinies, he decides whom to bless and when to .
Don't rule any man out because once you make this move of recovering your debt by claiming the ownership of another man's child(ren), you are automatically playing God over such individual.

My Bro. IT IS WELL with you.

1 Like

Re: I Paid For My Sister Bride Price. by Price042: 12:10am On May 09, 2020
DGoldenJenny:
first i will blame you for nursing such thought in the first place. That is ridiculous you know.
Had it been he is your friend that would've make sense a little bit.

But since the deed has been done i would employ you to forget the dept for now, what should be your utmost desire is to verify whether your bro. inlaw is treating your sister niece/nephew well. Remember the motive you had towards your action was to erase the shame and stigma that goes with single motherhood; that is to say you have the interest of your family at heart, so let no depth speaks otherwise.

in a nutshell.....believe me when i say that change may occur in your inlaws situation(financial breakthrough); God is the owner of our destinies, he decides whom to bless and when to .
Don't rule any man out because once you make this move of recovering your debt by claiming the ownership of another man's child(ren), you are automatically playing God over such individual.

My Bro. IT IS WELL with you.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Police Release Photos Of Woman Who Drilled A Nail Into The Head Of Her Housemaid / Bank Staff Uses Teargas To Disperse Customers In Lagos / Story Of Pastor Who Was Allegedly Killed By His Wife And Children (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.