Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,641 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? (1296 Views)

The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender / Why Do I Struggle To Have Sex? I Want To Start Enjoying Sex *serious Answers Plz / How To Find Comfort In The Midst Of Struggle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:28pm On May 08, 2020
Before you jump the gun, this is a general theme among black families all over the world. Yes, it also exists in all other races. But the black race always sets new standards by promoting “struggle love”!

Are you in a STRUGGLE LOVE? Please share. cheesy
I have been in a struggle love, but I did not put up with it and I NEVER WILL!

Black women go through “STRUGGLE LOVE” more so than black men or any other group of women in other racial groups.

I had a 23 year old client who texted me about her struggle in her relationship. Her self-esteem was practically in the sewer. Men also go through this, but women are the worse victims. Is this a generational or racial CURSE? undecided

What is “STRUGGLE LOVE”?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXDSuzdhpAQ

1 Like

Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:28pm On May 08, 2020
Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by PuZZyNegro: 4:32pm On May 08, 2020
KanwuliaExtra:
Before you jump the gun, this is a general theme among black families all over the world. Yes, it also exists in all other races. But the black race always sets new standards by promoting “struggle love”!

Are you in a STRUGGLE LOVE? Please share. cheesy
I have been in a struggle love, but I did not put up with it and I NEVER WILL!

Black woken for through “STRUGGLE LOVE” more so than black men.

I had a 23 year old client who texted me about her struggle in her relationship. Her self-esteem was practically in the sewer. Men also go through this, but women are the worse victim. Is this a generational or racial CURSE? undecided

You have not said anything

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:32pm On May 08, 2020
Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by PuZZyNegro: 4:32pm On May 08, 2020

1 Like

Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:43pm On May 08, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

You have not said anything

I don’t have to say anything. I am only here to show the FACTS! Not my personal experiences. kiss

You wan read gossip! You go wait taya ke!

My struggle love days with NIGGARZZZ don pass tey tey o!

Not in my family heritage.
Thanks!❤️
Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:48pm On May 08, 2020

1 Like

Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by bukatyne(f): 4:59pm On May 08, 2020
Interesting video.

I will relate it more to Nigeria.

The average Nigerian does not believe in democracy: we are either better than someone or worse off.

Our parents want us to be the 'best' amongst our mates etc.

With such training and belief system, mutual respect flies out of the window. Someone must be 'on top' to be respected.

Being 'on top' wouldn't have been a problem if we have the culture of caring for those 'weaker or lesser' than us.

Instead, we bully those we are stronger than. We use our strenght to trample on the 'weaker' or those 'beneath' us.

Look at relationships between husbands & wives, parents & children, bosses & subordinates, leaders & followers etc.

Because of that, we do not understand the concept of leadership by example therefore adopt 'do as I do' and not do as I say.

While it is easy to decry struggle love/struggle marriages (which is more common here), how do we train our sons?

One of the comments paraphrased read 'I ain't your mama so I can't train you if your mama did a bad job.' While it sounds funny, it is an home truth:

Are we bringing up sons we can marry tomorrow? Are we perpetrating the 'Struggle love' concept by the expectations and treatment we have for women married to our brothers and sons?

And like the lady said: it is our choice. If we say no to 'struggle love' from the men we choose on a large scale, other men would be forced to sit up.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by bukatyne(f): 5:03pm On May 08, 2020
KanwuliaExtra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-mP8f4FuoY

The root of the issues is that we don't love and value ourselves.

Gbam!
Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by bukatyne(f): 5:08pm On May 08, 2020
KanwuliaExtra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-mP8f4FuoY

# The root of the issues is that we don't love and value ourselves.

#You have the responsibility to fix your environment to pick a good man.

Gbam!

To think this was shot on my birthday.
Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by STENON(f): 5:26pm On May 08, 2020
LOVE is Love . No condition is attached to it, struggle Love is conditional undecided
Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by KanwuliaExtra: 5:51pm On May 08, 2020
bukatyne:

# The root of the issues is that we don't love and value ourselves.

#You have the responsibility to fix your environment to pick a good man.

Gbam!

To think this was shot on my birthday.

Absolutely!
And this goes from generation to generation.
We teach our daughters how accept dysfunctionality in unhealthy relationships.

Religion, lliteracy and poverty are the main culprits used to promote “struggle love”!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzWjOSyMo7w

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by KanwuliaExtra: 5:58pm On May 08, 2020
Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by 1Sharon(f): 1:12pm On May 12, 2020
Well, African American women in general don't demand alot before sleeping with a man. Some women do put themselves in these situations by going for no-good men then turn around to complain.
Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by Mstick: 8:59am On May 13, 2020
Thanks for this topic! This is just the type of love black men love. She stayed with me after I cheated, beat on her,had babies on her,broke,did jail time but she stayed so she's the best woman ever, I feel the worth of a woman in a black relationship is determined by how much hurt and humiliation she can endure.

Ever wonder why they claim to "hit big money" whenever a woman chooses to leave their toxic behind? Because they feel the only thing they can or should do is provide and crazy a enough they can't even fully provide for their women without her own support.

Virtuous women according to black men aided by the "Bible" and traditions that have taken us no where is just a walking, talking,money making,kids popping,human shield doormat.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by Mstick: 9:10am On May 13, 2020

Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by ccffwx: 9:16am On May 13, 2020
Struggle love? Miss me with that! Bukatyne spot on!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by bukatyne(f): 5:11pm On May 13, 2020
ccffwx:
Struggle love? Miss me with that! Bukatyne spot on!

Thanks
Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by KanwuliaExtra: 6:06pm On May 13, 2020
Mstick:
Thanks for this topic! This is just the type of love black men love. She stayed with me after I cheated, beat on her,had babies on her,broke,did jail time but she stayed so she's the best woman ever, I feel the worth of a woman in a black relationship is determined by how much hurt and humiliation she can endure.

Ever wonder why they claim to "hit big money" whenever a woman chooses to leave their toxic behind? Because they feel the only thing they can or should do is provide and crazy a enough they can't even fully provide for their women without her own support.

Virtuous women according to black men aided by the "Bible" and traditions that have taken us no where is just a walking, talking,money making,kids popping,human shield doormat.

I agree totally.
As for the “bible” and its “pastors”, all that can be promoted is a “RIDE OR DIE” mentality. It is better to be SINGLE AND MISERABLE. At least your problems are yours only!

Low self-esteem drives women to churches for the most parts, to look for a “drug” to “fix” their broken bodies and spirits!

This goes on from generation to generation.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by KanwuliaExtra: 9:36am On May 16, 2020
Angie Stone:

Queen of “STRUGGLE ❤️“ lyrics! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PWz-NubVpM
Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by KanwuliaExtra: 9:39am On May 16, 2020
R Kelly! Uhn-Uhn. . . . King of “Struggle Love”! grin
Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by KanwuliaExtra: 9:45am On May 16, 2020
Jaheim! Anoda wan Don come o!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paQc_A0oPxM
Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by KanwuliaExtra: 9:49am On May 16, 2020
Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by bulbutcher(m): 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
You forgot to include our very own 2 baba & anie who single handedly legalised side chick in Nigeria
Re: Why Is Black ❤️ So Much Of “Struggle ❤️ “? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
Well until we change the narrative, it will continue.

(1) (Reply)

If I Die / Drop the victm mentality, you are not that innocent. / Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.