Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Please Advice Me - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Advice Me (948 Views)

Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. / Please Advice Me On The Car To Get With 1.5 Million / Please Advice Either To Buy 2008 Lexus E350 Or Camry 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me by haryothosyn93(m): 5:12pm On May 08, 2020
Good day to my experts in the house.

I will be brief with my discussion here. I went to zuba auto spear parts market two days ago to get a direct belgium engine for my toyota car but unfortunately, the engine chain cover need to be change due to the sitting of the car but after the mechanic have mount the new engine, we realise the engine was leaking from the top jacket. The seller promise to change the jacket and it will be fine but I insists the Igbo Man should replace it for me.

Please, what advice could give to me in terms of replacing the top jacket or replacing the engine.

Has anyone experience something like this before?
I will deeply appreciate your feedback on this topic.
Re: Please Advice Me by baconline(m): 8:46pm On May 08, 2020
Do u mean top gasket? If yes ,change the engine ,could have another issue so avoid it
Re: Please Advice Me by uboma(m): 9:15pm On May 08, 2020
haryothosyn93:
Good day to my experts in the house.

I will be brief with my discussion here. I went to zuba auto spear parts market two days ago to get a direct belgium engine for my toyota car but unfortunately, the engine chain cover need to be change due to the sitting of the car but after the mechanic have mount the new engine, we realise the engine was leaking from the top jacket. The seller promise to change the jacket and it will be fine but I insists the Igbo Man should replace it for me.

Please, what advice could give to me in terms of replacing the top jacket or replacing the engine.

Has anyone experience something like this before?
I will deeply appreciate your feedback on this topic.

The spare parts seller usually give some days which you are free to return the part/engine for a replacement. Did you get it?

Have you asked the seller for a complete replacement? What was his response? If he's unwilling to replace them engine, you could threaten to report the matter to the market authority. They are usually scared to get into the black books of the market authority. I do hope that it isn't too late to return the engine though.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me by haryothosyn93(m): 7:04am On May 09, 2020
I was given some days to return which will lapse on tuesday next week but the seller is trying to play me in the sense that he want to repair the engine by not replacing or changing it for me. I still insist that he should replace it. Now, he told me that he doesn't have anyone on ground that I should wait till when his market will arrived and he want me to drop the faulty engine with him and he will call my mechanic as soon as the goods arrive.

I am just a bit tense that hope this seller won't tell me different story if I drop the faulty engine for now and come back to pick another one as he said.

uboma:

The spare parts seller usually give some days which you are free to return the part/engine for a replacement. Did you get it?

Have you asked the seller for a complete replacement? What was his response? If he's unwilling to replace them engine, you could threaten to report the matter to the market authority. They are usually scared to get into the black books of the market authority. I do hope that it isn't too late to return the engine though.
Re: Please Advice Me by soloehis(m): 8:49am On May 09, 2020
Return it.. and report him to the market union before the due date.so u can have a witness.dont repair anything..
But wait did you go alone to buy it or u went with ur Mechanic? If u went with ur Mechanic u need to get another trusted person..
Re: Please Advice Me by soloehis(m): 8:51am On May 09, 2020
Show am red eye...raise ur voice and insist he change it else u wont leave..the thing just dey pain me for here

(1) (Reply)

Direct Toks Toyota Camry 2004 @ 1.8m / Lexus Es300 Whatsapp Group / Oil Shortage Without Leakage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.