Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

No Resumption Date Yet For Schools - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Resumption Date Yet For Schools (37698 Views)

COEASU Begin Nationwide Strike, Say No Resumption Date Yet / No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU / Schools We Resume Back Soon But No Date Yet- Minister For Education. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Doyou2019: 10:05am On May 09, 2020
boom99:
As a teacher my song everyday goes thus:
The anchor holds though the ship be battered
The anchor holds though the sails be torn
I have fallen on my kneels
As I face the raging sea
The anchor holds, inspite of the storm

UDO!

Very sad. With the lockdown eased, it just appears as though teachers have been jobless all the while. Tough times, but one can take confidence from the fact that God, the anchor, never abandons His own.

1 Like

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Orestino(m): 10:06am On May 09, 2020
Wetin concern me? if we like, make we resume for 2021.. nah all those people whey still dey first, second and third year I pity.. some go born twins before them finally finish school

1 Like

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Brunicekid(m): 10:09am On May 09, 2020
johnkey:
How will our empty head students survive this oh lawd
which kain empty headed students That means, you self were empty headed as a student grin cheesy
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Nobody: 10:11am On May 09, 2020
Anyone talking of resuming school now is very wicked. Imagine assembling school children from different areas to a boarding school.

God forbid. It is unfortunate it is going to affect some kids from passing out when they supposed to but it is a matter of can;t help .

More of farce majeure

1 Like

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by boom99(m): 10:13am On May 09, 2020
Doyou2019:

Very sad. With the lockdown eased, it just appears as though teachers have been jobless all the while. Tough times, but one can take confidence from the fact that God, the anchor, never abandons His own.

TRUE BOSS.

1 Like

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by LOSKYXANDER: 10:14am On May 09, 2020
Dpharisee:
The online school thing is not working. I tune in to the channels teaching various subjects but the kids will not concentrate, because it's the same TV they watch Cartoons and movies.

They will say Daddy I want to go and drink water, I want to go and ease myself, they are showing primary 5 mathematics and I am in primary 4, let me watch small cartoon before they start primary 4 basic science.

Daddy Favour is making noise, he wants to tear my book.
This is not how our Aunty use to teach us, she is asking what is pollination, daddy what is pollination?

I will tell them go and ask your mummy I want to rest, next minute mummy said nobody should disturb her, okay go back and continue watching the TV teacher. But daddy they have finished basic science can we watch Princess Sophia and Elena of Avalon please. (They know how to check the lineup of the lessons with the DSTV remote.) Let me show you, they will start primary 4 English by 2pm, social studies by 4pm. Mimi if you watch your own lesson by 3pm, me I will watch Ben 10 by 3:30pm and my own primary 3 French is by 5, then you will watch Barney and Friends by 6pm, Mummy will watch Deception on Zeeworld by 7pm.
Nobody puts Daddy into the equation since they have not resumed Premiership and they say they are tired of me watching CNN and BBC showing only Coronavirus, everytime Corona, Coronavirus and we have only one decorder cry cry

Abeg, the online school is not working out for me, make school resume abeg and father Lord make Corona vanish abeg undecided
Which channel on DSTV is the online learning for kids, especially for french?
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Dpharisee: 10:15am On May 09, 2020
LOSKYXANDER:

Which channel on DSTV is the online learning for kids, especially for french?
317, 318 and 319
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by OKTolu: 10:16am On May 09, 2020
ok no problem
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by robosky02(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2020
When schools finally open

4 Likes

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:23am On May 09, 2020
Albert0011:
So as it stands now..education is gradually going into oblivion in Nigeria.
Our presido is observing everywhere.

Pls stop calling our Presido into abeg you.......
The man is in safia pains at the moment and education is never his thing.....

You can call Lair Mohammed for more confusion and enquiries
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by icestorm(m): 10:24am On May 09, 2020
Baba God, help us that are working in private schools. How do the government think we survive? Government teachers still get their salaries but no one is talking about the private school teachers especially those working in low class schools. Baba owo re lawa
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:24am On May 09, 2020
robosky02:
When schools finally open

Lols...People killing people..... Their teachers nko?
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Twinna: 10:24am On May 09, 2020
Only if we had develop and integrated online learning in our school system
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Karlifate: 10:24am On May 09, 2020
OBTMOS:
this your English, schools really need to open.
davit:
I swear, with this English construction of yours,
schools need to resume ASAP!

Most schools have come up with Whatsapp classes.
OBTMOS:
this your English, schools really need to open.

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Kaamisha: 10:32am On May 09, 2020
Will come soon. They will look what advanced nations are doing and copy it unless it requires them to actually spend money. That's what they have been doing all along.
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by moonberry: 10:34am On May 09, 2020
icestorm:
Baba God, help us that are working in private schools. How do the government think we survive? Government teachers still get their salaries but no one is talking about the private school teachers especially those working in low class schools. Baba owo re lawa
It is well .
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by 2kurupt(m): 10:40am On May 09, 2020
SirdimayG:

Most schools have come up with Whatsapp classes grin grin grin

All to justify the school fees o cheesy cheesy
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Nobody: 10:43am On May 09, 2020
Dpharisee

grin grin
Wow!!
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Nobody: 10:44am On May 09, 2020
visijo:
Markets opened before schools, with this few point of mine, I hope I've been able to convince you all that Traders are better than Teachers� cool

And pastors grin

2 Likes

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by BreconHills(m): 10:44am On May 09, 2020
Dpharisee:
The online school thing is not working. I tune in to the channels teaching various subjects but the kids will not concentrate, because it's the same TV they watch Cartoons and movies.

They will say Daddy I want to go and drink water, I want to go and ease myself, they are showing primary 5 mathematics and I am in primary 4, let me watch small cartoon before they start primary 4 basic science.

Daddy Favour is making noise, he wants to tear my book.
This is not how our Aunty use to teach us, she is asking what is pollination, daddy what is pollination?

I will tell them go and ask your mummy I want to rest, next minute mummy said nobody should disturb her, okay go back and continue watching the TV teacher. But daddy they have finished basic science can we watch Princess Sophia and Elena of Avalon please. (They know how to check the lineup of the lessons with the DSTV remote.) Let me show you, they will start primary 4 English by 2pm, social studies by 4pm. Mimi if you watch your own lesson by 3pm, me I will watch Ben 10 by 3:30pm and my own primary 3 French is by 5, then you will watch Barney and Friends by 6pm, Mummy will watch Deception on Zeeworld by 7pm.
Nobody puts Daddy into the equation since they have not resumed Premiership and they say they are tired of me watching CNN and BBC showing only Coronavirus, everytime Corona, Coronavirus and we have only one decorder cry cry

Abeg, the online school is not working out for me, make school resume abeg and father Lord make Corona vanish abeg undecided

If your childrens school is using a fun and innovative platform, then children will love working. You cant teach young children the same old way. My wife runs a primary school and we are going to keep the online side and build it into the physical classroom. TV is not a good medium of teaching. Its too one dimensional.

1 Like

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by apexc314: 10:44am On May 09, 2020
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Mizwisdom(f): 10:52am On May 09, 2020
So children should remain at home doing what? this is unfair, no plan to continue educating young minds? if you are a parent get a home tutor and download the school curriculum, no time o. Our government is clueless
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Samfloxin(m): 10:54am On May 09, 2020
ursullalinda:
Wise decision......but I pity private school teachers........heard they are not being paid......Wonder how they will fend for themselves and their families this period.
I really pity them. Especially the ones with family,very pathetic

1 Like

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Nobody: 10:54am On May 09, 2020
Another depression 90% of African countries are doomed. Nigeria has started having 300 cases per day good that is when the stupid apc and pdp supporters would open their eyes for once.
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Mizwisdom(f): 10:56am On May 09, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:
Anyone talking of resuming school now is very wicked. Imagine assembling school children from different areas to a boarding school.

God forbid. It is unfortunate it is going to affect some kids from passing out when they supposed to but it is a matter of can;t help .

More of farce majeure

Your type are the cause of our problems. No wonder your moniker has already prophesied your destination
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Nobody: 10:58am On May 09, 2020
SmartchildTutor:

Television teaching won't work.
Reason:
It's just a broadcast. That's not teaching.
For teaching to take place,
1. the educator must have a [b]conversation with the learner[/b]
2. The learner must be assigned tasks that would be returned to the educator and feedback sent to the learner.
3. The educator must design the learning structure to match the interest, ability and pace of the learner.
4. The teaching must be centred on the learner not a case of a teacher displaying his/her knowledge.
And lots more...
How to access this kind of learning experience for your child?
Worry no more!
SmartChild tutors have got you covered.
Being locked down is no being locked out.

See my signature to book a space for your child today.

As a programmer that is learning on his own I would say it isn't true. Even YouTube teachers that don't have conversations with their students are really good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Admission List / University Of Nigeria 'UNN' Dropout Made A Lecturer By Hong Kong University / Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.