Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

No Resumption Date Yet For Schools - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Resumption Date Yet For Schools (37681 Views)

COEASU Begin Nationwide Strike, Say No Resumption Date Yet / No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU / Schools We Resume Back Soon But No Date Yet- Minister For Education. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Aturitoroman: 9:31am On May 09, 2020
Bad time for all final year students

1 Like

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Joecristiano7(m): 9:31am On May 09, 2020
Issit me or something else, bcuz to carry book read this period con dey hard

2 Likes

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Sultty(m): 9:31am On May 09, 2020
Ok seen
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Albert0011(m): 9:32am On May 09, 2020
EternalTruth:

Awon space bookers grin the hustle for front page comments is real.
Well it seems academics may likely be suspended this year as this virus seems like it isn't leaving anytime soon with increased cases as days goes by.
My opinion though.
I dey tell u
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by francisduru: 9:37am On May 09, 2020
Children go come dull

1 Like

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Sardauna24(m): 9:38am On May 09, 2020
Jesuisbelle:
Resumption will be till September
How did u know?by d way we dont pray so
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by smogup: 9:39am On May 09, 2020
visijo:
Markets opened before schools, with this few point of mine, I hope I've been able to convince you all that Traders are better than Teachers� cool

Teachers are now traders.

4 Likes

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by boom99(m): 9:39am On May 09, 2020
As a teacher my song everyday goes thus:
The anchor holds though the ship be battered
The anchor holds though the sails be torn
I have fallen on my kneels
As I face the raging sea
The anchor holds, inspite of the storm

UDO!

2 Likes

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by WalkerMichael(m): 9:39am On May 09, 2020
Aturitoroman:
Bad time for all final year students

I can relate. Very bad time cry
We were just starting with project topic writing when the whole issue escalated
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by IamgratefulLord(f): 9:39am On May 09, 2020
How will teachers survive? sad angry
I mean private school teachers?
What if schools don't resume this year??
What are we going to eat? smiley
Without school fees, teachers can't be paid!!
Please Lord have mercy on us, let your mercy triumph over judgement! smiley
God I plead on behalf of the world, please Lord have mercy on us, we all have fallen short of your glory!! Forgive us Lord,heal our land.
You are Mightier than what people say!!
Please Lord have mercy!!
You made the heaven and the earth, I pray!!!.......In the victorious Name of JESUS Christ, Amen!! smiley
Let your glory fill this earth!! Your word says, you rule in the affairs of men!!
We acknowledge you as the ONLY WISE GOD! smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Appswheel(m): 9:42am On May 09, 2020
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Doyou2019: 9:44am On May 09, 2020
ursullalinda:
Wise decision......but I pity private school teachers........heard they are not being paid......Wonder how they will fend for themselves and their families this period.

I think those who work in big schools are getting paid though. Those in mushroom schools had better not return there whenever formal education resumes. You can't be a graduate in a shithole and then allow a mushroom school shit on you; that's double jeopardy. You know you're way better than that; so start something now!
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by molybdenum0012: 9:44am On May 09, 2020
Well, I think the way out is for parents to get online tutors for their kids. We have Zoom App, google class room etc for that purpose.

Kindly contact me for your online tutoring
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Favy1235(f): 9:46am On May 09, 2020
Na to just forget about school this year. Wetin dey even pain me pass be say i never even write 1st semester quiz. Very soon now there will be 100la and b
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by OBTMOS(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2020
SirdimayG:

Most schools has came up with whatsapp class grin grin grin
this your English, schools really need to open.

8 Likes

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by freethinker420(m): 9:48am On May 09, 2020
This is an opportunity for we students to learn a digital skill
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by iramure(m): 9:49am On May 09, 2020
I now see my pastor as fake. He told me God told him year 2020 was my year, I believed him as said a big Amen.
I am supposed to be 50 this year but I have decided to remain 49 till next year because I am deleting 2020 from my life.
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Angelfrost(m): 9:51am On May 09, 2020
johnkey:
How will our empty head students survive this oh lawd

How have your empty headed graduates, doctors, lecturers, scientists, senators, Aso Rock inhabitants, been surviving for years??!... Pray tell!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by SmartchildTutor: 9:52am On May 09, 2020
Dpharisee:
The online school thing is not working. I tune in to the channels teaching various subjects but the kids will not concentrate, because it's the same TV they watch Cartoons and movies.

They will say Daddy I want to go and drink water, I want to go and ease myself, they are showing primary 5 mathematics and I am in primary 4, let me watch small cartoon before they start primary 4 basic science.

Daddy Favour is making noise, he wants to tear my book.
This is not how our Aunty use to teach us, she is asking what is pollination, daddy what is pollination?

I will tell them go and ask your mummy I want to rest, next minute mummy said nobody should disturb her, okay go back and continue watching the TV teacher. But daddy they have finished basic science can we watch Princess Sophia and Elena of Avalon please. (They know how to check the lineup of the lessons with the DSTV remote.) Let me show you, they will start primary 4 English by 2pm, social studies by 4pm. Mimi if you watch your own lesson by 3pm, me I will watch Ben 10 by 3:30pm and my own primary 3 French is by 5, then you will watch Barney and Friends by 6pm, Mummy will watch Deception on Zeeworld by 7pm.
Nobody puts Daddy into the equation since they have not resumed Premiership and they say they are tired of me watching CNN and BBC showing only Coronavirus, everytime Corona, Coronavirus and we have only one decorder cry cry

Abeg, the online school is not working out for me, make school resume abeg and father Lord make Corona vanish abeg undecided

Television teaching won't work.
Reason:
It's just a broadcast. That's not teaching.
For teaching to take place,
1. the educator must have a conversation with the learner.
2. The learner must be assigned tasks that would be returned to the educator and feedback sent to the learner.
3. The educator must design the learning structure to match the interest, ability and pace of the learner.
4. The teaching must be centred on the learner not a case of a teacher displaying his/her knowledge.
And lots more...
How to access this kind of learning experience for your child?
Worry no more!
SmartChild tutors have got you covered.
Being locked down is no being locked out.

See my signature to book a space for your child today.

5 Likes

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by ksbusari(m): 9:52am On May 09, 2020
They are using coronavirus scam to disrupt education. this shows how useless our education system is.

1 Like

Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by ksbusari(m): 9:53am On May 09, 2020
They are using coronavirus scam to disrupt education. This shows how useless our education system is. They don't have a plan to reopen. dumb heads
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by akure1stson: 9:55am On May 09, 2020
na schools go resume bk to work last
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by ursullalinda(f): 9:56am On May 09, 2020
Doyou2019:

I think those who work in big schools are getting paid though. Those in mushroom schools had better not return there whenever formal education resumes. You can't be a graduate in a shithole and then allow a mushroom school shit on you; that's double jeopardy. You know you're way better than that; so start something now!

As if they deliberately went there.......no be condition make crayfish bend.
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by davit: 9:58am On May 09, 2020
I swear, with this English construction of yours,
schools need to resume ASAP!
SirdimayG:

Most schools has came up with whatsapp class grin grin grin

Most schools have come up with Whatsapp classes.
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Mrlucky81(m): 10:01am On May 09, 2020
With the way things are going enh Let's just be ready to pay another house rent
Re: No Resumption Date Yet For Schools by Doyou2019: 10:02am On May 09, 2020
ursullalinda:

As if they deliberately went there.......no be condition make crayfish bend.

Yes I know but times are harder now. No point crying over spilt milk. They just have to get their butt up and hit the streets. No graduate should ever return to any of these mushroom schools. Not worth it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

House Of Representatives To Arrest Father Edeh, Madonna University VC / Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools / Difference Between Bsc And Bsc (hons)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.